So, now that they fixed one...

edited March 2011 in Jurassic Park
...of the scream (T-Rex roar), will they get the original Dennis Nedry screams of pain in the final game??? XD hehehe

Comments

• edited March 2011
    maybe they will put a thumbtack on Wayne Knight's chair and record all new ones.
  • edited March 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    maybe they will put a thumbtack on Wayne Knight's chair and record all new ones.

That made me laugh. They may tell him they're rebooting Seinfeld without the original cast.
  • edited March 2011
    or just stalk him at a diner and not even tell him they are recording.
  • edited March 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    That made me laugh. They may tell him they're rebooting Seinfeld without the original cast.

Or we're finally getting the long-anticipated "Newman" spin-off! After all, he had mail not to deliver whether Jerry and the gang were in prison or not. Life finds a way. :p
  • edited March 2011
    Im pretty sure it should be called "hello Newman"
  • edited March 2011
    I'm not sure why they didn't use the original Dennis Nedry scream, don't they have rights for it? Can't they just reuse the same sounds?
  • edited March 2011
    well the T-rex roar is iconic... Nedry's is not.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm not sure why they didn't use the original Dennis Nedry scream, don't they have rights for it? Can't they just reuse the same sounds?

They would almost certainly have to get Wayne Knight's permission, likeness rights, etc.
  • edited March 2011
    They would almost certainly have to get Wayne Knight's permission, likeness rights, etc.

And in the end, who really cares. :p
  • edited March 2011

I dunno, do you really think they'd need likeness rights for "NNNGGGYAAAAAHHH-AAAAAHHH-NYYAAAAAAHHH!" Do we have any lawyers in here?
  • edited March 2011
    I dunno, do you really think they'd need likeness rights for "NNNGGGYAAAAAHHH-AAAAAHHH-NYYAAAAAAHHH!" Do we have any lawyers in here?

Yes, because it's his work. They're are more rules about likeness and stuff like that, and I care not to think about all of them.
  • edited March 2011
    LOL I want the dinosaur to show up and one of the characters to say, HELLLLOOOOOOO!
  • edited March 2011
    ^^ Well, they could do a flashback to before the first film...

As Nedry enters the Control Room --

Hammond:Hello, Nedry!

Nedry: Hello, Johnny.
  • edited March 2011

I dont know, I mean, he got PAID to do that for Universal, so its basically universals
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    I dont know, I mean, he got PAID to do that for Universal, so its basically universals

That doesn't matter. It's still Wayne Knight's work, so they'd still need his rights.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah there have been cases of actors successfully suing over this sort of thing.
  • edited March 2011
    If they wanted to do it, I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult. Wayne Knight has done some voice acting in the past (Xiaolin Showdown, anyone?). But if all they would need him for is a death scream, it's probably not worth either licensing his likeness to use the original or bringing him in to record it fresh.
  • edited March 2011
    No something so minor... would not make sense to have to pay the actor so much best to use that money on something more practical like the John Williams music or something else much more noticeable if it was missing.
  • edited March 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    ...They may tell him they're rebooting Seinfeld without the original cast.

But he wasn't the original Newman, Larry David was (as an off screen voice). Wayne Knight already is the rebooted Newman.

...yes, I'm pedantic.
  • edited March 2011
    They could do it a little more like nedrys original voice. This guy sounds like hes chocking on water, or he is trying to yodel :(
  • edited March 2011
    Watsamax wrote: »
    They could do it a little more like nedrys original voice. This guy sounds like hes chocking on water, or he is trying to yodel :(

maybe they've taken that audio (0:00-0:10):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfM68cGbDBw&feature=related
  • edited March 2011

I couldn't tell the difference and thought it actually was the actor as Nedry screaming from the original. And I just finished watching Jurassic Park last Thursday. I think it might be difficult to reuse the same sound byte unless Universal provides it separate from the music and other sound effects from the finished film version.
  • edited March 2011

Exactly.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.