Will they fix the framerate issues?

edited March 2012 in Jurassic Park
Will Telltale fix the framerate issues on the PS3?
I'm really enjoying the game but the constant framerate issues are really annoying and constantly occuring.
Surely this isn't too much to ask? I would enjoy the game much more if it wasn't constantly slowing down :)

Comments

• edited January 2012
    especially during the dilo encounter when miles and nima run away from the car and they stop along with other parts in later episodes :(
  • edited January 2012
    Any news on this? Im not asking for a lot...
  • edited January 2012
    Still waiting for an answer...
  • edited January 2012
    Asking Telltale to fix something post-release is like asking for the Earth to stop rotating.

I don't mean to disparage your request--but given their track record with previous games, I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • edited January 2012
    The PC framerate issues must not be as bad as the ones I've been experiencing on the PS3, because the issue crops up at the worst times and makes me want to bash my head against the wall after 5 tries on a single scene. It's unforgivable to release a game that relies completely on QTE's without making sure that it runs smoothly on all systems, especially when trophies/achievements are handed out for making no mistakes. Unfortunately I can't ask for a refund since Playstation Plus gave this out for free (at release of the game!) with a year renewal. I wonder if Sony knew the terrible quality of this game on the PS3 ahead of time, because I've never seen them give away a $30 new release game as a gift (or even gift with purchase) on any other occasion.
  • edited January 2012
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Asking Telltale to fix something post-release is like asking for the Earth to stop rotating.

I don't mean to disparage your request--but given their track record with previous games, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I dont think i'll be buying another game from them then. Joining Codemasters on the list of developers going downhill quickly...
    All im asking is for the game to run without problems, i would at least expect a moderator to answer my question. But thank you for the reply :)
  • edited January 2012
    No, they are not good developers and lack any technical skill sets to do that.
  • edited January 2012

Thanks for the valued input
  • edited January 2012
    Ribs wrote: »
    Thanks for the valued input

He's correct from what i can see :cool:
  • edited January 2012
    If they supported the games after they released them it would be "better", but they dont! And it doesn't seem like they play test them before release either or they just dont care if the game dont run well!
  • edited January 2012
    I have the same problems with the iOS version; frequent 2 second freezes and stuttering. This kills QTE. To try it yourself; EP1 at the end with the tranquilizer gun. If you fail your first attempt the QTE indicators will start to lag.

The PC version runs fine but that is expected with any recent video card.
  • edited January 2012
    So many people want this fixed.
    Why wont you do anything about it TTG? Or at least have the decency to reply to my thread when you reply to other threads?
  • edited January 2012
    I have experienced Frame Rate issues as well. Poor optimization and terrible gameplay flaw this game. And TT won't do jack. I am disappointed.
  • edited January 2012

Did you join to say TT sucks and TT sucks? Play Sam and Max, play BTTF, play any other game then JP. You'll see how "bad" TT is at technical skill.

PS. Tech Skill isn't required to make a game, you need to be a good programmer/developer to make a good game :cool:
  • edited January 2012
    Still waiting for a reply from a mod or someone from TTG....
  • edited January 2012
    Still no reply....
    This place is shocking.
  • edited January 2012
    No, Telltale never fixes their games.
  • edited February 2012
    Hi,

The possibility of a patch for the PS3 version is still being investigated. Sorry, but I don't have any further information beyond that at the moment.

Thanks,
    Michael
  • edited February 2012
    Hi,

The possibility of a patch for the PS3 version is still being investigated. Sorry, but I don't have any further information beyond that at the moment.

Thanks,
    Michael

Thanks for getting back to me, this is all i wanted to hear. Hope the PS3 does get a patch otherwise i wont be playing it again.
  • edited February 2012
    Make sure that you have installed the latest version of graphic card drivers and DirectX on your computer. Let me know about the result after doing that. If still issue persisting contact developer of the game.
  • edited February 2012
    Memphis M wrote: »
    Make sure that you have installed the latest version of graphic card drivers and DirectX on your computer. Let me know about the result after doing that. If still issue persisting contact developer of the game.

We're talking about the PS3 version.
  • edited February 2012
    Memphis M wrote: »

PS3 version.
  • edited February 2012
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Michael

So, its been a while now....
    Any news?
  • edited February 2012
    Still no news TTG? Way to keep the community updated.
  • edited February 2012
    Well, to release a patch on PSN (and XBLA) costs a developer roughly 40,000$ according to Tim Schafer. It's not very affordable for smaller developers :(
  • edited February 2012
    Shim wrote: »
    Well, to release a patch on PSN (and XBLA) costs a developer roughly 40,000$ according to Tim Schafer. It's not very affordable for smaller developers :(

TTG shouldn't release a product that didn't work in the first place if they cant afford a patch for it.
    They are a disgrace.
  • edited February 2012
    Wow... It just gets better :rolleyes:
  • edited February 2012
    Thanks for the updates, i dont think i've ever been on such a great forum.
  • edited February 2012
    Its been a month now since a reply from a member of TTG, i have PM'd Micheal Parks and what a suprise. He didn't reply...
  • edited February 2012
    Hi,

As I said previously, I do not have any information about a patch for the PS3 version of the game. I'm not on the development team and I am not able to give you information that I don't have. If I'm updated with any information about a potential patch, there will either be a new thread created here, or a blog post will go up. I understand your frustration, and I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Thanks,
    Michael
  • edited March 2012
    So this means there will be no patch basically, its been months since it was released. That's Great, release a game that doesn't work as it should and dont fix it. Cant wait until TTG go bankrupt, i'll be laughing.
  • edited March 2012
    The game does work. I mean, I played through it several times and was able to make it all the way through each time. yes, there's a frame rate issue that is a bit anoying but its not game breaking.
  • edited March 2012
    I experienced very little frame rate issues on my 360.
  • edited March 2012
    The game does work. I mean, I played through it several times and was able to make it all the way through each time. yes, there's a frame rate issue that is a bit anoying but its not game breaking.

It kills the experience though, when the games framerate drops every 10 seconds during an action scene and you then die.
    I wouldn't have any problems if they said sorry, we realise the problem and we'll patch it but no. They wont patch it because they are a joke of a company. They dont fix anything, never buying another product from them again.
  • edited March 2012
    What boggles my mind is that not a single person on the TT team must have played the later episodes on the PS3. How small/inexperienced must the team have been to let such a huge compatibility issue slide? This isn't like Skyrim, where the PS3 version slowed down or froze after spending tens of hours in the game. If you even TOUCH JP episode 4, you can clearly see that it's broken.

In the long run, you (TTG) are going to lose more money the longer you keep this POS on the market than if you just pushed through a patch. In its current state, people will play through your game, be turned off, and definitely not purchase new projects such as The Walking Dead (I'm sure there are many gamers who are interested in both franchises). I desperately want your games to be good, but I'm not going to let my fanboyism affect my wallet like a manipulative girlfriend who never puts out.
  • edited March 2012
    They did have a schedule to keep though. And they did delay the game once. So It could have been a lot worse. And we talk about patches like all they have to do is hit a button and everything is fixed. We don't know how the TellTale Tool works. For all we know it would take more man hours and money to fix the frame rate to the point where it's just not worth doing. Expecially seeing how the game did not fair well review wise. Not to mention TellTale is very busy with other games now like The Walking Dead.

I don't expect a patch. But seeing how I already played through and 100 percented each episode I don't really need one.
  • edited March 2012
    I don't expect a patch. But seeing how I already played through and 100 percented each episode I don't really need one.

Was this on the PS3? I mean, if it was possible, I would have pushed through the lag and played on, but it's not, so I was forced to stop at the beginning of Episode 4. If I had been able to complete the game I paid for, I wouldn't come back and keep b****ing about it.

Bottom line is, I don't care about how much it costs TTG. It is their responsibility to make sure that the entire experience is available to us. After that, any complaints about story and gameplay mechanics aren't their problem. Unplayability isn't an opinion. It's fact.

Shockingly, at this point I would rate TTG even lower than EA in terms of respect (that's pretty damn low), and I'll be passing on these opinions until the company honors PS3 purchasers with what they deserved in the first place, regardless of their expectations of a TT game.
  • edited March 2012
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^:eek: but so true
  • edited March 2012
    Kalysm wrote: »
    What boggles my mind is that not a single person on the TT team must have played the later episodes on the PS3. How small/inexperienced must the team have been to let such a huge compatibility issue slide? This isn't like Skyrim, where the PS3 version slowed down or froze after spending tens of hours in the game. If you even TOUCH JP episode 4, you can clearly see that it's broken.

In the long run, you (TTG) are going to lose more money the longer you keep this POS on the market than if you just pushed through a patch. In its current state, people will play through your game, be turned off, and definitely not purchase new projects such as The Walking Dead (I'm sure there are many gamers who are interested in both franchises). I desperately want your games to be good, but I'm not going to let my fanboyism affect my wallet like a manipulative girlfriend who never puts out.

I agree 100%, i wanted this game to be awesome but it does not work! And i certainly wont be buying the Walking Dead game despite the fact that i love the programme. And im sure many other people agree with you.
    Was this on the PS3? I mean, if it was possible, I would have pushed through the lag and played on, but it's not, so I was forced to stop at the beginning of Episode 4. If I had been able to complete the game I paid for, I wouldn't come back and keep b****ing about it.

Bottom line is, I don't care about how much it costs TTG. It is their responsibility to make sure that the entire experience is available to us. After that, any complaints about story and gameplay mechanics aren't their problem. Unplayability isn't an opinion. It's fact.

Shockingly, at this point I would rate TTG even lower than EA in terms of respect (that's pretty damn low), and I'll be passing on these opinions until the company honors PS3 purchasers with what they deserved in the first place, regardless of their expectations of a TT game.

All of this!
  • edited March 2012

Yes, it was the PS3 version. And the game was free so I consider TT games to be a very generious company.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.