The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited January 2022

The Goat forever and always!

Edit note now. Looks likes it isn't happening at all. Lol wow 🤣

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1487508331967258630 Thus caps the end of one of the most illustrious careers in not just the NF

• So, now that my Horizon replay is finished and there's still a shitton of time to kill between now and H:FW, I need something new to play. And as is typical, my indecisive ass can't figure it out. I need help/an opportunity to put my thoughts down somewhere.

• Mass Effect: Andromeda: Yeah I know, I know, why would I even consider this when it got nothing but negative press? Well for starters, I'm still riding a Mass Effect high after completing the original trilogy. And two, from what I hear, some of the worst parts of it (facial animations, bugs) were improved since the initial launch. I'm not expecting it to be of the same caliber as the original trilogy, but something to satiate my ME cravings. My only fear is it will be similar to what happened when I watched The Legend of Korra for the first time, I jumped in too quickly after Avatar and didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to, only to watch it again later on its own and love it.
    • Dragon Age series: Another BioWare game, probably their second most popular series. I guess this should really be limited to just Dragon Age Inquisition, since I don't have a PC anymore (well technically I never did, I just utilized Boot Camp on my Mac to have Windows software and would play PC games like that. But, since the new M1 Macbook's don't offer Boot Camp, and the Mac versions of DA:O and DAII no longer exist, and with no indication of a remaster in the works, I'm screwed there). Might be interesting to play with DA4 coming out next year, but I feel as though I'd be missing out by not playing the other games, even if it's not necessary.
    • Cyberpunk 2077: I pre-ordered this game, and I still desperately want to play it. The problem is that I hear its still a broken mess, albeit slightly better. CD hasn't been able to stick to their schedule (still waiting on that next-gen update), and while the patches have certainly made it a more enjoyable experience, I hear its still nowhere close to what was advertised.
    • Demon's Souls: I bought it when I got the PS5. Never played anything in the Souls series, so I figured this would be a good place to start. Problem is (and you can laugh at me all you want), I don't have a shitton of patience if I get stuck, and these games are notoriously difficult I hear. I'm worried I'd just get frustrated and put it down.
    • Deathloop: Never have I seen a game get so much critical praise and get called a GOTY contender, only to get forgotten so quickly after launch. Which sucks because I love Arkane Studios for their work on Dishonored and Prey. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually, but my hesitation here is that it was so quickly forgotten.
    • Returnal: Another time loop game that is the opposite of Deathloop, not as well received but still has a lot of people talking about it and enjoying the game. I don't know, I just feel stuck with these two games.
    • Kena Bridge of Spirits: Honestly, this is not a game that's usually in my forte, but I won't lie when I say there is something drawing me to it. The art and animation looks terrific, but I've heard some mixed things about everything else.
    • Life is Strange: True Colors: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no
    • Hades: One of the senior managers at my office, who is a huge gamer, has been talking nonstop about this game, and I've heard nothing but good things about it. Never played a dungeon crawler game before, so maybe it's time to break that?
    • Ratchet and Clank (2016): This one has been sitting in my library for a while, but I haven't actually played it. Which is weird because I also want to play Rift Apart, but only after I play this so I'm not going in completely blind and have some understanding of the series.
    • Heavy Rain: I...honestly don't even remember when I got this game, or how I came to get it. I think it came when I bought Detroit Become Human, but even then I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that it's sitting in my library now for years untouched. I know, it's David Cage and everyone hates him for some reason, but I did like Detroit so I really don't understand why so many look down on him.
  • Life is Strange: True Colors: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no

I expected this coming from you. :P

Heavy Rain: I...honestly don't even remember when I got this game, or how I came to get it. I think it came when I bought Detroit Become Human, but even then I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that it's sitting in my library now for years untouched. I know, it's David Cage and everyone hates him for some reason, but I did like Detroit so I really don't understand why so many look down on him.

Some people hate David Cage for the writing in his games.

Also he is egocentric and a horrible person overall.

Heavy Rain it's the kind of media that you can understand why it was acclaimed when it came out because how innovative was for videogames, but nowday it's impossible ignore how poorly his writing has aged.

So, now that my Horizon replay is finished and there's still a shitton of time to kill between now and H:FW, I need something new to play. A

• Mass Effect: Andromeda

I don't think you should expect it to be very playable and glitchless since it was abandoned immediately just a few months after launch.

Cyberpunk 2077

I watched Crowbcat's video on the game and it actually irritated me to see it being even worse than a lot of open world games that came before it in almost every possible way. That's why I made my decision to just skip it completely. It's obvious that CDPR lied about almost everything in the marketing. Why people considered them Gods of gaming in the first place is beyond me.

Demon's Souls

I would say give it a shot. I also had the same feeling when I was playing Bloodborne for the first time but it proved me wrong and it became my favorite game of all time. I heard that Demon's Souls is the easiest Souls entry but that's only if you experienced the Souls gameplay formula before. Dying is the way to learn how to beat a boss.

Heavy Rain

Would definitely recommend it. However, do not expect the writing to be very good, you might find some moments to be cringey or nonsensical. I did like the story and the choices you make do matter, unlike the Telltale games.

So, now that my Horizon replay is finished and there's still a shitton of time to kill between now and H:FW, I need something new to play. A

• I feel like about cry laughing, particularly when the music picks up

Probably doesn't help that it reminded me of that pickpocketing game from last year, which had the same voices

captainivy1 posted: »

Aaaand the price for the most awkward trailer of all time goes to this lil beaut. Clementines absolute trainwreck of a return in stores June 22nd. Aren't y'all excited?!?!!

• Omg, I saw that! It's like, wth was he doing logging on that computer?

Also, kudos to that lady for so matter of factly getting his attention with the same face and tone she uses for delegation

lupinb0y posted: »

I can't believe Tifa from Final Fantasy is now part of the italian senate.

• Honest question: has anyone ever happened to do something stupid or reckless to anybody, they call you out for that, then you intend to apologize and promise to them to not ever do that again and instead of giving you a second chance, they humiliate and act ignorant towards you?

• Uh, well, yeah. You don't always get a second chance at things. Time heals all wounds, though, so give it some time. The amount of time depends on the severity of the offense.

AronDracula posted: »

Honest question: has anyone ever happened to do something stupid or reckless to anybody, they call you out for that, then you intend to apol

• Well, I did my best, yet they still refuse to communicate. It's a shame because I wanted to praise their work and effort.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Uh, well, yeah. You don't always get a second chance at things. Time heals all wounds, though, so give it some time. The amount of time depends on the severity of the offense.

• Just realized I missed the opportunity to make this more Telltale-specific:

Anyway, most of what you do now will likely only make matters worse, so it's better to wait. If you can't, though, try sending a card (the paper kind) to the effect of, "Sorry I was a jerk, I think your work is awesome, If you ever want to reconnect, let me know, I'll be here."

Well, I did my best, yet they still refuse to communicate. It's a shame because I wanted to praise their work and effort.

• edited January 2022

Hades:

All I gotta say is

But yeah, if you've got a lot of free time, take it from me -- this game can suck up free time very well. It's a rogue-like, so there's emphasis on dying and restarting, with small bits of upgrades each time (also unravelling the story and relationships between characters). The humongous amount of voiced lines, the "just one more run", the great sense of incremental progression. It's frustrating at times, but I've done about 60 runs now already in the last month and a week, so that's good.

Deathloop:

Not played, but from what I've seen and heard, it's good, depending on how you play it. If you like Dishonored (and I know you like Dishonored), you should like this game pretty well.

Returnal:

Like Hades, this is a rogue-like, so be prepared to die a lot. But I'd heard it's pretty difficult -- also there's no option to save and return later , so runs can go up to 3-4 hours to beat the game in one sitting. Be prepared for that, or to leave your PS5 in Rest Mode, where it can be prone to fail or auto-update your game, wiping your Returnal Run. Reviews are still great though!

Kena Bridge of Spirits:

lupinb0y says it's good and I trust lupinb0y so..........
    probably a good choice?

Ratchet and Clank (2016)

This more has to do with the plot of the 2016 film than it does the general lore of the video games. so no robotic Dr. Nefarious here :(
    I also own it but haven't played it, so I can't say much for myself -- but I've heard it's a serviceable Ratchet and Clank game, and it should give you the general info on who the main characters are -- Ratchet, Clank, and their pal Quark.

Heavy Rain:

Good game. but kinda BONKERS game at times. Especially with the FBI investigator and some of the sequences with Ethan.
    It's a fun mystery/thriller that have some fun scenes depending on your choices -- but Detroit did it better. It's a fun time, but honestly it's not worth replaying after one time, since you'll know the intricacies of the mystery and I found it lost most of its luster.

In conclusion: Just start what you're in the mood for I guess? If you want to eperience and master a good gameplay-loop, go for Hades or Returnal. If you want story, R&C, Kena, Heavy Rain. If you want Big Budget Open-World? RPG Action Game, probably Andromeda or CP2077. Can't really say much on the others, since I'm not familiar at all.

• I recently finished watching All of Us are Dead on Netflix. I will say this. I think this show is filled with flaws.

There are some music choices that made no sense or just broke the immersion in some specific scenes, especially the ones where the main characters are fighting against the zombies.

There are still some characters that died for the dumbest reasons and some of their arcs just went absolutely nowhere.

• Cheong-San's mom managed to survive for hours in one episode, only for her to die right at the beginning of the next one, BY CALLING OUT CHEONG-SAN'S BEST FRIEND WHO WAS OBVIOUSLY A ZOMBIE. HOW COULD SHE NOT TELL?
    • That selfish bitch who got Cheong-San's friend killed just happened to stay alive for a few episodes, only for her to be killed by the half-zombified bully, WITHOUT DOING ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING. What was the point? She had no sort of a redemption arc and the english teacher dying for her was in vain, thus being one of my least favorite characters.
    • What was the point of the pregnant student who gave birth to her child in secret? She served no purpose to the story whatsoever. Are they gonna do something with her baby in the later seasons?
    • What was with that streamer guy who was lively recording his POV of the outbreak? Also served no purpose and had cringey acting.
    • That random little girl who lost her mother to zombies and just happened to approach the police officers at Cheong-San's mother's restaurant...Why was she part of the story?
    • What happened to the student who was with the suicidal girl? He was bit by her at the military bunker and she imprisoned her in a research room. No explanation what happened to that guy, did the military put him out of his misery?
    • Why was the boss bully kept alive until the episode where he was revealed to have survived only to be killed by his partner? It seems like he was only used to prove how much of a bastard that half-zombified bully was.
    • The reunion between On-Jo and her father was way too short. He dies by sacrifing himself for her and the others. Why have like 9 episodes of him surviving a lot of shenanigans, only for a very small pay off? Very underwhelming

To keep it non-spoilery, the first season contains way too many plotlines that just don't do anything to advance the plotline. I don't mind seeing different perspectives of people surviving the outbreak but they were too overexaggerated and too unfocused. Just why?

In terms of characters, I find them either decent, forgettable or just plain bad. I didn't find the characters to be that intriguing or that loveable. They aren't unlikeable but I'm not just very obsessed with them.

Some of the CGI effects aren't that great. They aren't as bad as the one in Peninsula (Sequel to Train to Busan) but they do kind of take me out of the show. Especially the parts where zombies are falling from buildings or other places.

There is one moment that made me cringe a lot:

The episode where the students are making a handmade toilet for them to take a crap and piss. It is realistic, I know but sometimes, some elements of realism are better off not being shown in fiction. I fucking hated that shit.

That's all the negativity I have so far with this show. Here are some positives:

The cinematography is really good. I love the practical effects and it seems like they hired a lot of extras to play the zombies instead of just making CGI models of them. Huge props.

I love how zombies are very tough and cannot be easily killed with melee weapons like baseball bats, chair legs or metal pipes. I think the solution is to stab them through either their brains or necks.

Just like Train to Busan, these zombie use sound instead of smell as an attraction. Which makes it more refreshing than just another "I'll eat you because you smell delicious" trope.

The story is paced very well that it prevents me from getting bored from watching it and like I said, almost each episode is more than one hour long whcih makes it even more surprising.

I liked the aspect of having some characters contain sort of a immunity to the zombie infection and have some sort of zombie strength and regeneraritive. The bully was the main antagonist of the season and the fact that he couldn't be killed by anything other than explosion or fire made him very hateable and very terrifying.

I think I have been writing forever and I'm tired, so here is my conclusion. All of Us are Dead is good show but I'm disappointed by the fact that it doesn't have the same quality as Train to Busan and Kingdom. If they intend to greenlight a second season, I hope they improve the writing and character development. I will say this though, out of all the mediocre/ok K-dramas that I have watched (Including #Alive, Peninsula and Seoul Station), All of Us are Dead is easily the best one.

• "uch-ah... unch-ah... o- one m-m- month... N-new year. N-no, u-u-pah upah- upah- daaaaaate...!"

• edited January 2022

Guess Sony didn’t want to sit on their asses any longer after Microsoft bought Activision Blizzard. Sony just bought Destiny developers Bungie for $3.6 billion.

• Damn, I was hoping it would Konami because they have a lot of great IPs that never got a proper revival. Bungie didn't do anything for me.

Guess Sony didn’t want to sit on their asses any longer after Microsoft bought Activision Blizzard. Sony just bought Destiny developers Bungie for $3.6 billion.

• Apparently they said this has been in the works for 5 months, and they've still got a few other buyouts in the cards.

• Happy Chinese New Year!

• Looks like the negative outcry was too huge for Troy Baker, he has apparently cancelled his NFT plans.

• I have a question, why is Twitter so popular? I used it only once or twice and I hated it. The User Interface is fucking garbage and it's more toxic than youtube users.

• I genuinely don't know, it's addicting for me, I don't interact with anyone but I use it to keep up with video game news and other interests of mine, but yeah, you'd be right in saying it's toxic, just saw Xbox put up a post for Black History Month, and there are comments slating them for it because of the focus on people of colour.

If you then try to engage these people in the marketplace of ideas with facts and logic and keep discourse civil, they call you "self-hating white guy", which is pretty funny.

I'm all for pressing corporations into meaning what they say all year round instead of a single month, because it's capitalising off of different causes and ethnic groups that are marginalized rather than make a true difference. I'm not saying that they can't make merch off these things, but a bigger push should be made, the profit should be the last thing to look at, spreading a good, heartfelt, genuine message to inspire change, that's what needs to come first.

I have a question, why is Twitter so popular? I used it only once or twice and I hated it. The User Interface is fucking garbage and it's more toxic than youtube users.

• So, Whoopi Goldberg is going to get fired for her recent comments on the Holocaust, right? I mean, she not only said one of the most heinous, ignorant, vile, and blatantly anti-Semitic/racist statements I’ve heard in a long while, while engaging in historical revisionism, but then doubles down on it hours after a supposed “apology.” Meanwhile, ABC and Disney (parent company of ABC) fired others for significantly less offenses while Whoopi just downplayed the deaths of 6 million people on live television, twice, and only days after International Holocaust Remembrance Day no less.

• Clearly this is Shere Khan concept art!

inb4 actually is shere khan concept art

lupinb0y posted: »

Eyyy https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1488557817342697474 Lol https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1488562388076924931

• Finished replaying AC2, again. On the Ezio Collection remastered. I will say it again. While this is one of the games that inspired me a lot into gaming and being the very first game I have ever 100% completed, it didn't age all that well, unfortunately. I think the story is way too long, the mission are kind of repetitive, the AI is poorly done and the climbing system is very dated. I still enjoyed it but I think I'll enjoy Brotherhood and Revelations more since they improved a lot in terms of gameplay.

In terms of the remastered version, it's actually not that bad. I thought it was gonna be filled with glitches and bugs but it's very playable. The graphics didn't really do big justice for me. Some parts look better, some parts look worse. Also, some problems from old versions still remained in this version, like texture and character popping.

• guys its been one whole month and a DAY and no update...

On a none joking note, when do you think the early update is gonna happen? I'm thinking Mid March through Mid April

• Imma say End of February.

Or... F17 rises from the grave to take back what is rightfully theirs!??

Poogers555 posted: »

guys its been one whole month and a DAY and no update... On a none joking note, when do you think the early update is gonna happen? I'm thinking Mid March through Mid April

• edited February 2022

mean, she not only said one of the most heinous, ignorant, vile, and blatantly anti-Semitic/racist statements I’ve heard in a long while, while engaging in historical revisionism, but then doubles down on it hours after a supposed “apology.”

I mean I always hated her from the very beginning of what I seen from her. I knew one day, she will say something more stupid and heinous. Still two weeks of suspension? Ugh Roseanne Barr got fired from ABC. Hypocrites. I mean I hate Disney anyway with live action movie reboot. Like,I know the Disney Is already destroying my childhood memories of good and happy sitting on a chair and saying "ah ,that was fun and relaxing". Lol

So, Whoopi Goldberg is going to get fired for her recent comments on the Holocaust, right? I mean, she not only said one of the most heinous

• I'm thinking Mid March through Mid April

They did say early 2022. So possibly mid March or April. Like that is early

Poogers555 posted: »

guys its been one whole month and a DAY and no update... On a none joking note, when do you think the early update is gonna happen? I'm thinking Mid March through Mid April

• edited February 2022

That show won't last forever,

• Yeah, no that's just plain messed up on her part, extremely messed up. I think she should be booted off ABC for that because, like, who in their right mind says what she said? As AChicken shared, she's been suspended for two weeks, but that's the sort of controversy that warrants a more serious punishment.

So, Whoopi Goldberg is going to get fired for her recent comments on the Holocaust, right? I mean, she not only said one of the most heinous

• just found more tales cut stuff but already release long ass video

• edited February 2022

Also @AChicken

2 weeks is a mild slap on the wrist, it’s basically just keeping her off the air until it blows over and people move onto the next news story. The news will go back to talking about Joe Rogan, or the Supreme Court nominee, or the Canadian truck convoy, or Ukraine again, and people will forget this, at least that’s what ABC is hoping. Reports are saying she’s ready to quit, and all I can do is root for her to do it. Please Whoopi, do us all a favor.

And trust me Chicken, this is not minor. I’m seeing a lot of people on both sides of the political spectrum unite in condemning her. That’s especially rare today, that shows how bad it is. Plus, considering that the topic was about a school in Tennessee removing Maus from its curriculum about the Holocaust (not removing the Holocaust as a subject matter itself, but just this particular material), which has on the first page a direct quote from Hitler that contradicts what Caryn Elaine Johnson (Whoopi’s real name since, reportedly her mother chose a Jewish name to improve her chances in Hollywood) said on the show, it doesn’t help her case.

Yeah, no that's just plain messed up on her part, extremely messed up. I think she should be booted off ABC for that because, like, who in t

• Watching someone playing the early access of Dying Light 2, I have to say: while the story has potential to be interesting, the combat animation just doesn't work for me. It still feels like they couldn't make it as engaging as the one from the first game. Dying Light 1 combat was very physic-based and non-scripted but in the sequel, it's nothing like that. Still have yet to see but I am disappointed with the combat in Dying Light 2.

• Apologies for the long post, but this is a personal one to me and one I have to get off my chest. The metal music community lost a legend by the name of Jon Zazula. Most wouldn't have heard of him, he wasn't a musician or songwriter, but he did have one of the most profound impacts on metal, and music.

Jon was a record store owner here in my state of New Jersey, in a town called Old Bridge. Thanks to the advice of his wife Marsha (who died last year), his store specialized in selling music from rock and metal bands from the UK that were looking to gain a US audience. Along with the store, he also helped book local shows in NJ and NY for up and coming metal acts like Venom and Raven, landing some of them their first real exposure in the US, as well as for local bands like NY's Anthrax. His passion for the music and the lengths he would go to support these bands was unmatched by anyone at the time, he truly believed in the music.

One day in 1982, he was introduced to this band from California who just released a demo tape, entitled No Life 'Til Leather. To him, it was lightning in a bottle, it blew him away, it was nothing he had ever heard before. He was so enthralled he used his contacts to get in touch with the band, offering to use his own money to have them travel to NJ for not only shows, but to get them signed. The band agreed, and promptly travelled across the country where Jon got them local gigs with some of the other aforementioned bands. Not only did they open for them, they reportedly blew them out of the water, just as many if not more people were coming for them as they were the headlining act. What they were playing was nothing anyone had ever heard before. These people were drawn to this music, "thrash metal" it was called, and the band developed a huge East coast following similar to what they had out West.

That band, was Metallica.

In the meantime, Jon was trying to make the case to have Metallica signed to a major label, only for every one to turn him down. Refusing to quit, he and his wife said "Fuck it, we'll do it ourselves" and made their own label, Megaforce Records, and signed Metallica. Along with releasing their first two studio albums under Megaforce, he became the bands first real manager, a mentor to the young members, and one of the most important people to their success. Megaforce would go onto sign other thrash bands like Anthrax, Testament, and Overkill to their roster, and almost singlehandedly, Jon helped kickstart and launch the careers of some of the biggest thrash bands of all time, and in the case of Metallica, one of the biggest bands of all time. Megaforce is still around today as one of the primary metal music labels.

To get personal, to say that Metallica has had an impact on my life is an understatement. I don't have this stupid username just because I like them, I have it because of how they changed my life. Their music, their stories, this band, has helped shape me into the person I am today, it spoke to me in a way that other bands and songs never did before. It exposed me to an entire community that I am so proud to be a part of, friends that I am thankful to have in my life, and this band and its music has gotten me through and continues to get me through the toughest points in my life. It may sound silly, but honestly, I don't have the words to fully express how important this music and genre is to me. And the fact of the matter is, the band wouldn't even be around if it wasn't for the risks that this man took. Anyone else wouldn't have taken the chance, and maybe Metallica just stays a local West coast band and fades away into obscurity. This one man, and his wife, helped start the careers of so many bands, and in doing so, changed the entire music landscape. Metallica is one of the top selling and most successful bands on the planet, their music is in the Library of Congress for Christ sake. To say that Jon is a legend doesn't do him justice. I cried a bit yesterday when I heard the news of his passing, but I am permanently thankful for all that he did during Metallica's early days. Rest in peace Jon, I hope you and Marsha are together again in the next life.

• edited February 2022

And trust me Chicken, this is not minor.

Oh, wait, you think I mean what she said was minor?
    I didn't mean that. I meant ABC's handling of this seems really minor. Like, 2 weeks, that's barely anything.

I agree this is a serious claim she made and I think it's ridiculous that the controversy started from a dumb school board banning a book on the Holocaust for reasons completely unrelated to the Holocaust [insert sarcastic eye-roll here], to another comment spike of holocaust denying/erasure. Ugh.

In more positive news about this: a comic book store owner in California has vowed to ship a copy of Maus to anyone living in the banned Tennessee district who asks -- for free.
    I remember reading this graphic novel in... I wanna say 7th or 8th grade English. Really opened my eyes as well to how disturbing a graphic novel can read, as well as shedding further light on traumas suffered by survivors of the holocaust...

Also @AChicken 2 weeks is a mild slap on the wrist, it’s basically just keeping her off the air until it blows over and people move onto

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited February 2022

I would like to remind everyone that we've talked about how political posts aren't allowed. This has been mentioned several times in the past few months. We've been more lenient on this as of now due to Telltale 2.0 being a bit of a reset to some degree, but since this seems to be repeating, I will give a warning right now that if this occurs again, we may give out some small bans. Try not to segue some topics into more controversial waters as well.

I'll also take this as an opportunity to point to the recently updated forum guidelines for anyone who needs a refresher.

• Ay sorry
    I understand chief

dojo32161 posted: »

I would like to remind everyone that we've talked about how political posts aren't allowed. This has been mentioned several times in the pas

• edited February 2022

Still have yet to see but I am disappointed with the combat in Dying Light 2.

Not only that. I just saw some Giant Bomb gameplay or quick look of Dying Light 2. So if you have a Xbox one(or Series X or T Series)you can only jump on Right Bumper and press A to heal... Yeah that isn't going to be interesting. Like I like to use A for Jump like most games use the A button for jump or even PS4(or PS5) press button X, right?

So already that isn't going to be very good to have unless you can change the button mapping on settings (hopefully) and so far from a few minutes. Giant Bomb seems to have a problem of how you are getting leveled up(skill tree)well that guy who is playing it of course as a problem with it) also pacing problem he had with the game. Although,this is his early review of the game. So probably not to with his view or opinion of the game.

Not to mention Yea the combat doesn't look good from my view of it. Still choices seem okay. Yet,still need to hear other ppl reviewing the game before if I want to play it or not.

Watching someone playing the early access of Dying Light 2, I have to say: while the story has potential to be interesting, the combat anima

• From what I've seen of gameplay clips, the physics and movement seem very floaty, and I'm not sure I like that.

Maybe it's a different experience when you're playing it, but it looks a lot more arcade-y and less grounded than the original title.
    Techland have justified this a bit in saying that the main character is "different" and has apparently had some sort of "experiments" done on him in the past, which probably ties into his superhuman jumping strength... maybe there's some cool new mechanic that make the whole non-grounded combat style feel right? Idk, time will tell, the more we learn about the game...

That said, I'm not feeling particularly hyped for DL2.

Maybe it's because of how cheap I managed to get the first game (around 20$ for the Enhanced-The Following-Edition) so that's colouring my thoughts on it.
    But it could just be how great the first game was. It was big, had tons of worthwhile voiced side-missions, great combat in a first-person view, some SERIOUS creep/horror factor, wrapped up in a high-octane parkour game. So good.

With this game announced to be 500+ hours to finish everything (though the main story is around 20-25), it's just... why? Why do I need a game that'll take me so long to finish?
    The constant delays also worries me. They've proven themselves capable of making a good game with the first game -- and delivering on tons of free content over.... 6 years or so? But this title i guess has felt stagnant for a while with how long it's been in limbo. More Dying Light for the fans is cool -- I guess I'm more in the casual enjoyer crowd.

Watching someone playing the early access of Dying Light 2, I have to say: while the story has potential to be interesting, the combat anima

• some SERIOUS creep/horror factor, wrapped up in a high-octane parkour game. So good.

I LOVE games like that. I even got Fear 2 like maybe a week ago. It is sooooo damn good. Xbox is selling it now. I love horror games especially sci fi games. They are so good. Dead Space remastered so far looks good from previous gameplay they did last year. Hopefully we get a gameplay with no commentary and me just watching the gameplay from Dead Space.

With this game announced to be 500+ hours to finish everything (though the main story is around 20-25), it's just... why? Why do I need a game that'll take me so long to finish?

I am okay with some games going as long like 40 hours. Like I played fallout new Vegas and Mass Effect 1,2 and 3. But,those games were so good that I didn't even care if they were long. But,I don't know if Dying Light 2 is going to be interesting so far from gameplay. I still need to see more reviews.

AChicken posted: »

From what I've seen of gameplay clips, the physics and movement seem very floaty, and I'm not sure I like that. Maybe it's a different ex

Sign in to comment in this discussion.