Riddles

Comments

• edited August 2008
    First baseman?
  • edited August 2008
    Who. Who is on first.
  • edited August 2008
    Jim and Amy were in an unusual horse race, whoevers horse came last was the winner. After Jim and Amy moved few feet their friend Jonathan whispered to Jim an Amy. After that Jim and Amy immediately jumped on a horse and started going. Jonathan swears he did not change the rules, what did Jonathan tell them?
  • edited August 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    ?What don't you want to have,
    but if you have it, you don't want to lose it?

Virginity? Wait, that's dumb...

Err...

A rugby ball? Yeah... too far fetched.

Hmmm, i'll keep thinking.

BTW, this thread FTW. I used to love these and new tons of them, but that was many years ago.
  • edited August 2008
    Jim and Amy were in an unusual horse race, whoevers horse came last was the winner. After a few minutes of them moving a few feet their friend Jonathan whispered to each of them. After that Jim and Amy immediately jumped on a horse and started going. Jonathan swears he did not change the rules, what did Jonathan tell them?
    "Hey, guys! The ice cream truck is here!"
  • edited August 2008
    Jim and Amy were in an unusual horse race, whoevers horse came last was the winner. After a few minutes of them moving a few feet their friend Jonathan whispered to each of them. After that Jim and Amy immediately jumped on a horse and started going. Jonathan swears he did not change the rules, what did Jonathan tell them?

They both jumped on the same horse and therefore they both won?

That's not it is it?

What a great riddle.
  • edited August 2008

Sorry, I'm not understanding this ridde at all.
    Who/what started moving a few feet?
    Again, who/what?

I'm not sure what we are meant to be solving here when we don't know the outcome of the race or anything. Perhaps I'm just being dumb.
  • edited August 2008

Easy.They jumped on the OTHER'S HORSE.
  • edited August 2008
    Again, who/what?

I'm not sure what we are meant to be solving here when we don't know the outcome of the race or anything. Perhaps I'm just being dumb.

The race was whoever got last wins the prize/money. So at the start of the race they didn't move. One of their friends (Jonathon) told them something and they took off. The riddle is what did Jonathon tell them that made them race to the finish. I don't have an answer I was just explaining.
  • edited August 2008
    Again, who/what?

Fixed. By the way does it even matter?

Correct.
  • edited August 2008
    Fixed. By the way does it even matter?

Well, yeah, 'cus I was finding it hard to understand what was actually going on. But it's been answered now, so I suppose it doesn't matter. Thanks anyway!
  • edited August 2008
    Jim and Amy were in an unusual horse race, whoevers horse came last was the winner. After Jim and Amy moved few feet their friend Jonathan whispered to Jim an Amy. After that Jim and Amy immediately jumped on a horse and started going. Jonathan swears he did not change the rules, what did Jonathan tell them?

ALTERNATE ANSWER: The "prize" was a good pummelling.
  • edited August 2008

Argh... Of course. :D

Here's an oldie I remembered:

The more you take away, the larger it becomes. What is it?
  • edited August 2008
    No14 wrote: »
    Argh... Of course. :D

Here's an oldie I remembered:

The more you take away, the larger it becomes. What is it?

It's a hole!
  • edited August 2008
    A hole? (:

Bonus edit: Curse you Threepwood ):
  • edited August 2008
    When the bus to Las Vegas stopped at its destination, there wasn't a single person on the bus. How is this possible?
  • edited August 2008
    When the bus to Las Vegas stopped at its destination, there wasn't a single person on the bus. How is this possible?

Because everyone got off?
  • edited August 2008
    Because everyone got off?
    Not even close.
  • edited August 2008

They were all married?
  • edited August 2008
    Alien abduction.
  • edited August 2008
    They were all married?
    Yes, correct.
  • edited August 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    A hole? (:

Bonus edit: Curse you Threepwood ):

You guys got it :D

Ok, this one is completely retarded, but its the only other one I remember (don't even know if i'm telling it right):

You're standing on a rocky river-bank.
    The river is full of menacing looking crocodiles.
    On the other side of the river you spot a banana-tree with a monkey on top happily eating a banana.
    You decide you want one.
    There are no bridges. What do you do?
  • edited August 2008
    You guys got it :D

Ok, this one is completely retarded, but its the only other one I remember (don't even know if i'm telling it right):

You're standing on a rocky river-bank.
    The river is full of menacing looking crocodiles.
    On the other side of the river you spot a banana-tree with a monkey on top happily eating a banana.
    You decide you want one.
    There are no bridges. What do you do?

Ask the monkey for one?
  • edited August 2008
    Ask the monkey for one?

Hum... no. Be more persuasive.
  • edited August 2008
    here's a riddle for ya

2 people were driving together, mister richard and his son, Arthur. Suddenly they get in a car crash and Mr. Richard dies instantly, and his son gets hurt badly, they are rushed to the hospital, an old surgeon walks in for Mr. Richard's operation. The old surgeon turns to Arthur and says, i'm sorry but i cannot operate, he is my son, Arthur.

can you solve it?
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    here's a riddle for ya

2 people were driving together, mister richard and his son, Arthur. Suddenly they get in a car crash and Mr. Richard dies instantly, and his son gets hurt badly, they are rushed to the hospital, an old surgeon walks in for Mr. Richard's operation. The old surgeon turns to Arthur and says, i'm sorry but i cannot operate, he is my son, Arthur.

can you solve it?

The surgeon is Arthur's mom...:rolleyes:
  • edited August 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    ?What don't you want to have,
    but if you have it, you don't want to lose it?

Oh! OH! Is it a lawsuit?

I'm watching COPS and a police officer was talking about that court of law mumbo jumbo and then it hit me! Lol
  • edited August 2008
    The surgeon is Arthur's mom...:rolleyes:

ANG she was Mr. Richard's mother, good try though.
    next!

A plane is heading for Canada but it breaks down, half of the plane lands in Canada and the other lands in New York, where would you burry the survivors?
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    ANG she was Mr. Richard's mother, good try though.
    next!

A plane is heading for Canada but it breaks down, half of the plane lands in Canada and the other lands in New York, where would you burry the survivors?

"burry the survivors" = WRONG

:D
  • edited August 2008
    You wouldn't?
  • edited August 2008
    Nothing assures you they would all be Canadians.
  • edited August 2008
    ang!

keeeeeeep tryin :)
  • edited August 2008
    No, no. Someguyfromazoo got it already. You don't bury the survivors.
    Although, if the plane lands partly in New York and partly in Canada, I doubt there'd be any survivors.
  • edited August 2008
    Hum... no. Be more persuasive.

yell at the monkey you will throw him in the river if he doesn't give you a banana?
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Someguyfromazoo got it already.

Hey!... Me! Me, me, me, me, me.

Lol
  • edited August 2008
    Hey!... Me! Me, me, me, me, me.

Lol
    Oh, hey. I guess so.
    I saw the post and assumed you were talking about the two r's in "burry."
  • edited August 2008
    yell at the monkey you will throw him in the river if he doesn't give you a banana?

Even MORE persuasive.

"You're standing on a rocky river-bank."

Throw a rock at the monkey and he'll throw you a banana!

Because, you know... monkeys... imitate people...

I warned you it was retarded.
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Oh, hey. I guess so.
    I saw the post and assumed you were talking about the two r's in "burry."

But... "burry" does have two r's... :confused:

:D:D:D
  • edited August 2008
    Even MORE persuasive.

"You're standing on a rocky river-bank."

Throw a rock at the monkey and he'll throw you a banana!

Because, you know... monkeys... imitate people...

I warned you it was retarded.

I doubt he will sacrifice a banana...
  • edited August 2008
    I doubt he will sacrifice a banana...

He doesn't have anything else.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.