The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• It would go great next to Metallica Monopoly

What are the properties in that game? Cities they've toured?

Sorry Chicken, I already got fired for stealing one for myself...totally worth it. In all seriousness, I'd totally get that if I had some

• I just got finished playing the remastered version of Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space.
    Skunkape's team definitely did a good job and knocked it out of the park just like with season 1! In contrast to the original season, it looks neat with all the new visuals and stuff added to the now updated cutscenes, the new ost is a jazz to listen to(the streets, beginning of episode 2, moai island, zombie factory, bosco's store in the past, oval office, end of episode 4, end of episode 5)
    This time around, the dialogue hasn't been changed at all and Bosco's new VA has improved as well.
    There were also some subtle nods to the next season with the museum poster(which was also in season 1), the Yog-Soggoth symbol in the underwater cave in episode 2, Jurgen's past self in his portrait.
    Overall, this remaster was a success to me and all that's left is the Devil's Playhouse, the best season of this series, I definitely can't wait to see how they will make it better than it was before. Hopefully this time, everyone's reaction won't be as controversial as last year.

• So they made two versions, one from years ago and a more updated one earlier this year. Haven't bought the new one, but I did used to own the first. In that version, instead of building houses, you built either arenas or stadiums. Railroads were the recording studios they made their albums in. Cards contained lyrics and other references. Property ranged from places they've played to certain areas rich in Metallica history. Pieces were references to Metallica albums (justice scales from ...And Justice for All, hammer from Kill em All, a snake from The Black Album). The newer version did make some changes, but I think still follows the basic premise.

AChicken posted: »

It would go great next to Metallica Monopoly What are the properties in that game? Cities they've toured?

• That's pretty cool. Thanks!

So they made two versions, one from years ago and a more updated one earlier this year. Haven't bought the new one, but I did used to own th

• Yooooo they added a shopping cart !!

• Finally. (Not that I use it though)

Only took em, what, nearly 3 years?

Ghetsis posted: »

Yooooo they added a shopping cart !!

• edited December 2021

..... This might be the most photorealistic game I've ever seen. It's more a tech demo than a game but still, it's pretty insane how realistic it looks, even the characters look pretty damn real if you don't scrutinise it too hard. If someone weren't paying attention they'd probably think the first half was just a scene from a movie.

• lmao this cracks me up

Ghetsis posted: »

Yooooo they added a shopping cart !!

• sad about no TWAU2 but so fucking stoked that it takes two won GOTY! well deserved W for Josef.

also i finally got my fucking silent hill game AND an alan wake sequel!!!

• I am glad I skipped the Shame Awards this year. I didn't start looking at new game trailers yet but I am just glad I didn't stay up all night to see Idiot Druckmann announce the GOTY, although I had no problem with It Takes Two winning the award, even if my GOTY were either Resident Evil Village or Little Nightmares 2.

Yep, no regrets here.

Learned that Maggie Robertson won the best performance. Well deserved.

• so fucking stoked that it takes two won GOTY! well deserved W for Josef.

Legitimately one of the most fun and creative games I've ever played so I'm happy it won! Story could use some tweaking but everything else was aces.

sad about no TWAU2 but so fucking stoked that it takes two won GOTY! well deserved W for Josef. also i finally got my fucking silent hill game AND an alan wake sequel!!!

• So, with the new series on the way, how about that forum update, eh Telltale?

• edited December 2021

YOOOO HOW THE FUCK IS THIS COMMUNITY STILL ALIVE? WHO WAS GONNA TELL ME?

This feels weird as hell, ngl. I legit thought I'll never log into this account ever again but here I am, two and a half years later.

Anyway, any old friends want to catch up?

• Welcome back!

YOOOO HOW THE FUCK IS THIS COMMUNITY STILL ALIVE? WHO WAS GONNA TELL ME? This feels weird as hell, ngl. I legit thought I'll never log in

• Yeah, still alive, just slower.

YOOOO HOW THE FUCK IS THIS COMMUNITY STILL ALIVE? WHO WAS GONNA TELL ME? This feels weird as hell, ngl. I legit thought I'll never log in

• Welcome back

• Yo! :)

• edited December 2021

Netflix just cancelled their live-action Cowboy Bebop series.
    ‘Cowboy Bebop’ Canceled by Netflix After One Season

That's a shocker, with all the marketing it looked like they were banking on it being a stylish new hit. (and I thought they'd still renew it once just for the hell of it. Guess not!)
    I'm still making my way through the original series, but this doesn't make me feel better if I decide whether to watch the new one or not.

edit: oh god I just remembered the Avatar The Last Airbender adaptation.
    oh no. oh no no no.
    edit 2: The main problem people had was the writing and directing. Didn't feel like the source material at all, and messed with too many things. Yikes.

• Yeah, it was not a good adaptation of the source material. Has me pretty worried about the One Piece adaptation (everyone should read One Piece, by the way).

Netflix just cancelled their live-action Cowboy Bebop series. ‘Cowboy Bebop’ Canceled by Netflix After One Season That's a shocker, with

• I am really sorry but I am not digging those new Telltale games announced. Especially Star Trek Resurgence. Not only is Star Trek not my thing but Kevin Bruner is fucking involved. Anything he touches TURNS TO SHIT!!!!

Also, it seems like they are doing the same mistakes that got Telltale shut down in the first place. SMH

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2021

Telltale 2.0 is not involved with the Star Trek game, the trailer was just advertising the fact that former Telltale staff are working on it.

The Star Trek game is done by a different studio with Telltale 1.0 alumni (think along the lines of Night School, AdHoc, Campo Santo, etc.).

AronDracula posted: »

I am really sorry but I am not digging those new Telltale games announced. Especially Star Trek Resurgence. Not only is Star Trek not my thi

• Yeah, I am not into those games from former Telltale staff.

Telltale 2.0 is not involved with the Star Trek game, the trailer was just advertising the fact that former Telltale staff are working on it

• I know this is all a pretty confusing time but I think myself and most of us here are a bit more relaxed now thanks to Telltale giving us a heads up about Wolf 2. I know it is not the biggest thing and that that so far we were only getting updates like once a year, but I will say compared to the old Telltale at least when they give us an update it actually has information.

Anyone else remember Old Telltale's constant radio silence? Been 4 months since an episode release with 0 acknowledgment? Nothing. New game announcement with 0 acknowledgement of other series, honestly goes on for a while, Telltale really was not very good at communicating to the community. so I am glad that last night Telltale took the time to basically say "More info in Game Informer next month, and even more early next year." Personally I think I'd have made sure to make that known at the VGAs as well, but it is nice they still put it out there quickly. Old Telltale would've left it there to dry.

• Yeah, part of old Telltale's downfall was the constant need to rewrite series, so PR people couldn't really put anything out about the game, because it could change at any moment.

Poogers555 posted: »

I know this is all a pretty confusing time but I think myself and most of us here are a bit more relaxed now thanks to Telltale giving us a

• Def true. I do wonder how they will end up releasing their games now that we are feasibly getting close to release. Part of me wants it to be one episode a week, but marketing wise it may be more wise to do it all at once. Guess they can now collab with Deck 9 though and ask which style ended up working best for them.

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah, part of old Telltale's downfall was the constant need to rewrite series, so PR people couldn't really put anything out about the game, because it could change at any moment.

• Here's something cool: There's a Monkey Island Anthology collection by Limited Run Games that features a copy of every game in the Monkey Island series.
    And what do you know, they even included Tales of Monkey Island by Telltale! Figured that was pretty cool since you really don't see Telltale's legacy content remembered anymore.

• Ok, are there any excuses for Avengers fanboys to say about Spider-man in the Avengers game?

I'm not even a Fortnite player. Battle Royale in general is the most overrated genre of the entire industry in my opinion. However, I am going to give Epic Games credit for actually making the swinging animation so smooth. Far from perfect but 10 times better than the web head in an actual Marvel game.

• "This product is sold out." That didn't take long!

Here's something cool: There's a Monkey Island Anthology collection by Limited Run Games that features a copy of every game in the Monkey Is

• I think it's been sold out for months, I just found a post on twitter about it getting ready to ship and so I looked up a store page about it.

Sorry!

WarpSpeed posted: »

"This product is sold out." That didn't take long!

• Ok fellas. This one. This is the one. This is the real Wolf 2 leak right there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWolfAmongUs/comments/rdduu5/plot_twau2/

• About 2 years will pass from the moment of the first part.

Like, 2 years after the events of the first game?

At certain points in the game, you will have a choice for whom to play: Snow White or Bigby

Why? No one wants to play as Snow, don't turn her into Mary Jane from Spider-Man PS4

The game will be divided not by episodes, but by chapters

So they are gonna pull off the same thing they did with Jurassic Park, in which they released all the episodes in the same day?

The game will be divided into several endings - good, bad, neutral and unnamed

This better be true since there is no point in keeping the continuity of the comics, as the creator scrapped the games from the canon.

• The part where he says his brother works for Telltale is the dead giveaway, so no, not real.

AronDracula posted: »

About 2 years will pass from the moment of the first part. Like, 2 years after the events of the first game? At certain points

• When did I say it's real?

The part where he says his brother works for Telltale is the dead giveaway, so no, not real.

• edited December 2021

Dude my uncle works at Nintendo but his brother works at Telltale??

Luckyyyy :astonished:

(He even deleted his account. Lmao it's always the same song and dance.)

Ok fellas. This one. This is the one. This is the real Wolf 2 leak right there. https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWolfAmongUs/comments/rdduu5/plot_twau2/

• If anyone's interest, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is free to keep on Steam right now until the 15th.

It's honestly one of my favourite games of all time. It's a silly but fun and satisfying as hell spaghetti western styled shooter with some really charming writing, which was a big surprise after the car crash that was The Cartel.

• me to the game informer office front door (I am impatient and am unable to wait 5 weeks)

• Next issue is 5 weeks away? Damn, way longer than I thought.

me to the game informer office front door (I am impatient and am unable to wait 5 weeks)

• (Not 100% sure, but apparently it is every 5 weeks between magazines and the newest released mid last week I believe, so still some time to go.)

dojo32161 posted: »

Next issue is 5 weeks away? Damn, way longer than I thought.

• edited December 2021

Playing ME3, got to the Citadel DLC, and I swear, this is probably the hardest I have laughed in a long time. Everything about this DLC is perfection, easily one of the best I have ever played. The writing and character interactions are everything, it’s littered with in jokes and easter eggs, and overall, it’s just so much fun.

Also, Shepard and Tali dancing, that is all.

Bonus: Grunt is the best

• edited December 2021

Even discounting how I once again accidentally gleaned a few things, what in the world in going on with this third season? Like, as good as this episode's infiltration and it's immediate aftermath is, they are doing some things with the characters that make me wonder wtf is with this lack of solidarity with how many characters there are and what's even happening with some like Merle, Michonne, the Governor, and lately Axel.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.