The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Well, more integrity when it comes to this specific topic, anyway.

That awkward moment when Randy Pitchford has more integrity than Troy Baker. What’s even funnier is that the company Troy partnered w

• Never forget his USB drive full of "magic tricks".

dojo32161 posted: »

Well, more integrity when it comes to this specific topic, anyway.

• NFTs are one of those things where even after having them explained I can’t tell if I’m still lost or if they’re actually just as stupid as they sound lol

lupinb0y posted: »

@dylanwoods777 and @AChicken are spot on. Pretty much nothing is stopping anyone else from making a copy of whatever you bought unless you l

• This. I also honestly don't know what they are but from what I hear, they don't sound promising at all.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

NFTs are one of those things where even after having them explained I can’t tell if I’m still lost or if they’re actually just as stupid as they sound lol

• edited January 2022

Got my booster shot yesterday, and fighting back some heavy side effects :s

Chills, hot,
    General pain everywhere
    Bit of dizziness.

The previous 2 vaccines weren't as serious as this for me so that's weird.
    Falling asleep and staying asleep last night was pretty hard. And it's made even worse because today's our first day of in-person rehearsals for the next play we're doing. :#
    Luckily I don't need to be there until the afternoon, but oof, I'll see if I can find some pain medication either way.
    Stay safe, peoples.

• I got those side effects after my first jab, I think I dodged the worst of it that day as I did what I do best: sleep, just as the shooting pains started to kick in, but I was exhausted for two or three days after so I couldn't work.

Second jab was fine, only left my arm aching but I was much better as I was able to work.

Definitely need to get my booster sorted in the coming weeks, I got myself an eye test next week so I'm trying to do a balancing act with what I need, and leisure time.

Hope you feel better soon man

AChicken posted: »

Got my booster shot yesterday, and fighting back some heavy side effects Chills, hot, General pain everywhere Bit of dizziness. T

• One problem I had for the game was choice. Which again on the beginning of the game their is a choice. I just walked away from the beginning lol. Just waited until the Sheriff said "we are done here" or something like that and we left lol. Still i did that choice again at the ending of the game. I did officially walked away.

I didn't know that happened, I stood there for like 5-10 seconds, and just thought I'm arresting this bloke, I kinda wish I didn't as I would've got an achievement for it. When it comes to the Ending, my first choice was to walk away, in my head, Joseph is an oddball, but his words actually got to me in that scene, and I decided that I'd walk. We know how that Ending plays out though... I wasn't actually too thrilled about it as it was just so bleak, but the same could be said for the other one, I guess for me I just wanted to do what I felt was "good" and have it all be worth it, but at the same time, sometimes the ideal doesn't become real, and what's real is cruel, so I've made my peace with it.

I'd welcome more choices, the game already had a number of choices but they were few and far between, but my memory may not be giving me the full picture as I haven't played since 2018.

That is awesome song. Especially the choir version of it.when I was driving around in my car and whenever that song played on the radio. I just sorta of just drive around the area until it was finished and I was on a mission like the Outpost I was taking it back from the Cult.

It's good, very dark in its lyrics, keeps up with the whole propagandizing that lupin mentioned in his comment, with the whole "Collapse of the West" being fairly reminiscent of the rubbish that is expressed today, it's scary though how people bought into that in-game propaganda, and it's kind of a massive self-report that exposes them as being very very likely to consuming propaganda in real life of a similar nature in response to, say, progressive steps like LGBTQIA+, equality amongst everyone and other stuff that's forward thinking that's looked at as "The End of Civilization as we speak". To get back on track, Ubisoft did well there in making it believable enough and having it be plastered everywhere in the game, really made me feel that no matter where I went, I couldn't escape the call to join Joseph and his cult.

strwar3 posted: »

Faith had a tragic backstory which clicked with me more than the other siblings. I felt the same way too. Her backstory was really t

• edited January 2022

A bit more info on the NFT, Troy Baker situation right now

I didn't watch this whole thing yet, but it paints a really interesting picture of Troy being interested and appreciative of the AI technology he's promoting, yet somehow aloof to the consequences of what it is

• Man, the covers for Spy X Family are really good. Gonna start reading them.

• I am currently replaying Spider-Man Miles Morales. I haven't played it since I uploaded my playthrough of it and now that I have a PS4 Pro, this game plays so much better than last time. It's still a shame that I don't have a PS5. The power of the speed loader and 60fps, NOT in the palm of my hand.

• edited January 2022

To get back on track, Ubisoft did well there in making it believable enough and having it be plastered everywhere in the game, really made me feel that no matter where I went, I couldn't escape the call to join Joseph and his cult.

That is why I kinda liked how much ppl thought about the soundtrack. It wasn't just that one song. It is catchy that the one I just listened to a few hours ago and I was replaying the game again yesterday. Lol like I listen to "Keep Your Rifle By Your Side". That song came off like "Praise The Lord,Pass The Ammunition" type of song. Like it was sooo catchy that it was like 2A song. Like,I was the only thinking that in the comment section.

I know it a fictional world from inside the game. Say how Ubisoft thought when they made this game and controversy that came as well. Far cry games always have controversy in them lol. Like I think this Far cry 5 is popular than Far Cry 6 cause the characters, Messaging,Plot,and Soundtrack and definitely missions. I mean more ppl brought this game than the new year during the holiday season lol.

Even though the protagonist can speak in Far Cry 6. I didn't feel really related to that character. Even though the protagonist can speak. The story made no sense to me cause how of the setup is made in the game itself. Like felt to me "ok.....so what is message here and can I get into"? That was it. Me going after a tyrant in a country and that is it. That is what it felt like to me. Like,no messaging against the idea of getting rid of a tyrant or the structure of his government can create a vacuum of problems? Like I watched enough documentaries to figure out what is not working or working in this game. Lol like was watching a lot during this pandemic

One problem I had for the game was choice. Which again on the beginning of the game their is a choice. I just walked away from the beginning

• he's promoting, yet somehow aloof to the consequences of what it is

Well troy baker is going find out very soon. Like omg this is coming back to haunt him from the NFTs.

A bit more info on the NFT, Troy Baker situation right now I didn't watch this whole thing yet, but it paints a really interesting p

• That is why I kinda liked how much ppl thought about the soundtrack. It wasn't just that one song. It is catchy that the one I just listened to a few hours ago and I was replaying the game again yesterday. Lol like I listen to "Keep Your Rifle By Your Side". That song came off like "Praise The Lord,Pass The Ammunition" type of song. Like it was sooo catchy that it was like 2A song. Like,I was the only thinking that in the comment section.

Oh yeah, I'm sure the gun nuts busted one when they heard that song, I'll be honest, I can't remember it as I haven't touched the game in so long, I so need to replay it down the line.

I know it a fictional world from inside the game. Say how Ubisoft thought when they made this game and controversy that came as well. Far cry games always have controversy in them lol. Like I think this Far cry 5 is popular than Far Cry 6 cause the characters, Messaging,Plot,and Soundtrack and definitely missions. I mean more ppl brought this game than the new year during the holiday season lol.

I remember Ubisoft tried saying that Far Cry 5 wasn't inherently political, which is complete nonsense, I don't get why they beat around the bush with it, they could've had a much more scathing commentary on 21st century America but didn't commit, you can see some parts, but it was a missed opportunity for them to really call out some questionable things that go on today. I think that may have played into its popularity, by that I mean having some themes involved, but also being a cool setting, I think they did a better job marketing Far Cry 5 too.

Far Cry 6 though, they tried doing the same thing, but then came out and said it was a political story and stood their ground, I love that, can't sit on the fence all of the time, otherwise your ass gets sore.

Even though the protagonist can speak in Fat Cry 6. I didn't feel really related to that character. Even though the protagonist can speak. The story made no sense to me cause how of the setup is made in the game itself. Like felt to me "ok.....so what is message here and can I get into"? That was it. Me going after a tyrant in a country and that is it. That was it felt like to me. Like no messaging against the idea of getting rid of a tyrant or the structure of his government can create a vacuum of problems? Like I watched enough documentaries to figure out what is not working or working in this game. Lol like was watching a lot during this pandemic

I haven't played Far Cry 6, but I thought the premise was cool, as for the antagonist, I don't know his name as I'm trying to steer clear of plot details, but from what I understand, the basic premise is that he is a fascist authoritarian, using violence against his own citizens to keep them in line. With the main character leading a rebellion to take down an authoritarian, fascist regime. Based on the core premise, it seems to indicate tearing down that regime, and implementing a system that is a lot more fair to its citizens, and works for the people, despite not having played it, I think all that's fairly straightforward and easy enough to decipher. Can't imagine there being a convincing argument in support of fascist authoritarians so that's probably why Ubisoft didn't go with one when designing the Story of taking him down.

Anyways, really treading a thin line with my comment and its content so I shall wrap it up here.

To get back on track, Ubisoft did well there in making it believable enough and having it be plastered everywhere in the game, really made m

• edited January 2022

I'll be honest, I can't remember it as I haven't touched the game in so long, I so need to replay it down the line

Well I will say these last two things then. The song is amazing and I like it. Hopefully that doesn't mean anything bad to some who found it funny or something that speaks to me or others.(I will leave it with that, of course) also second thing here. I highly recommend you replay it again. If it has been long since you play it. It is really good and awesome game. Also far cry 6 is not good in my eyes from what I have seen from reviews and and how played it of course and how the plot came off to me. Kinda of got a refund from it (glad I got a refund from the digital version of it) Also I think I am not the only one who thinks like that from the game. Anyway stay safe.

That is why I kinda liked how much ppl thought about the soundtrack. It wasn't just that one song. It is catchy that the one I just listened

• edited January 2022

Even though the protagonist can speak in Fat Cry 6. I didn't feel really related to that character. Even though the protagonist can speak.

I wouldn't say that Jason or Ajay were anymore relatable, but honestly Dani Rojas is probably my favourite main character in the series so far. They have so much personality, internal conflict (admittedly not all of it particularly well written), little touches they included like Dani singing along to songs on the radio and how they react to events that really makes them feel like more of a fully realised character. You get a bunch of moments where Dani just gets to relax, let loose and be a regular person once in a while.

Jason (FC3) has a really interesting development as he's slowly corrupted by the island and the people around, but personality wise there isn't much going on aside from maybe a couple moments where he really gets to go insane. Ajay (FC4) is a voiced character but he's blander than white bread. Close to zero personality and barely reacts to the crazy dumb stuff going on around him. The Rookie (FC5) as we've said before, has literally negative personality.

To get back on track, Ubisoft did well there in making it believable enough and having it be plastered everywhere in the game, really made m

• edited January 2022

Jason (FC3) has a really interesting development as he's slowly corrupted by the island and the people around, but personality wise there isn't much going on aside from maybe a couple moments where he really gets to go insane.

I think Far Cry 3 is okay. I actually like the game. Perhaps I didn't feel like Far Cry 6. Because it was a game that didn't I didn't feel like it was good to me. Basically narrative and side characters the ones with the Tyrant. Not to mention it didn't speak to me. I think Far Cry 5's Silent protagonist isn't a good character cause yes,the silent protagonist is a problem. But, narrative,Plot, characters like faith, Joseph Seed, Soundtrack and the amazing scenery is what makes the game much better for me.

It makes you question whatever you might of done is right or wrong. Speaks like almost a gray area in the game. I am not only feeling that in this game. I just like that in video games. Far cry 5 has that. Far Cry 6 doesn't at all. Still i think video games should do more like that in their games. Might go back replay far cry 3 after I replay Far Cry 5.

lupinb0y posted: »

Even though the protagonist can speak in Fat Cry 6. I didn't feel really related to that character. Even though the protagonist can speak.

• Did somebody say...NFTs?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

As someone who clearly remembers the beanie baby craze, and everyone saying their collection would be worth millions one day it's hard not to look at NFTs and see similarities and think they could go the same way and become almost worthless.

Maybe this could happen with NFTs instead of beanie babies.

• Ok, I am sold to this film. Train to Busan is my favorite zombie movie of all time and it looks like they use this movie as the fictional movie used to reference the zombies inside of this movie. I really hope it's just as good as that film. #Alive was ok at best, nothing really special but Peninsula was absolutely terrible.

• Ah, I've seen this pop up a lot on Netflix as a big "coming soon" title. Hadn't seen a trailer before, but this looks promising!

AronDracula posted: »

Ok, I am sold to this film. Train to Busan is my favorite zombie movie of all time and it looks like they use this movie as the fictional mo

• Oh wait. I am so fucking stupid. This is a TV series, not a movie. Well, I hope this is just as good as Kingdom.

Ah, I've seen this pop up a lot on Netflix as a big "coming soon" title. Hadn't seen a trailer before, but this looks promising!

• Honestly it's fine. I can never really tell what'll be a movie or a TV show on Netflix unless they specifically say "Season 1 releases XX"

I thought the latest animated dark comedy thing "The House" was going to be a 3-part series on Netflix, but it's actually a movie instead.

Oh wait. I am so fucking stupid. This is a TV series, not a movie. Well, I hope this is just as good as Kingdom.

• edited January 2022

49ers, stop...blowing...this...game! You need to save us from the hell that is Cowboys fans.

Edit: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING PRESCOTT?! Why are you running the ball there, you have no timeouts and 15 seconds on the clock. You deserved to lose that game. If I was a Cowboy fan, I’d be calling for Mike McCarthy’s head right now.

• Guess I owe everyone an apology for some unfair criticism I mentioned about a certain game in this website. Because....be ready for the biggest plot twist in this entire forum:

I no longer hate The Last of Us Part 2. Do I think it's a masterpiece? Absolutely not, far from it. Does this game deserve a second chance from me? I dare to say YES. Now I want to see if I can finally enjoy the game without thinking too much about the story and the characters. You can thank Troy Baker for even thinking about supporting NFTs.

• These are very strange aspects for why you like or dislike a game

Guess I owe everyone an apology for some unfair criticism I mentioned about a certain game in this website. Because....be ready for the biggest plot twist in this entire forum: (Spoiler)

• Well, it is Aron, par for the course.

Poogers555 posted: »

These are very strange aspects for why you like or dislike a game

• edited January 2022

I always live strangely. But that's much better than sending death threats to a voice actor over a bad written character or story.

I just can no longer be upset whether someone says something nice about TLOU2.

• Tag me in, I'll start complaining about the Clementine Comic, someone needs to take up the mantle of complaining :joy:

I kid by the way, I hate the Clementine Books, I'll probably make a comment down the line venting my frustrations with it, and try to forget about it, otherwise I'd be a massive hypocrite.

It's good that you have somewhat moved on from what you didn't like about The Last of Us Part II, I did get where you came from, now more than ever, as with me personally I'm feeling a similar kind of way with the aforementioned Books based on Clementine, but there's plenty of games out there to play, you'll find one that clicks for you :smile:

I always live strangely. But that's much better than sending death threats to a voice actor over a bad written character or story. I just can no longer be upset whether someone says something nice about TLOU2.

Guess I owe everyone an apology for some unfair criticism I mentioned about a certain game in this website. Because....be ready for the biggest plot twist in this entire forum: (Spoiler)

• edited January 2022

Now I want to see if I can finally enjoy the game without thinking too much about the story and the characters

Finally, you'll give it a 9/10 based on graphics and gameplay alone! Just what I've been waiting for! :tongue:

• edited January 2022

Tag me in, I'll start complaining about the Clementine Comic, someone needs to take up the mantle of complaining

Hey, that’s MY mantle. Everyone knows my topics are always Life is Strange and the Clementine comics. However, as a sign of good faith, I’ll give you all future NFT related complaints and another topic of your choosing. I would have considered giving you the Borderlands/Gearbox mantle, but Poogs has that taken care of already.

EDIT: Damn it, meant to reply to @dylanwoods777. Why can’t I remember to hit the reply button lately, what is going on?

• You could say the same to people who hate the Jeepers Creepers movies only for its director alone. But I don't disagree.

You could say the same to people who hate the Jeepers Creepers movies only for its director alone. But I don't disagree.

• Somehow Aron openly giving up his hatred of tlou 2 is more surprising to me than Troy Baker supporting NFTs

• People changing opinions all of the sudden is more surprising? Hasn't that been a thing for like centuries?

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Somehow Aron openly giving up his hatred of tlou 2 is more surprising to me than Troy Baker supporting NFTs

• But I don't want to complain about NFT's I want to complain about the Clementine Books! How about this, considering I want to talk about the Clementine Books as little as possible, I'll take it on the weekends, you can have it during the weekdays? Couldn't bear having it wreck my head all week. If it doesn't suit either of us, I'm sure uncle Poogs could take it off our hands, what do you think? @Poogers555

Tag me in, I'll start complaining about the Clementine Comic, someone needs to take up the mantle of complaining Hey, that’s MY mant

• Everyone drop everything right now, there's a crisis on our hands. I am unable to figure out how to share GIFs and images to these illustrious Forums, and truth be told, I feel left out. Help me out guys, be a pal

• edited January 2022

Sure but one was you know, a serious crime? Bit extreme of a comparison.

You could say the same to people who hate the Jeepers Creepers movies only for its director alone. But I don't disagree.

• I am aware. I'm definitely not saying Troy Baker is as bad as Victor Salva. Far FAR from it. I can still respect him as a voice actor, just not as a person in general anymore. He knew what he was saying on Twitter and I think he deserved the backlash. Not the death threats. Just the criticism.

Sure but one was you know, a serious crime? Bit extreme of a comparison.

• says they want to complain about the books
    then says they want to talk about it as little as possible

However, this is an acceptable compromise. Gives me a bit more time to get back to bitching about LiS, so thank you.

And no, I didn't just post a gif to rub it in that I know how to, why would you even think that?

But I don't want to complain about NFT's I want to complain about the Clementine Books! How about this, considering I want to talk about the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.