Demo?

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
Hey Telltale! I didn't know where to ask this but, will we be getting a demo sometime like in March because I know most games that hit Steam get an early demo. It will really help with sales and I definetaly cannot wait until April for the game so PLEAAASSEEE release a demo! I am dying to play it, I even went to Best Buy today and picked up an xBox 360 receiver for my PC... Anyway, someone from Telltale like Alan please respond because I admit that I am desperate to play it!

Comments

• edited February 2011
    We haven't announced any plans for a demo at this time. We'll let you know if that changes though.

Really glad you're excited to play though! :D
  • edited February 2011
    We haven't announced any plans for a demo at this time. We'll let you know if that changes though.

Lol, get a demo together and if you really wanted I'd pay to play it! I got my brand new 360 controller and receiver ready on my pc just for this game so now im just waiting for the news of a demo! Keep up the good work, and PLEASE make it as good as the trailer was throughout the whole game though! :)
    Really glad you're excited to play though! :D
    It's Jurassic Park, I'd get it either way, its just a bonus that its turning out so great! :D
  • edited February 2011
    I'd want a demo just to see if it would work on this computer. My gaming PC is down so I'm just using my laptop, can't afford to get a new HD for the PC. My Laptop can play Doom 3 just fine, Halo PC it has troubles with, and Modern Warfare 2 the FPS is so bad that it's not worth trying.

Here's my laptop's specs:
    Intel Celeron Processor 585 (2.16 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache)
    Up to 732 MB Mobil Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M
    2 GB DDR2

I'm not familiar with mobile tech and I admit I just bought this laptop originally for school work. The graphics level in the demo videos and trailer seem to be on par with Doom 3 at least so I'm hopeful that it will work, but I'd rather know for sure.
  • edited February 2011
    We'll likely have a demo after the game launches but right now there are no plans to offer a pre-release demo.
  • edited February 2011
    Good to hear. :)
  • edited February 2011
    We'll likely have a demo after the game launches but right now there are no plans to offer a pre-release demo.

NO, like seriously it would add so many purchases for the game if you did though! Im dreaming of the day that next month I go onto Steam and play BTTF a little and when I exit out, a window pops up with the featured game demos and Jurassic Park is on the top. It would be so cool if you had the part that the people got to play at the thing in SFO because it ended and made me want to see what happened next and buy it right then! Just a lil' advice though, you should deff work on getting a pre-release advert demo out next month! :)
  • edited February 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Just a lil' advice though

Haha thanks for the advice.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for the advice

No prolem, although it seems you guys dont need it, but I mean, i would totally understand if you wanted to give just me a copy of the demo and call it our little secret, that would be totally cool... :cool:
  • edited March 2011
    I too wouldn't mind if you guys released a demo. I mean, the biggest reason why I haven't tried the Back to the Future games is that I'm not sure how well they'd run on my computer & there's no way for me to tell without paying for the whole season first.

I mean, the demo for The Devil's Playhouse worked like a dream on my computer, but the one for Wallace & Grommit lagged so much I couldn't even play it. I don't know which one of those this new game is more likely to play like.
  • edited March 2011
    Ishtarru wrote: »
    I too wouldn't mind if you guys released a demo. I mean, the biggest reason why I haven't tried the Back to the Future games is that I'm not sure how well they'd run on my computer & there's no way for me to tell without paying for the whole season first.

I mean, the demo for The Devil's Playhouse worked like a dream on my computer, but the one for Wallace & Grommit lagged so much I couldn't even play it. I don't know which one of those this new game is more likely to play like.

The first episode of BttF is free. That's a pretty good demo right there.
  • edited March 2011
    Cool beans, can't wait!
  • edited April 2011
    What about a beta?
  • edited April 2011
    I preordered the game way back. But like everyone else. A demo would tell people if their PC can run it. Thats what demo's are made for.
  • edited April 2011
    I preordered the game way back. But like everyone else. A demo would tell people if their PC can run it. Thats what demo's are made for.
    Demos (Demostrations) are actually made for potential customers to test a company's product to see if it interests them, it usually consists of a free sample or segment of the full product in some limited form.

A Beta is generally used for testing purposes while under development for a selected or open group of participants.
  • edited April 2011
    Episode 1 will probably go free in 2-3 months time.
  • edited April 2011
    Rong wrote: »
    Episode 1 will probably go free in 2-3 months time.

I doubt it will, though I can't say for sure...but free episodes usually have to deal with a special event usually.
  • edited April 2011
    no demo
  • edited April 2011
    Telltale Games have said they will more than likely release a Demo after the game is released, and i strongly doubt they will be releasing a Beta as the game is due soon meaning it will be either finished or undergoing its final stages of production (removing bugs, optimizing code, compiling/packaging the release) so they would be no real need for one.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    To my knowledge, Telltale has never released a public beta for any of their games.
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    To my knowledge, Telltale has never released a public beta for any of their games.

you have a very good point, games generally dont get released in beta with the exception of MMORPG's, its mainly software that is released in beta, im a software developer myself afterall...
  • edited April 2011
    So, is the demo going to come out with the first episode, or later?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.