The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• ‎‎‎

Everyone drop everything right now, there's a crisis on our hands. I am unable to figure out how to share GIFs and images to these illustrious Forums, and truth be told, I feel left out. Help me out guys, be a pal

• says they want to complain about the books then says they want to talk about it as little as possible

I'll put it like this, I would like to be part of an exclusive club that can complain about the Book. I'd prefer if my name was tied to it via a server, if we can get it tied to the Telltale servers that would be swell. Now, I don't plan on doing it much, it's more for the novelty of it, I'd rather not talk about NFT's.

However, this is an acceptable compromise. Gives me a bit more time to get back to bitching about LiS, so thank you.

Make it quick, today's Monday, the Books are meant to be going over to your place later.

And no, I didn't just post a gif to rub it in that I know how to, why would you even think that?

I don't know, I must be seeing things, for a second I thought you actually posted a gif to rub it in because you know how to and I don't, but alas, I was mistaken.

says they want to complain about the books then says they want to talk about it as little as possible However, this is an acceptable

• Do I have to travel to Chicago to find out how to post gifs? I'd rather not, I have yet to get my passport, then there's the cost of the flight, accomodation and transportation to wherever I need to go in Chicago to unlock the share gif perk.

‎‎‎

• When the creator is so involved into their art that they're tied to it, it's hard to separate them and said art, I do think the comparison you gave was like comparing an anthill to a mountain, a bit extreme.

AronDracula posted: »

You could say the same to people who hate the Jeepers Creepers movies only for its director alone. But I don't disagree.

• edited January 2022

Bruh what the fuck, Microsoft just bought out Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion. Nearly 10 times for than they paid for Bethesda.

King Games is probably the biggest thing on there because Candy Crush makes a shitzillion dollars. Far more than any of the other games listed.

I guess the best we can hope for is that Microsoft turns things around for them and weeds out the filth, but then again they said that Bobby Kotick will still remain as CEO so who the fuck knows.

Fml is the entire AAA gaming industry going to be owned by like five companies?

• edited January 2022

What???????

UPDATE: So yeah it's true, the deal will close in 2023, and apparently, Bobby Kotick may be gone by then, I can't imagine Phil keeping him around when his name is as radioactive as it is. This'll of course benefit me, a player in the Xbox ecosystem, but, I can't help but think this isn't... good? There's the elephant in the room of what that means for Activision games on PlayStation, and I haven't a notion if this acquisition will even pass anti-trust laws.

I don't even play Activision games, the last one I played was Overwatch, which I stopped for a couple of reasons, one of which was the sexual harassment that was going on at Activision Blizzard and the naming of the character Cole Cassidy (formerly named McCree) after a dev that engaged in that messed up behaviour.

UPDATE 2: Jason Schreier has shared a mass email from Bobby Kotick to Activision Staff:

Apparently Microsoft can't yeet Bobby out yet because the acquisition isn't closed, so until June 2023 or a little bit past that, Microsoft can't have a say in what Activision does in any shape or form, once the deal is closed, and once the "quiet period" is past, then Microsoft, and Phil, can Thanos snap Bobby out of Activision

lupinb0y posted: »

Bruh what the fuck, Microsoft just bought out Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion. Nearly 10 times for than they paid for Bethesda.

• Microsoft just bought out Activision Blizzard

Oh no. Anyways...

• Lol yup but,wow Microsoft is buying a lot of stuff. Not mention their Gamepass is insanely good. Like wow

Microsoft just bought out Activision Blizzard Oh no. Anyways...

• Yep, props to them. I hope they give Blizzard sort of a redemption.

strwar3 posted: »

Lol yup but,wow Microsoft is buying a lot of stuff. Not mention their Gamepass is insanely good. Like wow

• They spent WHAT??!

First of all, this makes their 7.5 Billion Bethesda buyout feel miniscule.

Secondly, this trumps the news I heard yesterday that Take-Two bought Zynga Games (mobile game company) for 12 Billion$

Third of all... 68 Billion Dollars?! How much do we want to bet is going straight in the Executive's and CEO'S accounts?
    They spent nearly as much as Disney did to buy FOX. (71B$) Holy crap.

Fourth of everything else... Crash Bandicoot was once the closest thing Sony had to a mascot. I guess he's gonna be repping Microsoft in the future :(

• Who knows. I just don't anything from Blizzard. Like give them a redemption arc for ppl who do play their games.

Yep, props to them. I hope they give Blizzard sort of a redemption.

• Never played the game but this looks REALLY good

...Those eye-lids creep me out though and I don't know why

• Luckly, there is nothing for me to be concerned about because there is no Blizzard game that I played or got my attention

Who knows. I just don't anything from Blizzard. Like give them a redemption arc for ppl who do play their games.

• edited January 2022

Holy shit, that’s massive. Honestly, I feel as though Sony is shitting their pants at this, because Microsoft is dishing out a fuckton of money to make Xbox and Gamepass the superior choice. While there aren’t any Activision Blizzard games that appeal to me (unless they bring the Guitar Hero series back), them buying Bethesda alone has been enough for me to consider getting an Xbox. They keep doing this, I might not have a choice. We will see if this holds up once regulators and the SEC is done looking at it, because this would raise some anti-trust concerns, but I’d say the chances of it being rejected are small.

Needless to say Activision’s stock is doing really well right now, up about 25% today once the news hit and is currently at about $82 per share, up from a closing of $65.39 yesterday. This is still well below the 52 week high of $104.53, but the stock has been trending down due to the controversy surrounding the harassment claims.

• lupinb0y posted: »

• Lol 😂 omg

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1483438540453289985

• Who is this guy?

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1483438540453289985

• It's a parody account of Sony's previous CEO Kaz Hirai, they're basically just making the joke that, now that Microsoft owns Activision-Blizzard, it's much easier to say they take a stand against that company (previously Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo never made any public statements, just leaked documents saying they were "reevaluating their partnership" with the studio).

Who is this guy?

• Honestly, I feel as though Sony is shitting their pants at this, because Microsoft is dishing out a fuckton of money to make Xbox and Gamepass the superior choice.

One of my best choices when I was a kid growing. Chose the right one from the very beginning of my gaming life. Oh yeah Xbox is Supreme!

Also lol yup Sony is wishing they really done something soon about this. Like even their own country(Japan 🇯🇵 Banzai) where I thought the ppl there love Sony and their games are getting really really angry over some bad stuff don't has been doing lately and censorship stuff of course. Not to mention Hideo Kojima leaving Sony to work for Xbox and Xbox giving a Lot fuckton of money to make his games. Like let's just say it now. Sony is clearly fucked if they have only have God Of War 5 and stand alone one party system games now. Like Gamepass is destroying them and with this? Yup.

Holy shit, that’s massive. Honestly, I feel as though Sony is shitting their pants at this, because Microsoft is dishing out a fuckton of mo

• Not really. They still have Marvel's Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, GOW, Horizon Forbbiden West, whatever Bluepoint's next project is and hopefully something related to Bloodborne (Whether a sequel or a remaster). They are far, far away from falling.

Honestly, I feel as though Sony is shitting their pants at this, because Microsoft is dishing out a fuckton of money to make Xbox and Gamepa

• I'm worried their Game Pass competitor won't be that great either. At least leaks from their Project Spartacus don't sound all that great when compared to what Xbox offers.

Apart from that though, they have a huge reputation of high-quality single player games that sell out really well. This Activision Blizzard stuff seems way more focused on Multiplayer Live-Service titles so I don't think Sony is too worried.
    (Overwatch, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft being the big ones)

Sony's Spartacus Game Pass project goes like this, starting with 3 tiers:

T1. The Benefits of PS Plus (free games every month, online access, bigger discounts in the store)
    T2. The Benefits of PS Plus and PS Now (Game Streaming/Downloading from a selected catalog of hundreds of PS1, 2, streaming 3, and downloading 4 games)
    T3. All of the above plus extended demos of titles and (maybe downloadable) extra selection of PS1, PS2, and PS3 games.

Compared to Xbox Game Pass, it sounds like there's a number of good features missing from the biggest tier..
    No mention so far of day-one access to console-exclusive titles,
    No mention of all Legacy titles being able to be downloaded/supported,
    And I think Xbox even has cloud gaming features supported on Game Pass, so you're able to bring your collection with you if you have a good internet connection.

We'll have to wait and see how this project rumors evolve, but Xbox Game Pass seems like a tough beast to beat.

Honestly, I feel as though Sony is shitting their pants at this, because Microsoft is dishing out a fuckton of money to make Xbox and Gamepa

• We'll have to wait and see how this project rumors evolve, but Xbox Game Pass seems like a tough beast to beat.

Pretty hard to beat right there and discounts too especially when now Xbox GamePass has EA

AChicken posted: »

I'm worried their Game Pass competitor won't be that great either. At least leaks from their Project Spartacus don't sound all that great wh

• Damn that looks really good. Never played the game because I'm a huge coward but definitely looking forward to this.

...Those eye-lids creep me out though and I don't know why

Is it because of the shine?

AChicken posted: »

Never played the game but this looks REALLY good ...Those eye-lids creep me out though and I don't know why

• Is it because of the shine?

Mm yeah it's probably the shine effect on their eyelids. Neither of the shine colours match their 'skin' colour, so it feels really disconnected from the design. Like, grotesque? In a way? They're off-puttingly dark for me.
    Eh, I'll be checking the show when it's out anyway. Looks like it might be similar to the games, if a bunch of the devil's minions are bent on killing them.

Damn that looks really good. Never played the game because I'm a huge coward but definitely looking forward to this. ...Those eye-lids creep me out though and I don't know why Is it because of the shine?

• Don't play the game whatever you do. I've played it, and the mental exhaustion, the torture it causes, the absolute bullshit that is that game, is not worth inflicting upon yourself. It will suck the soul out of you, which is somewhat related to the game, it will test your sanity, it should've took a page from Amnesia's book and included an insanity meter, because you play this, you were exceeding the meter. If you value your life, your sanity, and your passion for video games, I'd avoid Cuphead like the plague... I wish I did.

Damn that looks really good. Never played the game because I'm a huge coward but definitely looking forward to this. ...Those eye-lids creep me out though and I don't know why Is it because of the shine?

• I fooled around quite a bit with the Spider-Man item in Fortnite today, and mostly figured out why Epic Games managed to nail the swinging so well compared to the recent Avengers game by Square Enix.

It's that darn Unreal 4/5 (can't remember which one FN uses) physics system.
    Pretty sure the engine was updated recently as there's been additions as: fire that spreads to grass and wood objects, ziplines are further affected by gravity/inclines, a new sliding mechanic to keep speed, floatable, rideable timber logs, and a new tornado that flings objects and props everywhere.

And what makes the Spidey item so great is how it uses momentum and gravity to keep things moving quickly and smoothly.
    The momentum you get when swinging from the ground is a lot different than if you're flying/falling through the air. You keep the momentum.
    The "zip" move (as I'd like to call it), where you hold the web line for just a second or two propels your character in the air and slightly forward. This is key to maintaining height and speed when in an area with few trees, mountains, or buildings.
    The arc of your swing is also perfectly dictated by how far your web line is. (Mostly, I think it has a limit that it shortens you to, but otherwise, if your line is too short, you'll be hitting your head on a tree instead of swinging out+away from it.

All in all, the Avengers game doesn't have any of this from what I've seen. You can seem to build up a little bit of momentum with the swing, but it's otherwise a canned animation that resets you every time you hit the trigger.

This has been: "random thoughts about Fortnite with Chicken" :joy: :

• the last of us multiplayer better be legendary

Not really. They still have Marvel's Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, GOW, Horizon Forbbiden West, whatever Bluepoint's next project is and hopefully something related to Bloodborne (Whether a sequel or a remaster). They are far, far away from falling.

• Phew

• I'm not sure. Hopefully they at least keep a promise for MP players

Ghetsis posted: »

the last of us multiplayer better be legendary

• Lol omg yup it is only Wednesday

dojo32161 posted: »

Phew

• So I was thinking recently and like. What if and hear me out... What.... If...?

• What If... Nerissa had not sold out her plan to Georgie Porgie?

Poogers555 posted: »

So I was thinking recently and like. What if and hear me out... What.... If...?

• What if Microsoft bought Telltale and announced a Minecraft Story Mode: Reloaded game?

What If... Nerissa had not sold out her plan to Georgie Porgie?

• I gotta say. I don't think I have a valid explanation why I changed my opinion on The Last of Us Part 2. The best I can give is that I don't care about the story anymore. I don't find any of the characters likable as a whole.

• edited January 2022

The best I can give is that I don't care about the story anymore. I don't find any of the characters likable as a whole.

Basically playing that Last of US 2 for you means you to imagine this is a new game where none of the characters or story exists and only in your mind does it feel different. Like you have to assume this is different universe where Ellie or Joel or even Abby don't exist and have different names and come off likeable only in a different mindset.

Like I understand you have given this game a another chance. But,I stand by what I said before about the game. Graphics and gameplay is okay. But,plot and story? Make no sense anymore in this game. Cause Revenge is bad,m'kay. Lol

I gotta say. I don't think I have a valid explanation why I changed my opinion on The Last of Us Part 2. The best I can give is that I don't care about the story anymore. I don't find any of the characters likable as a whole.

• MUMBLE MODE

MUMBLE MODE CONFIRMED

Also April 5th cool

• THEY'RE
    MAKING
    A
    WHAT

dojo32161 posted: »

Yooooooo! https://twitter.com/netflixfilm/status/1484163842951233542 https://twitter.com/NetflixFilm/status/1484164289720168448

• I would rather live in the timeline where Thanos snaps away half of all life in the universe.

What if Microsoft bought Telltale and announced a Minecraft Story Mode: Reloaded game?

• Not a particularly bad idea. Would be nice Game Pass content if they space episodes out monthly. But I don't like MCSM so yeah it's good it's just a what if

What if Microsoft bought Telltale and announced a Minecraft Story Mode: Reloaded game?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.