Jurassic Park to be released near-simultaneously on Disc & Digital?

edited July 2011 in Jurassic Park
“Our plan is to bring these titles to the UK and Europe in the fall of this year,”
“We still see retail as an important part of our business – we love that we can deliver these video games to consumers who don’t or can’t purchase them digitally.”
“With episodic games, it’s difficult to launch simultaneously at digital and at retail,”
“Our intent is to get there, and with Jurassic Park that window will be much shorter.” TT's Publishing VP - James Lamorticelli

Article also stated they are attempting to find a publishing partner to do this, so it's still TBD. Maybe E3 will reveal more?

SOURCE: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44502/Jurassic-Park-to-go-up-against-Q4-blockbusters

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I think we will find out more info in the fall..hell they could probably Microsoft to Publish it..if it's for the 360.
  • edited June 2011
    yay i cant wait for e3 tomorrow!!
  • edited June 2011
    "It'll arrive later this year on PC/Mac and on the PlayStation Network, in an episodic form similar to the rollout of Back to the Future. The Xbox 360 will see a retail release containing all of the game's chapters on a single disc." - Kotaku

So does this mean 360 will get all the episodes before the PC/PS3 (With an episodic release)?
  • edited June 2011
    "It'll arrive later this year on PC/Mac and on the PlayStation Network, in an episodic form similar to the rollout of Back to the Future. The Xbox 360 will see a retail release containing all of the game's chapters on a single disc." - Kotaku

So does this mean 360 will get all the episodes before the PC/PS3 (With an episodic release)?

In that case, Ill just rent it on 360.
    This actually is a stupid thing for telltale to do. Why wait for episodic release on PC when I can get the 360 version now?
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    In that case, Ill just rent it on 360.
    This actually is a stupid thing for telltale to do. Why wait for episodic release on PC when I can get the 360 version now?

Likely a case of Microsoft's money hatting. Wouldn't be the first time.
  • edited June 2011
    If that happens (xbox getting all the 5 episodes at once), I won't buy this game.

Just gonna get it on other ways.....

If you wanna play with us, telltale, I'm in!
  • edited June 2011
    Lack of quotes, not solid info to me.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm a fan of Jurassic Park and have a PS3 console. I wish and hope that Telltale get this game for PS3 disc format. I hope that not only leave physical format for Xbox 360, many fans and people interested in buying this game for PS3 in disc. I hope you take into consideration.

Any of you know if this is possible?. but if only going out in download format for PSNetwork do not think buying. Sorry.
  • edited June 2011
    JPFan wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Jurassic Park and have a PS3 console. I wish and hope that Telltale get this game for PS3 disc format. I hope that not only leave physical format for Xbox 360, many fans and people interested in buying this game for PS3 in disc. I hope you take into consideration.

Any of you know if this is possible?. but if only going out in download format for PSNetwork do not think buying. Sorry.

"Look for the five episodes to start appearing on the PSN, PC, and Mac later this year while the Xbox 360 will be treated to a retail release. As for whether or not the PS3 will see a retail release, there isn't a final determination on it yet, but it most likely won't be happening. Telltale promises the episodes will be released consecutively in a timely manner so there won't be too much lag in the action." - Neoseeker
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks for the news. if you only go on sale for PS3 via PSN eventually not buy, do not spend my money on a digital item without disc, without box, without instructions or design.

Considering that go on sale on disc for PC and XBOX 360, you may also for PS3, I hope.

Jurassic Park is an interesting title for many people, is an emblem and I think that Telltale can get many benefits and greater recognition by the public on this company you can get if you sold on disc for all platforms.

So please Telltale. Release Jurassic Park: The Game for PS3 in disc.
  • edited June 2011
    Without a PS3 disc version of this, you've lost another sale Telltale.

This whole playing favorites crap this generation doesn't fly with me. Eidos did it with Tomb Raider and I completely boycotted Guardian of Light. I'll be buying this next Tomb Raider game used so Eidos doesn't see a cent from me.

Don't give either console special treatment Telltale, put the game on disc for both.
  • edited June 2011
    There is no way they'll release it on disc and then do it monthly on the PC and PS3. That just doesn't make sense.
  • edited June 2011
    i have a feeling that they will release the game on pc and ps3 and xbox with all five episodes ready.
  • edited June 2011
    There is no way they'll release it on disc and then do it monthly on the PC and PS3. That just doesn't make sense.

Until we're told differently, that's how I'm expecting it.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm just posting what I've read, I'm not here to confirm or deny anything. Just presenting quotes.
  • edited June 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    i have a feeling that they will release the game on pc and ps3 and xbox with all five episodes ready.

The thing is though, they have never done that before.
    Why even call it "episodic" when it isnt episodic at all?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Why even call it "episodic" when it isnt episodic at all?

When you buy a TV series on DVD, it's still made up of individual episodes, even though you get them all at once.
  • edited June 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    When you buy a TV series on DVD, it's still made up of individual episodes, even though you get them all at once.

True, but then they were episodes that aired at their own times and not all at once. Same goes with telltale's DVDs, where as if this is true, then the game really isnt episodic since there were never any episodes to begin with, just chapters or ideal save and quit points.
  • edited June 2011
    I think the delay was done just for the retail release. I believe TTG is working on Episode 3 right now, and will continue episodically internally, but this allows for a more compacted story and more effective QA. Then, they'll do a much more compacted episodic release (Perhaps a chapter a week for four weeks, retail release and simultaneous episode five release on the fifth week). That's certainly be an interesting step for TTG to take, in my opinion, and if succesful it'd be wonderful.
  • edited June 2011
    Until we're told differently, that's how I'm expecting it.

That's basically sabotaging their PC and PS3 market in favor of the 360. Madness.
  • edited June 2011
    That's basically sabotaging their PC and PS3 market in favor of the 360. Madness.
    Madness? 360 hasn't had Telltale games delivered through their services in awhile...It's only to make up for that fact. Timed or un-timed that retail disc will be out and it is exclusive.
  • edited July 2011
    Illegal download for me
  • edited July 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    Illegal download for me
    Piracy on the open internet seas! :eek:
  • edited July 2011
    Piracy on the open internet seas! :eek:

So what else is new :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.