What was your best experience with Tales from the Borderlands?

My best experience was with episode 2. I was extremely hyped for the episode and how I spend four hard month waiting for the episode to get released. Also when the first info and teaser shows up, I was preparing my trip to China. When we got the release date, I realized that the episode will get released in the middle of my trip. I tried not to think to much about it, I hope that there will be internet in China. When I got there, I was left with an EXTREMELY poor internet and lots of sites getting blocked. I didn't let that bring me down. So by the time the day that Episode 2 gets released, I spend the ENTIRE DAY using the EXTREMELY bad internet connection to download the episode.

By the time the episode was finally downloaded, I played the episode and it was magic. Both from having to endure so much to download it and also because the episode was really, really good. I still remember my goosebumps when I play the opening scene, with the caravan trying to dodge the moonshots and getting chased by the gigantic Rakk Hive. Rhys managed to time the moonshot to hit the Rakk Hive and the kickass "Kiss the Sky" plays during the intro.

Episode 3 and 4 are of course very awesome. But still, episode 2 remains a very personal favorite of mine. :)

Comments

• It definitely has to be episode one for me. With people still questioning whether or not Telltale should even bother with a Borderlands game (similar to the reaction to Minecraft, just not as bad), so it had a lot to prove, and boy did it deliver, almost overnight most of the skepticism and hate towards the idea just disappeared due to it being one of Telltale's best episodes. Plus it was a really fun time discussing it with other people since everyone was suddenly so enthusiastic for it.

• Aye, that was a glorious moment. :)

dojo32161 posted: »

It definitely has to be episode one for me. With people still questioning whether or not Telltale should even bother with a Borderlands game

• Seeing "Download Now" of course..

• Seeing Athena for the first time.

• While I find other intro scenes better, one of my favorite moments would have to be Episode 1's intro, that's what truly sold me on this game.

• Let's get that Hyperion face on made me fall in love

• In the beginning of episode 2, were Fiona was gauging out General Pollux's eye, thinking he was already dead, but soon later realised what they had done.

• Well one of my favorite moments was in episode 3 where we're with Rhys and Sasha on the catwalk and it breaks and the two are hanging for their lives. Rhys is desperately trying to climb up with Sasha hanging on to him. Then she says she's going to let go and Rhys tries harder to climb but then she eventually lets go and Rhys, and I, think she possibly just died.

Nope, dropped a couple feet. Laughed so hard at that scene I love it.

• edited September 2015

I loved the game from the very start, despite it being my first foray into point-and-click adventure games, but the moment that was most memorable for me has to be getting appointed President of Hyperion... the shock on Sasha's face... unforgettable. (edit: I don't mean that as a purely 'feel good' moment... it did feel good, but once you think about how all the characters must have felt at that point, it's really powerful... It just feels like crossing a line... am I making sense? Idk.)

enter image description here

I'm really sad ep.5 will probably ruin my moment of glory, it's so rare to come out on top while playing a douchebag in video games, yet it felt so great achieving all my corporate_stooge!Rhys ever wanted...

(At least I have Fallout 4 to look forward to in November, now there's a game I can trust to let me be a horible person and still win :P)

Other than that, the intros were always amazing and got me to look up some tunes I never thought I would be interested in. Seriously, the intros were superb.

• The intro scene for Ep 2 is probably the most memorable for me as well. I remember how I had to wait 2 days to play it, because of my studying schedule, it was so difficult to not spoil anything (good thing I wasn't active on the forums back then, just been lurking). The moment I got my hands on it, oh boy... That intro completely blew my mind, I wasn't expecting it at all, I thought it'd be just like TWAU - the same intro all over again. I was happy that I was wrong, it was so cinematic and breath-taking. After the episode was over I still had this tune 'Kiss the sky' playing in my head. As soon as video with the intro scene was uploaded on YouTube it became first thing to watch everyday after getting back home.

I love this game so much and there're so many amazing moments to choose, but this one was the first thing to pop up in my head, so I guess it's the one special scene that affected me the most.

• Aye, the intro of episode 2, just hits so many points right for me. I can't help but feel good just by watching it.

buntingsir posted: »

The intro scene for Ep 2 is probably the most memorable for me as well. I remember how I had to wait 2 days to play it, because of my studyi

• Like you, it was the Ep 2 intro. I think my jaw literally dropped and I was just blown away by the gorgeous cinematography and the accompanying score. I think I rewound the scene about four times right away just to take it all in before I continued. By the time I played this game Ep 3 had already been released, so there were already clips of the Ep 2 intro on YouTube. Which I watched many times. And made some of my friends watch even though they didn't really know or care what game I was so excited about (though they all agreed it was awesome). I still randomly go watch it on YouTube sometimes. It's just amazing and even though I cannot sing this game's praises enough (to the sometimes annoyance of my non-telltale-forum friends), that remains the high point.

• The epic shootout in EP4 took Borderlands to a whole new level, it would be great if that finger pistol was a legendary on Borderlands 3

• Buying a season pass for it, best move ever

• The Air Gun fight (seriously, we need this to happen as a flash mob thing at a con), watching my friend play it and intentionally killing Rhys and Fiona at every single opportunity (it was just really funny), Scooter's death (it's not that I enjoyed the scene, but how even though some fuckers spoiled it a bit for me, it was still a really emotional part of the game for me)......

Oh also this

• It's gotta be the ending of EP4 I chose the Rule ending I felt so great and yet so sinnister my feelings were so mixed then that line in the ending song "back to the top" got me so pumped I jumped off my lounge and started dancing because Rhys was at rock bottom then out of nowhere he became President of Hyperion.

• So far, I fell in love with episodes 4 intro and the ending to it where I rejected Jacks offer, just gave me the chills on how his personality changed so fast. Love this game :D

• Mine would have to be when I played episode 5 for the first time. Definitely the best telltale episode that I've played! The best part, by far, was the Rhys x Sasha sex scene. It was also very gut wrenching. I still haven't gotten over the part where Handsome Jack took control of Rhys and made him kill Vaughn. ;(

• Where did that screen shot come from??

The Air Gun fight (seriously, we need this to happen as a flash mob thing at a con), watching my friend play it and intentionally killing Rh

• Episode 2, if you chose to go to Old Haven instead of Hollow Point as Rhys.

Where did that screen shot come from??

• Oooh,that sex scene is the best part in the entire game,I also remember the part when the stranger was revealed to be Shade,I was literally mind blown by it,How could we be so blind?

BTW,Did you choose to kill Vallory or not?

No_username posted: »

Mine would have to be when I played episode 5 for the first time. Definitely the best telltale episode that I've played! The best part, by f

• Ohbyeahhhh that sex scene though 10 outta 10

ZapThroat posted: »

Oooh,that sex scene is the best part in the entire game,I also remember the part when the stranger was revealed to be Shade,I was literally mind blown by it,How could we be so blind? BTW,Did you choose to kill Vallory or not?

• Geez, there are so many options to choose from! I'd try to limit myself to a few and say...

• The Derby Scene in Episode 1
    • Kiss the Sky intro in Episode 2
    • Dressing up Loaderbot in Episode 3 #LoaderBros
    • Air Gun fight in Episode 4
  • Killed her :P

Oooh,that sex scene is the best part in the entire game,I also remember the part when the stranger was revealed to be Shade,I was literally mind blown by it,How could we be so blind? BTW,Did you choose to kill Vallory or not?

• Same bruh,she's a bitch :P

No_username posted: »

Killed her :P

• Ah, thank ya thank ya.

dojo32161 posted: »

Episode 2, if you chose to go to Old Haven instead of Hollow Point as Rhys.

• edited September 2015

Cool moves, Rhys. Cool moves

• Just- like- every Jack moment ever, really.

• NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND I WAS IN LEGITIMATE FEAR THAT I HAD BEEN SPOILED HOW DARE YOU

• The moments spent with my righteous son

LOADER BOT

• the episode 4 air gun fight and the start cutscenes for all episodes and gotta give credit to those psychos

• The Bossanova Death Rally...from sneaking in to the actual race, that was how I knew this season was going to be amazing.

The...ah, General Pollux scene...was both grim and hilarious, and the "Kiss the Sky" intro was perfect, because it was the first time the group worked together.

Trusting Fiona, and escaping the Atlas facility...that whole episode, however, from beginning to end, has to be my favorite.

Skin pizza...flying to Hyperion...YOU KNOW NOTHING!...photograph on desk...

• So many... some highlights (ranked)

1. Eye gouging 101
    2. Wrecking shit with Jack in the Atlas fort on my second play through of Episode 3
    3. Chasing down August in the terrarium thing with Loader Bot
    4. The opening credits of episode 2
    5. The opening credits of episode 4
    6. The opening credits of episode 3
    7. Gortys and the dead body
    8. Accidentally blowing up Vasquez's corpse
    9. Sasha and Rhys' "romantic" walk with the jellyfish things

Ahhh, good times. I'm probably forgetting a lot.

• The entire first episode. Hooked from beginning to end. It had the perfect balance of story, action, humor, and character development. Easily one of the best Telltale episodes ever made.

• The most shocking for me was Handsome Jack's reveal. Me, not knowing anything about the game, just was like "ooo new telltale game? About Borderlands?" and I had some money so I bought it. I'm playing it, liking it, then at the end I see Handsome Jack and my jaw dropped.

The other best moment is CL4P-TP's cameo in EP5 (the cameo is going to happen eventually I'm just stating the inevitable)

• I'm the only one who liked the intro to Episode 4 way more than the intro to Episode 2, apparently...

• I already answered this but I definitely have to give a shout out to the "bro, bro, bro bro bro" scene. I was like "what the actual shit is happening...?" and when it cut to Fiona narrating and inserting all the "bros" I laughed harder at that point than I did at any other thing in the game. That was gold.

• They're both great! But I do like 2 slightly better.

I'm the only one who liked the intro to Episode 4 way more than the intro to Episode 2, apparently...

• You must have been one of the blessed few who didn't see the announcement trailer.

The most shocking for me was Handsome Jack's reveal. Me, not knowing anything about the game, just was like "ooo new telltale game? About Bo

• I didn't. Did they spoil that? I'm glad I've started to avoid Telltale's trailers...

You must have been one of the blessed few who didn't see the announcement trailer.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.