Jurassic Park Games...Which is your fave and why?

edited March 2012 in Jurassic Park
I'm starting this Thread because my other one started to turn into a JP games discussion when it was supposed to be about the JP:TG T-Rex, so this seemed to be a good idea

These are the Jurassic Park Games i have in order of my Favourite to least Favourite...

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
Jurassic Park (Sega Genesis)
Jurassic Park Rampage Edition
Jurassic Park III: The D.N.A Factor
Jurassic Park III: Park Builder
The Lost World Jurassic Park Special Edition (PS1)
The Lost World Jurassic Park (PS1 normal version)
Warpath: Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park III Island Attack (both versions)
Jurassic Park (NES)
Jurassic Park (SNES)
Jurassic Park (Game Boy)
Jurassic Park Part 2 The Chaos Continues (SNES)
Jurassic Park Part 2 The Chaos Continues (Game Boy)
The Lost World Jurassic Park (Game Boy)
The Lost World Jurassic Park (Sega Genesis)
The Lost World Jurassic Park (Game Gear)
Jurassic Park (Game Gear)

and that's all I remember at the moment

Please let me know which ones you have, which ones you like or dislike and why you like/dislike them

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Jurassic Park for the sega CD one of my all time favorites.
  • edited August 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Jurassic Park for the sega CD one of my all time favorites.

I knew i forgot a Jurassic Park game that i had lol

JP for Sega Cd annoyed me to no end but i still enjoyed it (never could beat it)
  • edited August 2011
    I have only played three games and i liked them all :)

Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park (handheld game)
    Trespasser

I only played the demo for Trespasser, and even though i managed to complete it, i never got through it if i stumbled upon a raptor. They were super hard to kill ;;
  • edited August 2011
    My favorite has to be Trespasser. Even with its...obvious flaws, it had the makings of a great game and I loved it to death.

Alternatively, I love the arcade version of The Lost World. I would play it all day with some friends and we'd always be looking for new shortcuts or ways to approach each level.
  • edited August 2011
    As you can see from my sig and everything else about me, my favorite game of all time, not just JP, is Trespasser. Great game and like Martin said, it has its flaws but that was a great game and i think a remake could be amazing.
  • edited August 2011
    I've never gotten to play Tresspasser, so I can't really vouch for that. Personally, as far as story and gameplay goes, I'd have to go with the Sega Genesis version as well as JP Rampage Edition. Operation Genesis is a close second particularly due to the mods.
  • edited August 2011
    I never played Trespasser either, but ive seen gameplay videos of it, and im always willing to give something a try to see if it works for me, if i can get my hands on Trespasser the same will apply
  • edited August 2011
    I managed to Get Trespasser from a buddy of mine (he used to be a big Jurassic Park Fan but isnt so much anymore) so maybe anyone who feels so inclined, id very much appreciate some usefull pointers on how to play the game without dying every two minutes lol.

Thanks guys
  • edited August 2011
    I always played Warpath when I was a kid. I love Operation Genesis. And I would like to know where to download Tresspasser
  • edited August 2011
    I always played Warpath when I was a kid. I love Operation Genesis. And I would like to know where to download Tresspasser

I can't help you with downloading Trepasser, the copy i have a Friend of mine gave me, and hes also looking into getting me a copy of Chaos Island
  • edited August 2011
    I managed to Get Trespasser from a buddy of mine (he used to be a big Jurassic Park Fan but isnt so much anymore) so maybe anyone who feels so inclined, id very much appreciate some usefull pointers on how to play the game without dying every two minutes lol.

Cheat Codes

To activate these codes press Ctrl-F11. A cursor
    will pop up in the bottom left corner. Type the
    desired code then press ENTER. When finished press
    Ctrl-F11 again.

Use the code for Invulnerability if you're having trouble:
    INVUL

This one's for unlimited ammo:
    WOO

How to climb gates: Keep jumping and walking
    forward until you are at the top.

~

If you want to finish the game like a champion (without cheat codes), the only tip I can give you is: practice.
  • edited August 2011
    Cheat Codes

To activate these codes press Ctrl-F11. A cursor
    will pop up in the bottom left corner. Type the
    desired code then press ENTER. When finished press
    Ctrl-F11 again.

Use the code for Invulnerability if you're having trouble:
    INVUL

This one's for unlimited ammo:
    WOO

How to climb gates: Keep jumping and walking
    forward until you are at the top.

~

If you want to finish the game like a champion (without cheat codes), the only tip I can give you is: practice.

Thank you very much, I got killed by a Velociraptor within the first few minutes of starting the game, generally i like to beat games without cheating the first time, then i start cheating after the first sucessfull playthrough
  • edited August 2011
    Thank you very much, I got killed by a Velociraptor within the first few minutes of starting the game, generally i like to beat games without cheating the first time, then i start cheating after the first sucessfull playthrough

I know the feeling. The controls take a while to get used to and, at times, the dinosaurs seem invincible. It`s a frustrating game but you get such a sense of accomplishment when you finish.

Always note that weapons are found near the beginning to each level and that guns trump slashing weapons.

Good luck and let me know your thoughts when you finish.
  • edited August 2011
    I seem to be in need of a 'perfect' Layout for my park in Operation Genesis, anyone think they might be able to help me out?
  • edited August 2011
    :cool:
    I seem to be in need of a 'perfect' Layout for my park in Operation Genesis, anyone think they might be able to help me out?

Here's mine:

JurassicPark--OperationGenesis-IslaNublar001.png

Here's the actual park layout:

islanublarRedone.gif

Enjoy!
  • edited August 2011
    REDSLATE wrote: »
    :cool:

Here's mine:

JurassicPark--OperationGenesis-IslaNublar001.png

Here's the actual park layout:

islanublarRedone.gif

Enjoy!

thank you very much, that could prove very helpfull
  • edited August 2011
    If anyone is heading to PAX Game Works has an old Jurassic Park arcade machine that I will challenge anyone to!
  • edited August 2011
    @ Amy

Amy,
    Are you on the jp team at all? and if not what games did u work on or are working on:confused::)
  • edited August 2011
    She's customer support.
  • edited August 2011
    The best jurassic park games by Far was the original jurassic park PC game if you remember it that was part isometric 2d and you were looking for your kids and then when you reached the parks facilities then it became a doom like 3d shooter .I loved that game.

But the Best jurassic game and a game that was a decade ahead of any other game was Trespasser.It was voted by many as the worst game of all time but the truth is that it is among the best games of all time ever...

The problem is that the original version had 1.000.000 bugs and problems along a virtually unplayable frame rate even on dual voodoo 2 machines...The thing is that the devs kept working on it and released a huge (For its time patch) around 50 mb...(heheh that at a time when the actual game without cinematics and music was like 200 mb!! ).They also re-released the game in Europe with one better version (the patch updated the game to 1.05 but the re-release was 1.06b or something like that)

I was very lucky i found that version and bought it and actually took my time to play it when i builded a new gaming system in 2002 if i remember.By then the game was running like silk on the new p4 processors and the game was an experience...Everything you think you could do in the real life you can do it in this game and the opposite ,everything that could kill or harm you in real life happens here.For example if you run down a steep hill you are going to tumble and maybe even kill yourself as in real life...hehheh.Dinosaurs are treated as animals and you could distract them by throwing stuff etc..The real time lighting was amazing for it's time and been able to interact with everything was amazing.This is a game where if you bumped on a door or a wall or a tree while holding a gun ,depending of the force of the bump or the lengh of your weapons you could either have your weapons position move,or even have it fall down...Or even on some rare occations you could even shoot yourself by accident...It was that realistic.....

In any case you could find it in many places to "download it"-as the last european version is sadly a bit difficult to find.

ALSO don't forget to go to http://www.trescom.org/ A fan site that has a lot of unnoficial patches to improve trespasser.

-There is the official 1.1 patch
    -The unnoficial that further patches the game to 2.13
    -A video patch that adds hd resolutions to the game
    -A menu patch that adds quicksave/quickload functions...
    -And another video patch that improves the distance to infinity
  • edited September 2011
    I have gained posession onf some new (to my collection) Jurassic Park games

Trespasser
    Chaos Island
    Danger Zone
    Dino Defender

and i have managed to relocate my copy of Jurassic Park for the Sega CD (i just wish i still had the Sega Genesis and Sega CD attachment lol)
  • edited January 2012
    I added telltale's Jurassic Park the Game to my growing collection of Jurassic Park Games, and would still like to hear what other people like and dislike about the seemingly endless list of JP based games on the market today.

Also some minor help with games like Trespasser and Chaos Island wouldn't be turned away either
  • edited January 2012
    I have to say that The new JP game is my favorite with The TLW arcade game 2ndand operation genesis third
  • edited March 2012
    my favourite jp game is trespasser it rocks dispite what the critics say but i have alot more jp games cause jp rocks so if ya want any ya can try to fing me

Email:cbroa21@hotmail.com
    Facebook:cory broad

i also need help with ttg jp game it wont accept my user and password
  • edited March 2012
    Mine is JP the game made by TTG... its the only one that seems to fit in with the franchise.. When it came out I like the JP game on the genesis.. mainly because I soaked up anything JP related... I cant really say I was impressed with Trespasser its one of those games that could have been great if its publisher only believed in the project.

I do not like strategy games so Operation Genesis isn't anything I got into.. I DID give it a shot.. but I just found it boring.
  • edited March 2012
    Jurassic Park (NES)
    It is my first game "Jurassic Park"
    Jurassic Park NES Music
  • edited March 2012
    I haven't played many. But I kind of enjoyed the SNES Jurassic Park, which for a licensed SNES game was actually a neat action adventure and had a surprising amount of stuff you could do. The first-person shooter parts were seriously flawed but I thought it was cool anyway because it was just the SNES and I didn't know any better. The only big problem was that YOU COULDN'T SAVE YOUR GAME! What the hell was up with that, anyway? As a result, I never actually beat it. I should give it a try on an emulator one of these days.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.