Muldoon lives?

edited March 2011 in Jurassic Park
Maybe they will bring him back like originally planned before Peck's death. They wanted him to return in the other films albeit incredibly scarred. Maybe they can retcon that one word in The Lost World and show how his death was "greatly exaggerated." I know TTG said no film characters, but maybe, maybe they have a surprise or store in two (even though there will be many many surprises anyway). What do you guys think? Should the hunter pick himself up (and maybe an rpg like in the book)?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Hmmm its highly unlikely, the most they could do is a cameo before he dies...
  • edited March 2011
    Maybe they will bring him back like originally planned before Peck's death. They wanted him to return in the other films albeit incredibly scarred.

I think that's some nice fan-fiction. TLW was scripted in 1995 and was filmed in 1996. Peck passed on in 1999.

On a side note, when we were seeing TLW on opening night, when Roland was first revealed my friend thought that it was a scarred Muldoon, but I soon convinced him it was a new character who looked like that as Pete Poslewaite was naturally smooshed. Good thing, as Roland was a much more interesting character anyway.
  • edited March 2011
    I am in a firm supporter that Muldoon got off the island right before De-construction...albeit badly injured...but I still think he lived.
  • edited March 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I am in a firm supporter that Muldoon got off the island right before De-construction...albeit badly injured...but I still think he lived.

I think in the 2nd movie they said Muldoon's family had a lawsuit of 12.6 million against them for his death. i personally loved that guy when i was a child.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IauEY2XoMR8
    Its at like 33 seconds on
  • edited March 2011
    Watsamax wrote: »
    i think in the 2nd movie they said muldoon's family had a lawsuit of 12.6 million against them for his death. I personally loved that guy when i was a child.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iauey2xomr8
    its at like 33 seconds on

His death was greatly exaggerated i tell you! He either beat that raptor off and ran or chuck norris came to save him! :D
  • edited March 2011
    In my mind he won. Or the raptor raped him :confused:.
  • edited March 2011
    He actually survived in the Topps Comics from the 90's, even though his death is much worse in the comic adaptation of the movie, with a cloud of blood erupting from this face as the Raptor claws him in the head!
  • edited March 2011
    he reminds me of roland tembo :)
  • edited March 2011
    wish bones wrote: »
    he reminds me of roland tembo :)

In my view Roland is TLW's Muldoon.

And you guys are seriously questioning Muldoon's death? XD I mean a freaking Raptor ate him!
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »

And you guys are seriously questioning Muldoon's death? XD I mean a freaking Raptor ate him!

Never question the almighty power of work arounds
  • edited March 2011

Or raped him, depending on whom you ask.

There was someone over at JPL a while back who though Muldoon was yelling, "YEAAAH! YEAAAAH" as the Raptor landed on top of him, so...:eek::eek:
  • edited March 2011
    Watsamax wrote: »
    I think in the 2nd movie they said Muldoon's family had a lawsuit of 12.6 million against them for his death. i personally loved that guy when i was a child.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IauEY2XoMR8
    Its at like 33 seconds on

They didn't mention he was dead, and the law suit was smaller than some of the others, so maybe he did live.
  • edited March 2011
    in the comics of the first film he survived and got of the island but they dont count do they
  • edited March 2011
    leon101 wrote: »
    They didn't mention he was dead, and the law suit was smaller than some of the others, so maybe he did live.

It was a "wrongful death settlement". I assume it was smaller simply because Muldoon's family was Kenyan, and not American, and therefore were satisfied with a smaller amount.
  • edited March 2011
    robotpo wrote: »
    It was a "wrongful death settlement". I assume it was smaller simply because Muldoon's family was Kenyan, and not American, and therefore were satisfied with a smaller amount.

Or it could have been they thought he was dead, and he wanted to keep it that way so he asked his family to ask for the money...also I know it was cut due to run time..I still don't count that scene as Canon.
  • edited March 2011
    ^^ BTW, I should mention that that was a dig at Americans love of litigation and blinking huge amounts of money out of endless court cases, not a dig at Kenyans in any way, shape, or form. And I'm American, so don't start accusing me of being a Taliban! :D:p

BTW, why would Muldoon want to fool InGen into thinking he was dead? Unless he's planning to exact his revenge!
  • edited March 2011
    ^^ BTW, I should mention that that was a dig at Americans love of litigation and blinking huge amounts of money out of endless court cases, not a dig at Kenyans in any way, shape, or form. And I'm American, so don't start accusing me of being a Taliban! :D:p

BTW, why would Muldoon want to fool InGen into thinking he was dead? Unless he's planning to exact his revenge!

Probably because he wanted to forget about the Incident, and didn't want to get involved with Lawyers, or any silly court cases.
  • edited March 2011
    Icedhope, WHY are thinking so confirmed that Muldoon survived?
    DO you know sth. from TelltaleGames?
    Should that be a hint that we have the park warden back alive in the game?

Personally I think Jurassic Park showed very clearly that Muldoon died. There wasn't a detail that indicated he did survive. Not at all.
    (I have to add that whenever I watched the movie I thought, why the heck couldn't he "open" the SPAS a LOT faster and kill the raptor. or instead of saying "clever girl" just immediately shoot. Muldoon was a likeable character in the movie.)
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »

Personally I think Jurassic Park showed very clearly that Muldoon died. There wasn't a detail that indicated he did survive. Not at all.
    (I have to add that whenever I watched the movie I thought, why the heck couldn't he "open" the SPAS a LOT faster and kill the raptor. or instead of saying "clever girl" just immediately shoot. Muldoon was a likeable character in the movie.)

I know next to nothing about the game, just because i'm a moderator, doesn't mean I know inside stuff.

It's been my theory for years, since well...he just kind of gave up and in the novel, well Gennaro pushed the raptor off of him...I have a whole conspiracy theory about about muldoon's death.
  • edited March 2011
    I know next to nothing about the game, just because i'm a moderator, doesn't mean I know inside stuff.

I'll have the proof tomorrow when I am able to enter the insider forum too ;).
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah mods know just as much about TTG stuff as the rest of the fans... I WISH we knew more... That would be cool.

Also the insider forums do not have all the secrets revealed... Actually its pretty spoiler free... It just has some fun behind the scenes info unavailable in the regular boards.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, they should bring him back.
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »

Yeah, I agree. I think its possible he could appear on the game before his death though.

Had the first raptor not killed him after that vicious mauling (im positive that it didnt take more than that), another loose dinosaur would surely finish him off. And then there's the lawsuit from TLW, which I do consider canon even if they didnt appear on the feature movie, more canon than any reference the novels make, no matter how superior the novels are...
  • edited March 2011
    Personally, I think it's pretty clear that he died in the first film, as much as I like the idea of scarred bad-@ss Muldoon fighting his way off the island.

That said, since the game takes place DURING the first film, there's no reason his character couldn't appear. From the video and screenshots we've seen so far, it seems likely that the game (or much of it at least) happens during the first night. Muldoon died the next day.
  • edited March 2011
    That said, since the game takes place DURING the first film, there's no reason his character couldn't appear. From the video and screenshots we've seen so far, it seems likely that the game (or much of it at least) happens during the first night. Muldoon died the next day.

Oh my god! We may be able to stop it!

MULDOON! STAY IN THE EMERGENCY BUNKER! FORGET DR. SATTLER!
  • edited March 2011
    If there was one thing I didn't agree with when the movie was made it was Muldoon dying. In the book he was like a drunk Rambo and survives. I really wish he had survived in the movie too :[
  • edited March 2011
    It's been my theory for years, since well...he just kind of gave up and in the novel, well Gennaro pushed the raptor off of him...I have a whole conspiracy theory about about muldoon's death.

Now you have piqued my interest. What is this conspiracy theory of yours?

On another note to whoever thinks the raptor defiled Muldoon, I'm not sure it would be called "rape" if Muldoon was screaming "yeah". Sounds kind of consensual. Just something to think about.
  • edited March 2011
    South-East wrote: »
    Now you have piqued my interest. What is this conspiracy theory of yours?

On another note to whoever thinks the raptor defiled Muldoon, I'm not sure it would be called "rape" if Muldoon was screaming "yeah". Sounds kind of consensual. Just something to think about.

No wonder he called "Her" the Big One...
  • edited March 2011
    Gennaro pushed the raptor off him? Wha'?
  • edited March 2011
    DustyBoy87 wrote: »
    Gennaro pushed the raptor off him? Wha'?

In the novel, Gennaro isn't a shriveled old lawyer, hes actually young and muscular if I remember correctly, pretty fit and athletic... XD BIG contrast!
  • edited March 2011
    Lmfao! Not a balding, scrawny litte biotch? Haha. I learned something today.. haha.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah Gennaro and and Muldoon were both much cooler in the books and both survived the books. Although at the beginning of Lost World somebody mentions that Gennaro dies of dysentery. But, then, at the end of Jurassic Park Malcolm is mentioned as not making it out of the island alive (we never see his death, but he was injured as he was in the movie and they just say that he didn't make it). So maybe even Gennaro secretly lives. And Muldoon? Goodness, he was awesome in the book.
  • edited March 2011
    Give it up already, Muldoon's dead. Simple as that. Get over it.
  • edited March 2011
    Give it up already, Muldoon's dead. Simple as that. Get over it.

:D simple and to the point

Now IMHO, I do thin Ray Arnold survived.
  • edited March 2011

Now IMHO, I do thin Ray Arnold survived.

trololol
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah I think that was just his fake gore prop arm that Ellie finds. He's probably actually run away and become secret evil overlord of the united dinosaurs of jurassic park.
  • edited March 2011
    It was actually Mace Windu's arm.
  • edited March 2011
    It was actually Mace Windu's arm.

lol'd
  • edited March 2011
    I think Ray was working for Biosyn, and staged his death. He played it innocent when he Shut Down the entire JP System. He was just clearing the evidence Nedry left behind. Then he took another batch of embryos, and escaped in a small boat. Ray and Nedry were the perfect partners...
  • edited March 2011
    dumb...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.