Jurassic Park Unofficial FAQ (Please Read Before Creating Threads)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    So if I purchase the game I got the DvD when all 5 episodes are released? Does that mean it will be like september? i believe it said 5 episodes monthly.
  • edited March 2011
    Watsamax wrote: »
    So if I purchase the game I got the DvD when all 5 episodes are released? Does that mean it will be like september? i believe it said 5 episodes monthly.

It will probably be a few months before the DVD ships.
  • edited March 2011
    Will the DvD be in stores?

How much of the said games is QTE? will there see some exploration action aswell?
  • edited March 2011
    Telltale occasionally does retail versions of their games, but not often. I wouldn't count on it. And as we've said, the DVD won't arrive from Telltale's store until a few months after the last episode comes out. Here's a timeline of my experiences so you have some idea of what you can expect (with some variation depending on demand).

December 8th, 2009 - Tales of Monkey Island chapter 5 releases
    March 11th, 2010 - Tales DVD goes up for pre-order, I purchase a Deluxe Edition
    June 28, 2010 - Tales Deluxe Edition ships

I should mention that this is an unusual case, as the Deluxe Edition included extra merch in a fashion Telltale has never done before or since, and the standard DVD shipped a bit sooner than the deluxe.

August 30, 2010 - Sam & Max season 3 chapter 5 releases
    October 6, 2010 - I pre-order season 3 DVD a while after preorders open
    December 15, 2010 - My season 3 DVD ships

So yeah, just to let you guys know in advance, there will be a decent waiting period, first while the DVD content is prepared, then while the DVD is being manufactured following pre-orders. This will be normal and you will get your DVD. And who knows, maybe as Telltale grows as a company, the wait might get shorter.
  • edited March 2011
    I've never tried an episodic game before. Is this like You play a game but its not done the next episode continues the story? Really though can I at least have a gun ingame? There were guns in the movie I dont expect to run and gun dinosaurs down but id like somewhere to unload on them :rolleyes:.
  • edited March 2011
    Fighting enemies with guns isn't really Telltale's style, but as this game is a new style for them and I've never played Heavy Rain, I can't exactly completely rule it out. I would call it unlikely, though.

And yes, that's generally how episodic games work. Episodic games are basically shorter games that you get cheaper and more often, though Telltale is the only company that seems to be doing episodic correctly (see: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 and Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2).

Telltale's earlier seasons were structured so that each episode could stand on its own, but there was an overall plot thread continuing through the whole season. Beginning with Tales of Monkey Island (though some of this can be seen earlier in Sam & Max season two and Strong Bad), they shifted to a more ongoing storyline, with each episode ending on some sort of cliffhanger.
  • edited March 2011
    So it will be one payment of $30 then shipping? with all 5 episodes? I wikied it and did hear you often pay for ea episode.
  • edited March 2011
    Telltale doesn't often sell their episodes individually anymore. For Jurassic Park, the only payment option currently is $30 (until release, when it jumps to $35) for all five episodes, then if you want the DVD, you can order it for the cost of shipping at any point after it becomes available.
  • edited March 2011
    I just pre-ordered 3 hours ago by paying with paypal.
    How long does it last until Jurassic Park The Game is listed in my purchases?
    How long does it take to gain access to the insider-forum?
  • edited March 2011
    Hi tope!

It shouldn't take more than 24 hours. If it does, you can ask for assistance here:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7
  • edited March 2011
    If you're around, head over to the Jurassic Park pre-order forums in about 15 minutes where JP lead designers Mark Darin and Joe Pinney will be taking questions for a bit. :)
  • edited March 2011
    The system requirements for "BttF" say we need 3 GB RAM, but there is no info about the requirements for "Jurassic Park" in the official Telltale store. Could you add that? Steam says 2 GB RAM. Is that correct? So we need less than for "Back to the Future"?

I'm asking because I have to upgrade my RAM.
  • edited March 2011
    I feel special.. but where are the pre-order forums!? Lol. I can't find them. :X

And I believe JP will require 2 GB of Ram, 256 MB of dedicated graphics memory.
  • edited March 2011
    DustyBoy87 wrote: »
    I feel special.. but where are the pre-order forums!? Lol. I can't find them. :X

And I believe JP will require 2 GB of Ram, 256 MB of dedicated graphics memory.

You go to games, select the game you're interested in and view its page .You should Pre-order it there .;)
  • edited March 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    You must be kidding! Did you even read the FAQ's above?!

Just to verify what's already established, you will be able to plug an USB X-Box 360 pad into your PC and use that. It may be possible to use other game controllers too. Did anyone here try using a none 360 pad for BTTF?

Where can I purchase the USB Xbox controller?
  • edited April 2011
    So I am considering buying a new laptop and need some help making sure it's powerful enough to run this game. I don't want to preorder the game and buy the laptop if their not compatible.

Here are the specs...

Windows 7- Intel Core i3 380M
    Processor Speed- 2.53 GHz
    Hard Drive Capacity- 640 GB
    RAM Size- 4 GB
    Graphics Chipset- Mobile Intel HD
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/EN-CA/product/id/10161731.aspx

I am not tech savy at all, and am concerned the graphics card might not be powerful enough to run the game smoothly. Can anyone with insight help a fellow JP fan out?
  • edited April 2011
    You should at least get a dedicated graphics card.
  • edited April 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    So I am considering buying a new laptop and need some help making sure it's powerful enough to run this game. I don't want to preorder the game and buy the laptop if their not compatible.

Here are the specs...

Windows 7- Intel Core i3 380M
    Processor Speed- 2.53 GHz
    Hard Drive Capacity- 640 GB
    RAM Size- 4 GB
    Graphics Chipset- Mobile Intel HD
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/EN-CA/product/id/10161731.aspx

I am not tech savy at all, and am concerned the graphics card might not be powerful enough to run the game smoothly. Can anyone with insight help a fellow JP fan out?

Not bad but this acer is a better laptop

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/acer-acer-aspire-15-6-laptop-featuring-amd-phenom-ii-processor-n930-as5552g-5828-brown-as5552g-5828/10161877.aspx?path=aa24c53a2e86d4b43e3144c6d23be125en02

Quad core processor which competes performance wise with a core i5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 which is a lot better than any integrated shit. 6 GB DDR3 SDRAM 500gb hard drive

All for 629.99

Anyways my question is when the hell is there going to be some insider content released. Ive only seen 2 screen shots and yeah. Kind of disapointing when you are promised exclusive content and done get any of it
  • edited April 2011
    Will the game use the official soundtrack of the film?
  • edited April 2011
    I just purchased a logitech gamepad that has the layout of an XBOX 360 controller. Does this work?
  • edited April 2011
    I'm also curious as to which controller to use. I have a PS3 controller, but, because of this thread, I am considering purchasing this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Controller-Windows/dp/B000BT4CF4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1302882343&sr=8-3
  • edited April 2011
    If I preorder the game from this site, do I get a Steam code to activate it on Steam? I like to have all of my games in one place.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Stalkers wrote: »
    If I preorder the game from this site, do I get a Steam code to activate it on Steam? I like to have all of my games in one place.

Nope, just the download on this site. But ordering via Telltale means you get a DVD at the end of the season (for the cost of shipping), which you won't get through Steam.
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Nope, just the download on this site. But ordering via Telltale means you get a DVD at the end of the season (for the cost of shipping), which you won't get through Steam.

After so many changes since the game was announced to be released in April is the above still true? Thanks!
  • edited August 2011
    As far as I know it is, and I was talking with some telltale employees over the weekend and they didn't mention anything different from what's in the FAQ.
  • edited August 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    As far as I know it is, and I was talking with some telltale employees over the weekend and they didn't mention anything different from what's in the FAQ.

Do you know anything about if it will be coming to the UK or not???
  • edited August 2011
    sooty wrote: »
    Do you know anything about if it will be coming to the UK or not???

It's a digital downloadable game. i.e. it's available worldwide!

For the PC/Mac versions at the TTG website (and probably Steam), it's the same release date world wide. Presumably for PS3 there'll be regional staggered release dates, as there has been with S&M Season 3/BTTF.
  • edited August 2011
    Molokov wrote: »
    It's a digital downloadable game. i.e. it's available worldwide!

For the PC/Mac versions at the TTG website (and probably Steam), it's the same release date world wide. Presumably for PS3 there'll be regional staggered release dates, as there has been with S&M Season 3/BTTF.

sorry forgot to mention that i have an xbox 360, and i know thats coming out as a retail disc only, so i'm just hoping that comes to the UK!!
  • edited October 2011
    Was the Wii version dropped down? :confused::(
    Or is it coming at a later date? :rolleyes::p
  • edited October 2011
    thank you for all provided information
    these must make me player not taht good player
  • edited October 2011
    XICO2KX wrote: »
    Was the Wii version dropped down? :confused::(
    Or is it coming at a later date? :rolleyes::p

There has never been an announcement for the Wii version of the game.
  • edited October 2011
    Good to see you over here, Iced! I'm Trenchfoot over there

online girly games
  • edited October 2011
    Will it work with a nvidia geforce 8600m gs on a notebook?
  • edited October 2011
    sbstn wrote: »
    Will it work with a nvidia geforce 8600m gs on a notebook?
    I'd wait for system requirements to be posted (Probably closer to Release), and then recommend CanYouRunIt.com.
  • edited October 2011
    I am so very excited for this. Will preorder as soon as I figure out how to get the price displayed in pounds.
  • edited October 2011
    I am so very excited for this. Will preorder as soon as I figure out how to get the price displayed in pounds.

I'm not sure if you can convert the price display on the site to pounds - I've been registered with Telltale for a while, and I've never found a way to do that. I used a currency converter on my mobile phone instead to work out (roughly) how much my orders were going to cost. To preorder Jurassic Park, I paid $22.04 (around £11.50 including shipping) using the gift code voucher I received after the game was delayed in April. Without the voucher, the price comes up to $39.99/£20.94, and with $17.04 for shipping to the UK, that's $57.03/£29.87 altogether. This should be taken as more of a guide than a concrete indication on how much it's going to cost, but I hope I've been of some help to you :)
  • edited November 2011
    I just updated IcedHope's FAQ in the first post. Please have a look at it if you have any questions about the game.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • edited November 2011
    The mac version isn't appearing in my games!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    The mac version isn't appearing in my games!!!!

Yep, WTF dudes? iPad 2 is more important than Mac? I call that system racism ;)

I WANNA PLAY NOW, I WAS ALMOST ABOUT TO GO TO BED !!!!!

[/SPAM]
  • edited November 2011
    The Mac client will be available later today.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.