Jurassic Park the Game Tyrannosaurus Rex, your thoughts?

edited January 2012 in Jurassic Park
I'm starting this Thread to see what everyone elses Opinion on the T-Rex in the game is

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Haven't really seen enough of it to make any real judgements. But as long as they make sure to use the roar from the films, I have nothing against it.
  • edited August 2011
    Haven't really seen enough of it to make any real judgements. But as long as they make sure to use the roar from the films, I have nothing against it.

They are using the roar from the movie.

The Tyranno' is looking pretty good, I just hope Telltale knows what they're doing.
  • edited August 2011
    I've been looking at a pic of the T-Rex in the movie (the scene where the laywer gets eaten) and a Pic of the T-Rex in the game. and I'm Glad to see the color patterns on her skin havent changed, but I did notice that the Game Rex's head seemed to be a tad bit small, could be just the angles and focus of the pics i have, but what are your opinions on that?
  • edited August 2011
    I'm with Tyrantking001. Everything looks good with the only major difference being the size of the head. Which isn't a major big deal for me.
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, the head size is a tad off, but it's nothing that's absolutely detrimental to the game. So far, they've been spot on with it aside from the minor details that don't matter much.
  • edited August 2011
    I cant wait to see the final product for the game, I've been a fan of Jurassic Park since the original came out, so seeing the game and how well it fits in, I will play the game till my PS3 and Xbox 360 no longer work if I have to
  • edited August 2011
    I still play jurassic park and Jurassic Park 2 on my SNES. lol And I'm sure I'll still be playing Jurassic Park: The Game for years to come as well.
  • edited August 2011
    I still play jurassic park and Jurassic Park 2 on my SNES. lol And I'm sure I'll still be playing Jurassic Park: The Game for years to come as well.

lol, I still play all the old Jurassic Park Games (Sega, NES, SNES, Etc)
    the only Jurassic park games I dont have are Trespasser (never actually played it and can't find it anywhere anymore) and Operation Genesis
  • edited August 2011
    lol, I still play all the old Jurassic Park Games (Sega, NES, SNES, Etc)
    the only Jurassic park games I dont have are Trespasser (never actually played it and can't find it anywhere anymore) and Operation Genesis

Never played Tresspasser either, however I do own Operation Genesis. It's likely the best JP game out there right now, so if you come across a copy on any platform, I highly reccomend it. As for older games, I have both of the Sega Genesis versions of the game (Jurassic Park and JP Rampage Edition). Still play them to this very day
  • edited August 2011
    Never played Tresspasser either, however I do own Operation Genesis. It's likely the best JP game out there right now, so if you come across a copy on any platform, I highly reccomend it. As for older games, I have both of the Sega Genesis versions of the game (Jurassic Park and JP Rampage Edition). Still play them to this very day

i used to have Jurassic Park Operation Genesis for the Xbox, sadly it vanished with the system after i got my 360, as far as games like Rampage Edition go i still have and play as often as i can find time to do so, the Jurassic Park Games will always be my favourites
  • edited August 2011
    Rampage Edition was by far one of my favorites. It had a basic story and a great expansion on different parts of the island. I was a tad dissappointed that the Tyrannosaurus Rex only had one appearance though
  • edited August 2011
    Trespasser is good for a collectors item. I've played it recently and I enjoyed it but It's not one that I can play over and over again. I'm currently waiting on a cheap TLW:Chaos Island for PC to show up on Ebay. The ones they have on their are expensive. Trespasser was expensive (I think I payed 85 dollars for it) but it was complete, unopened, and that was before I got my jeep. So I can't spen my money on my JP collection like I used too.

So far I own:
    Jurassic Park for NES
    Jurassic Park for SNES
    Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues for SNES
    Trespasser for PC
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park for PS1
    Jurassic Park Operation Genesis for PS2 (But I recomend the XBOX or PC version because of the extra content)

And to tie all of this into the original thread topic. The NES version had a very hard T-Rex boss fight. The SNES version had a cool T-Rex that would appear in certin areas. I think it looked really cool. Very detailed for that time. I liked how the only thing you could do was run.

The Chaos Continues has was I consider the best T-Rex encounter in a video game. I loved the mission where you were being chased by the Rex while shooting at it from the back of the jeep. And then that surprise fall at the end as well as the awesome music playing at the time. I played that level over and over again when I was little. And the T-Rex appeares to be inspired by the novel. It has the redish brown color of the novel.

Trespasser, as glitchy and unfished of a game as it is, still was fun for me. And the T-Rex did not disapoint either. If you couldn't sneak past it in the levels it was in you were in for a suspensfull chase. There was a part in the game where I was trapped in a bus and couldn't get out cause it was hanging out by the door. lol I didn't want to restart the level so I made a run for it. Good stuff.

The Lost world for PS1 was like an arcade game. WHich means it's a very hard game. lol That's why I'm not a big fan of it. It's fun, but because of the arcade gameplay, The T-rex seems very weak. Very hard to stay alive in that game even playing as the rex.

And of course, I have nothing really bad to say about Operation Genesis. The T-Rex was 100 percent match in my opinion. And when it gets out and starts eating people it's just awesome. lol
  • edited August 2011
    The Lost world for PS1 was like an arcade game. WHich means it's a very hard game. lol That's why I'm not a big fan of it. It's fun, but because of the arcade gameplay, The T-rex seems very weak. Very hard to stay alive in that game even playing as the rex.

The Lost World Jurassic Park for the Ps1 was extremely difficult, but they 'fixed' that in the special Edition (i have both thanks to a buddy of mine) but when it comes to the Special edition, the Extra T-Rex level was rather dissapointing
  • edited August 2011
    hmmm, thinking about in-game T-rex, made me to ask...will there be any new trailer soon?
  • edited August 2011
    I think she looks great... in the shots I have seen so far anyway.
  • edited August 2011
    I think I've finally figured out what was bugging me about the T-rex. It's very visible in the latest video at the beginning. The rex's top gums stick down below its upper lip. Kinda weird to me.
  • edited August 2011
    I find the T-Rex to be looking awesome! Love her roar and her look :D On another note, I also find the raptors amazing as well.
  • edited August 2011
    Just because I decided to...here's a comparison shot of the game's T-rex and the one from the movie...the gums are way too big. Not a deal breaker, but definitely odd.
  • edited August 2011
    I am wondering if there will only be one individual rex in the game, or multiple rexes? The movie never makes it clear how many T-rexes are in the park, though it is assumed to be only one. Do you think the game will address that?
  • edited August 2011
    Just because I decided to...here's a comparison shot of the game's T-rex and the one from the movie...the gums are way too big. Not a deal breaker, but definitely odd.

Yeah it is a little weird. Oh well, I guess we can't have it all. I've noticed issues with the other dinosaurs too, but like you said nothing thats a deal breaker. They look atleast 85% and up like their movie counterparts...I guess thats as much as we can ask.
  • edited September 2011
    I am wondering if there will only be one individual rex in the game, or multiple rexes? The movie never makes it clear how many T-rexes are in the park, though it is assumed to be only one. Do you think the game will address that?

In the book was a full grown rex and a baby rex. i´m asuming there are two
  • edited September 2011
    Nope there is one. Hammond even said it in the. " We have a T-rex " and "We clock the T-rex and 32 miles an hour." so, those statements implies there is one on the island.
  • edited September 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Nope there is one. Hammond even said it in the. " We have a T-rex " and "We clock the T-rex and 32 miles an hour." so, those statements implies there is one on the island.

He's talking about the novel. In the novel there was a full grown tyrannosaur and a 3 year old Juvenille rex that was about 8 feet tall and 16 ft long.
  • edited September 2011
    Panther10 wrote: »
    He's talking about the novel. In the novel there was a full grown tyrannosaur and a 3 year old Juvenille rex that was about 8 feet tall and 16 ft long.

Telltale has only the rights to the movies, not to the novel. So its irrelevant what the book says!
  • edited September 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Telltale has only the rights to the movies, not to the novel. So its irrelevant what the book says!
    Amen. 1 Rex. Case closed.
  • edited September 2011
    Amen. 1 Rex. Case closed.

wouldnt it have made more sense for hammond to clone a nanotyrannus? that way it would be small enough for him to ride around the park on and chew his food for him and and do array of other odds and ends a tiny T-rex provides.. XD
  • edited January 2012
    Now that the game has been released, I would like to hear your opinions on the Tyrannosaur in the Game vs. it's movie counterpart, I've noticed only minor cosmetic differences but I am certainly not the most observent person in the world to date.

I have also noticed that on occasion it seems to change sizes from shot to shot, but that could just be me and the way the camera ingame is set
  • edited January 2012
    I think she was wonderful... They really did a great job with her animation... And being in a video game sometimes limits the story tellers timing.. But when it was on my screen I loved every moment.... And the roar was right. ;)
  • edited January 2012
    I noticed the size change as well but other than that they really got it right... the only thing that bothered me was at the end of episode one when the rex chases the tour car...the tail was flailing like a dogs tail, we would not have seen that, really high quality though and definitely fit the movie rex's Opportunist personality, Kinda reminds me of the JP series one t-rex figurine that they sold in 93
  • edited January 2012
    hmmm they are coming out with primal carnage this year, and the looks on the raptor vs the JP3 raptors look the same, but the only difference is the raptors on primal carnage, the raptors dont have the feathers sticking up, and oh yeah, you can control the dinos from the compy too the t-rex, also yeah the t-rex in the movie and the game, never even noticed the size lol
  • edited January 2012
    hmmm they are coming out with primal carnage this year, and the looks on the raptor vs the JP3 raptors look the same, but the only difference is the raptors on primal carnage, the raptors dont have the feathers sticking up, and oh yeah, you can control the dinos from the compy too the t-rex, also yeah the t-rex in the movie and the game, never even noticed the size lol

I'm Looking forward to Primal Carnage, im just hoping it comes to console so i dont have to over burden my poor fossilized machine (laptop)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.