The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Going by the Telltale news post, they say it should be out in a couple weeks.

Poogers555 posted: »

(Not 100% sure, but apparently it is every 5 weeks between magazines and the newest released mid last week I believe, so still some time to go.)

• Well, 3-5 weeks can still be loosely/informally "a couple of weeks" but not like I'd complain if it really is 2 weeks.

dojo32161 posted: »

Going by the Telltale news post, they say it should be out in a couple weeks.

• edited December 2021

Sooooo, yeah. ME3 ending, I get it now.

Edit: Okay, so now I know how to get the good ending, brb.

• I was scrolling through YouTube when I stumbled onto a thumbnail of a bunch of scales or rocks covering the back of someones neck. I was confused at what it was so I stared at it for like a minute until I realised it was a horde of ticks.

It's a horrible day to have eyes.

• YouTube shouldn't have done that, instead gave an middle ground button.

AronDracula posted: »

Rest in peace, Youtube Dislike Number.

• edited December 2021

TFW you download a game and you intend to earn its Platinum but a few minutes later, you lose your mood for it immediately:

• Ah yes the neutral button.

YouTube shouldn't have done that, instead gave an middle ground button.

• Same kind of feeling when you install a game you never finished, only to immediately realize why you stopped in the first place. :(

Rinse and repeat, every 2 years lol.

TFW you download a game and you intend to earn its Platinum but a few minutes later, you lose your mood for it immediately:

• damnit dude you just reminded me that video no longer has the perfectly balanced ratio

AChicken posted: »

Ah yes the neutral button.

• Ew. Neutrals.

• edited December 2021

Same with Thanos' "perfectly balanced, as all things should be" video

damnit dude you just reminded me that video no longer has the perfectly balanced ratio

• I mean it’s hard to like and dislike for me when I view things on YouTube , like if I like what this creator did on certain stuff on the video but that other half that was horrible which is why it’s hard to decide sometimes those YouTube videos Without a like or dislike that’s why I was hoping as you said a neutral button to even things out because just having a like or dislike button doesn’t seem that satisfying.

• "What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for power? Gold? Or was he simply born with a heart full of neutrality?!"

I recently saw this episode again, great running joke throughout it.

Ew. Neutrals.

• edited December 2021

Trailer for Dreamwork's new animated movie, The Bad Guys. It looks like it'll be a fun time, but I love that the art style is different from their usual stuff. It's a 2D/3D animation mix and the faces really remind of how Sony did The Mitchell's vs The Machines.

I wonder if Disney will end up doing something like this in the future. They were kind of ahead of the game with their Paperman and Feast shorts from a few years back, but I'd like to see them incorporate that style in a feature.

• Well, it took some finagling and some last minute scavenging, but I finally was able to achieve the “best” Mass Effect ending. Still far from perfect, but better than the alternative.

• Since I'm still doing my alternate playthrugh of Life Is Strange season 1 I couldn't help but look up if there was TV series of life is strange being developed in the prosses

https://www.avclub.com/the-life-is-strange-tv-adaptation-is-still-happening-n-1847595466

If it pulls off please , don’t make the characters less of who they are
    which Entertainment industry always doesI understand creative Liberty but at least be loyal to of a plot.

But anyways what do you guys think of this ?

• edited December 2021

Ooh. The rounded character styles and expressions reminds me a bit of Luca as well (though I still have yet to see it to fully confirm). The animation style kinda gives me some spider-verse vibes too. Tarantula looks super dang cute. Round, chibi-like style, tiny character model compared to the group lol.
    Damn the cast is stacked. Sam Rockwell (I thought it was John Goodman), Akwafina, Anthony Ramos, Zazie Beetz, Craig Robinson and Richard Ayoade. I know I complain about celebrity casting vs. actual VAs but that's still neat.

...and of course they use Bad Guy as 'obligatory popular trailer song that also works as a pun'. eye-rolls

edit: Wait I just remembered the Captain Underpants movie is a thing and by Dreamworks... this style feels a lot like that.

lupinb0y posted: »

Trailer for Dreamwork's new animated movie, The Bad Guys. It looks like it'll be a fun time, but I love that the art style is different from

• Not sure when that copy of GI comes out, but Telltale on Twitter is now saying there will be a lot in response to people asking about Wolf 2, so looks like it is possible we get some screenshots and maybe a brief idea of the story, like what characters we can expect other than Snow and Bigby.

• Chloe is an emoji hater.

• Yesterday, I had to make a choice of what game I should buy for christmas and 2 games came into my mind. Wanna play a game? Here is a hint: both games are remasters and both were released this year. Can you guess which games I am referring to and which one did I choose to buy?

• The Life is Strange Remastered Collection

Yesterday, I had to make a choice of what game I should buy for christmas and 2 games came into my mind. Wanna play a game? Here is a hint:

• Nice

Not sure when that copy of GI comes out, but Telltale on Twitter is now saying there will be a lot in response to people asking about Wolf 2

• At least that's better than GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition

The Life is Strange Remastered Collection

• ho ho ho what do all of you boys and girls want to see in the game informer article HOOO HOOOOO HOOOOOO!

• I hope they keep the winter-themed aesthetic from the old Telltale teases (that one blue Snowflake teaser card comes to mind). Winter is just a cool season to set your fiction in (forgive the pun!!) and nicely offers environment twists if you haven't featured snow yet in the world...

@AronDracula

Here is a hint: both games are remasters and both were released this year.

Mass Effect Legendary Collection
    or, Alan Wake?

ho ho ho what do all of you boys and girls want to see in the game informer article HOOO HOOOOO HOOOOOO!

• Ho Ho Ho! Yes! I too look forward too seeing what the winter theme can bring to the table! Hoooo Hooo Hooo!

I hope they keep the winter-themed aesthetic from the old Telltale teases (that one blue Snowflake teaser card comes to mind). Winter is jus

• Finally did my last exam... and I have finished my Associate’s. It took 3 years and during that time, I worked 3 jobs, lost a dog, gained a dog, lost a job then got it back, quit 2 jobs, and gained 3 new house/pet sitting clients.

Now onto my AAS in vet technology. Wish me luck, see you all again in about 2 years.

I hope they keep the winter-themed aesthetic from the old Telltale teases (that one blue Snowflake teaser card comes to mind). Winter is jus

• So wait, which one did you get, Alan Wake or Mass Effect?

• Alan Wake

So wait, which one did you get, Alan Wake or Mass Effect?

• edited December 2021

Excellent choice my friend.

Gameplay is a bit dated and repetitive for its time (by which I mean simple), but the story is still pretty engaging and has some fun thriller elements. The two bonus episodes after the main conclusion of the story are pretty great, too.

Alan Wake

• Sony's Spider-Man 2, Remedy's Alan Wake 2, and Telltale's Wolf 2 (or The Expanse) could all release in 2023. What a freaking stacked year.

• Oh wow that's really different from their usual stuff, but it looks neat!

New Dontnod Game https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Ent/status/1471170736400306178

• good job, proud of you!! good luck with your further studies, that shit is hell

Finally did my last exam... and I have finished my Associate’s. It took 3 years and during that time, I worked 3 jobs, lost a dog, gained a

• Damn, was hoping for Mass Effect. I just played it myself and need to talk about it. I've been doing nothing but hang out on the ME subreddit for the last few days.

Alan Wake

• Yeah, I'll definitely get into Mass Effect sooner or later. I chose Alan Wake instead because the price was smaller and I am obssessed with linear horror more than RPGs that aren't made by FromSoftware.

Damn, was hoping for Mass Effect. I just played it myself and need to talk about it. I've been doing nothing but hang out on the ME subreddit for the last few days.

• I got a question for everyone?

Would Robert Downing Jr make a great Mr. Jefferson?

Or do you have someone else in mind ?

• edited December 2021

Uh, okay, but who would gonna be Louise?

I got a question for everyone? Would Robert Downing Jr make a great Mr. Jefferson? Or do you have someone else in mind ?

• edited December 2021

https://collider.com/avatar-the-last-airbender-netflix-tv-show-azula-elizabeth-yu/

• Elizabeth Yu (she/her; Untitled Ray Romano Film, All My Love) will play Azula, one of the series most beloved yet evil villains. Her description reads, "The intensely driven princess of the Fire Nation. A firebending prodigy and relentless perfectionist, she’ll stop at nothing to secure her position as the heir to the throne."
    • Maria Zhang (she/her) will play Suki: "The intimidating leader of the Kyoshi Warriors, an elite female fighting force dedicated to protecting their community and upholding the ideals of their namesake, Avatar Kyoshi."
    • Tamlyn Tomita (she/her; The Good Doctor, Cobra Kai) will play Yukari, a brand new character that could point towards the series spending more time with the Kyoshi Warriors and with Kyoshi Island. "Suki’s mother and the fiercely protective mayor of her small village on Kyoshi Island."
    • Yvonne Chapman (she/her; Kung Fu, Family Law) will play Avatar Kyoshi, the earthbending Avatar of two lifetimes ago. "A legendary warrior revered for her bravery, fearsome fighting skills, and uncompromising dedication to the cause of justice."
    • Casey Camp-Horinek (she/her, Barking Water, Reservation Dogs) will play Gran Gran. "Katara and Sokka’s grandmother and the compassionate and wise matriarch of the Southern Water Tribe."

Ok, ever since the Avatar creators left the Netflix show, I have been hearing nothing but great casting choices for the live-action adaptation. I expected worse like most of us due to creators leaving for creative differences but it seems we get proven wrong so far. Props to Netflix for at least taking time of getting the right cast, unlike Shylaman. Now all we need is the decisions about the storyline. All they have to do is: don't pull a Lion King remake and ALSO don't make any changes that make no sense.

EDIT: I just noticed that they are going to add a new character who wasn't in the cartoon and that is going to be Suki's mother. I hope she is not a filler character

Sign in to comment in this discussion.