TftB Ending

So about the ending. They both put their hands on the chest, it opens and they disappear. Quite an open ending, leaves space for a second game. Am I right? Telltale? Please?

Comments

• edited October 2015

Rhys and Fiona get teleported to a sunny planet, lying on a lounge and making out.

• edited October 2015

I wouldn't get my hopes up... Telltale won't be doing a Season 2 and in the remote and extremely unlikely chance that they did it would probably be after the release of BL3 - its too bad their currently busy with their kid friendly Minecraft game, Tales Season 2 will never happen... wow I am such a pessimist, or maybe I'm just steeling myself from the worst case scenario of there being no Tales S2 and therefore nothing to fill the void it will leave because Minecraft Story Mode definitely won't be able to replace it....

I mean, remember the Wolf Among Us? Totally amazing, it was made years ago and despite its success still no Season 2, Tales will likely meet the same fate.... back on topic with the finale's ending, I don't think its teasing a Season 2, I think it was more just symbolic storywise showing that despite Tales having ended Rhys and Fiona will continue to stumble upon further (mis)adventures, and Tales was the story of how they became what they did, so its over.

• edited October 2015

I agree with that and it's not even pessimistic, just realistic. Tales made lots of changes in the Borderlands universe, with the whole Helios thing, Rhys and Atlas, etc. I really hope—and it's actually very likely—that we will see the squad in the BL3 game again. Fiona as a playable Vault Hunter, perhaps Rhys too? Maybe he'll just be the next guy who sells guns or helps us out. (I'm SO glad that he's not just a Jack replacement/next villain.)
    They did say "You will need all the Vault Hunters you can get", right?

It won't be a second season, sure. No choices, less fancy cinematic shots. Less… Telltale. Tales was the game that even got me interested in the BL games and I DID like The Pre-Sequel and BL2, but… it's not the same, you know?

Harian96 posted: »

I wouldn't get my hopes up... Telltale won't be doing a Season 2 and in the remote and extremely unlikely chance that they did it would prob

• Tales is what got me to finally pay attention to the Borderlands franchise, before that I didn't care. BL3 will probably be great but it won't replace Tales, at least not in terms of storyline and character development.

Maybe Atlas will be featured in BL3 and Rhys will be its President?

iriya posted: »

I agree with that and it's not even pessimistic, just realistic. Tales made lots of changes in the Borderlands universe, with the whole Heli

• The ending reminded so much of the first "Back to the future" movie

our heroes go off on another crazy adventure

What happens to them next is left up to our imagination

• edited October 2015

But the thing is it has to be at least closed somehow. If we get borderlands 3 you can't ignore that helios was crashed(probrably new location) and nobody is going to just forget about them two. Especially since the Children of Helios treat Rhys as their god.

TommyW posted: »

The ending reminded so much of the first "Back to the future" movie our heroes go off on another crazy adventure What happens to them next is left up to our imagination

• I'm sure Atlas with Rhys as president will be present in BL3 somehow—we just don't know what exactly he will do with this new power. Building guns? Cities? Leading an army of the Children of Helios? Who knows?

Man, I'm really scared of getting disappointed. After Tales my expectations are VERY high.

Tales is what got me to finally pay attention to the Borderlands franchise, before that I didn't care. BL3 will probably be great but it won

• At the ending of B2 there was a map what showed many many vaults, the chest was probably a teleporter to one of them. That's my imagination... Ma mind...

enter image description here

Anyway, as much as I wanted a sequel for TWAU and for this as well, since they ended with a cliffhanger, you better leave them that way :)

• I think it sets up the series for a Borderlands 3 perfectly. I mean, I'd definitely prefer a Tales season 2 (just because I like the episodic style of game more than the FPS style), but--

Honestly, I just want to see more of the group. (Or squad, as Telltale so wonderfully put it.)

I.

I'm so curious and it's such a massive cliffhanger and-- I mean, to an extent it feels a bit like why would you do this to us but -- I don't think there's any doubt that there's going to be a season 2 -- or at least that this will set up BL3, right? Which means more of these guys--

Which is a very good thing.

• Teleporter to another vault which most likely means they teleport next to another vault monster? Rip.

MarteenPyro posted: »

At the ending of B2 there was a map what showed many many vaults, the chest was probably a teleporter to one of them. That's my imagination.

• And giving each other some nise and steamy massages amirite?

Rhys and Fiona get teleported to a sunny planet, lying on a lounge and making out.

• That leaves the question to how the next game starts. We are very unlikely to start with Rhys and Fiona as we need 2 more vault hunters.

I think it sets up the series for a Borderlands 3 perfectly. I mean, I'd definitely prefer a Tales season 2 (just because I like the episodi

• Oh, crap...

enter image description here

Reliqum posted: »

Teleporter to another vault which most likely means they teleport next to another vault monster? Rip.

• There is no doubt that Rhys and Fiona had a huge impact on The borderlands universe and I think we will see a lot of that in Borderlands 3

But the thing is it has to be at least closed somehow. If we get borderlands 3 you can't ignore that helios was crashed(probrably new locati

• I don't know... I've seen small hints suggesting that there might and probably will be a second season for TWAU.

So I'm gonna hold my hopes intact, for both games. I mean that's the only thing I've got.

I wouldn't get my hopes up... Telltale won't be doing a Season 2 and in the remote and extremely unlikely chance that they did it would prob

• Yeah I mean the ending was very open. If they wanted to tie this together they probably would have done this in a firmer way. Cause know we are left with many questions and theories leading us on.

I think it sets up the series for a Borderlands 3 perfectly. I mean, I'd definitely prefer a Tales season 2 (just because I like the episodi

• enter image description here

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

• I think Vaughn might actually be a candidate, honestly -- He's got quite a system set up; he's definitely proven himself. If we're sticking to characters from TFTBL, Loader Bot and Gortys, maybe?

Otherwise, wouldn't be surprised to see Gearbox do something like what they did with Presequel -- use characters that have been mentioned, but who haven't quite proven themselves.

I have no clue how they're going to start the game, but frankly, I can't wait. Just hope that we get as intense of a story as we did here, because-- Wow. Not sure if that can really be topped. (Although maybe that's just me, haha.)

That leaves the question to how the next game starts. We are very unlikely to start with Rhys and Fiona as we need 2 more vault hunters.

• I just wanna know where they went, man. Here's hoping we get BL3/TFTBL S2 soon :')

Quiff posted: »

Yeah I mean the ending was very open. If they wanted to tie this together they probably would have done this in a firmer way. Cause know we are left with many questions and theories leading us on.

• edited October 2015

If it continues in BL3 it is definetly not going to get topped. BL is about gazillion guns.

I think Vaughn might actually be a candidate, honestly -- He's got quite a system set up; he's definitely proven himself. If we're sticking

• Yeah man. Heck maybe they went to a separate universe? that would be mind blowing!!

I just wanna know where they went, man. Here's hoping we get BL3/TFTBL S2 soon :')

• Aside from the discussion about whether there will be a sequel, there must be focus on the ending of TFTB itself. All loose ends were tied up, the feels were overflowing and it ended with the same combination of comedy and drama evident throughout the entire series.

If there's DLC, appearances in BL3 or whatever, the ending was superb, capping off a memorable series. This is the best gaming experience I've ever had

• Which is why I'm personally hoping for a season two -- but I think Gearbox could pull off a solid story and continue with the GUNS GALORE theme they have going. I mean, the whole BL2 arc, with Jack -- that was really well done. Especially the end fight, that-- That definitely hurt. I think it could work.

Not as well as if Telltale did it, but they could do it. You're right, though, they wouldn't be able to top this.

If it continues in BL3 it is definetly not going to get topped. BL is about gazillion guns.

• Dude. Separate universe yes please. Or another planet. Something. Anything. Pleaaase.

Quiff posted: »

Yeah man. Heck maybe they went to a separate universe? that would be mind blowing!!

• But we are most likely going to have some boring fetch side-quests along the way which serve almost no other purpose than lenghten the game.

Which is why I'm personally hoping for a season two -- but I think Gearbox could pull off a solid story and continue with the GUNS GALORE th

• enter image description here

• I'm hoping ttg can cancel some of their in-near-future game plans to make space for tftbl season 2!!

Dude. Separate universe yes please. Or another planet. Something. Anything. Pleaaase.

• I loved the ending, I always thought the expression "made my jaw drop" was you know, an expression, but I actually did so now I feel weird...

• Eh, if we do, we do -- Personally, I like the side quests, don't need to do all of them. They usually add some good humour to the games! In my opinion, at least.

But we are most likely going to have some boring fetch side-quests along the way which serve almost no other purpose than lenghten the game.

• its too bad their currently busy with their kid friendly Minecraft game

Minecraft's been pretty good so far, but they aren't busy with just that, there's GOT's final episode, TWD: Michonne, the Super Shows, their Pilot Program, the Marvel game and other secret projects they have yet to announce..

• Hope there is TfTB second game

• Yeah but people like to use Minecraft as the scapegoat for some reason.

dojo32161 posted: »

its too bad their currently busy with their kid friendly Minecraft game Minecraft's been pretty good so far, but they aren't busy wi

• how mad do you think the vault hunters on sanctuary are right now, they wanted to blow up Helios but now they can't.

But the thing is it has to be at least closed somehow. If we get borderlands 3 you can't ignore that helios was crashed(probrably new locati

• I would say no, since this game has the architecture of a FPS ending. Borderlands 3 will probably go right back to the standard formula from here.

• I totally had Rhys and Fiona vibes, why didn't they let me confirm them being togetherrr? I even thoroughly explained Sasha was just a friend!

• So I played out the game. And I say, "What ?! Whaattt !!? WTF !!! What?" :D
    Season 2 certainly will. With this end it is certain. There are too many questions. What was in the chest? Where did they go? Where are they? What will be next? A predominantly the most important question of all.
    Why the hell the statue of a unicorn on Helios bleeding ?! :D:D

• I'm really hoping Fiona will be a playable vault hunter in Borderlands 3, so kid of hoping that this ending doesn't remove that possibility.

• edited October 2015

I kinda dont think she will sadly.

Like, almost every character from Tales can from be in Borderlands 3 but Rhys and Fiona which is kinda sad, we dont even know where they are now.

Flog61 posted: »

I'm really hoping Fiona will be a playable vault hunter in Borderlands 3, so kid of hoping that this ending doesn't remove that possibility.

• Marcus: So...back again! What took you so long, eh? Alright, alright...in all seriousness, I didn't expect you to be so...enamored...by the tale of two small-time Vault Hunters. Then again, it isn't just anyone who manages to find a Vault...

...what's that? You want to know what happened next? Ah, yes...the best stories usually are open-ended, but since you've been SO PATIENT...

When we last left our two adventurers, they had found lost friends, reconciled their aggressive rivalry, and defeated the terrible Vault Monster dwelling within The Vault of the Traveler. After much celebration and tears, our heroes entered the Vault, eager to see if all their efforts had been worthwhile. But, as is usually the case in Vault Hunting, what you find isn't always what you expected, as our two heroes were suddenly whisked away, teleported from the Vault to somewhere different and unknown...

....a floating city, occupied by a group busily preparing for what dangers were about to come...

• Now they are trapped in the vault for eternity

Sign in to comment in this discussion.