Jurassic Park Unofficial FAQ (Please Read Before Creating Threads)

edited September 2014 in Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Unofficial FAQ (Last Updated: September 2, 2014)

Note that all information in this FAQ is compiled by former community moderator Icedhope and community moderators Jennifer and Vainamoinen. We check our facts thoroughly and have a lot of Telltale experience on our backs, but this is not an 'official' source, we're just volunteers!

(1) What is Jurassic Park: The Game?
Jurassic Park: The Game is an episodic game that takes place during the events of the first film, and deals with what happened to the Barbasol can of dinosaur embryos that Nedry stole from the park.

(2) Were the creators of Jurassic Park involved in the game?
Telltale worked with Universal Studios to make sure the game stayed true to the greater universe of Jurassic Park.

(3) What is gameplay like?
This game was released before the cinematic story games such as The Walking Dead, so the gameplay doesn't consist of choices and consequences (minus one small choice at the end of the final episode). The gameplay mostly consists of quick time events, with a few areas of casual exploration in between.

(4) For which platforms is Jurassic Park: The Game available?
Jurassic Park: The Game is available for PC and Mac, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

(5) How much does Jurassic Park: The Game cost?
The entire season can be purchased for PC and Mac for $30 on Steam and at the Telltale store. The prices for other platforms vary.

(6) I used my code from the Jurassic Part Trilogy set for a free episode. Where is it?
You can download this by logging into the site and clicking the My Games link from the pull down menu in the top-right.

(7) How many episodes are there in Jurassic Park: The Game?
There are four episodes. The episode titles are The Intruder, The Calvary, The Depths, and The Survivors.

(8) What are the System Requirements for the PC/Mac?

PC System Requirements
Processor: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
Sound: Direct X 8.1 sound device

Mac System Requirements
Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium or equivalent
Additional: Not recommended for MAC Minis or early-generation MacBooks

(9) For which languages are the game available?
There are English and German voice options with English, German and French subtitles.

(10) Can I play Jurassic Park with a gamepad?
Definitely! You'll be given the option to choose between gamepad and keyboard/mouse when you start the game. If you wish to switch control schemes, you will need to restart the game.

(11) Hey, why can't I save my game? What's going on? There's no option on the main menu.
Don't worry - the game is saving automatically at set checkpoints. If you want to replay a section later, you can choose it from the Scenarios list on the main menu. When you load your game, you will be taken to the latest checkpoint you've reached.

(12) Episodes 2-4 aren't available on the main menu. I bought the game. What's the deal?
You will need to complete Episode 1 before you're able to start Episode 2. Then you'll need to proceed through all of Episode 2 before Episode 3 will unlock, and so on.

(13) Will Jurassic Park: The Game be ported to other platforms?
This is unlikely as Jurassic Park: The Game is several years old now and Telltale mainly only ports their newer games to other platforms.

(14) Is there a bonus/free collector's DVD version for Jurassic Park: The Game available from the Telltale store?
There was, but unfortunately the collector's DVD is now out of print.

(15) Is there a soundtrack CD available?
No soundtrack CD was ever produced for Jurassic Park: The Game, however at one time, Telltale offered downloads of the soundtrack to people who purchased the deluxe version (but this option is no longer available). Since Telltale has mostly moved on from physical merchandise, it seems unlikely that a soundtrack CD will be released in the future.

(16) What about other merchandise?
T-shirts and posters were available in the Telltale store, however these have been discontinued as Telltale has mostly moved on from physical merchandise.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I bet we'll still be seeing a lot of new threads asking these same questions again and again.

By the way, what systems will this game be available for?
  • edited February 2011
    If possible, you should change faq to FAQ because at first glance it looked like something else and I was all like :eek:

But yeah, it's good to have a list going of confirmed information for easy access
  • edited February 2011
    Is the game going to be playable by mouse only?
  • edited February 2011
    dkehler wrote: »
    Is the game going to be playable by mouse only?

You must be kidding! Did you even read the FAQ's above?!

Just to verify what's already established, you will be able to plug an USB X-Box 360 pad into your PC and use that. It may be possible to use other game controllers too. Did anyone here try using a none 360 pad for BTTF?
  • edited February 2011
    Two Important questions:

1) Which languages the game will be?

2) System requirements.
  • edited February 2011
    Q: What are the System Requirements for Jurassic Park?

A:
  • edited February 2011
    :pWill it blend?
  • edited February 2011
    Davies wrote: »

Just to verify what's already established, you will be able to plug an USB X-Box 360 pad into your PC and use that. It may be possible to use other game controllers too. Did anyone here try using a none 360 pad for BTTF?

I guess he meant "Is the game going to be playable by mouse only? Or will you be able to move around with your keyboard also" l,
  • edited February 2011
    That's what I was thinking. In any case I don't think the QTE's will be mouse only. Probably use the arrow keys alot.
  • edited February 2011
    That's what I was thinking. In any case I don't think the QTE's will be mouse only. Probably use the arrow keys alot.

Pretty much guaranteed, the mouse would be far too imprecise for such a task.
  • edited March 2011
    Pretty much guaranteed, the mouse would be far too imprecise for such a task.

"Fahrenheit" gave you the option to use mouse movenment for the QTEs.
  • edited March 2011
    I finally made up my mind and preordered the game. But now is it time to play the waiting game? I love jurassic park. And BTTF. But i cant get both. So i chose this game. Can you give us any form of beta to this game? Or do i have to wait till april to get my hands on some JP action.
  • edited March 2011
    I finally made up my mind and preordered the game. But now is it time to play the waiting game? I love jurassic park. And BTTF. But i cant get both. So i chose this game. Can you give us any form of beta to this game? Or do i have to wait till april to get my hands on some JP action.

There will probably be no, Demo of the game until it's released...so looks like you'll have to play the waiting game.
  • edited March 2011
    Now you wait till it's released so you can play it.
  • edited March 2011
    Watch all three movies back to back repeatedly until the game is released.
  • edited March 2011
    chew some bubble gum.
  • edited March 2011
    Watch all three movies back to back repeatedly until the game is released.

Haha, yeah, thats what if been doing for the last coupla days and its still enjoyable, im just waiting to actually see a Triceratops standing up in the first movie for once, and I wanna see these new dinos!

I definetaly think that Telltale should release a demo this month of the game since they are trying so many new things with this game in particular. I played the game demo at GDC in SFO, and I wouldnt complain if they just released this section with a fixed Rex roar, I would just play it over and over. Please Telltale, give us a demo or something more very soon, the 3 question interviews are cool, how about more of those or some more screenshots for now? Thanks!
  • edited March 2011
    Has Telltale ever released demos of their games? (Serious question, not being sarcastic)
  • edited March 2011
    Has Telltale ever released demos of their games? (Serious question, not being sarcastic)

For 360, and their PS3 games, there are Demos...and I think tales had a demo.
  • edited March 2011
    Yes, but never before the actual game was released (IIRC).
  • edited March 2011
    The demo is usually the first act or two of the first episode - and yes, it's only released at the same time as the actual game. In fact, usually the files are the same, and you can unlock the demo to get the full episode without having to download another big file :)
  • edited March 2011

If its like that, then wouldn't it be easier to release the game for the 360?
  • edited March 2011
    Hey guys im kinda new to telltales approach on selling then game, Say i I preorder it at 29.99 is that going to be only for the 1st episode??? or is that for all of them??
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited March 2011
    nagasadow wrote: »
    Hey guys im kinda new to telltales approach on selling then game, Say i I preorder it at 29.99 is that going to be only for the 1st episode??? or is that for all of them??

That price is for ALL the episodes!
  • edited March 2011
    I'd like to know if the pre-order is mandatory to get the dvd at the end of the season.
  • edited March 2011
    This might be a stupid question but does anyone know an actual release date yet or is it still just April? Just wondering if I should be looking forward to the beginning or ending of that month lol
  • edited March 2011
    Diduz wrote: »
    I'd like to know if the pre-order is mandatory to get the dvd at the end of the season.

For all of Telltale's other games: No. If you buy the whole season, you are eligible for the free DVD. You don't have to buy it on pre-order, you can buy it any time. I assume JP will be the same.
  • edited March 2011
    This might be a stupid question but does anyone know an actual release date yet or is it still just April? Just wondering if I should be looking forward to the beginning or ending of that month lol

Telltale rarely announce the exact release date, except perhaps about a week before the game is released (and even then, not always: BTTF Episode 2 was released without any prior notice of the release date).

Just get used to only a month being supplied, and if the game arrives on or before April 30th, you should be satisfied :)

Please read the Telltale General FAQ as well as this thread to see if your questions are already answered...
  • edited March 2011
    Molokov wrote: »
    For all of Telltale's other games: No. If you buy the whole season, you are eligible for the free DVD. You don't have to buy it on pre-order, you can buy it any time. I assume JP will be the same.

Thanks, I know that, since I've bought all of Telltale games (with extra dvds), but things sound somehow different this time around.
    I also assume JP will be the same, but I'd like some official word on it. ;)
  • edited March 2011
    As long as you purchase the entire season of Jurassic Park, you'll be eligible for the free collector's DVD. It's not a pre-order only thing, but the Insider Forum is.
  • edited March 2011
    As long as you purchase the entire season of Jurassic Park, you'll be eligible for the free collector's DVD. It's not a pre-order only thing, but the Insider Forum is.

Thanks a lot, Alan! :)
  • edited March 2011
    How many episodes in total?
  • edited March 2011
    What is the collector's DVD?
  • edited March 2011

It contains all five episodes of the game and bonus features.
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    How many episodes in total?

5. This information is visible in the trailer on the official game site

At the end of the season (plus a few months), a DVD is made available that contains all 5 episodes of the game (for PC & Mac), plus bonus features (usually concept art, trailers, and other things). You can place an order to have it posted to you, and if you've already bought the season (pre-order or not) you only have to pay for postage - the DVD itself is free.

Have a look in the store at the DVDs available for all three Sam & Max seasons, SBCG4AP and Tales of Monkey Island for good examples of the Collector's DVDs.
  • edited March 2011
    I would like to clarify a bit further on the DVD issue.

First, the DVD does not ship automatically at the end of the season. When the DVD becomes available, you'll have to come back here, make sure you're logged into your Telltale account, then add the DVD to your cart in the store. The price of the DVD will come up as $0, and you'll only have to pay for shipping at checkout.

Second, the DVD usually becomes available for pre-order quite a while before it's actually ready to ship, in order to allow Telltale to gauge numbers for manufacturing purposes. So fair warning, if you order the DVD as soon as it's in the store, you'll still probably be waiting a while for it while Telltale finishes having the discs manufactured and processed for shipping and everything. Tales of Monkey Island took three months from the time I pre-ordered the disc on the first day of pre-orders to the time it left their warehouse. Sam & Max season 3 took two months. So I want to warn you guys about this up front to reduce the complaints later on, like we've seen in the past when people didn't understand the system.
  • edited March 2011
    Q: What are the System Requirements for Jurassic Park?
    A:

What are the System Requirements for the Mac Version?
  • edited March 2011
    Will there be the facilities from the first movie? Raptor Pen, Tour in the for explorers? Ability to walk around the base facility ect.?
  • edited March 2011
    Will this ever be available on say steam or that?
  • edited March 2011
    It already has its own page on steam. You just can't purchase it yet.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.