Who would like a free roaming island ?

edited February 2012 in Jurassic Park
yea i have this idea that a free island game should be produced, it would be hard to pull that of without making the game a "shoot em up" but i think that it would be so much more exciting. have the whole island as the map and maby sub missions should include like mountain areas and underground areas as well as grass plains and jungle areas with not generic missions involved but new innovative mission styles . maby be made by rocksteady company or something ???? what do you guys think ??

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Wolf 92 wrote: »
    yea i have this idea that a free island game should be produced, it would be hard to pull that of without making the game a "shoot em up" but i think that it would be so much more exciting. have the whole island as the map and maby sub missions should include like mountain areas and underground areas as well as grass plains and jungle areas with not generic missions involved but new innovative mission styles . maby be made by rocksteady company or something ???? what do you guys think ??

Seems to be a first or third person perspective again which isnt bad per say it depends on what you encounter and what added mechanics and enemies are thrown in the bunch,i would like to explore the island on foot though,i kinda did that in jurassic park for sega cd but was not comfortable with a time limit.

I had a similair idea like this but mine is a squad-based mechanic gameplay were your trying to smuggle/capture dinosaurs off the island competing with other hunter groups,additional mechanics i wanted are being able to set up bases or set up and re-use facilities such as the power station or rec-center etc,capturing and smuggling dna off the island grans you funds to buy weapons/items/armor/vehicles/and enhance your bases/facilities

it would have small rpg elements were you level up and distrubute stat points

HP:Your overall basic health,once it hits zero your dinosaur food

STR:Your strength which is needed to do more damage with melee weapons/tools,lifting/moving objects,and being able to carry heavier equipment

ACC:Your Accuracy or aim with weapons and tools,higher accuracy also allows you to spot danger or notice things earlier on.

STM:Your basic stamina,stamina runs out when your running,using melee,or fending off dinosaur attacks,you become weaker with low stamina.

TEC:Your skills with technology such as computers and tools,a higher rating would let you hack terminals,fix broken machines,even hotwire a jeep.

FLD:Your Field skills such as experience with animals and plants,higher ratings can let you understand and possibly manipulate animals to a degree such as distracting them,other possibilities include able to use plants for medicine,a higher field skill would also allow you to track dinosaurs and people easier.

and i know someone for sure is gonna say it sounds like fallout 3.
  • edited November 2011
    Seems to be a first or third person perspective again which isnt bad per say it depends on what you encounter and what added mechanics and enemies are thrown in the bunch,i would like to explore the island on foot though,i kinda did that in jurassic park for sega cd but was not comfortable with a time limit.

I had a similair idea like this but mine is a squad-based mechanic gameplay were your trying to smuggle/capture dinosaurs off the island competing with other hunter groups,additional mechanics i wanted are being able to set up bases or set up and re-use facilities such as the power station or rec-center etc,capturing and smuggling dna off the island grans you funds to buy weapons/items/armor/vehicles/and enhance your bases/facilities

STR:Your strength which is needed to do more damage with melee weapons/tools,lifting/moving objects,and being able to carry heavier equipment

ACC:Your Accuracy or aim with weapons and tools,higher accuracy also allows you to spot danger or notice things earlier on.

STM:Your basic stamina,stamina runs out when your running,using melee,or fending off dinosaur attacks,you become weaker with low stamina.

TEC:Your skills with technology such as computers and tools,a higher rating would let you hack terminals,fix broken machines,even hotwire a jeep.

FLD:Your Field skills such as experience with animals and plants,higher ratings can let you understand and possibly manipulate animals to a degree such as distracting them,other possibilities include able to use plants for medicine,a higher field skill would also allow you to track dinosaurs and people easier.

Sounds like JPOG
  • edited November 2011
    No dude you know what I want? I want a free roaming MMORPG real time strategy first person shooter from Infinity Ward or DICE with 75 weapons, a giant map with all kinds of dinsoaurs that want to eat you and massive multiplayer with 99+ players who all want to capture and kill dinosaurs and you and you have to fight and level up buy new weapons and upgrade already bought weapons to be more deadly and you know like build new buildings and kill all the raptors in the old building so you can rebuild them and gather recources to produce new dinsoaurs and they do whatever you want and so you compete with others to control and reopen jurassic park. That would be so frikkin AWESOME dude
  • edited November 2011
    Truth be told everyone's mindset often when they think of a dinosaur game is instantly a shoot'em up first person blast away game,it's starting to become kinda stereotypical.

And they have many games like that already especially with Turok i mean if you want dinosaur first person shooter its the best you can get,when it comes to most dinosaur shooting games like Jurassic the hunted or Dino Survivor it just feels like a sad jurassic park ripoff b grade game,also pointing out games like that never became popular,so a free exploration game of the island in which we dont have to end up shooting the dinosaurs and tend to make them a benefit would be a welcome addition to a gamer.
  • edited November 2011
    I would like that, but i would like it to be a Dead Island kind of feel. where its a FP view with RPG elements to it. you have the ability to roam the island, and interact with NPC who would give you missions/quests, and upon completing them, you would get experience and such. Weapons system would be very basic, maybe having weapons that can kill smaller dinosaurs, but i would like a game where you really have no sense of defense, similar to the game Amnesia, where you run away from the monsters and hide until they stop looking for you. So its not a game about just running around and killing dinosaurs, more like a survival horror game, you're just the prey. for example, you are suppose to go turn on some electric fence or some other objective, you hear the t-rex approaching, you would have to hide under something and hope the t-rex doesn't see you and eat you. something like that. but i would love a free roam game like that.
  • edited November 2011
    You know, I honestly believe someone will eventually make it. There really seems to be a serious desire for a totally free roaming game like that for JP, so I feel it's really only a matter of time.

But how would I like it...? As much as I love Turok, I really don't want to shoot the dinos in JP. I mostly just wanna be trapped on that island and feel the isolation and helplessness in trying to survive it. While there could be shooting involved I think it should mostly be about being cautious, careful, creative, and using materials around you to plan ahead for survival. Obviously there has to be a goal, other than just survive, but mostly it's about lasting through scary events that seem impossible to survive (think the kitchen scene in the first JP). Limited resources, limited space, limited time, infinite creativity.

The game could have various game modes for different types of exploring:
    1. ESCAPE: To find a helicopter or boat or something to get off the island
    2. SURVIVE THE NIGHT: Last a certain amount of time while being stranded on the island till help comes
    3. RESCUE MISSION: Perform a rescue mission by going into the depths of the jungle to find someone

However, my personal choice would be this:
    You are stranded on the island by a storm while passing by. You don't know it's Jurassic Park or that a park like that even exists. You start finding jeeps, signs, and small buildings, all like an abandoned amusement park (no dinos yet though). You find the Visitor's Center and start realizing the history of the island (how it was constructed and how it all failed). You bump into friendly dinos, then dangerous ones. You survive using mostly cunning strategies such as blue-prints of the buildings to navigate and trap dinos, etc. Eventually you'll find some control systems that are still running and instructions on how to use them. Perhaps you have to make a trek across the entire island to get something up and running. Ultimately it would be awesome if you could single-handedly actually get the park back up and running somehow. Then the park is actually opened the way it was meant to be.
    Restoration of the park through the most dangerous and unplanned circumstances would be really cool.
  • edited November 2011
    Maybe an open world sandbox Jurassic Park game like Minecraft? Where you have to collect resources and make a shelter.
  • edited November 2011
    You know what, a game where you just explored the park as it was meant to be would be really cool. Just a free roaming thing of the park as a tourist. I guess for extra fun you could be crazy and climb into one of the paddocks or something.:D
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Who would like a free roaming island ?

The DINOSAURS!! :D
  • edited November 2011

Sounds like you put some real for into it.

Would be a good idea as a competitive multiplayer for a short run or cooperative multiplayer against AI in the long run.
  • edited November 2011
    You know what, a game where you just explored the park as it was meant to be would be really cool. Just a free roaming thing of the park as a tourist. I guess for extra fun you could be crazy and climb into one of the paddocks or something.:D
    That would be awesome!
    Visitor* Hmmm I'll just go and jump this fence and go pet a Velociraptor!
    I saw a mod for JP:OG that makes the camera angle lower so you could pretend you're a visitor :eek:
  • edited November 2011
    I prefer the good ole adventure point and click its what make this company so great i already think they are wandering off the path a bit with jurassic park but then again they are bringing the heavy rain sorta adventure game to it seems to be the new adventure game mechanic now and it works hope to see more soon.
  • edited November 2011
    The DINOSAURS!! :D

HA! Gotta agree with that Vainamoinen!

Honestly, I'd like a free-roam JP island game if I could play as dinosaurs.
  • edited November 2011
    no no no, you guys, the game has to have battlefield 3 graphics, do you know the game pokemon snap, it should be kind of similar to that, but with battlefield 3 graphics, and you got to hide from the carnivores like baryonyx and the t-rex, if they see you, u gotta run like a mother fucker and find shelter before you get eaten, also the medium sized dinosaurs like the velociraptor and the other one that starts with an h, having trouble remembering its name though, also you got to find food and water to survive, basically your a photographer on the island, you get crashed in a airplane, and you find isla sorna, not knowing till you find something labeling ingen, kind of like trespasser, but all you got with you is a camera, your also a paleontologist so you recognize every dinosaur on the island, and while your taking pictures and surviving, your also trying to find away off the island at the same time. also you gotta watch out for spinosaurs, and pterenedons, also later you got to watch out for triceratops, and you visit sites from jurassic park the lost world, and jp3, there will be a hard mode and a easy mode just like the fallout games, and there will be trophies and achievements. also there will be stamina lets you run longer, hunger, become less hungry, and thirsty, become less thirsty, also sleepiness, there wont be one for that though. also you can explore the island from jurassic park trespasser, and other areas, also there will be some creatures in the water you have to be weary of too. This game would be more on survival and photography
  • edited November 2011
    However, my personal choice would be this:
    You are stranded on the island by a storm while passing by. You don't know it's Jurassic Park or that a park like that even exists. You start finding jeeps, signs, and small buildings, all like an abandoned amusement park (no dinos yet though). You find the Visitor's Center and start realizing the history of the island (how it was constructed and how it all failed). You bump into friendly dinos, then dangerous ones. You survive using mostly cunning strategies such as blue-prints of the buildings to navigate and trap dinos, etc. Eventually you'll find some control systems that are still running and instructions on how to use them. Perhaps you have to make a trek across the entire island to get something up and running. Ultimately it would be awesome if you could single-handedly actually get the park back up and running somehow. Then the park is actually opened the way it was meant to be.
    Restoration of the park through the most dangerous and unplanned circumstances would be really cool.

Sounds like modern and good Tresspasser game. Espeacaly the "Stranded on an island without knowing about the dinosaours" part. And the "Shooting is realy a desperate and last resort", this was becouse Ammo was rare, REALY rare and aiming controlls was the worst in gaming history.

Tresspasser had that comfy "Kinda open, but not realy" feeling. You could walk diffrent paths, but you always ended up in the same place. And you could find cool easter eggs and see things that never got done on the island. I wish Tresspasser got a remake, and i wish it was done well :\

That said, TellTales Jurassic Park game was in my eyes awsome.
  • edited February 2012
    Wolf 92 wrote: »

What you should do is make a site b free roaming island I'm just saying
  • edited February 2012
    What you should do is make a site b free roaming island I'm just saying

That game was kinda made already. Trespasser. Okay it wasn't open world entirely, it just had enormously big maps that covered every detail of the island, like the beach, dock, forests, town, labs and power plant. However, the game was still linear.
  • edited February 2012
    I would like that, but i would like it to be a Dead Island kind of feel. where its a FP view with RPG elements to it. you have the ability to roam the island, and interact with NPC who would give you missions/quests, and upon completing them, you would get experience and such. Weapons system would be very basic, maybe having weapons that can kill smaller dinosaurs, but i would like a game where you really have no sense of defense, similar to the game Amnesia, where you run away from the monsters and hide until they stop looking for you. So its not a game about just running around and killing dinosaurs, more like a survival horror game, you're just the prey. for example, you are suppose to go turn on some electric fence or some other objective, you hear the t-rex approaching, you would have to hide under something and hope the t-rex doesn't see you and eat you. something like that. but i would love a free roam game like that.

THIS

and also this:
    no no no, you guys, the game has to have battlefield 3 graphics, do you know the game pokemon snap, it should be kind of similar to that, but with battlefield 3 graphics, and you got to hide from the carnivores like baryonyx and the t-rex, if they see you, u gotta run like a mother fucker and find shelter before you get eaten, also the medium sized dinosaurs like the velociraptor and the other one that starts with an h, having trouble remembering its name though, also you got to find food and water to survive, basically your a photographer on the island, you get crashed in a airplane, and you find isla sorna, not knowing till you find something labeling ingen, kind of like trespasser, but all you got with you is a camera, your also a paleontologist so you recognize every dinosaur on the island, and while your taking pictures and surviving, your also trying to find away off the island at the same time. also you gotta watch out for spinosaurs, and pterenedons, also later you got to watch out for triceratops, and you visit sites from jurassic park the lost world, and jp3, there will be a hard mode and a easy mode just like the fallout games, and there will be trophies and achievements. also there will be stamina lets you run longer, hunger, become less hungry, and thirsty, become less thirsty, also sleepiness, there wont be one for that though. also you can explore the island from jurassic park trespasser, and other areas, also there will be some creatures in the water you have to be weary of too. This game would be more on survival and photography.

Here r some interesting mod projects running:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jurassic-life

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rtjp

Unfortunately they are all stuck in animation but maybe they succeed?
  • edited February 2012
    tope1983 wrote: »
    THIS

and also this:

Here r some interesting mod projects running:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jurassic-life

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rtjp

Unfortunately they are all stuck in animation but maybe they succeed?

cool!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.