Any chance of updating the OST?

edited February 2013 in Jurassic Park
With the awesome song that
plays while Oscar has the epic knife battle vs. a raptor in Chapter 3
?

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering about that too. If I remember the end credits correctly, it's even JEJ singing himself (could anyone confirm that?!? I just played it once...). The song is most definitely not Universal property, so why not release it seperately? It sure deserves this form of individual presentation.
  • edited December 2011
    Seriously, that scene is my most favourite scene of the game.
    I love how it's implied by the ending of the scene that Oscar realized that Billy and Nima were approaching and he had to kill the raptor NOW to prevent it from killing them. Also, the fight itself is awesome, too. And I'd say Oscar was SO awesomely badass in that scene... and later, when he dies in the finale of Chapter 3, I was hoping against odds that he would survive. Then again, I knew his fate was sealed when Nima sorta forgave him... still, he's probably my most favourite character in the game.
  • edited December 2011
    It's been said multiple times already; the OST will only contain Jared Emerson-Johnson's compositions; TTG only licensed the JP melodies for use in the game; the standalone soundtrack falls out of scope of said license.
  • edited December 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    It's been said multiple times already; the OST will only contain Jared Emerson-Johnson's compositions; TTG only licensed the JP melodies for use in the game; the standalone soundtrack falls out of scope of said license.
    The song has been composed by JEJ, as has been confirmed by Sinaz20 in another thread. So that shouldn't be the problem. I mean, if it was on the Jurassic Park Movie OST or some other album I'd just buy that, but it does not exist outside the game.
    edited December 2011
    xbskid wrote: »

Yeah, you answered a completely different question than the one that was asked here. ;)

We are in fact wondering why a JEJ composition that doesn't use any JP/Universal/Williams material did NOT end up in the OST/digital download release.
  • edited December 2011
    Seriously, Telltale, just put that song on iTunes or something if you won't put it on the OST. I need that song for my MP3 player. And sorta ripping it out of the game files is kinda illegal in my country, or I would totally do it.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Jared sent me a copy to post here but I'm not at a computer at the moment. Soon, though...
  • edited December 2011
    Good to hear! I was about to post the same question! Glad it is being uploaded, would love to have it. ;)

I also hope it doesn't have any of the "warble" or "radio" effects in it like it does in the game, because it would be lovely to hear a clean version to better hear the humorous lyrics. :D
    edited December 2011
    Will this go live today? :D
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, please do! :D
  • edited December 2011
    Please go for it today!
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    Jared sent me a copy to post here but I'm not at a computer at the moment. Soon, though...
    Awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    Any news? I'm looking at the forum like five times a day now.^^
  • edited December 2011
    Me too! lol
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Oops, hey guys! Here it is:

Don't Remember You
    Written by Jared Emerson-Johnson
    Performed by The Lysine Contingency
  • edited December 2011
    when i played it on the x-box version there were two songs one at nima and billy fighting and oscar and velociraptor fighting
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! It's up! Thanks Jake! :)

And bloodkiller, what do you mean? Is there another song in the X360 version not like the one posted above?
  • edited December 2011
    no lol, i ment there were two fighting scenes with songs played in them
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks!

Is there any chance that those of us with non-deluxe editions can listen to the whole soundtrack? To my knowledge, the deluxe version was only for mac and pc. I wanted the game for the 360 so I didn't go deluxe. Any chance the soundtrack will be released for purchase or available to just listen to online?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow OMG thank you! The song sounds a tad less epic-fighting thing but more fun-like without the radio filter think. Anyway, I must have listened to it at least for an hour on my MP3 player today... it's really nice!
  • edited December 2011
    Can we be ensured that there aren't any other pieces of music that is in the game and not on the soundtrack? Minus all the copywritten themes of John Williams.
  • edited December 2011
    Well this is the only song that sticks out (probably because it has lyrics). Apart from the audio book of Jurassic Park (unabbridged), it's the only think I've been listenening to on my MP3 player this whole week.
  • edited December 2011
    Just downloaded the song. You guys are stars for uploading this one along with the rest of the soundtrack :D Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Is there a possibility to download the "Sounds of Jurassic Park" from the game's homepage?
  • edited December 2011
    CaMa85 wrote: »
    Is there a possibility to download the "Sounds of Jurassic Park" from the game's homepage?

Download Safari, unless you already use it. Open Safari. Navigate to the JP homepage. On Safari's menu bar select Window > Activity. Find the mp3 file in the list of files (under the JP homepage section), hold ALT/OPTION and double-click the link. The file should start downloading to your default download location.

If double-clicking doesn't work, select the mp3 file and copy the link. Select Window > Downloads and paste the link.

This opens up a LOT of possibilities for the internet so use it wisely.

Enjoy!
  • edited December 2011
    Thx! That did the job.
    To download on a Windows machine you have to hold Ctrl/Alt and double-click.

I've been searching on Firefox for the mp3 in the list of mediafiles, but it doesn't show up there.
  • edited December 2011
    Just love when Telltale adds musical numbers. :P
  • edited January 2012
    Thx! That did the job.
    To download on a Windows machine you have to hold Ctrl/Alt and double-click.

I've been searching on Firefox for the mp3 in the list of mediafiles, but it doesn't show up there.

Could you upload it for those who don't want to go through the trouble? :D
  • edited January 2012
    You can find the Sounds of Jurassic Park here.

(In case telltale doesn't like this, just delete this post and send me a pm and I'll get it off.)
  • edited January 2012

(In case telltale doesn't like this, just delete this post and send me a pm and I'll get it off.)

Thank you!
  • edited January 2012

Next time you might consider just linking directly to TellTale's mp3 URL, instead of posting it to another site. Might save you some work if you ever link to something else like this. ;)
  • edited January 2012
    Next time you might consider just linking directly to TellTale's mp3 URL, instead of posting it to another site. Might save you some work if you ever link to something else like this. ;)
    :p Silly me.
  • edited February 2013
    I tried to download the song the other day but the link is broken. Any chance of a re-upload?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.