The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Yeah and they thought it would be better to make that Crowd Play thingy instead

Poogers555 posted: »

I'd be surprised if the book doesn't return. I actually wish other Telltale games had something similar to it, it was a fun addition. I do h

• You know, I think I’m done with Avenged Sevenfold, at least for a while, because I just cannot stand their bullshit anymore. They used to be my 2nd favorite band, behind Metallica. Now, I don’t think they’re anywhere close to my top 10. It feels like this band is actively sabotaging themselves, and it’s been this way for years. Some out of their control, but most through their own design. For a band that hasn’t played a concert in 4, going to be 5, fucking years, no thanks, I’m good. I’ll move onto bands and artists worth my time. This goes beyond their idiotic NFT bullshit as well, this is now outright insulting. Other bands don’t keep pushing off the recording of their album with constant excuse making. Other bands don’t act like asshats when talking about their other ventures. Other bands don’t cancel entire tours because the stage isn’t to their liking and act like prime donna’s because of it.

• Heck yessss

My brain just reminded me that this year we should be able to see
    Love Death + Robots Season 3 (according to last year's Season 2 teaser)
    and Russian Doll Season 2 (should be coming soon. they finally released some images of it.)

• Wow, this seems like a great opportunity for you all to play it!

• I know it's twitter being twitter, but some animation subsection of the site seems to be tearing apart the upcoming ChipNDale movie and even Pixar's Turning Red, for "bad animation" or "bad artstyle" and other comments of the sort.

Those are awful takes. Ugh.
    Would have been nice if that CnD film sprang for full 2D animation for the 'vintage' characters, but I think the 3D doesn't look bad.

• I saw Uncharted today.

It was fun. I love Tom Holland.

• Awesome 👍 still the best too. Season 2 is going to be very interesting

AronDracula posted: »

Spent the whole day replaying The Wolf Among Us. Still a great game after all these years.

• I finally gained the motivation to start drawing again today and my Huion pen is broke...

• Yeah, I might be a little nitpicky about it since I grew up with those games.

I saw Uncharted today. It was fun. I love Tom Holland.

• I don't know why, but I've recently become really obsessed with A Song of Ice and Fire/the Game of Thrones books and all the theories it inspires online. There's just... so much dedication from the fans and it seems nearly anything from the lore can be used to create some crazy, almost nonsensically complex interpretation. And I've only read like the first book, thought it was okay, and that was years ago. Not to mention, the series ended terribly and I'm fairly skeptical of GRRM ever finishing the series. Its weird.

• Most people: Dude, you've seen Metallica like a million times. You should really stop buying these expensive concert tickets...you just bought more, didn't you?

Me: The tickets were already bought before you even opened your mouth. BOSTON CALLING BABY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I don't give a fuck about the other bands on Sunday, I just want Metallica.

• Me: woohoo! Avril Lavigne!! Yeah!

Most people: Dude, you've seen Metallica like a million times. You should really stop buying these expensive concert tickets...you just boug

• 7 Years of F17 Hype

• I've never played any of those games.

Yeah, I might be a little nitpicky about it since I grew up with those games.

• Here, a respectable compromise

AChicken posted: »

Me: woohoo! Avril Lavigne!! Yeah!

• Dead Island 2 may not actually be dead, it apparently may release in 2023:

Despite the silence on Dead Island 2 in recent years, it's possible that it could actually turn up in the relatively near future. During a Q&A session following its Q3 FY2021/22 report, CEO Lars Wingefors appeared to indirectly hint that it's expected to be out sometime in the company's 2023 fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2023.

"People have sort of written off [Dead Island 2], not knowing if it's still alive. But it very clearly is," the Q&A host, Carnegie equity research analyst Oscar Erixon, said. "I, at least, expect the release this financial year—sorry, next financial year, I should say. Is that reasonable? What can we expect from the title? It's been in development for probably ten years or so."

https://www.pcgamer.com/dead-island-2-might-actually-be-out-by-early-2023/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com

Some streamers are streaming Elden Ring on Twitch, spoiling it, so be wary of spoilers:

Elden Ring may not be out for another eight days, but that hasn’t stopped a few lucky streamers from exploring the harrowing realm of the lands between.

Much like Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild before it, Elden Ring is a game focused on discovery. Much of the thrill of Miyazaki’s first true open world will come from the joys of going in blind and discovering its secrets. For the curious, however, that might prove difficult, as some streamers are already revealing many of the game’s unknown bosses, unlockable skills and other tantalising secrets.

The lucky early adopters in question where Kona_guy007 and m1loscorpius, who both opted to stream the game on Twitch. The streams and clips of Elden Ring have since been taken down by Elden Ring publisher Bandai Namco, but that hasn’t stopped screencaps and other spoilers making their way onto social media. Many users have clipped aspects of these users’ respective streams, uploading them to YouTube and other places. While Bandai Namco is seemingly taking down these mirror links, a few are still live, should you wish to take another glimpse at this alluring world ahead of release. If you’re looking to experience the joys of Elden Ring entirely spoiler-free, however, you may want to mute the game on Twitter, and avoid your social media platforms of choice.

https://www.gamesradar.com/some-streamers-are-already-playing-and-spoiling-elden-ring/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=gamesradar

• edited February 2022

That is a Very respectable compromise. Good for her, covering Metallica like that. 🤘
    thanks. that was cool.

Here, a respectable compromise

• Incoldblood made a new video talking about Wolf 2 i thought it was worth sharing here

• Well, my internet just fucking dropped out of nowhere throughout this whole week, even if the signal is just fine. Now the only way to use it is just stay downstairs on a chair instead of a bed. I can't tell if I'mma be able to bring it back or just spend the rest of my internship season just staying in a closed store to be able to use the internet in my free time.

• I wonder how many characters are going to end up being in Wolf 2? Wolf 1 surprisingly had a lot to be honest, which I think was due to the fact they had characters made before TWD came out, and after that they had all those assets to then add to what became the new version. Right now it seems we can expect Bigby, Snow, Dorothy, Tinman, Scarecrow, Faye, Bufkin, Flycatcher (Gonna throw in Mirror too as Bufkin also pretty much confirms the business office even if Bigby isn't sheriff, plus I am sure Bigby is reinstated before the story ends.) I think Telltale kind of accidently leaked Boy Blue on their twitter the other day (Seeing how when people commented that they mentioned boy blue they said "haha noooo ha ha" then followed up with "um I uh- this doesnt mean like- it does or wont haha" so I feel that means Boy Blue is now locked.

I am actually not so sure if Cole will appear anymore to be honest. He should be there timeline wise, but it seems like he may not be after what we were told. I mean he could still very easily be there seeing how he just allows Snow to be mayor for him, but seeing how they really want Snow and Bigby's dynamic to be a bit strained I think he may be a bit odd hanging around. (Unless they purposely draw attention to how even though he is the actual Mayor he kind of just exist, even as Bigby could maybe ask him to vito his anger management classes or something)

Gonna go ahead and say Branagin does appear but as a cameo. Jack will return. Holly and Gren won't return as it seems the new bar location is not the Trip Trap. Not to say we just cant go to the Trip Trap anymore but I feel like Godmother's will be the new "bar" location in the game. Bluebeard, Beast and Beauty return. Colin comes back. Greenleaf will be determinant but also a small role. Swineheart returns with a small role. Woodsman I feel is going to return in a semi large role but only for like 1 episode, dont know why. Although story takes place around Christmas, I'm gonna say no Tiny Tim or Scrooge as I don't feel that they would include them just because the game takes place around Christmas. If they do appear I think there will be more so a reason. (Unless its a cameo)

I do want Jersey and the Tweedles to appear as they seem like good goons from Season 1 to bring back and reincorporate. But they may or may not appear.

And obviously Toad comes back because I need him to.

(This basically just became repredicting characters now after reveal, dang)

• edited February 2022

Damn it Amazon, why have you betrayed me like this? After everything I’ve done for the company, this is how you thank me? This is going to be more cringe than the actual game, I can tell.

To make up for this Amazon, I need you to get to work on that Mass Effect series that’s been speculated. And I need it with the following qualifications:

• Henry Cavill plays Shepard (he expressed interest)
    • Tali is the main romance
    • It uses the original dark energy ending that was planned before the bullshit rewrite at the last minute
    • Incorporates more elements from the novels into the show than the game did (Saren, Illusive Man, and Anderson backgrounds specifically)
    • It uses the same or similar special effects technology as The Mandalorian to truly capture the feel of the Mass Effect universe.
    • EDIT: Seth Green reprises his role as Joker in live action. He looks the part and I can't think of anyone better to play the character.

What are your thoughts? https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3704085/life-is-strange-disco-elysium-pegged-for-tv-adaptations-from-amazon-studios/

• Well my excitement just came crashing down.

Holy shit, this is amazing. An Avatar RPG video game with the possibility of the original characters returning. In partnership with Avatar Studios and the original creators of the series. Sign me the hell up, I really hope this is true, because I will undoubtedly get...what the fuck is this?

Okay, look. I understand there has been the progressive push to promote minority and POC representation in animation by having those characters be voiced by actors/actresses of the particular ethnicity/race they are playing. It's designed to increase opportunities and representation for marginalized groups that haven't had the same access as others. Obviously we've had Hank Azaria in The Simpsons stop voicing Apu, and Mike Henry, a white guy, who stepped away from voicing Cleveland, a black man, in Family Guy and give it to another actor (even though Henry still voices the Hispanic house maid Consuela, it's not very consistent I guess). That's obviously the motivation here with good intentions behind it, but there's a few problems.

Jack De Sena, Mae Whitman, Grey DeLisle, Dante Basco, Michaela Murphy, Mark Hamill...these are the iconic voices behind these iconic characters. This isn't live action where this would be paramount, animation works entirely differently and has its own set of freedoms, liberties, obstacles, and barriers as a storytelling and media medium. Even if you are able to get someone that matches them, chances are fans, even those that argue in favor of more representation, want to hear the original voices behind the characters we all know and love. Many of these actors are either still actively supporting the Avatar fanbase (Basco hosts a podcast with Korra VA Janet Varney deep diving the series, and Grey Delisle has been vocal about her love for Azula) or still have a voice that matches their original character (Jack uses the same voice for Callum in The Dragon Prince as he did for Sokka, and Mae Whitman does the same for Amity in The Owl House as she did with Katara). Also, I do find it a bit insulting considering Basco, a Filipino-American who is a huge advocate for getting more opportunities for minority groups in acting, will have to be recast as Zuko because the Fire Nation is more Japanese in its influence. We don't want to hear imitations, even if they are good imitations, of the original cast, we want to hear the original cast. An RPG in the Avatar world with the original cast returning as the iconic characters, that shit will sell, especially with Avatar's huge boom in popularity during the pandemic. You're killing some of the hype by saying this.

• edited February 2022

Just need to be clear. What kind of a RPG is it going to be? Like in a strategy perspective or third person perspective?

Either way, I can't get excited for this until I see how it looks like. I am more curious to see how the fangame, created by Elca Gaming who makes the game through Dreams on PS5, will turn out.

Well my excitement just came crashing down. Holy shit, this is amazing. An Avatar RPG video game with the possibility of the original

• No information beyond RPG style game.

Just need to be clear. What kind of a RPG is it going to be? Like in a strategy perspective or third person perspective? Either way, I ca

• RPG in the Avatar world with the original cast returning as the iconic characters, that shit will sell, especially with Avatar's huge boom in popularity during the pandemic. You're killing some of the hype by saying this.

Obviously it would sell WAY more than the BS nonsense I am hearing from this. Like the original cast should come back. But,nope they want to put different ppl instead the original. It's just like Amazon LOTR tv series(which Goddamn that trailer looked bad and the images too. Cause this show is a prequel not hobbit prequel as in the second age before Bilbo Baggins or The One Ring to Rule them all,One to bind them....My Precious) like that show looks horrible and bad lol

Also I hate how this looks from it. Omg

Well my excitement just came crashing down. Holy shit, this is amazing. An Avatar RPG video game with the possibility of the original

• You know I do really wonder how they will handle Wolf's endings in Wolf 2. Like I've said before, if you rip CM head off Fabletown fears Bigby so I hope this choice really does have some kind of impact in 2 if you did it. I also feel a lot of people forget the ending where Bigby kills CM without a trial and then leaves as probably the "worst" ending you can get in terms of what the town thinks of Bigby. I mean hell that scene you can basically tell Snow you think you have more power than her and that she should just "keep her nose clean" when you kill people. Then everyone says "wtf bigby are you gonna kill us all" and then you leave and tell them to fuck off. Pretty brutal of an ending and again I would really like it if Wolf 2 has characters react to Bigby as if that scene is still 6 months fresh. "Oh great its Bigby, remember when he basically said he'd kill us if he felt like it?"

• @lupinb0y We got another one, this is a reference to 40:1 (The Battle of Wizna, where Polish troops withheld 40K Nazi troops for 3 days despite being severely outnumbered).

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2022

So, if he's the guy that was originally responsible for those images getting leaked, and I was the guy that inadvertently pointed him towards the website where he found them in the first place (by mentioning TWD Collection being outsourced in that Discord screenshot), then that means I'm partially responsible for all this chaos, too

...huh

iFoRias posted: »

Incoldblood made a new video talking about Wolf 2 i thought it was worth sharing here

• Yes yes, but who was the one who put obvious NDA images on the homepage?

Deltino posted: »

So, if he's the guy that was originally responsible for those images getting leaked, and I was the guy that inadvertently pointed him toward

• Well, when you put it like that, it's relieving to know there's yet another person that screwed the proverbial pooch even harder

Yes yes, but who was the one who put obvious NDA images on the homepage?

• You know I do really wonder how they will handle Wolf's endings in Wolf 2.

Yup it would be interesting how they handle these endings not just the last choice ending in S1 Ep5 ending of "walk away or follow" choice. Like I did what some ppl did in the trial. I imprisoned the Crooked Man through Magic from Aunty Greenleaf.

Still i wonder how they will be able handle such endings like that. Not mention how the S2 EP 1 starts. Like start off from the last choice? Or do we go to just Six Months Later? I mean I like to see my choice matter

Also I wonder what the plot of S2 is? I have a feeling,it could be related to The Farm cause Mr Toad or his kid. Especially Colin (choice matters on that one of course)cause of 6 months later or Ichabod Crane? Like what about that? Man, there's a lot of choices and they probably had time to figure out how or what to do with these choices. Still i am excited AF right now

You know I do really wonder how they will handle Wolf's endings in Wolf 2. Like I've said before, if you rip CM head off Fabletown fears Big

• If I had to guess how some choices will play affect in Season 1 - I would like it if for your endings the scene may just play out differently. What they say could be more specific to what you actually did, I don't think it will have a massive change, but it would be nice to see that when you reach a certain part of a conversation in the story your ending may be brought up which could turn the scene a bit. I think best way to do this is what they say would obviously be more specific, but basically rip off head or kill without trial is considered bad imprisoning or throwing down well is seen as positive overall. Would like it if Greenleaf was hired she appears and maybe as a bonus you'll see Crooked Man as a crow if that was your choice. Colin I feel will come back, and I feel either if you let him stay once Bigby arrives to his apartment Colin is already there and if you sent him away he sneaks back to your place later.

strwar3 posted: »

You know I do really wonder how they will handle Wolf's endings in Wolf 2. Yup it would be interesting how they handle these endings

• This almost feels like when the Doom and Animal Crossing fanbase started crossing over.

@lupinb0y We got another one, this is a reference to 40:1 (The Battle of Wizna, where Polish troops withheld 40K Nazi troops for 3 days despite being severely outnumbered).

• Wait what, what leaked images?

So, if he's the guy that was originally responsible for those images getting leaked, and I was the guy that inadvertently pointed him toward

• My dad is a legend today.

I read about an unexpected sale for the Mario Party Superstars game yesterday. Local Costco's were selling them half-off (probably to clear space for the new Pokemon Arceus)

I text my dad about it, if he's planning on going Costco shopping this week, he should check.
    So he does today. He visits two stores, they don't have it. I say "thanks for trying anyway" and leave it at that. Deals like this usually go quick, and sometimes you just miss 'em.

But the guy drove even further to a third store, and managed to snag the last copy they had in stock, behind the counter.
    So I'm gonna get a recent, well-reviewed Nintendo game for 40$! Hell yes! Thank you, Dad... he's gonna get all the hugs this weekend.

Thank goodness he's retired and really likes driving, so this was probably a win/win for both of us.

• Sounds like an admirable decision by the development team to me. Of course the voices are "iconic" but the original series was made in a very different time, if we're making a modern take on the series then it's reasonable to apply modern hiring practices and sensibilities to it. You know this of course, but these voice acting giants get opportunities like this all the time, they really don't need this, this is a great opportunity for marginalized actors to work on something big.

Even if you are able to get someone that matches them, chances are fans, even those that argue in favor of more representation, want to hear the original voices behind the characters we all know and love.

I don't even expect games to get the original actors to reprise their roles in the first place in scenarios like this, much less prefer it to replacing them for a good reason like this.

Also, I do find it a bit insulting considering Basco, a Filipino-American who is a huge advocate for getting more opportunities for minority groups in acting, will have to be recast as Zuko because the Fire Nation is more Japanese in its influence.

Considering he's an advocate of this himself, I'm sure he doesn't mind at all? That would be quite hypocritical of him.

An RPG in the Avatar world with the original cast returning as the iconic characters, that shit will sell, especially with Avatar's huge boom in popularity during the pandemic. You're killing some of the hype by saying this.

I'm sure you don't need to tell them that it would sell, I mean they obviously know that. And yet they still choose to pursue a different direction, which is pretty admirable isn't it? Choosing ethics over cash that is. Then again I'm too cynical to trust that such pure intentions can exist in capitalism, but in effect that's what they're doing.

• How could you?!

• Hey at least you're saying it's just a prediction and not presenting a messy list as a fake leak

I wonder how many characters are going to end up being in Wolf 2? Wolf 1 surprisingly had a lot to be honest, which I think was due to the f

• This, I totally get the attachment to the original VA's of shows and games, but I think taking steps like the team behind Avatar are doing, in hiring VA's that are of marginalized groups that haven't been given the same opportunities as majority white VA's, is good, and another major step in progress towards making the entertainment industry a better place. And to add to that, being given an opportunity to be part of an IP like Avatar, can propel them to bigger roles and more opportunities in the future, literally not a bad thing at all whatsoever.

I think a lot of the criticism regarding a change of actors is a bit over the top, like in the case of an animated show or a game, I think the vast, vast majority of viewers or players wouldn't notice a difference in the voice or think it's not the same actor, unless they rolled credits and saw someone else credited for a character that was previously voiced by another.

To mention Chloe from Life Is Strange as an example, in Before The Storm, her VA was changed from the first game, and I couldn't tell it was a different actress until much later when I saw an interview with the original actress talking about not being recast and being a bit disappointed, which I can understand given that VA's can become attached to their characters.

Then again I'm too cynical to trust that such pure intentions can exist in capitalism, but in effect that's what they're doing.

Relatable :neutral: we need a change, big time.

Sounds like an admirable decision by the development team to me. Of course the voices are "iconic" but the original series was made in a ver

Sign in to comment in this discussion.