Jurassic Park Unofficial FAQ (Please Read Before Creating Threads)

Comments

• edited November 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    Yep, WTF dudes? iPad 2 is more important than Mac? I call that system racism ;)

I WANNA PLAY NOW, I WAS ALMOST ABOUT TO GO TO BED !!!!!

[/SPAM]

Me too. It's already midnight in here!
  • edited November 2011
    Hold your horses kiddies, let the team work out the mac. I waited long enough.
  • edited November 2011
    The Mac client will be available later today.

later today? pfff! I'm gonna bootcamp this now :D
  • edited November 2011

Have fun, and please spare no expense!
  • edited November 2011

Not me...

I wanna play this with my Lion!

But it's not fare.... The game gets releasead on 16th instead of the official date and in the middle of the night for MAC.

Thanks TellTale for the treatment.
  • edited November 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    Not me...

I wanna play this with my Lion!

But it's not fare.... The game gets releasead on 16th instead of the official date and in the middle of the night for MAC.

Thanks TellTale for the treatment.

You live in Portugal, this is a timezone were dealing with. Thank timezones, not Telltale. They are working hard to give you JP, and you are complaining?
  • edited November 2011

Not quite, it's still 15th in CA. I canceled the download, would took too long, wanna play on Mac natively too. I'm going to bed now.

sigh
  • edited November 2011
    You live in Portugal, this is a timezone were dealing with. Thank timezones, not Telltale. They are working hard to give you JP, and you are complaining?

Didn't they have time to prepare things??

The game was supposed to be released on April...
  • edited November 2011
    Not quite, it's still 15th in CA. I canceled the download, would took too long, wanna play on Mac natively too. I'm going to bed now.

sigh

14 minutes isn't an hour.

Hey you shouldn't be complaining, I had to scrub graffiti off walls to get money for this game, and I had to wait a long time for this game.
  • edited November 2011
    Didn't they have time to prepare things??

The game was supposed to be released on April...

It was delayed to update the graphics, lets not argue about this again. And they did prepare, they are in California, their shift started 3 hours back.
  • edited November 2011
    Hey you shouldn't be complaining

I'm not complaining, just tired and sad, that my presentation tomorrow doesnt let me stay awake :rolleyes:
  • edited November 2011
    So the games out now. How come my voucher isn't giving me the game for free like it was supposed to? It's only reducing $8.95
  • edited November 2011
    lLuffyl wrote: »
    So the games out now. How come my voucher isn't giving me the game for free like it was supposed to? It's only reducing $8.95

Use the Single Game one, not Deluxe.
  • edited November 2011
    Great to hear that the game's been released at last :D I would gladly get a move on & download it right now, but where I am now it's just turned midnight, and I won't be able to access the PC until tomorrow afternoon (in case anyone's confused, I'm actually typing from an iPod right now). Even so, it's brilliant to know that we've got it now. Tomorrow evening I'm gonna download it straight to my computer & get stuck in!
  • edited November 2011
    Use the Single Game one, not Deluxe.

I did. I selected the single game.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm not complaining, just tired and sad, that my presentation tomorrow doesnt let me stay awake :rolleyes:

Oh well, when ya gotta play, ya gotta play. I hope this game isn't a disappointment, I worked my ass off AND waited a long time for this game. And I defended Telltale over this Jeep shit.

I swear if this disappoints me, I'll clone a T-Rex and have it destroy your building!

Nah I kid, but please atleast be good.
  • edited November 2011
    lLuffyl wrote: »
    I did. I selected the single game.

Odd, that's what I payed for Deluxe, did it ask for Shipping speeds? If it didn't then consult Michael or any other Telltale tech supports. Your voucher could be messing up.
  • edited November 2011
    Odd, that's what I payed for Deluxe, did it ask for Shipping speeds? If it didn't then consult Michael or any other Telltale tech supports. Your voucher could be messing up.

Yeah I'll have to send another email. I know it was saying that for the deluxe version as well. When I applied the voucher it was only taking 8.95 from the price.
  • edited November 2011
    I sent you a new voucher, Luffy.
  • edited November 2011
    The Mac client will be available later today.

What kind of answer is that for people like myself that just paid for a game that said:

PC|MAC

only to get to the download page and find it unavailable?

That's called a scam.

:confused:
  • edited November 2011
    No, that's not called a scam, sorry. The Mac client will be available later today. On the 15'th, which is the official release date. We'll have it on our servers as soon as possible, and I apologize for the delay.
  • edited November 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Q: What about merchandise, and my free DVD for the PC/Mac version?
    A: We have t-shirts and posters available in our store. You will be able to purchase a Collector's DVD if you've purchased the digital edition for the PC/Mac. We do not currently have an ETA on when this disc will be available.

The question is about a "free DVD" but the answer says digital edition buyers will be able to "purchase" a DVD. Could you clarify, actually answer the question as to whether or not digital edition buyers get a free (not including shipping) DVD as has been the case with previous TTG series?
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Current known issues:

Gamepads are not currently supported in the Mac client. However, upon launching the game, you will still be asked to choose between gamepad and mouse/keyboard. Please make sure you choose the mouse/keyboard option. This will be fixed soon.

How exactly will this be "fixed"? Support for gamepads will be added? Or the interface screen that offers a choice will be eliminated?
  • edited November 2011
    Clarified that entry in the FAQ. It's free, but you need to pay the shipping cost, which is how we've always done it.

For now, the control prompt will be removed from the Mac version. I don't have an ETA and when that will be patched yet.
  • edited November 2011
    No, that's not called a scam, sorry. The Mac client will be available later today. On the 15'th, which is the official release date. We'll have it on our servers as soon as possible, and I apologize for the delay.

Nah, sorry. That was the excuse before release. Release occurred when the Mac version went up for sale. Sale went through just fine! Nice and swift.

No product available and no timeframe, other than "later."

Not good.

But I accept your apology.
  • edited November 2011
    It finishes downloading but every time I go to open the folder it says the file is invalid. I'm using a proxy to get past the DormNet filter is that the reason why?
  • edited November 2011
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have been waiting all day for this game!
    This is my first experience with telltale, and it is not good.
    Any other game I have ever bought on release day,
    has been released at the start of the release day!
    Why was is about 4:00 (11:00 in the UK) before it was released?

The wait irritated me,
    but I am now enraged to find that after buying it,
    I still can not play it as I have a MAC!!!

This release is shambolic!

You may be good game designers and developers,
    but you really need to learn how to become a game publisher.
  • edited November 2011
    Clarified that entry in the FAQ. It's free, but you need to pay the shipping cost, which is how we've always done it.

Thanks. Yes, I understand free does not include shipping. Doesn't matter though...
    For now, the control prompt will be removed from the Mac version. I don't have an ETA and when that will be patched yet.

No Mac gamepad support = no purchase. Might get it for XBox, though.
  • edited November 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    It finishes downloading but every time I go to open the folder it says the file is invalid. I'm using a proxy to get past the DormNet filter is that the reason why?

Actually, it probably isn't finishing. The archive is about 2.6GB in size, so if the file you have is nowhere near that size, then whatever you're using to download it is getting pissed off and terminating the download.
  • edited November 2011
    Hello.

I apologise if this has been covered, and I do remember reading somewhere back at the beginning of the year, but I would like someone to confirm.

At home I use a MacBook Pro, and away from home I use my Windows Laptop. Can I download both the Mac version and the Windows version to play on my machines, or am I only allowed to download and play one version?
  • edited November 2011
    You can download either version as many times as you'd like.
  • edited November 2011
    BrickMick wrote: »

The wait irritated me,

Telltale Games is a US based company in California they release their games during their business hours... They are not a huge game company like EA.. they release the games when they are ready... The Mac version is still being released on the day they said it would.. You have to realize you live in a different timezone....
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Telltale Games is a US based company in California they release their games during their business hours... They are not a huge game company like EA.. they release the games when they are ready... The Mac version is still being released on the day they said it would.. You have to realize you live in a different timezone....

Well since its nightime here I will go to bed and sleep for seven hours sorry for freaking out I am just excited :)
  • edited November 2011
    Can I buy the episodes individually, or is paying for the full series all at once my only option?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Madfather wrote: »
    Can I buy the episodes individually, or is paying for the full series all at once my only option?

Just the full series, the episodes are not available individually.
  • edited November 2011
    We have no plans to make the episodes available individually as of right now.
  • edited November 2011
    WARP10CK wrote: »
    Well since its nightime here I will go to bed and sleep for seven hours sorry for freaking out I am just excited :)

I think we are all excited... but its always best to be polite even when you're disappointed. From what I understand they do not have a massive staff of employees either.. I'm sure they would love to have a perfectly timed simultaneous PC/Mac release. But they did say it would be released on the 15th in the US and it is...
  • edited November 2011
    You can download either version as many times as you'd like.

Many thanks for your help. This game looks amazing, and I am really looking forward to my game downloading and playing it.

I wish you all the best, in this game, and hope that you continue to make great games (such as this) as is your past games - all the best for the future.

Regards
  • edited November 2011
    I think we are all excited... but its always best to be polite even when you're disappointed. From what I understand they do not have a massive staff of employees either.. I'm sure they would love to have a perfectly timed simultaneous PC/Mac release. But they did say it would be released on the 15th in the US and it is...

Totally agree, in the end, if you have to wait a few hours for a game to be released then you have to wait. It's not the end of the world. Behind a computer everyone is an expert and hard man. You do not need to forget your manners, or politeness just because you are a few thousand miles away.
  • edited November 2011

Please stop the timezone lectures, it is no excuse!!!
    I completely understand about timezone.

Why was it release at nearly the end of TTG business hours?
    And why is it STILL not available for MAC?
    especially now TTG has my money, I want my product!!!

If the game is not ready to publish, it would have been better for TTG to post an apologetic message this morning saying the release date had been prospered, rather than leaving people waiting. :mad:
  • edited November 2011
    BrickMick wrote: »

The wait irritated me,

Telltale is not a huge global games giant like EA who have their retail products pre-stocked globally to be let loose on a timezone specific date; nor do they have multi-national servers that unleash the game in timezone specific waves.

They are in CA the USA and they release it when its ready, which will be in working hours of that timezone.

You need to learn how to not be an impatient brat, it'll be out on pc and mac within the 15th of november in their timezone. Even if its late in the day, or the following day for other timezones.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.