More people should play TfTBL

This is the best Telltale game I ever played yet it saddens me that it only has 1/3 reviews compared to TWD S2 and TWAU meaning that less people play it. If more people play this masterpiece, then a Season 2 is more possible to happen.

Comments

• edited October 2015

I agree. I've been telling my friends and my followers on Twitter how great Tales from the Borderlands is. There have been people, like me and another YouTuber named Cryaotic, who believe that this is so much better than TWD. (I could be wrong, but Jim Sterling also said this was his favorite TTG game)

The game is getting enough praise to where people are buying it, so we don't have to worry too much. :)

• I definitely agree. Best telltale series to date! In my own opinion of course :P

• I've heard that Jacksepticeye will be playing Tales soon, he's got a pretty big audience, so that may get some more people to play the game.

• A lot of Borderlands fans were determined to play through the entire series when it all came out.

They did, and they're in love. They're completely and utterly in love, to the point where many are demanding that TellTale should pretty much send their writers over to Gearbox.

• Really, I have actually recommended it to him in hopes he would play it. You have no idea how happy this makes me. :)

I've heard that Jacksepticeye will be playing Tales soon, he's got a pretty big audience, so that may get some more people to play the game.

• edited October 2015

Anyone who's looking for a hilarious, fun, action packed ride filled with heartwarming emotion with an all star voice cast should definitely play it.

• I didn't know anything about Borderlands before this game came out and I fell in love. Mostly with Loaderbot and Gortys... But hey Rhys is cool

• In that case, play Borderlands 2!

ShaneGrimes posted: »

I didn't know anything about Borderlands before this game came out and I fell in love. Mostly with Loaderbot and Gortys... But hey Rhys is cool

• I highly recommend playing BL2. You can buy the handsome jack collection for next gen consoles for optimum experience. Great story and characters.

I didn't know anything about Borderlands before this game came out and I fell in love. Mostly with Loaderbot and Gortys... But hey Rhys is cool

• I've already gotten three of my friends to play the game! Two loved it, and the third has yet to start it, but I'm sure she'll love it too. :D

I also blog about Tales like crazy on my tumblr (which I've somehow managed to get over 3,000 followers on) so hopefully I've convinced some of them to play too!

And with the end of the year nearing, I wouldn't be surprised if Tales gets (and wins) some GotY awards. I'm sure that'll get more people playing too!

• I managed to convince someone to download the free first episode. We see how it goes from there. :)

And aye, I also want more people to play this awesome and beautiful game. :D

• How essential is playing the first borderlands? Or can I just watch a walkthrough and be good?

UmbraCode posted: »

I highly recommend playing BL2. You can buy the handsome jack collection for next gen consoles for optimum experience. Great story and characters.

• I agree! This game is golden and definitely needs more attention. Though, I can't do much with that, my friends won't play it because most of them are lazy if it comes to playing games or watching anything in English and the fan-translation in my language just kills all the fun.

• Jeremy Jahns will probably do a review on it somewhat soon, which should grab a few more people in

• I really hope he does, I've loved his other Telltale reviews. Knowing him, he'll probably give it an Awesometacular rating.

Poogers555 posted: »

Jeremy Jahns will probably do a review on it somewhat soon, which should grab a few more people in

• I totally hope that he will review this. I love to see his reaction and his opinion. I hope he hasn't given up on Telltale after The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us.

Jeremy Jahns will probably do a review on it somewhat soon, which should grab a few more people in

• But he liked both of those games, he said they were worth the full price, why would he give up after them?

I totally hope that he will review this. I love to see his reaction and his opinion. I hope he hasn't given up on Telltale after The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us.

• Mostly because he mentioned during his Season 2 review about how he was starting to see "behind the curtain", that most of the choices didn't matter.

But he liked both of those games, he said they were worth the full price, why would he give up after them?

• Just read the plot somewhere, it can be summed up in four or five lines.

How essential is playing the first borderlands? Or can I just watch a walkthrough and be good?

• Big youtubers can make a difference but only a small one, as Telltale games are pretty much like movies and you can get most of the game just by watching let's plays. Even life is strange had a problem with this, and this might have affected their game quite a bit.

I met Luc (the producer) and Raoul (one of the directors) at NYCC. I don’t want to get into exactly what was said in case this could get them in trouble by any means, but trust me when I say this: it was very clearly communicated to me when I asked that the game is NOT performing where it needs to by any means.

A lot of this fandom watched Let’s Plays of this game. And there’s nothing wrong with Let’s Plays, that is, when it’s not a game that needs the money more than the fans. Let’s Plays don’t hurt a company when those people immediately turn around and buy a ton of merch and other media, thus still spending money, but for a game like Life is Strange, where all the money comes from units sold, it’s devastating.

There’s a very good chance that the ending was as rushed as it seemed because of pressure to release it early or just finish it due to it’s under-performance.

http://seerofsarcasm.com/post/131695028397/life-is-strange-wasis-not-doing-well-financially

• I definitely want a season 2 of Wolf first, we've been waiting so long, but I do agree this is a wonderful series.

• Yeah, but let's face it, it was Season 2. I love the game, but they could have done a lot more with the choices in it. Tales definitely did the best when it comes to choices, I'd say it did even better than TWD S1.

Mostly because he mentioned during his Season 2 review about how he was starting to see "behind the curtain", that most of the choices didn't matter.

• Ah this makes me so excited! Thanks for letting us know!

I've heard that Jacksepticeye will be playing Tales soon, he's got a pretty big audience, so that may get some more people to play the game.

• I totally agree on that. :)

Yeah, but let's face it, it was Season 2. I love the game, but they could have done a lot more with the choices in it. Tales definitely did the best when it comes to choices, I'd say it did even better than TWD S1.

• edited October 2015

He even mentioned that when he finished Until Dawn series.

• I never watched his Until Dawn series, nor have I even watched anything Until Dawn related except its Honest Trailer, so I wouldn't know, but thanks.

AronDracula posted: »

He even mentioned that when he finished Until Dawn series.

• He mentions that during the credits of the game.

I never watched his Until Dawn series, nor have I even watched anything Until Dawn related except its Honest Trailer, so I wouldn't know, but thanks.

• I think he will review it, he said that he was going to wait till after all the episodes were out before he would review another Telltale game though

I totally hope that he will review this. I love to see his reaction and his opinion. I hope he hasn't given up on Telltale after The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us.

• I admire his patience. It must be a whole different experience to marathon this gem. :)

I think he will review it, he said that he was going to wait till after all the episodes were out before he would review another Telltale game though

• I really hope TWAU S02 come in 2016. I fear Telltale has no plans at all for it, and that kinda pisses me off. They should really cut the cliffhanger finales if they keep on like this smh

Well, I guess all we can do for now is to wait

waity waity

KCohere posted: »

I definitely want a season 2 of Wolf first, we've been waiting so long, but I do agree this is a wonderful series.

• Not essential at all, the 1st BL barley has any story and just all about guns guns and more guns. Read th story on the wikia. BL2 is were the amazing story and characters begin to shine.

How essential is playing the first borderlands? Or can I just watch a walkthrough and be good?

• I should stay for the credits more often then, and thanks for letting me know!

AronDracula posted: »

He mentions that during the credits of the game.

• Yeah this was an epic TT game, my favorite next to TWAU. I'm actually going to buy the handsome Jack collection just to experience more of borderlands universe. Never played them, so I'm going to enjoy that.

• Thank you guys I love it!!! I had to pick Zero of course :p

But this story is playin out nice... I just hate the skags and bullymongs :D

UmbraCode posted: »

Not essential at all, the 1st BL barley has any story and just all about guns guns and more guns. Read th story on the wikia. BL2 is were the amazing story and characters begin to shine.

• But, what if Tales Season 2 and Wolf Season 2 released side by side?

That would be my dream.

KCohere posted: »

I definitely want a season 2 of Wolf first, we've been waiting so long, but I do agree this is a wonderful series.

• You are in for some fantastic Pandora adventures, my friend. Borderlands 2 is just the best. Happy shooting!!

MosesARose posted: »

Yeah this was an epic TT game, my favorite next to TWAU. I'm actually going to buy the handsome Jack collection just to experience more of borderlands universe. Never played them, so I'm going to enjoy that.

• Is the story in borderlands 2 good?

You are in for some fantastic Pandora adventures, my friend. Borderlands 2 is just the best. Happy shooting!!

• Yes. I found Tales had the much better story, but BL2 is a great game nonetheless, and Handsome Jack is awesome in that game. But prepare to kill A LOT of Loader Bots.

oopshasorry posted: »

Is the story in borderlands 2 good?

• I 100% think so and would recommend to any fan of this series! I hadn't played any since last year, when the very first episode for TFTB came out. I was a little hesitant at buying them at first because I don't really enjoy FPS as much but I actually really loved it. B2 especially!! The characters, humour and story were all wonderful IMO. :-)

oopshasorry posted: »

Is the story in borderlands 2 good?

• edited October 2015

I gifted this game back in the Steam Summer Sale to 4 of my friends and only 1 of them have played it.

He loved it, I don't think the other 3 are taking me seriously about how good this series it. :/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.