The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Tried bouldering for the first time with some friends. My arms are destroyed.

• I feel like in mood to rewatch the Planet of the Apes reboot trilogy at some point. This is a trilogy that despite the critical praise and box office success, not a lot of people talk about this masterpiece trilogy anymore. This is one of the rare cases in which reboots are better than the originals. I didn't see the whole original film, I only seen the final minutes of it but I can already tell it wouldn't be for me.

• edited March 2022

looks up 'bouldering'

Now this is a cultural vocab difference I didn't know about...
    EDIT: scratch that! Bouldering seems to be universal...
    my point still stand though. Never heard of that. Always thought it was just "rock climbing".

Do you guys call "Rock Climbing", "Bouldering" over there?
    I've never heard that word in my life.

lupinb0y posted: »

Tried bouldering for the first time with some friends. My arms are destroyed.

• I'm with you Chicken, never heard it once in my life. Is "rock climbing" just a North American thing then? No offense lup, but bouldering doesn't make any sense. Rock climbing, straightforward, you're climbing a rock. Bouldering feels like it can mean multiple things or have multiple meanings.

AChicken posted: »

looks up 'bouldering' Now this is a cultural vocab difference I didn't know about... EDIT: scratch that! Bouldering seems to be univ

• I believe that bouldering is climbing without a rope or harness and relying on crash pads to soften your falls. Also the climbs are much shorter in comparison to rock climbing.

looks up 'bouldering' Now this is a cultural vocab difference I didn't know about... EDIT: scratch that! Bouldering seems to be univ

• So me, being the filthy American that I am, I'll be honest that I just don't know much about soccer football. I know obviously some of the big name teams like Manchester United, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. just as I'm sure those not familiar with stuff like basketball or baseball are familiar with teams like the Celtics or Yankees. There are just some franchises that transcend the sport. I remember my friend, who's big into European football leagues and follows them religiously, was explaining to me how the leagues work and how teams move in and out of different leagues depending on how they perform and how they move up and down based on this. It both struck me as an interesting concept, and baffling. It felt like if the Baltimore Orioles, who have been a basement dwelling team for the last few years, just got relegated to the minor leagues, and in its place, the best performing minor league team got promoted to the majors. It certainly creates an incentive for teams to try and perform, but it feels as though the structure can get a bit confusing, at least to an outsider. But what do I know, again, filthy American who thinks of something entirely different when he hears football.

I'm honestly not huge into the NFL. I'm more into MLB, NHL, and golf generally speaking for a few reasons:

• My team absolutely sucks. As a Giants fan, we have nothing to be proud of lately. Sure we aren't as bad as the Redskins Football Team Commies Commanders, but we're really bad.
    • I find football pretty boring. Everyone always says "But it's so fast paced and action packed." No, when you get down to it, there's very little actual playing in American football. You want fast paced and action, watch hockey, it's far more exciting.

I causally follow it mainly because a few YouTubers I watch regularly cover NFL topics, among other sports, and because, as a Sports Management minor in college, I can't help but be drawn to most major American sports in some manner. One YouTuber in particular, Tom Grossi, mainly covers the Green Bay Packers but does whole skits and self-made comedy videos about the NFL in general. Stuff like "(NFL Team) Fan Reaction to the 21-22 NFL Season," but a lot of them are interconnected and have their own lore. Another one, UrinatingTree (immature name aside), covers every football game during the season in a comedic/shitposting manner and does entire videos on specific teams for continuously failing/underachieving, deep diving their history and decision making.

Unfortunately, to your main question, like I said, I don't really pay attention to soccer/football, so I don't really know much about Manchester United or the ownership surrounding them, sorry.

He was at Old Trafford the other day for Manchester United's match against Tottenham, he probably saw Cristiano Ronaldo, at age 37, score a

• edited March 2022

Bit worried Supermassive Games is spreading themselves too thin in terms of genre or game releases...

They just announced a new game: The Quarry. A spiritual-successor to Until Dawn, being a massive, horror-inspired title with a bunch of star-studded actors. This time it'll focus on a Summer Camp Slasher plot. It's also surprisingly coming in a just a few months.

But Supermassive also announced recently that their Dark Pictures Anthology will have a "Season One" finale, coming later this year... So that's gotta mean they have others planned.
    And they actually might -- if this gemastu leak is of any indication -- there's 5 other titles already trademarked and logo'd.

Not to mention that the Dark Pictures games haven't really been getting many good reviews for their story or gameplay... Hrm....

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2022

...is this a new shot of Wolf 2? 👀 (Or, is this just from the trailer and I'm misremembering?...)

• From the trailer, just looks a bit different cuz the effect they put on it, in the trailer he's punched and then falls into the screen for a camera cut

...is this a new shot of Wolf 2? 👀 (Or, is this just from the trailer and I'm misremembering?...) https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1504478476480311304

• also not me watching the trailer 1 million times

Poogers555 posted: »

From the trailer, just looks a bit different cuz the effect they put on it, in the trailer he's punched and then falls into the screen for a camera cut

• Rock climbing, straightforward, you're climbing a rock. Bouldering feels like it can mean multiple things or have multiple meanings.

I was racking my brain trying to figure out what it could mean before I looked it up. Pushing a boulder? Running from one, Indiana Jones style? :lol:

To be fair, I guess I've never really participated in actual "Bouldering" before. The only times I remember doing rock-climbing walls were at a few friends' birthday parties a long time ago.. and there were definitely harnesses used in those. The official definition of it describes Bouldering as climbing rock formations or artificial walls, that are short, often less than 20ft (6m), without harnesses.

According to the wikipedia article, too, it doesn't seem like it is exclusive to one region -- it even originated in the UK and France.
    I'm baffled I'd never heard of this before today. Maybe it has to do with Bouldering being a sub-specialization of overall rock-climbing sports?

I'm with you Chicken, never heard it once in my life. Is "rock climbing" just a North American thing then? No offense lup, but bouldering do

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

So, since all of you (mostly Poogs) seem to be Wolf starved people, when do you expect the next batch of info on the game to come?

• I think it somewhat depends on when it actually releases. I feel spring release is possible but I think they will want to go for a second half 2023 release so it has plenty of time for polish. Wouldnt even be shocked if they purposely release the first or the last episode in October just for the 10 years even if it was ready to launch in say August.

I think we may get an update in the summer. Not June/E3 time but maybe like August 2022. Game Awards I feel will be after that, especially if it does release in the Spring, but I think regardless there will be another trailer then. I think Expanse is the only factor that could change that as they may have something to show for the Expanse at the game awards by then and I don't think they want to overshadow one another.

dojo32161 posted: »

So, since all of you (mostly Poogs) seem to be Wolf starved people, when do you expect the next batch of info on the game to come?

• You do have a point with needing to promote Expanse. They do say they wouldn't work on two projects at once, and Wolf is gonna come first, but Expanse could come within the year-and-a-half following, I'd say...

Telltale usually does their own thing for promotion these days (unless it's got to do with Geoff Keighley), so probably a summer announcement, then Game Awards in December, then... maybe something in Spring 23 if they're releasing it in the summer.
    Whether that's all or a bit of Wolf is yet to be seen.

I think it somewhat depends on when it actually releases. I feel spring release is possible but I think they will want to go for a second ha

• Eyyy Brenda Song's in this one! Why is Justice Smith putting on the dopiest voice I've ever heard?

Seems like it'll be a Friday the 13th kinda deal, since the dude was freaking out so much about staying one more night, but then in the trailer you hear someone yelling "Cut it off!" so maybe there's some sort of infection thing as well?

Bit worried Supermassive Games is spreading themselves too thin in terms of genre or game releases... They just announced a new game: The

• Sooo.... this is freakin huge.

I was expecting the game to be mostly narrative-driven, with light RPG elements. But nah. It's a full freakin RPG with exploration and school sim elements. Persona 4: Hogwarts omg.

I... am not so pleased about those school sim elements (and the amount of timers in resource-gathering/creating) but so long as the combat and story (and yeah some of the hogwarts school stuff) doesn't get dull, it should turn out okay.
    Definitely not getting this at launch and definitely aiming for a used copy, that's where I sit with this right now.

• edited April 2022

thinkin bout rhys and vaughn in bl3

I think Rhys wasn't too bad but I have absolutely 0 idea what they were thinking with Vaughn.

thinkin bout rhys and vaughn in bl3

• edited March 2022

I do agree as this is 100% more directed towards Vaughn. Rhys segment of BL3 is probably the best part of BL3's story even if Rhys still yaps some pretty terrible BL3 humor from time to time. I feel like the Rhys segment only worked though because Katagawa and in general the idea of these 2 corporate rivals going against each other was a good idea to the point where it would be hard to screw it up. (And also insert ask Troy Baker to return, he says he wants to return, tell him you'll call him when its time and then never call him back)

May Vaughn rest in piece though. Don't know why they did it to him like that :(

I think Rhys wasn't too bad but I have absolutely 0 idea what they were thinking with Vaughn.

I think it also helps that Rhys honestly has a decent supporting cast to bounce off of with Zer0 and Lorelei (coffee adict). For Vaughn they just killed all his friends offscreen to make him funny bandit man.

I do agree as this is 100% more directed towards Vaughn. Rhys segment of BL3 is probably the best part of BL3's story even if Rhys still yap

• pouring one out for the homie cassius

I think it also helps that Rhys honestly has a decent supporting cast to bounce off of with Zer0 and Lorelei (coffee adict). For Vaughn they just killed all his friends offscreen to make him funny bandit man.

Uggghhhhh... don't remind me of what that DLC did to him, he's actually in character, then they go kill him off and make him a boss battle, then make a joke afterwards, just the worst.

pouring one out for the homie cassius

• I finally got to watch The Batman. Such a great film, Robert Pattisson killed it as the cape crusader. However, I am having a hard time which Batman film is actually my favorite. Either this one or Batman Begins.

There is one problem though

Am I the only one who is already fucking sick of setting Joker for the next villain in the sequel? I don't care how iconic he is and how much he means to Batman's character. He is too fucking overused and I'd rather see villains who didn't have a live-action debut yet or didn't have the best adaptation yet. I'd rather see a new interpretation of Bane or Mr. Freeze in Robert's Batman universe.

• At least he's with his cat now.

pouring one out for the homie cassius

• edited March 2022

So, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends is one of the PS Plus games of this month. (Its the free multiplayer addition to GoT, also released standalone)

I'm trying a bit of it now, and... I'm stunned there aren't any microtransactions or time-savers unlockable, even in this standalone version. Every piece of gear and cosmetics are earned through post-game drops or specific challenges.
    No nickel-and-diming predatory tactics! For a FREE multiplayer expansion! That's insane!

• Because of The Batman, I decided to revisit the Planet of the Apes reboot trilogy after a long time no see, considering that the sequels were directed by Matt Reeves.

These movies are motherfucking outstanding and they had NO reason to be this good but they pulled it off somehow. Caesar is easily one of my favorite movie protagonists, the CGI is top notch and I just can't get enough of the emotions in this storyline. I still think Dawn and War are Matt Reeves' best work, with The Batman coming a liiittle bit close. This is easily my favorite movie trilogy of all time and, hands down, the best one that came out in the last decade.

• I'm a traitor.

I, a die hard Yankee fan, just bought Red Sox tickets at Fenway Park. If I'm traveling up to Boston for a music festival, I wanted to also see one of the most legendary and famous stadiums in all of North America. Forgive me for my sins Yankee Gods, but it had to be done.

• You say that, but is it as good as 1997's Batman & Robin, y'know, a cinematic masterpiece with perfect green screen and a whopping 12% on Rotten Tomatoes? I don't think so /s

AronDracula posted: »

I finally got to watch The Batman. Such a great film, Robert Pattisson killed it as the cape crusader. However, I am having a hard time whic

• I don't know what that is. Is it the film where its history tells us that the dinosaurs were killed in the ice age?

You say that, but is it as good as 1997's Batman & Robin, y'know, a cinematic masterpiece with perfect green screen and a whopping 12% on Rotten Tomatoes? I don't think so /s

• That actually happened though, Big Science is silencing different opinions that don't conform to their own, no marketplace of ideas, no spirited debate, just peddling the narrative that dinosaurs were wiped out by an asteroid when, in fact, the ice age wrecked them. 1997's Batman & Robin exposed the conspiracy, making it the best film of all time. Avatar? Get out of here. Titanic? Haha nope. Spider-Man: No Way Home? More like No Way Homie.

(I'm in a giddy mood so mind my attempts at humour, I saw an opportunity and I took it) :joy:

I don't know what that is. Is it the film where its history tells us that the dinosaurs were killed in the ice age?

• WE’RE GETTING AN AVATAR YANG CHEN BOOK!

Finally, I was hoping for something like this when they started announcing Avatar books. From what we’ve seen in the show, comics, and read in the Kyoshi novels, she seemed like an interesting and beloved Avatar, even in Kyoshi’s time several decades later.

• Gamestop has a '50% Trade-in bonus towards Kirby & the Forgotten Land' this weekend.

Traded in Kirby Star Allies for 31$ (yeah), the bonus got it up to 46.50$
    Which made my total for Forgotten Land, around 37$. Instead of 90$.

Hell yeah. Wasn't planning to get it on launch day, but with these savings? Fantastic deal.

(Say what you will about Nintendo not price-reducing, but it keeps resale value high.)

• Rockstar and TakeTwo at it again...

At this point I don't think they will stop milking the 2013 cash cow even when GTA 6 releases. I think the worse part is though how many people who play GTA Online and defend this nonsense.

• Love this part of the reveal

Alongside the monthly limited-time rewards included as part of GTA+, Rockstar says subscribers will also be able to purchase special GTA+ Shark Cards from the PlayStation Store or Microsoft Store, which will provide "extra bonus cash"

Pay money to access features like:

• Pay more money.

I feel bad for those Rockstar are currently psychologically preying on.

First it'll be "ooh, only 6$ a month?"
    Then it's "Oh I get extra deals on Shark Cards? Why not buy some, because I can."
    Oof.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Rockstar and TakeTwo at it again... At this point I don't think they will stop milking the 2013 cash cow even when GTA 6 releases. I think the worse part is though how many people who play GTA Online and defend this nonsense.

• I am not surprised but also very surprised at the same time. How come this game and its online mode alone wasn't enough? It made billions of dollars, even more than any films in cinema history. Honest question: why should we be excited for GTA 6? I know for sure it's just gonna be like GTA 5. Garbage story but awesome gameplay. That's exactly the reason why I haven't played GTA 5 in years. The story mode had no replay value and I didn't love any of its characters. Not to mention it's one of the reasons why people like Mr. Bossman Fuck The World (MrBossFTW) exist who does nothing but make clickbait videos. Also, the "remastered" version brings nothing new except a few small details that people barely care about. The only thing that keeps the game interesting is the "Lamar roasts Franklin" memes.

At this point, GTA 5 can never be considered an old game or something that gives you nostalgia like the previous games because it was never abandoned and tons of players never let go of it. I have no intention of playing this game ever again because fuck Rockstar, fuck their defenders and fuck Take-Two.

Rockstar and TakeTwo at it again... At this point I don't think they will stop milking the 2013 cash cow even when GTA 6 releases. I think the worse part is though how many people who play GTA Online and defend this nonsense.

• edited March 2022

The story mode had no replay value and I didn't love any of its characters.

Hey now how could you not love Trevor who is possibly the best and most fitting crazy gta protagonist/character since Catalina in San andreas.

Anyway i do think it's pretty scummy how much they've been milking gta online its really fun with friends there's no doubt about that but there's no need for having people subscribe to access features it's taking it too far.

I am not surprised but also very surprised at the same time. How come this game and its online mode alone wasn't enough? It made billions of

• The story mode had no replay value and I didn't love any of its characters.

I miss when Rockstar used to bring the online content to storymode, like cars and weapons but then they just stopped.

Not to mention it's one of the reasons why people like Mr. Bossman Fuck The World (MrBossFTW) exist who does nothing but make clickbait videos

MrClickbaitFTW actually made a video about the membership. And he's not even against it of course.

Also, the "remastered" version brings nothing new except a few small details that people barely care about. The only thing that keeps the game interesting is the "Lamar roasts Franklin" memes.

Another bad thing about it is that Xbox and PC players haven't even got the update yet.

At this point, GTA 5 can never be considered an old game or something that gives you nostalgia like the previous games because it was never abandoned and tons of players never let go of it.

Is it bad that I still consider the GTA 5 story to be nostalgic? I know GTA 4 is better but I still do like GTA 5 gameplay and details.

I am not surprised but also very surprised at the same time. How come this game and its online mode alone wasn't enough? It made billions of

• Is it bad that I still consider the GTA 5 story to be nostalgic?

It's actually written that way and supposed to make you feel nostalgic so it's not bad it makes sense.

From Michael's storyline with him being an old school kind of guy and being stuck in the past and missing his old life,hell even the music feels nostalgic like the pause menu theme of the game or just about any other music involving Michael in the game.

It's meant to be and look like a "hollywood" blockbuster movie and at the same time a satire on greedy companies and a lot of other things which is ironic now because you could say Rockstar has become the very thing they made fun of back then.

The story mode had no replay value and I didn't love any of its characters. I miss when Rockstar used to bring the online content to

• He is fine, I guess. I wasn't one of the people who hated him for killing Johnny but sometimes, he takes things way too far. It's more of a like and dislike situation. Same with Catalina.

iFoRias posted: »

The story mode had no replay value and I didn't love any of its characters. Hey now how could you not love Trevor who is possibly th

• Speaking of GTA, this is exactly what I have been waiting for ever since GTA Trilogy Defective Edition was released.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.