The walking dead ios episode 2 won't download

edited March 2013 in Game Support
yesterday i bought the second episode but everytime i start the download it is just going to quit after a while and throw me the message wich says that i have lost my connection.
but when i go back to my homescreen i have full wifi connection.

i even had the game quit downloading at stupid moments like
99.555%
87.404%
it is anoying and i just can't download episode 2.

this is probably a problem with my phone or the wifi connection here.
but if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it
i'm using a iphone 4s
~yellowrazor

Comments

• edited August 2012
    The same thing is happening to me - except i'm yet to get past 2 or 3% of the download. So annoying - my internet connection is working perfectly, i've tried in 3g and wifi - using iphone 4.

How do I fix this?????
  • edited August 2012
    I am having the same issue, tried on 2 seperate ipad 3's and multiple internet connections.
  • edited August 2012
    I am having the same problem, but I get the Connection Lost error even if I get to 100% downloaded. I've had it (at 100%) 3 times now, as well as losing it several times at different percentages. Very frustrating that it can't resume the download, or in my case use the data that has been 100% downloaded!

Even more frustrating that Telltale hasn't made a single comment acknowledging the issue.
  • edited August 2012
    I'm having the same problem, cannot download Episode 2. I've got iPad 3, with the latest os updates. I get anywhere between 0-20% and it says my internet connection is lost when my internet connection is perfectly fine.
  • edited August 2012
    Just to update everyone, my download worked perfectly last night. I did delete and re-download the game though.
  • edited August 2012
    sprinkl0r wrote: »
    Just to update everyone, my download worked perfectly last night. I did delete and re-download the game though.
    By deleting you mean the you deleted the entire app? Or just the single episode?

I'm having this issue too. Got the same issue on mac, spent double the money on iOS and got hit by the same issue again. TTG doesn't even know how to solve it's own problem after such a long time... Shame on them. Emailed them, requested a refund on their defective product they said they can't do that. What assholes. Got my money, no game, no solution, no refund.
  • edited August 2012
    The entire app
  • edited August 2012
    The entire app
    Thanks~
  • edited September 2012
    i was actually planning to try that, but i didn't want to lose my save tho so i didn't. but if it is the only way to get to play episode 2 then i will have to.
    hope they will fix this with episode 3 tho.
  • edited September 2012
    re downloading the app didn't work for me... well i don't really know.
    i have re installed the app but now it says that i have to buy it again...
    maybe if i press buy now it doesn't purchase it again but just checks if i already have it. but before i do that i want to know for sure that it works.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm having the exact same problem. Just to confirm, redownloading and reinstalling the app did not fix the issue for me. Exact same problem persists. I have checked wifi connection, cleared memory, cleared some room (just in case though I have 10GB free now, so that's not it) and rebooted iPad. None of these fix the problem.

To other posters, if you select purchase again, having already bought the episode (or bundle) app store will ask you to purchase but if you confirm it will then pop up with a message to say that you have already purchased and can download the content for free. You can't and won't be charged twice so don't worry :)

We need Telltale to offer a solution here, have tried absolutely everything on my end. Recent app reviews in the app store are all saying they're having issues so it seems to be a common problem... Looks pretty bad for telltale across all platforms though by the looks of this forum. Surely it isn't that hard to make an app such as this work, given their experience in episodic story games!
  • edited September 2012
    Strangely, after a couple of days of trying, with no luck and much frustration, tried again today and it worked straight away. I'm not sure whether telltale have made any changes their end but I'd recommend trying again. Let's just hope this doesn't happen with episodes 3-5!
  • edited September 2012
    Telltale, please let us know you're working to fix this!?

4 days, 20+ attempts and still I cannot download this game on my iPad, this is really frustrating.
    I've tried shutting down and rebooting, adjusted settings to stop my iPad sleeping, switched between apps whilst it's downloading, stood next to my router, (even though I know this isn't the problem) but never got beyond 50% before 'connection lost' message pops up.
    I really regret buying all episodes in good faith now with all the time this is taking up. Has anyone managed to get a refund from Telltale? Or got any response from them to this problem?
  • edited September 2012
    Hi, i'm from Chile and i have the same problem with the episode 2 , just stop in 95.5 !
    It's so stupid and anoying. Please someone help us.
    I've got iPad 3 ...
    Sorry for my bad english
    Heeeeelp
  • edited September 2012
    so after i don't know how long, it finally downloaded it :D

if you have this problem you should just keep trying to download it a couple of times a day and hope it will download it.

and i hope, they will have this fixed by the time they release ep3.
  • edited September 2012
    I have tried countless times to download episode 2 from my ipad but never succeed. Tried re-download and re-install but did not work at all.

Telltale PLEASE OFFER A SOLUTION!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • edited September 2012
    So I got it working, played a few mins into the 2nd episode and then dropped my ipad and cracked my screen. Got new ipad but the 2nd ep didn't transfer over so now I have save game in ep 2 (had to play through ep 1 again!) and can't download the thing again.

This is ballz, surely whatever the problem is, is one coder for one afternoon or one sys admin for 15 minutes. Why on earth wouldn't they fix this on release?
  • edited September 2012
    it only gets up to 3% for me and its sooo annoyed. I promise you it is now my 30th attempt!
  • edited September 2012
    I have been trying to download the second episode for a week since I bought the game but can never be more than 63%.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee at least put a "resume download" option so I don't have to start all over again.
  • edited September 2012
    Same problem here. Tried several times during the past three days using different WLAN connections, but I never get more than 2%.

Is there no help or support from Telltale???
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah omg right. It's terrible! They have got to fix this!
  • edited September 2012
    It's funny that eventhough everywhere in the internet you can find people, having this problem, Telltale still doesn't think it's necessary to reply to its customers.

I don't care about the money for Episode 2. I just think its a bad company decision to not answer your current and future customers. If Telltale doesn't (at least) acknowledge this issue than I will definetily not buy any Telltale game in the future.
  • edited September 2012
    having the same problem. keeps saying coming soon.They wont even respond and thats the sad part.
  • edited September 2012
    I just bought the multiple episode pack for iOS and I can't even get the download option to turn up! Still says coming soon. What gives???
  • edited September 2012
    yesterday i bought the second episode but everytime i start the download it is just going to quit after a while and throw me the message wich says that i have lost my connection.
    but when i go back to my homescreen i have full wifi connection.

i even had the game quit downloading at stupid moments like
    99.555%
    87.404%
    it is anoying and i just can't download episode 2.

this is probably a problem with my phone or the wifi connection here.
    but if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it
    i'm using a iphone 4s
    ~yellowrazor[/QUOTE

Samething here. It took me all day, but I finally got it at 10PM at night!
    The episode is GOOD, so keep trying?

Does anyone know when Episode 3 will be available for IOS?
  • edited September 2012
    When is episode 3 ready for IOS?
  • edited January 2013
    Are people still having issues with this?

I have just downloaded the Free App and played the first episode to then purchase the package through the App Store with zero issues to do with my internet connection, whilst previous apps I have downloaded today have downloaded perfectly.

I am using an iPad 3

Thanks in advance!
  • edited March 2013
    Why who created the game dont offer a solution and don't answer? The education , especially for who pay, is a unknown way? ^.^
  • edited March 2013
    Still not working and no reply from Teltale for a solution!
    Honteux!!!!!
  • @doomedoasis You can download it if you change store to US.

having the same problem. keeps saying coming soon.They wont even respond and thats the sad part.

• How i can change store to US??

• Just purchased episode 2. Can't download. It stays at 0%. I just removed and re-downloaded the game. Still having the problem. The game tells me I lost connection but that is not true since I just re-downloaded the entire app. My wifi connection works perfectly fine.

Please fix this issue.

• Gutted I just paid for this.

I can't believe this issue has been going on for over a year! Telltale have proven they can't manage games and I certainly won't be buying anymore titles from them!

• tronixtronix Telltale Alumni

You can try this unofficial workaround.

• I hardly ever play games on my ipad but really got in to this game and was loving every moment of it until I bought episode 2 from apple App Store and the game would not download. Have tried multiple times and re loaded the game. I think it is horrendous that this company is not doing anything about it. I never pay for games ever but this game was that good I was so looking forward to playing. It does not even half download it just gets stuck, then the app goes in to a lag type mode.

Can someone from this company message on here with an explanation as to why as this is totally unfair and is not a way to treat your customers by not replying to any of these comments :-(

• Hey im having the same problem as everyone else. when you deleted it then redownloaded it, did you have to purchase the game again? Please tell me as soon as possible because i really want to play and not have waisted my money. So please help me

sprinkl0r posted: »

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you are logged on to the same account that you originally purchased the game, you can go through the purchase process again, and when you hit the 'Buy' button, it will alert you that you've already purchased this game, and it should allow you to download it again for no extra cost.

yellowrazor posted: »

re downloading the app didn't work for me... well i don't really know. i have re installed the app but now it says that i have to buy it agai

• I think it has to do with internal memory problem. I had to factory reset my phone before I could download episode two. I have spent so much just for this game

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies, can you please clarify if you are still experiencing an issue with the game application not downloading an episode? If so, can you please clarify the device you are currently using?

mecusmecus posted: »

I think it has to do with internal memory problem. I had to factory reset my phone before I could download episode two. I have spent so much just for this game

• The episode 2 is still not downloading it just stuck after 3% plz rectify this.
    I am currently using Iphone 4

My apologies, can you please clarify if you are still experiencing an issue with the game application not downloading an episode? If so, can you please clarify the device you are currently using?

This discussion has been closed.