Dino Crisis reboot

edited June 2012 in Jurassic Park
Capcom is asking people what they want more, a new Dino Crisis game or some other random game franchise I've never heard of. Dino Crisis is currently dominating the poll by about 400 votes, please show your support and vote in the poll, it's on the main page: http://www.capcom-europe.com/

Comments

• edited March 2011
    THEY BETTER MAKE ANOTHER DINOCRISIS!!!!!!!!!! I love the first two and if they reboot it with the gameplay of Resident Evil 4 then it will be EPIC!
  • edited March 2011
    I love Dino Crisis! A new game is waayy over due!
  • edited March 2011
    i registered just to vote. Dino crisis is raping the other games...dinosaurs and jurassic park are making a HUGE comeback! :P
  • edited March 2011
    But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Is this just a community vote for the website? Or is this an official "if it wins it gets made" deal?
  • edited March 2011
    Also, this poll is only on the Europe site, so something tells me I won't get this Dino Crisis reboot, any time soon.
  • edited March 2011
    Honestly though, I'd prefer to see a good new game in the Breath of Fire series first, then a new Dino Crisis, but that's just me.
  • edited March 2011
    Too bad you can't vote without an account.
    But it's great that Dino Crisis is on the top spot.
  • edited March 2011
    Dinosaurs aside, what exactly does this have to do with Telltale's Jurassic Park game? :confused:
  • edited March 2011
    Hmmm... I guess this would be better in the general fourms.

Although, the creator of Dino Crisis did openly admit that it was strongly inspired by the Jurassic Park film. Even in the game one of the characters says, "This is just like that movie!"
  • edited March 2011
    THEY HAVE TO MAKE ANOTHER DINO CRISIS! Ahhhh!
  • edited March 2011
    The first Dino Crisis was indeed a classic and yes, it reminded me very much of Jurassic Park. The second was nice but too much action as always with sequels, the third one... well, forget about that!

A new Dino Crisis going back to the roots would be awesome!
  • edited March 2011
    I actually thought the action of the second one was a step forward. We did lose the survival part of it but the larger amout of dinosaurs and the set pieces were really cool.
  • edited March 2011
    Anyone played Dino Crisis 3?
    They better stop screwing up the franchises they created.
  • edited March 2011
    I've seen videos of Dino Crisis 3 but I never played it. However, I could tell that it was going to be a flop for several reasons.

1.) It was an Xbox exclusive. Now, I'm not sure the reason behind this. Dino Crisis and Dino Crisis 2 were both for the PS1 and the spin off line shooter game (I forget the name) was for the PS2. So clearly, the fan base would be PS2 owners. Why they chose for it to be exclusive to Xbox is beyond me.

2.) It had no releation, that I know of, to the first two games. Regina was gone, it took place in Space? What the hell were they thinking?

3.) Those weren't dinosaurs. I don't know about yall, but I don't want mutant creatures that look like dinosaurs. I want dinosaurs!

Also, I heard the controls were not that great.
  • edited March 2011
    I actually thought the action of the second one was a step forward. We did lose the survival part of it but the larger amout of dinosaurs and the set pieces were really cool.

And it was just plain fun! :D
  • edited March 2011
    Speaking of non-Jurassic Park dinosaur themed games Dino D-Day is coming out on Steam in a little over a week. Though personally I think that price is a bit too high for a HL2 mod.

Edit: Dino D-Day is now out.
  • edited March 2011
    Dino Crisis 1 & 2 were just like the classic resident evil style games, awesome.
    I got Dino Crisis 3 but played it for 5 mins because it was horrible.
    If the way they reboot games these days they will turn it into what resident evil 4 & 5 became , pure suck.

Ive seen some TT jurrasic park gameplay on IGN it looks a bit QTE button bashing, but if they did it like the classic Dino Crisis they would have a Gold Winner! I liked resident evil because really it wasnt that far removed from a point and click game.

ReBoots are a mark of the evil one.
    Far Cry 2 had nothing to do with Far Cry 1, Devil May Cry was actually a prototype for a new resident evil game! ugh They take a new game engine create some half assed game and then slap a franchise logo on it and call it a sequel. Movies, Games, TV Its all about money and trying to appeal to the widest possible audience and as they do that they just alienate the true fans of the franchise. (DragonBall Evolution? need i say more)
  • edited April 2011
    I wonder if they have the original Dino Crisis working on that PSOne Android app? I love the old Res Evil games but I never played DC. I'm sure I'd enjoy it, it looks like my kind of game :D
  • edited April 2011
    DinoCrisis 2 was my favorite, for sheer dinosaur variety and action. A reboot would be fantastic, as long as it follows the lines of the first two and not the miserable third one.
  • edited April 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    I wonder if they have the original Dino Crisis working on that PSOne Android app? I love the old Res Evil games but I never played DC. I'm sure I'd enjoy it, it looks like my kind of game :D

Not sure about that but they are selling the original on the PSN. I was hoping for part 2 as well seeing how all the original RE's made it to the PSN but no luck so far.
  • edited April 2011
    Not sure about that but they are selling the original on the PSN. I was hoping for part 2 as well seeing how all the original RE's made it to the PSN but no luck so far.

I don't have a PS3, nor any current intention of getting one so PSN is out of the question for me. This new store on Android has me intrigued though. There's an unofficial one out now but I think Sony is planning to release one in the coming months. I'll have to look into it.
  • edited April 2011
    Good news everyone!

Sorry for the double post but I thought this news needed a bump. It may reignite some discussion here :)

(For those who can't be bothered clicking the link DC2 is coming to PSN)
  • edited April 2011
    ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you! I haven't been on the PSN in a while so this news would have gone unnoticed for me! Thanks a bunch!!! I can't wait to play it. I haven't played DC2 in so long and it's the best one!
  • edited April 2011
    Sweet! I accidentally scratched my copy of the second one to unplayability when i was younger, might revisit Edward city (Wasnt that the name?) to slay some dinos.
  • edited April 2011
    Remake of Dino Crisis would be awesome :D I can't stand playing psone game nowadays so the once classics are now far too retro. Would like a break from the RE franchise too
  • edited April 2011
    Tanshaydar wrote: »
    Anyone played Dino Crisis 3?
    They better stop screwing up the franchises they created.

Anyone played Dino Crisis 2? Completely ruined it by turning it into a third-person shooter game and removed the survival horror aspects.
  • edited May 2011
    I think that a dino crisis reboot would be a good a thing. That being said I think we can all agree that if this does happen it needs to be done in a similar style of Resident Evil 4 and 5, but give it a true feeling of suspence and horror, as opposed to having a little jump scare here and there. (something that I feel has been lost in the resident evil series.) I'd also like if they had some encounters with herbivorous dinosaurs. (as even herbivorous dinosaurs can be dangerous as well, which would shows how truly dangerous the land is.)
  • edited May 2011
    While I am fully supportive of the idea of a new Dino Crisis, I cannot in good conscience vote for it on a poll that has both Breath of Fire and Power Stone. ;)
  • edited May 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    While I am fully supportive of the idea of a new Dino Crisis, I cannot in good conscience vote for it on a poll that has both Breath of Fire and Power Stone. ;)

lol I can understand that. I'm a bit of a Breath of Fire fan myself. My favorite was Breath of Fire 3.

However, I can't help but think how awesome a Dino Crisis would be if it had the game play of Dead Space 2 or Resident Evil 4 and 5. It would be very awesome indeed.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2011
    My only Breath of Fire was number 3! But as I've played the original Dino Crisis as well, and the first stuck far better, I'd vote BOF anytime. Yes, even if it was rather lame.
  • edited May 2011
    Breath of Fire is a way better series, AND it has dinosaur like creatures!
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, but dinosaurs are just awesome by default. lol

I was playing Dino Crisis 2 the other day on my PSP. I really wish they would bring this series back. It would be epic.
  • edited June 2011
    A dino crisis 1 remake would be great if capcom did the same thing they did for the Re 1 remake, ie make the same game with the same plot, location and characters. But none of the Re4 action crap!
  • edited June 2011
    Alstom1995 wrote: »
    A dino crisis 1 remake would be great if capcom did the same thing they did for the Re 1 remake, ie make the same game with the same plot, location and characters. But none of the Re4 action crap!

Your're talking about the Gamecube remake? yeah, that one was amazing. I could see them doing a remake like that for Dino Crisis as well.
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah the team behind that game did a great job. I didn't like the way Wesker was portrayed though, he should've been less obvious and more like a smooth talking cop like he was in the original game. This english sounding voice and character doesn't suit him!

On the subject of Dino Crisis I only really liked the first one, I still play it even now. DC2 was good but it was more of an action arcade game imo and the story didn't seem dino crisis enough, compared to the first!

If they remade DC1 like they did with the original RE, and providing it stuck to the same storyline, plot, and survival horror gameplay i'd buy it! They made the Arklay Mansion bigger, so imagine how bigger they could make Ibis Island.. The characters and music should stay as they are, and the voice acting should either be done again with the same cast or at least sound similar. There isn't anything wrong with it, Dr Kirk should sound like he does because that's his kind of character, and Regina and her team sound like cool headed agents. So in effect all Capcom need to do is enhance the graphics, and add some more puzzles to the game.
  • edited June 2011
    Alstom1995 wrote: »
    Yeah the team behind that game did a great job. I didn't like the way Wesker was portrayed though, he should've been less obvious and more like a smooth talking cop like he was in the original game. This english sounding voice and character doesn't suit him!

On the subject of Dino Crisis I only really liked the first one, I still play it even now. DC2 was good but it was more of an action arcade game imo and the story didn't seem dino crisis enough, compared to the first!

If they remade DC1 like they did with the original RE, and providing it stuck to the same storyline, plot, and survival horror gameplay i'd buy it! They made the Arklay Mansion bigger, so imagine how bigger they could make Ibis Island.. The characters and music should stay as they are, and the voice acting should either be done again with the same cast or at least sound similar. There isn't anything wrong with it, Dr Kirk should sound like he does because that's his kind of character, and Regina and her team sound like cool headed agents. So in effect all Capcom need to do is enhance the graphics, and add some more puzzles to the game.

That would be something I'd kill for. Unfortunately thats something we will never see, just like a Trespasser remake, simply because it wouldnt sell enough. Hell, they even cancel done games cause it wouldnt make billions
  • edited June 2011
    It's the same with the original Resident Evil games, I guess you can consider Re Darkside chronicles a Re2 and CV remake.

I still play DC1 sometimes, in all the years it's been made i've never seen a game like it.

Trespasser is a good game too I still have my copy that I bought in the 90's. I have my Dino crisis ps1 game too. I voted Trespasser as the best JP game simply because in spite of the bugs, it is the only interactive game that lets u walk around an ingen facility with dinosaurs and the JP story. The John Hammond memoirs are really cool too, you get a story of what happened to Ingen and Site B. People have also made levels for it, including one where you play as Nedry and have to get to the East Dock before the ship leaves!

I dunno if i'd like Trespasser remade. A finished Trespasser would be good though! :rolleyes: I'd like to see the additions of the extra levels they took out, the bugs fixed, and a slight graphical update too. Trespasser was never finished and was rushed out with the Lost World film, that's why it was never as good as it should have been.

I am looking forward to telltales JP game though. JP1 was the best film and it will be great to be on Isla Nublar and experience the incident from another point of view. :)
  • edited June 2011
    I play Dino Crisis 2 more than Dino Crisis 1 but I like them both. I actually think that a remake of dino crisis would be safer in the hands of the Dead Space 1 and 2 team than with Capcom. I don't like the direction that RE is going and i think Dead Space 2 has the type of atmosphere and storying telling that would do well for a Dino Crisis game.
  • edited June 2011
    Capcom seems to of followed Sega. They both seem to be incapable of making anything new and interesting regarding RE and SOR, they just re release them!
  • edited June 2012
    I wonder if the Dino Crisis level in Street Fighter x Tekken is a sign that CAPCOM are looking into the possibility of re-exploring the franchise? At the very least it is good to see they haven't completely forgotten its existence!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.