Robert Muldoon

edited March 2011 in Jurassic Park
Robert Muldoon was definitely one of my favorite characters in the movie and I know a lot of other fans feel the same. I think it would be really awesome if he returned in the game. I know that he suposedly got killed in the movie, but you never actually see the raptors kill him so it's not totaly impossible for him to have survived, in fact he did survive in the comics and in the original book (although he wasn't attacked the same way there). Anyway I think it would be great if he made an appearance in the game especially since none of the other main characters from the movie can.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    which 1 is he again?
  • edited February 2011
    which 1 is he again?

The park warden from the first movie.

While I would love to see him return, I don't know how much I would...since..well Bob Peck died...but I do hope he returns.
  • edited February 2011
    which 1 is he again?
    muldoon.gif
  • edited February 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    While I would love to see him return, I don't know how much I would...since..well Bob Peck died...but I do hope he returns.

Yes I know he died :(

But Telltale did a great job with finding a sound-alike for Marty in Back to the Future so I don't think voicing him would be a problem.

But I don't think it's very likely that he will return either, but it would be awesome.
  • edited February 2011
    mystemo wrote: »
    But I don't think it's very likely that he will return either

He could be referenced at any rate. At least some of the game takes place in a timeframe before he got clever-girled.
  • edited February 2011
    Sisyphus wrote: »
    before he got clever-girled.

Apparently we are going to see some clever-girl action in this game, prolly not with Muldoon but according to the 15-mnute gameplay video, they seem to be planning to have some pretty clever girls in this season of Telltale games!
  • edited February 2011
    Why oh why didn't he take the M16A2 instead of the SPAZ 12. He would have live and could have picked it off when he first saw it on the path to the maintenence shed. He's my fav character aside from the Raptors. the cool looking ones from the first and second films, not those stupid chicken things from the third film.
  • edited February 2011
    rixcm wrote: »
    Why oh why didn't he take the M16A2 instead of the SPAZ 12.

In the Trespasser game, the same gun is called the Belle Shotgun, wtf. Anyway, the SPAZ is my gun on CoD just for that!
  • edited February 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    In the Trespasser game, the same gun is called the Belle Shotgun, wtf. Anyway, the SPAZ is my gun on CoD just for that!

well there's nothing wrong with teh SPAZ 12 its my all time favourite,
    but in the situation he was in the M16A2 would have been a far better choice
  • edited February 2011
    rixcm wrote: »
    well there's nothing wrong with teh SPAZ 12 its my all time favourite,
    but in the situation he was in the M16A2 would have been a far better choice

No, I know, just felt like talking about Trespasser cuz I love it. Of course he woulda done better with a M16A2 but hunters have thier own styles. Look at Roland Tembo in TLW, his favorite gun was an old elephant gun if i remember right even though he has millions of dollars of funds to capture these dinos!
  • edited February 2011
    Honestly Muldoon was stupid for taking the SPAS in the first place. Roland was smart when he brought along his elephant gun. He knew what he was hunting, knew the size of it and used his knowledge to get the best gun for the job.

Muldoon could have easily, like rix said, taken care of those raptors and been back in the bunker for some R&R yet.. he wanted to be all metal gear and get up close and personal.

Anywho, the movies don't really do justice to modern firearms in all honesty.. In the 3rd movie, those mercenaries that were hired by the Kirby's used a Barret .50 caliber rifle. Now.. the biggest thing I can honestly look at and compare it to the Spino would be an elephant, and a .50 wouldn't take it down.. but it'd do some serious damage.

Sorry, got off topic. Muldoon dying sucked. I read the book long after I saw the film and was like "Wait.. wtf?" Muldoon lives in the book, dies in the film... Sucks right?
  • edited February 2011
    It looked like all they had on the island were SPAZ. The locker was full of them. I'm guessing all they had to work with was that and tasers.
  • edited February 2011
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g201/LieutenantColonel/M16.jpg

There are a couple of M16 modeled rifles there to his left. Much better weapon to go raptor hunting with, especially since they're a fair distance apart.
  • edited February 2011
    Kraven wrote: »
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g201/LieutenantColonel/M16.jpg

There are a couple of M16 modeled rifles there to his left. Much better weapon to go raptor hunting with, especially since they're a fair distance apart.

Simple. He wasn't expecting to go raptor hunting. No one realized that the shutdown cut all power, including the raptor fences.
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, cause even Nedry knew better than to mess with the raptor fences.
  • edited February 2011
    when i was young i played with my friends at jurassik park, and i was always rober muldoon!!
    he is also my favourite
  • edited February 2011
    Whether it was raptor hunting or not, unless he was packing slug rounds in that shotgun, he was going to have to get within a close distance to do any damage to his target. Stupid, stupid move.
  • edited February 2011
    Whether it was raptor hunting or not, unless he was packing slug rounds in that shotgun, he was going to have to get within a close distance to do any damage to his target. Stupid, stupid move.

Honestly? Knowing the Rex was out and about, the SMART move would be to take heavy explosives. I honestly think it's a behind-the-scenes issue of...these are damned expensive animals. As good-natured as the movie version of John Hammond is compared to the novel version, I don't think he would've been to pleased with Muldoon wanting to blow up those animals. At least until the very end when he realizes how much of a lost cause the park is.
  • edited February 2011
    The 5.56mm round would do more damage then a buckshot round in a shotgun. Like I said, unless he had a slug round in that shotgun, the rifle would have been better.
  • edited March 2011
    mystemo wrote: »
    I know that he suposedly got killed in the movie, but you never actually see the raptors kill him so it's not totaly impossible for him to have survived, in fact he did survive in the comics and in the original book (although he wasn't attacked the same way there). Anyway I think it would be great if he made an appearance in the game especially since none of the other main characters from the movie can.

Well, in the movie, he had his face eaten off. So, he's kind of dead. They had him hidden behind a big plant, so they could show the attack and keep the violence at a minimal. A similar technique was used in the sequel, where that one guy is eaten to death by the compies behind a rock, so we just see lots of blood run down through the river.
  • edited March 2011
    The 5.56mm round would do more damage then a buckshot round in a shotgun. Like I said, unless he had a slug round in that shotgun, the rifle would have been better.

Well, Considering How Close It Was In The Jungle, Really, The SPAS-12 (Yes, SPAS, Not "SPAZ") Would Have Probably Been Better Overall.. It Was Just Unfortunate That His Exact Situation Required A Weapon That Was Accurate At A Range.

But If He'd Have Got The Shot Off On The Raptor That Jumped Him From His Flank, And Hit, He'd Probably Have Killed It, Because A Shell And Close Range Like That Can Be Devastating.

On The Subject At Hand - Yes, I Do Hope There's At Least Some Mention Of Muldoon. He's My Favourite Character. I Was... Rather Gutted That He Died. It Was... Unfortunate. Oh Well... Raptor Got Some Dinner, 'Eh?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.