The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Oh, I didn't know that was a thing behind-the-scenes.

Why in the heck would the execs want a less entertaining product??

dojo32161 posted: »

No, it did get funnier as it went, problem is writing it to be less funny for one of the rewrites was a thing. I assume it only got funnier because higher ups stopped trying to stop the humor.

• edited February 2022

Because they were micromanaging idiots who thought they knew everything.

AChicken posted: »

Oh, I didn't know that was a thing behind-the-scenes. Why in the heck would the execs want a less entertaining product??

• There was also an ex-dev that came out (after the company imploded) and said that they were told to make Sam's chest bigger in the Michonne game, so they definitely had a phase of wanting to sex up certain characters. I think in general they were told to pretty up a bunch of their female characters around the ANF era before Pete Hawley took over.

I almost feel like the creative team wanted to let that happen for more choices but it was shot down by execs who probably were unable to understand because "How can you do that, you are both Rhys and Fiona already, you cant do that!!!"

I think I vaguely remember a dev replying on here after the finale was released, saying that the team felt it too weird to have the two playable characters be romantically involved but they left that little bit in at the end as a nod to the Rhyona fans lol.

Poogers555 posted: »

Not to mention the micro managing from Bruner and the executives that caused productions to restart over and over again or forcing the devs

• I am pretty sure they never really straight up said something of that magnitude, iirc I think they said something along the lines of the ending scene was meant for players to sort of say who is what and basically get everything in order for how the player feels about it and that they did always keep in mind the different community ships. They also mention they didn't want to feel like they were being forceful/pushy if I also recall correctly. Maybe it was the reason in the end, but it does make you wonder if it was their reason for why not.

Also fun fact just because I very clearly know that I remember this, Tales was at one point going to have an epilogue for all the characters but it was cut. I remember that being said during an ama and in the files there are like 2 files made for it but they are both basically blank besides the name. I wonder if they would show something like Rhys and Sasha getting together if player said they liked her.

lupinb0y posted: »

There was also an ex-dev that came out (after the company imploded) and said that they were told to make Sam's chest bigger in the Michonne

• Also fun fact just because I very clearly know that I remember this, Tales was at one point going to have an epilogue for all the characters but it was cut. I remember that being said during an ama and in the files there are like 2 files made for it but they are both basically blank besides the name. I wonder if they would show something like Rhys and Sasha getting together if player said they liked her.

That's pretty neat. I assume it got cut in case Gearbox wanted to play around with the characters?

I am pretty sure they never really straight up said something of that magnitude, iirc I think they said something along the lines of the end

• Oh, I didn't know that was a thing behind-the-scenes.

That's because no one gave so much damn about this game, let alone the trash marketing. Guardians' IP in general is at least lucky for Square Enix to give it a much better game adaptation.

Oh, I didn't know that was a thing behind-the-scenes. Why in the heck would the execs want a less entertaining product??

• It was cut mainly for direction purposes. Apparently they felt it was a strong ending to leave it at that as showing where everyone is right after that ending took away from that. The files describe the scene as it should feel like you are saying goodbye to your friends before summer vacation.

Also fun fact just because I very clearly know that I remember this, Tales was at one point going to have an epilogue for all the characters

• edited February 2022

so turns out Dorothy carries that thing on her and also cocaine

bibby gonna get silver bulleted again

Also I decided to get familiar with the comic about Dorothy and I am a bit confused on how they are going to handle her character. I guess spoilers for the comic below

So it seems Dorothy being with the Tinman and Scarecrow would be deemed as noncanon. Comics say she last saw them in 40s and never went back to them and seemed to actually have a poor relationship with them as well. So it seems Wolf 2 is going to be sort of be bending the canon which Season 1 seemingly forbade. So I wonder what that means for the rest of the story? Also on a side note, if they are going to be bending canon, I really hope that means the super agent spy stuff will not be present. Knowing Dorothy is heavily tied to that story which takes place at the same time as Wolf would be an honest shame to try and incorporate it into the plot. Nothing kills the mood or themes faster than that. Imagine Wolf Season 1 but now knowing Bigby is actually running a secret shadow operation under Fabletown's nose with his unironic infinite funding he keeps secret with special agents being sent around the world to arrest super Fables and shit. Suddenly Wolf's themes were just shot in the head. Ironically this seems to be what the original 2011 version of the game was going to be that was described as unshippable. So all that said, I really hope they elect to simply ignore all of that. I don't feel it is worth even trying to nod at it, just ignore it.

Dorothy's design from comic to game is practically the same. Tinman and Scarecrow have been redesigned, most notably Tinman who is a lot more hulking. Scarcrow, Tinman, and the Lion are basically background characters though which is probably why they've been changed as they were pretty much non characters who don't talk once. So I do think they will end up being more important to this specific story than Dorothy, who is in Europe and Asia throughout 83 to 88.

Basically all I am saying is please do not introduce Bigby's dumb as hell shadow operation thing I beg. "I live in crappy apartment :( my life sucks and everyone hates me. I try so hard to be sheriff, i will now run a shadow operation from the basement. life still shit tho if only the magic goose gave me 5 million fat fucking stacks of pure gold lmao"

• Perhaps I should bump the Details thread for Wolf again.

so turns out Dorothy carries that thing on her and also cocaine bibby gonna get silver bulleted again Also I decided to get famili

• Elden Ring is getting overwhelmed with positive reviews, even a 10/10 from IGN surprisingly. So glad to hear this game is living up to the hype. I am going to play it for weeks.

• It's getting harder and harder to avoid Horizon spoilers. I'm only just getting back from my trip to SC and will now finally have the chance to start the game for the first time.

• For all the Avatar: TLA fans here, a YouTube channel dedicated to analyzing and sharing trivia about ATLA episodes just finished their series, creating an episode about the series finale. It's a good series to watch (or listen to in the background) if you still have nostalgia or appreciation for Avatar.

• Episode 2 of Michonne is one of their finest examples of action choreography. Absolutely stellar stuff.

You know, been watching someone play TFTB and looking at the other games, old Telltale never really got enough credit for how well choreographed and easy to follow their action and fight scenes were.

• edited February 2022

No one should be surprised, I could have told you that this was going to happen a long time ago. Only question now is when China goes after Taiwan. For those in Ukraine and the rest of Europe, my prayers are with you, and stay safe. This is going to get a lot worse.

• edited February 2022

I'm probably going to be okay since I am doing internship in Romania, although I hate how the country is close to Ukraine.

No one should be surprised, I could have told you that this was going to happen a long time ago. Only question now is when China goes after

• edited February 2022

To keep things moderately Telltale-related: Tony Skeor, a fantastic new artist working for Telltale who illustrated the new promo art for TWAU2, has Ukraine as his location on his Artstation profile. I hope he and his family are safe, wherever they are.

• edited February 2022

These men are heroes, may they rest in peace.

• Stay safe my friend, I’m afraid to think that, if Putin gets what he wants in Ukraine, where he’ll look to next. Lord knows he has aspirations to reclaim the former Soviet Bloc countries under Russian rule.

AronDracula posted: »

I'm probably going to be okay since I am doing internship in Romania, although I hate how the country is close to Ukraine.

• Thank you

Stay safe my friend, I’m afraid to think that, if Putin gets what he wants in Ukraine, where he’ll look to next. Lord knows he has aspirations to reclaim the former Soviet Bloc countries under Russian rule.

• Interesting

• edited February 2022

I'm kind of reminded of their "robot repair" tech demo that came out when VR was getting pretty popular and they started supporting devices on Steam.
    A fun little game (if footage is anything to go by), that tried to tease a bit more of Portal stuff... but that was kinda it.

I guess this is their Steam Deck tech demo/promo? I hope I can still play it normally on my non-Deck Steam.

Interesting

• I think you can, but you absolutely need a controller, doesn't support mouse and keyboard.

I'm kind of reminded of their "robot repair" tech demo that came out when VR was getting pretty popular and they started supporting devices

• edited February 2022

NVM

• His response was great. "I need anti-tank ammunition, not a ride."

What a mad lad. I have nothing but respect for him. https://twitter.com/Haru0neday2813/status/1497518844751257608

• edited February 2022

Found an old theatre ticket in a coat pocket today. It's dated January 31st, 2019. A whole 3 years ago.

Looks like a collectible from a post-apocalypse video game too. Wrinkled, warped, cracked all over.
    Fitting for "The Before Times" :)

• Forums weren't working when I tried yesterday. Anyone else?

• Welp, gotta wait for a few days for Elden Ring to hit my stores. Sucks but at least I'm in mood to replay Bloodborne. I am planning to reach NG+7. Said it before and I'll say it again. Bloodborne ruined every single game that I have played in my life. If you own a PS4 or a PS5, then give this mother-hubbard a shot.

• Imagine considering a bad filmmaker worse than a cold blooded president who destroyed people's lives for no good reasons.

• Holy shit, they may actually still be alive

https://twitter.com/aletweetsnews/status/1497008826201124870 These men are heroes, may they rest in peace.

• Man made one movie a bunch of nerds didn't like and now he's worse than Hitler.

Imagine considering a bad filmmaker worse than a cold blooded president who destroyed people's lives for no good reasons.

• The dude followed it up with the stylish, exciting Knives Out too, and it was very good. I feel like a lot of people forget that.

Man made one movie a bunch of nerds didn't like and now he's worse than Hitler.

• I know its all a strange time rn, but I hope you guys think out of context unused thing is funny

• It’s illegal to post that without context. I’m writing you up, sir

I know its all a strange time rn, but I hope you guys think out of context unused thing is funny

• how about some more?

booper posted: »

It’s illegal to post that without context. I’m writing you up, sir

how about some more?

• Aw man I love Knives Out so much. Can't wait for the sequel this year!

The dude followed it up with the stylish, exciting Knives Out too, and it was very good. I feel like a lot of people forget that.

• March Meme

Tremble in fear, mortals

• vine boom noise

Sign in to comment in this discussion.