Biosyn...?

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
Now that the trailer goes a bit deeper into the fate of the stolen dino embryos, having connections to people working for Dodgson. Who else wants and/or thinks Biosyn may play a bigger role than it ever did in any of the movie (they played a pretty big role on the novels).

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I think it would be interesting to find out a little more about Biosyn. Nima is a new character in the game that is Dodgson's "backup plan." As of now Nedry and Nima are the only two I know of that are associated with Dodgson and Biosyn in the game and first movie. I'm sure there will be some new twists and maybe we'll discover more people from Biosyn who have infiltrated Jurassic Park.
  • edited March 2011
    BioSyn is in fact never mentioned in the films, it never says who Dodgson is working for. I think that they should incorporate BioSyn into it.
  • edited March 2011
    BioSyn is in fact never mentioned in the films, it never says who Dodgson is working for. I think that they should incorporate BioSyn into it.

Yea, They barely mention Ingen in the first one too. They should incorporate it on the game, and canon more, they've cause tons of havoc for Ingen and Jurassic Park
  • edited March 2011
    interestingly BioSyn was introduced in Trespasser: Jurassic Park.
    In the "industrial jungle" level when you reach a deep valley with a lot of skelettons and raptors (which always remembered me to the raptor's nest in the novel The Lost World) you actually come upon a crashed helicopter which labels BioSyn at the side!
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    In the "industrial jungle" level when you reach a deep valley with a lot of skelettons and raptors (which always remembered me to the raptor's nest in the novel The Lost World) you actually come upon a crashed helicopter which labels BioSyn at the side!

do you have a pic!? Ive never played Trespasser
  • edited March 2011

Actually, it was introduced in Jurassic Park for the Sega CD, and then introduced in The Chaos Continues.
  • edited March 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Actually, it was introduced in Jurassic Park for the Sega CD, and then introduced in The Chaos Continues.

Really? In what kind of way did it play a role in the Sega CD? This game was set during the first film wasn't it?
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, Biosyn played a heavy role on JP2 The Chaos Continues, Its one of my favorite games ever too!
  • edited March 2011
    Really? In what kind of way did it play a role in the Sega CD? This game was set during the first film wasn't it?

It took place hours after the first film had ended, and they failed to get the Barbasol can.

So they sent in some mercenaries to retreive the eggs from the Island, and you use their helicopter to escape.
  • TB3TB3
    edited March 2011
    If Biosyn is mentioned, I'd love it to be in an offhand way - just a logo appearing here or there or mentioning Dodgson, but not heavy-handed name-dropping.
  • edited March 2011
    TB3 wrote: »
    If Biosyn is mentioned, I'd love it to be in an offhand way - just a logo appearing here or there or mentioning Dodgson, but not heavy-handed name-dropping.

Does Biosyn even have an official logo??
  • edited March 2011
    do you have a pic!? Ive never played Trespasser

Here...

tpass002.png
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    Does Biosyn even have an official logo??

In a manner of speaking, yes. I have enclosed a small graphic sample. The original is a vector-based graphic I made myself.

This logo was not an easy one to find and is the closest you'll find to an official Biosyn logo. Only those who are intimately familiar with the original JP comic books would know about this logo. I scanned the logo out of the comic book and then traced it in Adobe Illustrator as a vector graphic several years ago. Without the JP comic books, I am 99.9% certain that otherwise there is no Biosyn logo. And I've collected A LOT of JP merchandise and hard to find media. As I said before in one of my other threads, this graphic is just one of the many exclusive bits of graphics and info I have in my mass JP database that TT has expressed serious interest in acquiring.
  • edited March 2011
    I do not know any logo of BioSyn. It is also never described in the books too.
    But in real life there are several BioSyn logos as there exist several companies:
    bc_logo.jpg
    logo.gif
    biosyn_sm_logo.jpg
    biosyn%20logo.gif
  • TB3TB3
    edited March 2011
    jmine83 wrote: »
    In a manner of speaking, yes. I have enclosed a small graphic sample. The original is a vector-based graphic I made myself.

This logo was not an easy one to find and is the closest you'll find to an official Biosyn logo. Only those who are intimately familiar with the original JP comic books would know about this logo. I scanned the logo out of the comic book and then traced it in Adobe Illustrator as a vector graphic several years ago. Without the JP comic books, I am 99.9% certain that otherwise there is no Biosyn logo. And I've collected A LOT of JP merchandise and hard to find media. As I said before in one of my other threads, this graphic is just one of the many exclusive bits of graphics and info I have in my mass JP database that TT has expressed serious interest in acquiring.

Good to see you again Joel :)

(checks logo)

Wow, what a load of BS ;)

Though for some reason, that is making me think of the Dharma Initiative - mysterious happenings, island location, shared JP/LOST shooting locations...nah!
  • edited March 2011

are the comics canon, though? Cause Im also a huge JP fan and I once tried to make a fake JP4 trailer, but I had no idea where to find a canon Biosyn logo for it, and dropped it for the moment. I was pretty sure it didn't even exist! But IMO I dont like it that much, but dont know if its canon or not, might be a pretty good idea for TT to step in and fill in the gaps here.
  • edited March 2011

You.. are amazing. Seriously message these guys, and give them some help!! Not that they need it, but you're friggin' good!!! :D
  • edited March 2011
    Well, its been confirmed, Biosyn will not be mentioned by name in the games
  • edited March 2011
    is this because they haven't got the rights of the books and BioSyn as being never mentioned in the movies is protected under the rights of novel-canon?
  • edited March 2011
    is this because they haven't got the rights of the books and BioSyn as being never mentioned in the movies is protected under the rights of novel-canon?

Probably a reasonable assumption.
  • edited March 2011
    Even in a real-life perspective it makes more sense Dodgson leaving his company unknown than reveal to Nedry the company's name before or during the process of negotiation.

"Hey, I'm an employ from Biosyn and we want your help to steal InGen's mighty creations" sounds really awkward for anyone trying to make a secret, clean job of operation.
  • edited March 2011
    I don't think so, many Licensed Jurassic Park games, have had Biosyn mentioned..so there is no reason not to have it mentioned here.
  • edited March 2011
    ^^ Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6OcxYgZdoQ

They were also heavily used in the 90's Topps comics...although I assume back when JP was a "big A-list" franchise, when you licensed the films, you got the rights to the novels as well...?
  • edited March 2011
    Well, in this situation, I dont think the identity of the company is important...

But I wouldc've loved them to mention them, hopefully in future JP media, Biosyn will have a greater role. They basically destroyed JP and Ingen
  • edited April 2011
    actually universal purchased the books rights and movie rights, (the book purchases were done in 91 or 92 before the movie in 93 so i think they would be allowed to use BioSyn but they dont want to for some reason... or perhaps they were instructed not to do so because of a future peice of media....New movie mabey?
  • edited April 2011
    Unless Telltale purchases Universal (that is silly) they have to purchase either the rights to the movies, novels or both. One doesn't make the other and since this is a video-game based on the movies purchasing the novels' rights is meaningless.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.