Error 101.exe

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

dogzilla350 posted: »

Hello my walking dead isn't working and every solution here is not working I got it on steam as a gift from a friend on the Halloween sale

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

please delete the prefs.prop files from
    C:\Users\family\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    and
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam2\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

Also delete the DINPUT8.DLL from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam2\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead

Then verify the game cache files](https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335).

Card name: AMD RADEON HD 6450
    Driver Date/Size: 1/6/2011 00:01:14, 708608 bytes

I suggest you also update your graphics driver by installing the latest Catalyst software suite (not the beta).

Then please try running the game again. If it still doesn't work, please try unplugging the usb headset.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/57irzg This is it

• I followed the instuctions but sadly it still doesn't work

• Hello, I have same problem. It was working, but after updated Windows to 8.1, I start recieve this error.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2013

Please check if the game crash creates an entry in the
    event viewer in the "Windows Logs/Application" section.
    If so, right click the entry, select "copy the details as text", and paste it in a new reply.

I followed the instuctions but sadly it still doesn't work

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

After updating to Windows 8.1 you might have to reinstall the latest graphics and sound drivers.

If that doesn't fix it, please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

burlak_evg posted: »

Hello, I have same problem. It was working, but after updated Windows to 8.1, I start recieve this error.

• http://www.sendspace.com/file/sy2z3h
    All drivers already updated.

DjNDB posted: »

After updating to Windows 8.1 you might have to reinstall the latest graphics and sound drivers. If that doesn't fix it, please follow the

• I've ran the TWD support tool, and it says everything is okay. Yet I still get "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" when I attempt to launch the game. http://www.sendspace.com/file/62min2

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Сигнатура проблемы:
    P1: WalkingDead101.exe
    P4: igdumdim32.dll

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    Name: AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series

The game crashes because it uses the integrated Intel graphics. Please check your graphics driver settings for an option to force the game to use AMD graphics.

burlak_evg posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sy2z3h All drivers already updated.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

"everything is okay" is just a message from the tool that creates the zip file at the end of the support tool run. The support tool just collects the information, it doesn't evaluate it.

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
    Shared Memory: 1632 MB

The crash is caused by your integrated graphics chip, which doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
    Intel graphics chips are not recommended and they don't work well with TTG's games.

I've ran the TWD support tool, and it says everything is okay. Yet I still get "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" when I attempt to launch the game. http://www.sendspace.com/file/62min2

• Really? It's worked with newer TTG games, but I'll work on changing it. Thank you.

"everything is okay" is just a message from the tool that creates the zip file at the end of the support tool run. The support tool just colle

• Thank you

Сигнатура проблемы: P1: WalkingDead101.exe P4: igdumdim32.dll Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Name: AMD Radeon HD 7600M S

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

In most of these cases it is. Looking at it some more, you should try deleting the "SyncFs" folder from:
    C:\Users\owner\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

There's also a slim chance that installing the latest Intel graphics driver helps. That's a bit tricky though, and you should know how to recover to a running system in case the driver doesn't work as expected.

Really? It's worked with newer TTG games, but I'll work on changing it. Thank you.

• Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 14/11/2013 7:49:12 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: family-PC
    Description:
    Faulting application name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2013.4.4.20609, time stamp: 0x515df55b
    Faulting module name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2013.4.4.20609, time stamp: 0x515df55b
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0017a4c0
    Faulting process id: 0xbec
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cee11643fedfe0
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam2\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam2\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    Report Id: a1fe506d-4d09-11e3-ba5a-d4bed9cb18f9
    Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
    family-PC

WalkingDead101.exe
    515df55b
    WalkingDead101.exe
    515df55b
    c0000005
    0017a4c0
    bec
    01cee11643fedfe0
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam2\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam2\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    a1fe506d-4d09-11e3-ba5a-d4bed9cb18f9

Please check if the game crash creates an entry in the event viewer in the "Windows Logs/Application" section. If so, right click the entry, select "copy the details as text", and paste it in a new reply.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I am not sure what causes it. The error code usually comes up if it's graphics related, but your graphics card should be fine with the latest drivers. I think it might be some other software interfering with the game. Please try starting it during a clean boot as described below. If that doesn't work either, please run the support tool again so i can see the latest state.

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. If running the game on Steam, re-check the "Steam Client Service"
    8. Click on OK
    9. Click Restart.
    10. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your settings by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer

Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 14/11/2013 7:49:12 PM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100)

• The game still doesn't work I don't know if it is my computer or just steam. I don't know what else I should do

I am not sure what causes it. The error code usually comes up if it's graphics related, but your graphics card should be fine with the latest

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I just remembered a rare issue. Does it crash after the "Click to Continue" screen?
    Either way, you should try if it works while you are disconnected from the internet.

The game still doesn't work I don't know if it is my computer or just steam. I don't know what else I should do

• Hi I've recently bought the walking dead off of steam because it was on sale as well as the 400 days dlc. After downloading the 3.6Gb file to my 1Tb external hard drive with about 500Gb left on it, which also includes over 10 other games including arma 3 and borderlands 2 which i can play on about medium to high settings with some decent physx physics to. i am prompted with a black screen and an error101.exe message which somewhat confused me. So after reading through some forums and telltales support site and trying a few tips which include: compatibility change and administrative usage, downloading file DINPUT8.DLL and placing it in the steamapps common file, deleting and reinstalling the game, as well as verifying the content cache, i also ran the TWD support tool with link provided with results of test http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8i77l , i checked the firewalls and there was no outgoing abd the inbound seemed fine. my system specs are is provided: Operating system - Windows 7 home premium x64 bit, Processor - Intel core i3 2100 cpu @ 3.10GHz, Graphics card - ATI Radeon HD 4670 512Mb cache, Motherboard - Asustek P8H67-M pro series. im stumped as what to do next if someone could help that would be great. thanks

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please delete the DINPUT8.DLL from:
    F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead

Then verify the game cache files](https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335).

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
    Driver Date/Size: 10/25/2011 18:04:28, 892416 bytes

You should also update your graphics driver by installing the latest Catalyst Software Suite.

If it still crashes afterwards please unplug your headset and any other non essential usb device, and try running the game again.

Please also check if the game crash creates an entry in the
    If so, right click the entry, select "copy the details as text", and paste it in a new reply.

• Ok so i deleted the DINPUT8.DLL file and made sure that my graphics card was up to date same thing, took out the headphones usb plug and the same thing happened same error message pops up.

Faulting application name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2013.4.4.20609, time stamp: 0x515df55b
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea8e7
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000ce753
    Faulting process id: 0x1238
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cee46c4cf6f16d
    Faulting application path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 8e521d3a-505f-11e3-97f8-f46d04cd2a33

and that was the report of the error that the game crash had brought up

Please delete the DINPUT8.DLL from: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead Then verify the game cache files](https://support.st

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

That exception code shows up when steam is running in compatibility mode.

Please check the properties of the Steam.exe, your Steam icons, and the games .exe files, and disable any compatibility mode settings.
    Sometimes compatibility mode is checked, but is grayed out. Then you have to click on "Change settings for all users" at the bottom to disable the checkbox.
    Afterwards try if the game works.

If you made absolutely sure, that the method mentioned above didn't work to disable it, you can try disabling it in the registry. Then restart the computer and try running the game again.

BCBuddy posted: »

Ok so i deleted the DINPUT8.DLL file and made sure that my graphics card was up to date same thing, took out the headphones usb plug and the s

• Yes it does, imma try it

I just remembered a rare issue. Does it crash after the "Click to Continue" screen? Either way, you should try if it works while you are disconnected from the internet.

• Good news it works but it always disconnects when the internet gets reconnected is their a way for me just to play the game as is

Yes it does, imma try it

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

The only fix that has worked for some of the affected people is updating the Mainboards BIOS. You should be able to find information about that on the DELL support Website.

Good news it works but it always disconnects when the internet gets reconnected is their a way for me just to play the game as is

• some thing happens to me

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

some thing happens to me

• Hello, I have same problem. It was working, but after updated Windows to 8.1, I start recieve this error : "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working". All drivers already updated. http://www.sendspace.com/file/c7kghi

• Hey got this game with the Spring (Or Autumn, wherever you live) Sale and I've been having these issues. I did all that and got this http://www.sendspace.com/file/wyzwz5
    I've edited the registry and made sure it isn't running in compatibility mode.

Thanks in advance for your help

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

You have a lot of files in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead
    That don't belong there and could break the game.

Please delete all files except
    DirectX
    fmodex.dll
    installscript.vdf
    Pack
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    WalkingDead101.exe

Then please verify the game cache files.

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    Name: AMD Radeon HD 7700M Series

Also make sure that the game uses the AMD graphics chips by checking the settings in the catalyst control center.

guiaurelio posted: »

Hello, I have same problem. It was working, but after updated Windows to 8.1, I start recieve this error : "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working". All drivers already updated. http://www.sendspace.com/file/c7kghi

• I did this and dosen't work. "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" still happening.

You have a lot of files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead That don't belong there and could break the game.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please check if the game crash creates an entry in the
    If so, right click the entry, select "copy the details as text", and paste them in a new reply.

I did this and dosen't work. "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" still happening.

• Nome do Log: Application
    Fonte: Application Error
    Data: 29/11/2013 02:05:58
    Identificação do Evento:1000
    Categoria da Tarefa:(100)
    Nível: Erro
    Palavras-chave:Clássico
    Usuário: N/D
    Computador: GuiLherMe
    Descrição:
    Nome do aplicativo com falha: WalkingDead101.exe, versão: 2013.4.4.20609, carimbo de data/hora: 0x515df55b
    Nome do módulo com falha: igdumdim32.dll, versão: 10.18.10.3316, carimbo de data/hora: 0x524affd3
    Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
    Deslocamento da falha: 0x0002d8a5
    ID do processo com falha: 0x1c50
    Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01ceecb84c08fd60
    Caminho do aplicativo com falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igdumdim32.dll
    ID do Relatório: 8cadd082-58ab-11e3-bf18-b8763fcebe5e
    Nome completo do pacote com falha:
    ID do aplicativo relativo ao pacote com falha:
    XML de Evento:

0x80000000000000

Application
    GuiLherMe

WalkingDead101.exe
    515df55b
    igdumdim32.dll
    524affd3
    c0000005
    0002d8a5
    1c50
    01ceecb84c08fd60
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igdumdim32.dll
    8cadd082-58ab-11e3-bf18-b8763fcebe5e

Please check if the game crash creates an entry in the event viewer in the "Windows Logs/Application" section. If so, right click the entry, select "copy the details as text", and paste them in a new reply.

• Nome do Log: Application
    Fonte: Windows Error Reporting
    Data: 29/11/2013 02:06:01
    Identificação do Evento:1001
    Categoria da Tarefa:Nenhum
    Nível: Informações
    Palavras-chave:Clássico
    Usuário: N/D
    Computador: GuiLherMe
    Descrição:
    Falha no bucket , tipo 0
    Nome do Evento: APPCRASH
    Resposta: Não disponível
    ID do CAB: 0

Assinatura do problema:
    P2: 2013.4.4.20609
    P3: 515df55b
    P5: 10.18.10.3316
    P6: 524affd3
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 0002d8a5
    P9:
    P10:

Arquivos anexados:
    C:\Users\GuilhermeAurélio\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD85C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

Esses arquivos podem estar disponíveis em:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_WalkingDead101.e_2075688556646a31e99c6ff6a4ed788a41ec0b6_a1e99b1b_0a27e164

Símbolo da análise:
    Verificando novamente solução: 0
    ID do Relatório: 8cadd082-58ab-11e3-bf18-b8763fcebe5e
    Status do Relatório: 97
    Bucket com hash:
    XML de Evento:

0x80000000000000

Application
    GuiLherMe

APPCRASH
    Não disponível
    WalkingDead101.exe
    515df55b
    igdumdim32.dll
    524affd3
    c0000005
    0002d8a5

C:\Users\GuilhermeAurélio\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD85C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_WalkingDead101.e_2075688556646a31e99c6ff6a4ed788a41ec0b6_a1e99b1b_0a27e164

8cadd082-58ab-11e3-bf18-b8763fcebe5e

Nome do Log: Application Fonte: Application Error Data: 29/11/2013 02:05:58 Identificação do Evento:1000 Categoria da T

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Assinatura do problema:

The game is using your intel graphics chip, which makes it crash. As I said earlier, make sure that the game uses the AMD graphics chip by checking the settings in the catalyst control center.

Nome do Log: Application Fonte: Windows Error Reporting Data: 29/11/2013 02:06:01 Identificação do Evento:1001 Categori

• edited November 2013

Please help!! Got Walking Dead yesterday but still getting crash upon start up.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y0mu3z

I have tried:
    -Turning off and on compatibility.
    -Running as administrator.
    -Putting the dinput8.dll file in the directory.
    -Reinstalling/restarting.
    -Checking steam isn't in compatibility mode.

Thanks!

• I already did this... And it's using the AMD graphics chip... I try with other games and works fine... Alan Wake, Battlefield 3, BioShock, Dead Island, Grand Theft Auto IV, Left 4 Dead 2, Mafia II... All of them works fine with the AMD graphics chip.

Assinatura do problema: P1: WalkingDead101.exe P4: igdumdim32.dll The game is using your intel graphics chip, which makes it cra

• If i delete igdumdim32.dll it's gonna work ??

I already did this... And it's using the AMD graphics chip... I try with other games and works fine... Alan Wake, Battlefield 3, BioShock, De

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

That would most likely break your system.
    I notice that you also have a TV connected to your notebook. Please try unplugging it and everything else non-essential.

If i delete igdumdim32.dll it's gonna work ??

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Problem signature:
    P7: c0000374
    P8: 000ce753

Although you already checked, according to your crash data steam seems to be in compatibility mode. Please check again using the instructions below.

Also make sure that game uses the NVIDIA GeForce 610M by checking the settings in the nvidia control panel.

Please check the properties of the Steam.exe, your Steam icons, and the games .exe files, and disable any compatibility mode settings.
    Sometimes compatibility mode is checked, but is grayed out. Then you have to click on "Change settings for all users" at the bottom to disable the checkbox.
    Afterwards try if the game works.

If you made absolutely sure, that the method mentioned above didn't work to disable it, you can try disabling it in the registry. Then restart the computer and try running the game again.

jrobertson7 posted: »

Hey got this game with the Spring (Or Autumn, wherever you live) Sale and I've been having these issues. I did all that and got this http://ww

This discussion has been closed.