Error 101.exe

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please try disconnecting from the internet before starting the game.

Windows 8.1 Pro Preview 64-bit (6.3, Build 9431)

Running a non-final Windows could also be cause problems.

Pellbuerro posted: »

Please help!! Got Walking Dead yesterday but still getting crash upon start up. http://www.sendspace.com/file/y0mu3z OS: Windows 8.1 pro

• I try and stil the same... Those are the errors that appears http://www.sendspace.com/file/4dkh1s

DjNDB posted: »

That would most likely break your system. I notice that you also have a TV connected to your notebook. Please try unplugging it and everything else non-essential.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I am not sure what causes it. You can try some things though.

Please rename the savegame folder
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    to deactivate it.

If that doesn't work, please create a new local Windows user account with only characters from a-z and try playing there.
    If it still fails to run, please run the support tool again, in the new windows account.

guiaurelio posted: »

I try and stil the same... Those are the errors that appears http://www.sendspace.com/file/4dkh1s

• Thanks for the reply, unfortunately disconnecting from the internet didn't work.

Any other ideas? Or do you definitely think it's because I have a non-final Windows?

Cheers!

Please try disconnecting from the internet before starting the game. Windows 8.1 Pro Preview 64-bit (6.3, Build 9431) Running a non-final Windows could also be cause problems.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I am not sure, and I have no other ideas at the moment.

Pellbuerro posted: »

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately disconnecting from the internet didn't work. Any other ideas? Or do you definitely think it's because I have a non-final Windows? Cheers!

• Ok, well cheers for the reply all the same.

Please tell me if you come up with anything else.

I am not sure, and I have no other ideas at the moment.

• It doesn't work too... Here's the support tool in the new windows account = http://www.sendspace.com/file/xpe74j

I am not sure what causes it. You can try some things though. Please rename the savegame folder %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The

• I try to rename the savegame folder and after delete the savegame folder. But when I run the game, the game still crash and the gamefolder appears again...

It doesn't work too... Here's the support tool in the new windows account = http://www.sendspace.com/file/xpe74j

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I forgot you were on steam. It automatically downloads the old savegames again.
    Please disable steam cloud for TWD (In Steam, right click TWD and select "properties". Open the tab "updates" and remove the checkbox from "Enable Steam cloud synchronization for TWD).
    Then try removing the savegame folder again. If that doesn't work, please replace the prefs.prop in
    with the one in this zip archive.

One other thing your should try is going to the dell homepage and downloading and installing the latest Intel and AMD video drivers for your notebook model. Make sure you get the versions for Windows 8.1.

I try to rename the savegame folder and after delete the savegame folder. But when I run the game, the game still crash and the gamefolder appears again...

• I went to the dell homepage and download and install the latest Intel and AMD video drivers... And it works fine !!!
    But I still have to put the Windows 7 Compatibility... But it's ok, now the game it's working !!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! Your The BEST dude !!!!

I forgot you were on steam. It automatically downloads the old savegames again. Please disable steam cloud for TWD (In Steam, right click TWD

• http://www.sendspace.com/file/jat8xx sorry here is correct one

Ukseman posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iq8yp5 link here

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

P1: WalkingDead101.exe
    P2: 2013.4.4.20609
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 0017a4c0

I am not sure what causes this crash, so you can only try some general things that helped with similar issues. It would be great If you could keep track of what you change each time before you try running the game, so if it works we know the cause.

Please disable steam cloud for TWD (In Steam, right click TWD and select "properties". Open the tab "updates" and remove the checkbox from "Enable Steam cloud synchronization for TWD).

Then delete the savegame folder

And delete the prefs.prop from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

Then try if the game works.

If ti doesn't, verify the game cache files and try running the game again.

In some cases verifying was not enough, but uninstalling and reinstalling the game helped.

You can also try unplugging all non-essential USB devices.

Further you are running a beta graphics driver. Please try installing the latest stable driver.

Ukseman posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jat8xx sorry here is correct one

• Hello. I cannot get this game to run either and I've tried a lot of suggested fixes. I decided to do the data thing and have uploaded the zip file here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cc05lg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M
    Dedicated Memory: 241 MB

Your graphics chip doesn't have enough memory, which could be a problem.

You do have a bunch of savegames though.

Did the game work on this computer before?
    If so, where does it crash?

Also to prevent future problems, please rename the prefs.prop in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\WalkingDead103
    to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

Hello. I cannot get this game to run either and I've tried a lot of suggested fixes. I decided to do the data thing and have uploaded the zip file here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cc05lg Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi, thanks for the reply.

I got the game to work once when I turned off the internet and played it offline. The problem with that though is that Steam achievements and saves never show up.

The game crashes in two ways: 1st. (The crash report I uploaded) I'll start the game and it loads up just fine, start new game and then once I hit play for Episode 1 it goes into a loading screen and then crashes.

2nd. I'll get to the episode screen, turn off my internet, hit play for Episode 1, when it's done loading Episode 1 I'll pause the game and turn on my internet. It'll play fine until the officer dude mentions that Lee's wife may have been the wrong wife. Once Lee responds it crashes.

If I rename the prefs.prop and it still crashes, should I upload another report?

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M Dedicated Memory: 241 MB Your graphics chip doesn't have enough memory, which could be a problem.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Renaming the prefs.prop is not about the crashes. Having it there could cause savegame issues if you play episode 3.

I am not sure what's happening there. I suggest you first verify the game cache files.

Does the game still work if you play offline or does it also crash at some point?
    Do I understand correctly, that the savegames don't work if you play offline, or is this resolved with the prefs.prop renaming?

Please also check if the game crash creates an entry in the
    event viewer in the "Windows Logs/Application" section.
    If so, right click the entry, select "copy the details as text", and paste it in a new reply.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I got the game to work once when I turned off the internet and played it offline. The problem with that though i

• edited December 2013

All files successfully verified.

Game still works if offline with no crashes. But no steam achievements and no the saved games that are played offline do not show up unless offline. So if I start the game online, the games that I played while offline do not show up.

There were two entries:

One. Level: Error / Source: Application Error

Faulting application name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2013.4.4.20609, time stamp: 0x515df55b
    Faulting module name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2013.4.4.20609, time stamp: 0x515df55b
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0017a2c0
    Faulting process id: 0x24e0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cef8f3f2b1827f
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    Report Id: 4ba4ef46-64e7-11e3-ad88-001a4b7c0276

Two. Level: Information / Source: Windows Error Reporting

Fault bucket 3647724255, type 1
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P3: 515df55b
    P4: WalkingDead101.exe
    P5: 2013.4.4.20609
    P6: 515df55b
    P8: 0017a2c0
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8A3.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_WalkingDead101.e_7c21eb363dc428c0f66438e1eafb7f56af571a_fc5630ad

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 4ba4ef46-64e7-11e3-ad88-001a4b7c0276
    Report Status: 0

Renaming the prefs.prop is not about the crashes. Having it there could cause savegame issues if you play episode 3. I am not sure what's h

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Maybe that helps with the savegames not showing up while online.

Also did you already make sure that steam and the game are not running in compatibility mode, as described above?

If that's not the case, it might be some variation of a different rare issue. A few people had crashes right after the "click to continue" screen, unless they were offline. I did a lot of debugging and it turned out the only thing that fixed it for some users was a BIOS update.

All files successfully verified. Game still works if offline with no crashes. But no steam achievements and no the saved games that are pl

• Thank you for your continuing analysis and help with this issue.

The un-checking of cloud sync didn't do anything with the saves from what I could tell.

Steam is not running in compatibility mode and the game isn't either, but the game does have the administrator shield on the icon even though the game doesn't have the run as administrator checked. Is that a problem?

BIOS update didn't resolve the issue either. Since I can play in offline though, will the 400 DLC and next season be able to correspond with my game that I play offline? Also, is there any way I can have my offline game update to steam once online, such as saves, achievements, and time played the game? Since none of these things currently update at all from offline play.

Please disable steam cloud for TWD (In Steam, right click TWD and select "properties". Open the tab "updates" and remove the checkbox from "En

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Your offline/online savegame issue is entirely new to me and I can't imagine what would cause that, so I can't make any predictions on what might work or not.
    Normally the game doesn't care whether it is online or offline, the savegames are always the same.

As far as I know there is no way of getting achievements or playtime into steam after playing offline.

Running as administrator should not cause problems, but exceptions are always possible.
    Do you get the User Account Control Prompt when you start the game?

I don't have any reasonable ideas left. There's are a few desperate moves you can try though:

• Setting all the games graphics options to the lowest setting/off.
    • Creating another windows user account (with administrator privileges) and starting the game there
    • Completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

In this situation it's probably also best if you make a backup copy of your savegame folder
    every now and then.

If the game works in the new windows account you can also try copying the old savegame folder to the new user to see if it still works.

Thank you for your continuing analysis and help with this issue. The un-checking of cloud sync didn't do anything with the saves from what

• I only get the User Account Control Prompt if I double click WalkingDead101.exe but not when I open it through Steam.

Still not working though.

Your offline/online savegame issue is entirely new to me and I can't imagine what would cause that, so I can't make any predictions on what mi

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Does it make a difference whether you are connected to the internet wirelessly or via cable?

I fear all that's left I can suggest you is playing offline or playing on a different computer.

I only get the User Account Control Prompt if I double click WalkingDead101.exe but not when I open it through Steam. Still not working though.

• Damn I am really sorry I forgot to reply but it was fixed after disabling it in the registry. Thanks so much and sorry for not replying

Problem signature: P1: WalkingDead101.exe P7: c0000374 P8: 000ce753 Although you already checked, according to your crash dat

• edited December 2013

Hi. I am receiving the "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error. Please help!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0448t6

All compatibility boxes are unchecked.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Problem signature:
    P4: fmodex.dll
    P5: 0.4.38.4
    P6: 4ee56056
    P8: 000bdbfc

Your crashes are sound related. Please install the latest sound driver for windows 8.1. While you are at it, I would also update the graphics drivers. It's probably easiest if you use Lenovo's update tool.

If it still crashes after updating everything, please run the support tool again.

eightb8ll posted: »

Hi. I am receiving the "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error. Please help! http://www.sendspace.com/file/0448t6 All compatibility boxes are unchecked.

• Hi. I am receiving the "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error. I already unchecked the compatibility boxes. Please help!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d5e2bx

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

The info is incomplete. There was a bug in the support tool I just fixed. Please download the latest version and run it again.

ricardo90 posted: »

Hi. I am receiving the "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error. I already unchecked the compatibility boxes. Please help! http://www.sendspace.com/file/d5e2bx

• DjNDB posted: »

The info is incomplete. There was a bug in the support tool I just fixed. Please download the latest version and run it again.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2013

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    Name: AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series

Assinatura do problema:
    P4: igdumdim32.dll
    P8: 00080147

The game crashes because it uses the integrated intel graphics. Please check your graphics card settings for an option to enforce the use of the AMD graphics chip.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ep9mry

• Do you know how to do that?

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Name: AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series Assinatura do problema: P1: WalkingDead101.exe P4: igd

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Not in detail, but here's a site that describes how to configure AMD switchable graphics.

Do you know how to do that?

• edited December 2013

Hi! im having a similar problem, also with steam but my game keeps crashing during the dialogue in episode 4 when they are down by the river talking to that woman, it crashes every time she talks about how shes been all over the city looking for stuff.

Im having so much fun with the game but knowing me if i have to go trough that dialogue many more times now it will probably get uninstalled and never played again :/

Please help!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6uw5cc <--- twd support thinge

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Hang
    Date: 20.12.2013 23:40:48
    Event ID: 1002
    Task Category: (101)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Kim-PC
    Description:
    The program WalkingDead101.exe version 2013.4.4.20609 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
    Process ID: 1150
    Start Time: 01cefdd35135f88b
    Termination Time: 51
    Application Path: d:\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    Report Id:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
    Kim-PC

WalkingDead101.exe
    01cefdd35135f88b
    d:\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe

55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

Dont know if this is the same as above but here it comes anyway :)

Log Name: Application
    Source: Windows Error Reporting
    Date: 20.12.2013 23:40:48
    Event ID: 1001
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Kim-PC
    Description:
    Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: AppHangB1
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P4: b5d2
    P5: 2048
    P6:
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7B55.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
    C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_WalkingDead101.e_a2ad3ade33d38fa5f7cf87049a1ae2393d79c0_12c68100

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: c4224f89-69c7-11e3-9b48-f46d04b01814
    Report Status: 0
    Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
    Kim-PC

AppHangB1
    Not available
    WalkingDead101.exe
    515df55b
    b5d2

C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7B55.tmp.appcompat.txt

C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_WalkingDead101.e_a2ad3ade33d38fa5f7cf87049a1ae2393d79c0_12c68100

c4224f89-69c7-11e3-9b48-f46d04b01814

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I don't see a specific cause.

Please verify the game cache files.

Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Date and Size: 11/2/2010 12:33:10, 2536040 bytes

I suggest you also install the latest Realtek HDA Driver.

lommis3312 posted: »

Hi! im having a similar problem, also with steam but my game keeps crashing during the dialogue in episode 4 when they are down by the river t

• Worked like a charm, apparently there where at least two files that needed re-downloading

Thanks allot :)

I don't see a specific cause. Please verify the game cache files. Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Date and Size: 11/2/2010 12:33:10, 2536040 bytes I suggest you also install the latest Realtek HDA Driver.

• http://www.sendspace.com/file/hdnhge

Not sure what happened with the first comment.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    Name: AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M

Problem signature:
    P4: igdumdim32.dll
    P5: 10.18.10.3345
    P6: 526edd5e
    P8: 0002da35

You have two graphics chips. Intel chips don't work well with TTG's games. Please check your graphics driver's settings to make sure the game uses the AMD chip.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hdnhge Not sure what happened with the first comment.

• According to Catalyst's switchable graphics application monitor Walkingdead101.exe runs on the High Performance gpu. Pic:
    http://imgur.com/u8xJgH9

I should add that I didn't have these problems just after I bought it. But then I took a break for a month or so and meanwhile updated to Win 8.1 (64bit), so I'm suspecting that something occurred there. I've updated the drivers for the intel chip, but I can't promise that I've done the same with the AMD chip since I'm not sure if the latest update was released prior to me updating to win 8.1 or not.

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Name: AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M Problem signature: P1: WalkingDead101.exe P2: 2013.4.4.20

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Installing the latest AMD driver for Windows 8.1 is definitely something you should do.

Since the game crashes in the Intel driver though, it definitely uses it at some point. Maybe it uses them at the start and then crashes while trying to switch.
    You can look if there's a global setting that makes sure the AMD graphics are used all the time.

According to Catalyst's switchable graphics application monitor Walkingdead101.exe runs on the High Performance gpu. Pic: http://imgur.com/u8

• Hi!
    I'm having the same problem. Of the many ways to make it work, the only one actually useful has been changing the Compatibility Mode of TheWalkingDead101.exe to "Windows 98/ME", which, unfortunately, makes the game run poorly, with several stuttering moments in both video and audio.
    How could I fix this?
    I ran the TWD Support Tool, and these are the results:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/pe0dnt

I thank you in advance for any help given.

This discussion has been closed.