possible locations of the movie(s) that we'll see ingame...

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
if harding doesn't manage to reach the boat at 7.00 pm at the harbour where would he go?
he obviously stumbles upon the triceratops paddock. a location we haven't seen in the movie.
maybe he passes the t-rex paddock too?
eventually he wont meet any of the persons we saw in the movie.
but he seems to return to the visitors center where the rex is still inside, so maybe he just missed the survivors and arrived a few seconds later after hammond, grant, sattler and malcolm left with the jeep?

I also thought that maybe after Lex rebooted the jurassic park OS in the control room the left tour explorer (05) would start and return to the visitor center.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I think we may see the boathouse and other rides. I know we'll see a billion maintenence sheds. We'll see other dinosaur paddocks I'm sure. And I think we'll possibly get to explore the visitor's center more thoroughly than in the movie and other games.
  • edited March 2011
    The t-rex paddock, and encounter with ford explorer 5 (which is undamaged) would be cool. Maybe the task would be to take something from explorer? Or even better, it would be cool if Harding would encounter EXP 5, following the return of power at some other location in the park.
  • edited March 2011
    veki wrote: »
    The t-rex paddock, and encounter with ford explorer 5 (which is undamaged) would be cool. Maybe the task would be to take something from explorer? Or even better, it would be cool if Harding would encounter EXP 5, following the return of power at some other location in the park.
    Maybe we can finally get the fate on EXP 5.
  • edited March 2011
    The Rex did damage EXP5 a little when he chased Malcolm. But I don't think it was that severe.
  • edited March 2011
    Maybe when Harding reaches the Visitors Center and meets the big Rex in the rotunda he takes refugee in the garage where he finds himself in front of dozens of explorers which are parked in 2 rows and were thought to carry one time all the visitors in an endless loop line through the park. Then suddenly the garage door opens and the explorer 05 returns, dashing with its opened front doors at the garage doorway and thus slam them shut. then the car follows the electric cable to it's own parking lot. Harding wonders.
  • edited March 2011
    Maybe that's part of a puzzle, getting the doors open to let the explorer in. And when the doors slam, a predator in the jungle is alerted!
  • edited March 2011
    It would be pretty cool and a crazy twist if they reach the docks where the Biosyn ship is harbored to pick up the embryos only to find that another ship is arriving with dinosaurs from Isla Sorna to place them in the park. That would blow my mind!
  • edited March 2011
    It would be pretty cool and a crazy twist if they reach the docks where the Biosyn ship is harbored to pick up the embryos only to find that another ship is arriving with dinosaurs from Isla Sorna to place them in the park. That would blow my mind!

That SCREAMS sequel.
  • edited March 2011

That would be so cool ^,^
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    Maybe when Harding reaches the Visitors Center and meets the big Rex in the rotunda he takes refugee in the garage where he finds himself in front of dozens of explorers which are parked in 2 rows and were thought to carry one time all the visitors in an endless loop line through the park. Then suddenly the garage door opens and the explorer 05 returns, dashing with its opened front doors at the garage doorway and thus slam them shut. then the car follows the electric cable to it's own parking lot. Harding wonders.

This, please. EXP 5 coming home, maybe playing a part in puzzle (not necessarily flight from T-rex) . Pure win.
  • edited March 2011
    At the lunch scene slides of the other [future]attractions can be seen in the background. I took the liberty in screenshot those as they might be useful for Telltale's team. Unless they already got that figured out. ;)

Here, here, here and a close-up.
  • edited March 2011
    veki wrote: »
    This, please. EXP 5 coming home, maybe playing a part in puzzle (not necessarily flight from T-rex) . Pure win.

OMG YES!!! I wanna see explorer 5 to the garage with harding watching as it enters tha garage with its doors open and the little flask that Grant and Malcolm were drinking from is on the seat. This would be amazing. For a little extra fun, it would be even greater if the Rex saw the car passing and followed it to the garage where Gerry was hiding. The rex attempts to enter the garage and Gerry sees the roof cracking as the Rex presses up and sticks his body deeper into teh garage towards the dino vet. He'd b like "OH F*CK!!!!" and he culd jump in one of the jeeps and for the puzzle you gotta escape the Tyrant Lizard in the Jeep!!

Although, I doubt this will happen, i highly doubt it! The reason is that I am sure Telltale is way beyond that section of the game since they are almost ready to ship out ep1!

This would be great!!!! I'm so glad Telltale takes suggestions, although idk if this is too much to ask. What would be cool is if they had a juvinile Spino in the shipment, it gets killed eventually, and it explains why Hammond didnt ever manage to hold them on Nublar. That would be an amazing way to add a sequel to the game and throw Telltale even higher in the foodchain of the gaming world!!! ;)
  • edited March 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    OMG YES!!! I wanna see explorer 5 to the garage with harding watching as it enters tha garage with its doors open and the little flask that Grant and Malcolm were drinking from is on the seat. This would be amazing. For a little extra fun, it would be even greater if the Rex saw the car passing and followed it to the garage where Gerry was hiding. The rex attempts to enter the garage and Gerry sees the roof cracking as the Rex presses up and sticks his body deeper into teh garage towards the dino vet. He'd b like "OH F*CK!!!!" and he culd jump in one of the jeeps and for the puzzle you gotta escape the Tyrant Lizard in the Jeep!!

Although, I doubt this will happen, i highly doubt it! The reason is that I am sure Telltale is way beyond that section of the game since they are almost ready to ship out ep1!

Yep, you're right, but if we had such idea, so probably they had. Episode 5 will come 5 months after ep1, so we can hope. But inclusion of EXP 5, in any way possible would be a gift to any fan. Besides dinosaurs, and awesome John Williams' music, those two electric ford explorers are the first thing that I remember when thinking about Jurassic park.

Actually, the part why I hate Operation Genesis (which is a great game, btw) is that they removed this automatic system, put a driver into a car (if you take control of the vehicle, and then leave, car is stuck into enclosure) and put a car into enclosure, and not, like in the movie, out of it. :( The magic is in those little details...always. ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Maybe Hammond's bungalow makes an appearance
  • edited March 2011
    What Telltale needs is a voicover from Attenborough! That is what Trespasser did and those memoirs are historic... and that is part of what made Trespasser be, in my opinion, the greatest game the world will (n)ever know! Those were great, the years they spent on collecting and placing the voicovers into the game is what heelped lead to its "failure" but even a few lines from Attenborough for the game would make it the greatest game ever, to me... possibly as good as Trespasser.
  • edited March 2011
    The trailer hints at being at the docks... I do not know if it will just be in cut scenes or what but I am looking forward to that area.
  • edited March 2011
    Dr.Dino wrote: »
    At the lunch scene slides of the other [future]attractions can be seen in the background. I took the liberty in screenshot those as they might be useful for Telltale's team. Unless they already got that figured out. ;)

Didn't realize the River Adventure Ride in Universal Studios was based on that concept from the movie.

But showing off unopened attractions would be a nice touch to "expand" on the island.

Especially if they are used in order to escape from dinosaurs! :)
  • edited March 2011
    :DI really wanna see the bathroom that the trex destroyed and have one of the characters make a smart ass comment:D
  • edited March 2011
    nagasadow wrote: »
    :DI really wanna see the bathroom that the trex destroyed and have one of the characters make a smart ass comment:D

"When you gotta go, you gotta go..."
  • edited March 2011
    Dr.Dino wrote: »

It would be great to see something of that. But don't forget Hammond said not all attractions are completed yet.
  • edited March 2011
    It's too bad they didn't plan an aquarium...

225_max.jpg

SOURCE: http://cghub.com/images/view/47685/
  • edited March 2011

Who knows!?:)

By the way: I hope we'll see some dinosaurs from the second movie as well, rather than bringing a lot of new species in. Or take a look at the novel, which has a lot of other dinosaurs we didn't see in the movies.
  • edited March 2011
    Who knows!?:)

By the way: I hope we'll see some dinosaurs from the second movie as well, rather than bringing a lot of new species in. Or take a look at the novel, which has a lot of other dinosaurs we didn't see in the movies.

For sure! I want to see them too, maybe some pachys or paras.

@Asian Inferno
    That pic is awesome :D
  • edited March 2011
    That pic IS awesome.
  • edited March 2011
    I love that aquarium picture. The Jurassic Park aquarium idea is an awesome concept. Here's another cool Jurassic Park aquarium picture.
    Jurassic_Park_4_concept_PIC_1_by_rick123.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    It's surprising those tanks aren't bigger, you'd think the dinosaurs could just bash on the glass and flood it. Chomping on the tasty human morsels!
  • edited March 2011
    I was able to dig up the close-up of the previous screenshots:

- The river adventure ride entrance;
    - The river adventure ride;
    - The Pteratops lodge.

Hope they might be useful for the team.
  • edited March 2011
    nice pix Dr.Dino.
    do you have the "Shay & Duncan Making of Jurassic Park"?

What I also wonder is if Nima finds the Dilophosaur inside the jeep. I always thought "poor dilophosaurus" because Nedry closed the door, so after eating Nedry (which would last for a looooooong time) the dinosaur would probably die inside the looked car.

....hum.. actually all dinosaurs would die after some time. there's the lysin plan in which the amino acid is mixed in the dinosaur's food automatically. after the reboot of jurassic park OS I guess it will work at least until the reservoirs are empty... yeah and after some time the power would go off again 'cause I think the main power generator runs with gas. I don't know how long.
    That brings up one idea to me:
    Would it be cool in the game to get into the control room and solve a puzzle concerning the Jurassic Park OS? Dealing with the 3D-file explorer?
  • edited March 2011
    nice pix Dr.Dino.
    do you have the "Shay & Duncan Making of Jurassic Park"?

What I also wonder is if Nima finds the Dilophosaur inside the jeep. I always thought "poor dilophosaurus" because Nedry closed the door, so after eating Nedry (which would last for a looooooong time) the dinosaur would probably die inside the looked car.

....hum.. actually all dinosaurs would die after some time. there's the lysin plan in which the amino acid is mixed in the dinosaur's food automatically. after the reboot of jurassic park OS I guess it will work at least until the reservoirs are empty... yeah and after some time the power would go off again 'cause I think the main power generator runs with gas. I don't know how long.
    That brings up one idea to me:
    Would it be cool in the game to get into the control room and solve a puzzle concerning the Jurassic Park OS? Dealing with the 3D-file explorer?

so there are 2 dilophosaurus?

Ive also wondered about their inevitable yet postponed re-exitinction, they need a continuous supply of lysine in their diet to be able to survive, I dont think eating soy beans all the time will hold them for that long.
  • edited March 2011
    And also, what kind of Lysine content does the human body have? I know we have Lysine but would it be enogh to keep one of JP's Dinos alive?
  • edited March 2011
    Will we have to spin the sign to find the boat?
  • edited March 2011
    Watsamax wrote: »
    Will we have to spin the sign to find the boat?

It would be cool to reach that sign during our adventure. Pointing in same direction, as Nedry made it.
  • edited March 2011
    I love that aquarium picture. The Jurassic Park aquarium idea is an awesome concept. Here's another cool Jurassic Park aquarium picture.
    i think aquatic dinosaurs in a lake or an enclosed gulf would have been much better than an aquarium....you would have to walk through glass tunnels on the bottom of the lake/gulf.
  • edited March 2011
    what could be a more or less possible explanation that the scientists got the DNA of animals which are living in the sea?
    it's hard to believe that the mosquito & amber-theory would work here....
  • edited March 2011
    TorQue wrote: »
    iyou would have to walk through glass tunnels.

Just imagine the electricity is out and you have to walk through that glass tunnel, and you see nearly nothing, cause the lights are out. What a creepy experience would that be! I would freak out completely.:eek:

And then a lightning appears and you see one of those terrible, giant creatures staring at you!:eek:
  • edited March 2011
    what could be a more or less possible explanation that the scientists got the DNA of animals which are living in the sea?
    it's hard to believe that the mosquito & amber-theory would work here....
    they could figure out something...like let's say they found well preserved fossils in glaciers or something...anyway they did recreate extinct plants but they don't explain how,probably the amber theory is still valid but without the mosquitoes.
  • edited March 2011
    Just imagine the electricity is out and you have to walk through that glass tunnel, and you see nearly nothing, cause the lights are out. What a creepy experience would that be! I would freak out completely.:eek:

And then a lightning appears and you see one of those terrible, giant creatures staring at you!:eek:

Why, they couldnt hurt you cause you are in a safe glass tube!
  • edited March 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Why, they couldnt hurt you cause you are in a safe glass tube!

What if they were being fed by an automatic feeding machine. The power goes out and it stops feeding the underwater animals. The start attacking each other for food and when they see you in that glass tube they go into a feeding frenzy and attack the glass untill it shatters!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Ever since I was a kid and the evolution of computers and the internet, i've always wanted to be able to see a 3-d version of the entire island in detail. We have the old geography maps from when the movies were released but they don't tell much. I want to actually be able to experience the island in detail as it would be seen had the tour not gone to hell.

I'm hopeful that with this game we can do this somewhat. To say the least, I'm VERY excited!'

And OMG! I thought I was the only was who is a fan of EXP 5! lolz
  • edited March 2011

225_max.jpg

SOURCE: http://cghub.com/images/view/47685/

Great idea!!! Oh wait... there are no mosquitos or treesap underwater! Duh... :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.