Deluxe Edition arrived - Thanks Telltale!

edited January 2012 in Jurassic Park
Just thought I'd let you guys know that my Deluxe edition pack for Jurassic Park arrived today in the post :) And I wasn't expecting it to arrive so soon - the estimated delivery time was 3-4 weeks to the UK, and it arrived on my doorstep in just two! The box itself looked a little worn and scuffed from transit in the corners, but the seal keeping it closed was untouched. And the contents inside were utterly divine! I'm especially loving the JP staff patch and security pass. They were so well made that I'm tempted to use them in making a JP employee fancy dress costume some time in the new year. You also did a bang-up job with the replica brochure and handbook; I'd even go far enough to say that I'd rather have your replica brochure than an actual one from the film, considering the fact that theirs only had generic stock photographs instead of pictures of the park itself. And then, of course, there's the game itself in it's lovely deluxe packaging. I confess, I didn't like the look of it at first when I saw it in the store. But now that I've seen it for myself, it looks brilliant - I don't know what cover you'll have in mind for the regular edition, but obviously it won't look anywhere near as nice as this. All in all, you've done a brilliant job not just with the game, but with the deluxe edition pack as well. I've never seen anyone develop a game so faithfully to a film since Ubisoft's King Kong. Telltale, I tip my hat to you for all the effort you've put into Jurassic Park (and of course, Back to the Future).

Thank you, and well done! :D

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Glad you like it! The marketing/graphics guys put a ton of work into it and I think it really shows.

As for the mailing goes: I know people are decidedly torn on the shipping-it-in-the-box thing, but (for what its worth) we thought the idea of receiving an actual new hire kit from InGen in the post was really cool (instead of receiving a double packaged pristine replica of one). We knew they'd get a bit scuffed by the postal service, but the intent was to make it feel more authentic, not less. I know that's not for everybody but I love it (disclaimer: I had nothing to do with the deluxe editions, I was just a fan who saw one come through the post and look like it fell right out of an alternate universe and got excited.)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I think it's a great idea. The people at the customs office in Germany, however, might not get the joke. I might have to explain why a bioengineering company sends stuff to me. And in what working relationship I am with this Hammond guy. :D
  • edited December 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    I know people are decidedly torn on the shipping-it-in-the-box thing, but (for what its worth) we thought the idea of receiving an actual new hire kit from InGen in the post was really cool (instead of receiving a double packaged pristine replica of one). We knew they'd get a bit scuffed by the postal service, but the intent was to make it feel more authentic, not less.

When you put it that way, I can see what you mean :) Mine actually came out of it all in pretty good condition, compared to some of the stories I've read on here of other members having trouble with international couriers. To be honest, though, it wouldn't have made much difference to me, just as long as the contents inside were all untouched and accounted for (which they were :) )

Like I said before, I'm very pleased with how both the game and the Deluxe pack have turned out. Apart from Back to the Future, this was the first game I bought from Telltale (BTTF was the 1st as a digital download, but Jurassic Park counts 1st as a Deluxe Edition), and I could definitely see myself buying more from them in future :D
  • edited December 2011
    Good news got it hope get next week
  • edited December 2011
    Just to add to this, I also live in England and mine arrived today! Such a well designed box, and by far one of the most memorable game 'special editions' I can think of. Thanks Telltale!
  • edited December 2011
    I was originally all about to get the game on the Xbox 360 for several reasons (primary gaming pc is wonky, 360 achievements, lower price) then I saw the telltale unboxing and now I'm on the fence...
  • edited January 2012
    I hate the deluxe edition box. Hear me out. Did you ever consider that someone might order this as a gift? So now I have an INGEN package addressed to my mother. I don't think that's very authentic. Though the content is good.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.