Worst Video Game Enemies

edited July 2009 in Forum Games
What's the worst video game enemy you can think of? Is it just unoriginal, or does it really wreck the atmosphere of the game? Post a picture of one if you can.

My vote is the Cacodemons from DOOM(yes, Pom Pom dressed up as one in last year's Halloween toon, if it seems familiar and you don't know where it's from).I mean, Id did pretty well creating a creepy atmosphere, especially for the time, and then wrecked it with these little flying circles of death.And plus, these freakin' things WON'T DIE!!!!!!!!!Here's a picture of one.

cacodemon.gif

Yeah, scary huh?(by the way, that is in fact the entire creature, not just its head)

Comments

• edited October 2008
    jrtroopa.gif
    ARG. HE SHOWS UP AT THE MOST INAPPROPRIATE TIMES.
  • edited October 2008
    jrtroopa.gif

I hate that little freak.
  • edited October 2008
    The Tire wrote: »
    I hate that little freak.
    If they were actually made out of paper, they could just hold a lighter up to him and be done with it.
  • edited October 2008
    Those Elephants with the rolling balls in Mega Man 9, Concrete Man's Stage.
    What the crap do these have to do with concrete? Why did the last one have to have death pits?
  • edited October 2008
    be-sgargyle.gif

Cheogh. (from "Blood")

Annoying. As. Hell.

Also, krauser_4.jpg

RE4's Krauser. (post-mutation, especially.)

An incredibly short time limit to both kill him and run away, a one-hit kill move that can only be dodged by a quick-time event, a ridiculously tiny damage point thanks to his mutant arm shield, and to top it off, all of his moves are fast and powerful.

I hate Krauser with every inch of my soul.
  • edited October 2008
    Sonic the Hedgehog is the worst villain ever because he has no motive for being so evil.

Doctor Robotnik just wants to develop a perpetual energy generator through the clean energy radiated from rare gems. Sonic has a nasty tendency to destroy said generators and scatter the gems all across the planet. Needless to say, he gets pissed.
  • edited October 2008
    I disliked every thing about RE4, really. I thought it was the weakest entry in the series.

In any case, my vote for worst enemy is anything that can perform a one-hit kill for any reason. One-hit kills are a cheap way to try and artificially increase a game's difficulty.
  • edited October 2008
    Oh yeah. Enemies that suck from your health and add it to theirs.Damn you, Shade Man!!
  • edited October 2008
    The young Gohma enemies from Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess. Ugh! I really hate spiders!
  • edited October 2008
    any later bosses from old j rpgs (nes snes era) especially those which you need to fight multiple times without healing between
  • edited October 2008
    This guy is very hard the first time through.
    Sory the pic is tiny.
  • edited October 2008
    Oh, I remember that guy.

DAMN YOU, TABUU THE UNPRONOUNCEABLE!
  • edited October 2008
    This dude from Mega Man 1 comes to mind.
    Yellowdevil.jpg
  • edited October 2008
    Botap wrote: »
    I disliked every thing about RE4, really. I thought it was the weakest entry in the series.

In any case, my vote for worst enemy is anything that can perform a one-hit kill for any reason. One-hit kills are a cheap way to try and artificially increase a game's difficulty.

And that is what makes me play it more.
  • edited October 2008
    Leonard snakecharmer from sam&max. He bothered me so much!
    but I don't hate the fact that he is there, i think he made the game better, but I hate the character!
  • edited October 2008
    natlinxz wrote: »
    but I don't hate the fact that he is there, i think he made the game better, but I hate the character!

His name is Leonard STEAKcharmer, silly!
  • edited October 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    This guy is very hard the first time through.
    Sory the pic is tiny.

you know that wing move he does?that things so annoying:mad:does any body know how to not get hit?my friend told me that you have to do that thing where you press block in midair.but so far its not working.help?:(
  • edited October 2008
    you know that wing move he does?that things so annoying:mad:does any body know how to not get hit?my friend told me that you have to do that thing where you press block in midair.but so far its not working.help?:(
    Shield, then as it's about to hit you, press down.
  • edited October 2008
    thanks
  • edited October 2008
    does any body else think that sonic was an after thought in brawl?especially in subspace?
  • edited October 2008
    More of a, "Hey, look, he'll just appear out of nowhere! Perfect Sense in that logic!
  • edited October 2008
    does any body else think that sonic was an after thought in brawl?especially in subspace?

Wasn't he voted into the game?
  • edited October 2008
    oh, how i hate tabuu.

Vectorman_GEN_ScreenShot4.gif

i also hate this guy ^. i think that the only people who can beat him are those japs. its still a fun game, i'll beat him someday...
  • edited October 2008
    jrtroopa.gif

And in The thousand Year Door. When you get an email buy someone(I think his name T.Zed or something hes a movie star) Look in the background. He's still hunting him.
  • edited October 2008

plausibly:D:D:D
  • edited October 2008
    I'm still in denial that Eggman (Robotnik) got neglected.
  • edited October 2008
    dentbuds wrote: »
    i think that the only people who can beat him are those japs.

"Japs"?

I thought the 1940's ended.
  • edited October 2008

Yes. There was a poll I believe for 3rd party characters and sonic got 2nd place(first place was Geno but Square En said no I believe)
  • edited October 2008
    Dark Cursya from super paper mario. Dark & outrageous
  • edited October 2008
    Baby Dodongos. Seriously.
    Jbabadongo.jpg
    Me: "Hey, over here. Come on, I need to blow up this damn wall. Hey, no, DON'T DIG INTO THE GROUND. Okay, maybe this one... over here. Damn it, over here. OVER HERE!! come over here and, YES! I killed it! Aweso-*boom* HORSE *#%^! THAT WAS RIGHT NEAR THE WALL! Okay, last one, come here. Come here. GO
    SH DARN IT
    I HATE YOU.What are you, retarded? No don't go into the-...*$%^.
  • edited October 2008
    Miniblins in Zelda: Wind Waker
    I remember the first time I was going through the forsaken Fortress, and I accidentally dropped from one of the swinging lanterns, and suddenly I'm swarmed by dozens of tiny devils chattering what sounds like: "Dangk! Dangkit!"
    then there's the stone moblin that shoots eyebeams
  • edited October 2008
    Those small, scorpion-like metalhead enemies from Jak 2&3. Those things run around quickly and attack with ridiculously lightning-fast speed. Where's a freakin bug spray gun when you need it X(!
  • edited October 2008
    The End boss in "Stupid Wall" for Stinkomans game. I HATE THOSE FISTS!
  • edited October 2008
    natlinxz wrote: »

I've got to say though, that those are the best kind of enemies. Also, it adds to the experience if you get to give said enemies payback :p

I'd say the ones you meet in some games that can't be killed on the first meeting even though you stomp him into the ground in combat.
  • edited October 2008
    The freakin Homestarmy in SBCG4AP EP. 2

SINCE WHEN DOES HOMESTAR FREGGIN KNOW SMART TACTICS!

They are all unbeatable! SInce when can The Cheat not hurt Strong Sad! He lives with SS he should be used to depressing comments!

Edit: Even Homestar says in "The Interview" http://www.homestarrunner.com/interview.html
  • edited October 2008
    The Shake King from the Wario series.
  • edited December 2008
    CabajiTW2.png
    Cabaji from the One Piece GBA Game. He randomly appears and mortaly wounds you, and I can't kill him! He is sooooooo annoying!

Wait, oops! I posted the wrong sprites for the wrong game!
  • edited December 2008
    dentbuds wrote: »
    oh, how i hate tabuu.

Vectorman_GEN_ScreenShot4.gif

i also hate this guy ^. i think that the only people who can beat him are those japs. its still a fun game, i'll beat him someday...
    Are you talking about the Tabuu in SSBB?:confused::confused::confused:
    I hate him too if that's what u mean.
  • edited February 2009
    150px-Doopliss2.jpg
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! DOOPLISS U SUXXOR! Steals, Mario's body, partners too, makes me kill Goombella, and cheats at the name selection screen! Yup, looks like a winner to me. Come to think of it, I hate the parrot in the basement too.
    http://www.mariowiki.com/images/0/0e/Bowletta.png
    Here, is bowletta. SHE steals BOWSER'S body, and totally freaks me out...

shuddershudder
  • edited February 2009
    Most of the enemies in Earthbound were just dumb, but they were meant to be.
    I'd say a lot of the enemies in Cave Story. Those GODDAMNED SAND CROCS! I NEEDED TO CHEAT TO GET THE BOOSTER JUST TO KILL THEM! Oh, And Pooh Black from CS also (Once you beat him, If you touch his body before he explodes its an instant death, And he's a more difficult version of Balrog to boot).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.