The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Speaking as someone who preferred playing as Trevor during most of my sandbox playtime, he could be rather gross and cross a genuine boundary at times.

iFoRias posted: »

The story mode had no replay value and I didn't love any of its characters. Hey now how could you not love Trevor who is possibly th

• Wow, Rockstar must really be strapped for cash if they're releasing this new subscription. Hopefully they bounce back so we can get Grand Theft Auto VI in 2023 and Grand Theft Auto VII in 2025 /s

Menofthe214 posted: »

Rockstar and TakeTwo at it again... At this point I don't think they will stop milking the 2013 cash cow even when GTA 6 releases. I think the worse part is though how many people who play GTA Online and defend this nonsense.

• edited March 2022

Trevor is good fun to play with, but for me I think he's a bit off-putting, just because he's just a genuine maniac, but he has some of the funniest dialogue in the game.

Crashes car "Well I'll be fucked"

Aside from him, I usually play as Michael, back then I was into the whole washed up millionaire with a massive house you got with Michael, plus his bullet time ability is fun for if you decide you're going to take on the entire LSPD force.

iFoRias posted: »

The story mode had no replay value and I didn't love any of its characters. Hey now how could you not love Trevor who is possibly th

• Ikr, people should give them a break, they're just a simple indie company.

Wow, Rockstar must really be strapped for cash if they're releasing this new subscription. Hopefully they bounce back so we can get Grand Theft Auto VI in 2023 and Grand Theft Auto VII in 2025 /s

• after over a month, the @chickensingames twitter account has posted

Screenshot 2022-03-27 030005|536x500, 75%

I should probably just get a twitter to keep track of that lol
    also yeah this gives me literal joy. it's a fun account. :smile:

• I should probably just get a twitter

DON’T!

AChicken posted: »

after over a month, the @chickensingames twitter account has posted (Spoiler)

• edited March 2022

Oh, buddy. With how long I've obsessed over this moniker, I'm already treading the line of internet furry...

It's obviously the next logical step ;)

edit: hahaha. crap. why did I say that

I should probably just get a twitter DON’T!

• edited March 2022

Again, the parallels. Or based on the date, I suppose they're more like source of inspiration, ain't they? Like, we're literally in Season 2 AND ANF territory now and the former was kinda obvious for painful reasons.

• Context?

DabigRG posted: »

Again, the parallels. Or based on the date, I suppose they're more like source of inspiration, ain't they? Like, we're literally in Season 2 AND ANF territory now and the former was kinda obvious for painful reasons.

• edited March 2022

Hyperventilation, "You're weak," and I suppose as of just now "They were a threat."

Also, "You better find them. And you bring em to me!"

Context?

• Somehow you provided even less context.

Hyperventilation, "You're weak," and I suppose as of just now "They were a threat." Also, "You better find them. And you bring em to me!"

• edited March 2022

I think he's referring to TWD show, because I feel like I remember Tyreese having a line similar to "You better find them and bring em to me" when he finds...

his girlfriend burned and dead after Carol killed her when she got sick with a bunch of others in the prison

EDIT: Yep, definitely referring to the show, based on his recent comment in the Currently Watching discussion

lupinb0y posted: »

Somehow you provided even less context.

• Just a thought on GTA V, I've been rewatching some clips lately (one of those channels that does missions with gold medals has been uploading recently) and I have to say, the game is much funnier than I remembered. And I always found it funny, but in the nearly 9 years it's been since it came out, my sense of humor has changed, and yet the game hasn't and it's actually improved. It's tempting me into wanting to replay the story, just for the dialogue and such.

• Speaking of the Walking Dead Game, I decided to look up the Gallery from the Definitive Edition and there's some...odd stuff there, to say the least. Particularly when it comes to characters like Wyatt, Eddie, Max, Knight jesus(yes, they gave him his own space despite literally being the same character in the same game), and Mitch.

Also, whoever posted it clearly doesn't like Louis or Tenn. Egregiously so.

@lupinb0y Somehow you provided less context.

Oh, sorry. I didn't want to say too much on the odd chance someone gets spoiled on either. That and I was literally starting an episode when I decided to post, so I was trying to recall the best indicators of what I meant.

• I think next time just spoiler tag it if you wanna be careful and provide some context on what you're talking about lol

Speaking of the Walking Dead Game, I decided to look up the Gallery from the Definitive Edition and there's some...odd stuff there, to say t

• edited March 2022

Well that was certainly an interesting moment between Chris Rock and Will Smith at the Oscars last night.

Too bad no one gives a damn and watches the Oscars anymore. Honestly, I didn’t even know it was on last night. I have better things to do than watch famous people pat themselves on the back and preach from their mountain tops.

If you don't mind, I'm just going to go ahead post some of the memes that I made:

• That last one tho

Well that was certainly an interesting moment between Chris Rock and Will Smith at the Oscars last night. Too bad no one gives a damn and

• edited March 2022

I just added some more, so it's not the last one anymore, but I know the one you're referring to

That last one tho

• Bad news: Failed to receive my PS5 because I bought it from a seller who didn't ship my product and didn't respond to my messages.

Good news: I am getting a refund.

• Where did you buy from if you don't mind me asking?

AronDracula posted: »

Bad news: Failed to receive my PS5 because I bought it from a seller who didn't ship my product and didn't respond to my messages. (Spoiler)

• this will be wolf among us graphics in 2015

• @Menofthe214
    G2A. I found one with the cheapest price out of all the scalpering stuff. Yes, I am aware I shouldn't pay much money but it was at least 600 bucks.

For some reason, I cannot reply to you.

• I may have stolen this from a fellow moderator BUT it was funny, needed to be shared.

• https://twitter.com/riddique3/status/1508581405210537987 I may have stolen this from a fellow moderator BUT it was funny, needed to be shared.

• WOO! 100% on Horizon Forbidden West.

With that said, I have no idea what to do now? I've been playing this game for a month straight, what do I do next?

• I'd recommend Bloodborne if you like games that don't hold your hand.

WOO! 100% on Horizon Forbidden West. With that said, I have no idea what to do now? I've been playing this game for a month straight, what do I do next?

• edited March 2022

So the Oscars happened, didn't watch because I was not arsed, but I had my eye on if Dos Oruguitas from Encanto would win Best Original Song (spoiler alert, it didn't) No Time To Die won the award. To say that I was triggered is an understatement... I'm kidding, I was like "Of course the James Bond song won", when I hadn't even heard the song, but blast Dos Oruguitas on repeat. I was disappointed because I think Dos Oruguitas is by far a more emotional song, that isn't to say that No Time To Die isn't emotional by any means, because I was curious as to how it sounded, and it was surprisingly heartfelt, I didn't anticipate it being this quiet, depressing song of distrust and reflecting on the past, questioning if the right choices were made.

Both songs were performed by their respective artists, Sebastián Yatra performing Dos Oruguitas and Billie Eilish performing No Time To Die, and the latter sounded so much better live, when I heard the live version of the former, I thought "surely there's a problem with the microphone?" As it was so hard to hear the lyrics, and that could be a possibility, but I do not think it is likely, so I was disappointed, but Billie Eilish's performance, just sublime, she's really grown as a singer, she always had a good voice, but this song shows her maturity as a singer that's part of a major film franchise.

Also, there was a live performance of We Don't Talk About Bruno, but the main cast were backup singers supporting Megan Thee Stallion (Megan, you were good on WAP, but why are you here?) which rubbed me, an Encanto fanboy, the wrong way. It felt so disorganized and so much was going on, which the song itself has a lot going on but I think the live performance just turned that dial up and muddled it more, what the original version did worked, but it was a fine balance, and the scales tipped to the point where the live performance just became a competition for what, or who, could make the most noise.

I was pretty down that Does Oruguitas didn't win, and I still am, but I think I'm at peace with No Time To Die winning, though I think it being tied to James Bond played a part, it was still a really good song that deserved to win, as was Dos Oruguitas.

Also there was a slap that happened, Chris Rock got slapped right back to 2010's Grown Ups, that was funny, but it was a bit dramatic too. I saw a video with Jimmy Carr dealing with a heckler, and he just embarrassed him, he handled it way better, and kept it in line with what he was doing: stand up comedy, Will let himself down with that one but that's easy for me to say from where I'm sitting and not where he was sitting.

EDIT: Listening to Sebastián Yatra's performance again, and the occasion may have got to him, love them or hate them, the Oscars still is a big deal, with major celebrities present like world slapping champion Will Smith being there, and then there's just being on stage, he may be a musician but he is human, being in front of people in general may have just got to him here, so I'm a lot more forgiving of his performance, he did what I would struggle to do.

• Got my money back after failing to receive my PS5. I'm so happy but sad at the same time because I almost got my hands on it. I was so close to getting it.

I think I was almost scammed because the seller never responded back after the first one. Don't ever buy from companies that have no ratings or products sold in their accounts.

• APRIL 27TH, BABY STANLEY!!

Steam, Switch, Ps4, Ps5, Xbox One, Series X/S

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO!!!

AChicken posted: »

APRIL 27TH, BABY STANLEY!! Steam, Switch, Ps4, Ps5, Xbox One, Series X/S

• Pretty cool article on how they did the wolf 2 event. I dont think its been confirmed, but it does seem very likely Epic is continuously helping to fund Wolf 2 rather than it being just an exclusive deal by the sounds of the article.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/developer-interviews/how-developers-used-unreal-engine-to-showcase-the-wolf-among-us-2-from-inside-the-game

Article implies they want to do something like this again, which I hope so as I think it was a really cool way to give an update.

• edited March 2022

Just gonna post this old trailer for the original Stanley Parable, since it's so unique. One of the most memorable trailers for anything I've ever seen.

If you haven't tried it, play the demo on steam!! It's a stand-alone vertical slice of the main game experience.
    Sort of hoping they might do it again for the new version.

• edited March 2022

Trailer for Netflix's upcoming animated movie, The Sea Beast. It looks like it'll be a fun and the visuals are actually really nice, but the audio for the voice acting is super funky. It doesn't sound like it's actually part of the movie if that makes any sense. Hopefully that's not a thing in the actual release.

• Yeah, I can see something's off with that.

The lipsynching is slightly off (delayed), and the dialogue itself is too loud, doesn't feel a part of the action itself.
    Hopefully that's just trailer editing

Trailer for Netflix's upcoming animated movie, The Sea Beast. It looks like it'll be a fun and the visuals are actually really nice, but the

• I haven't yet reached the ending, but

Kirby and the Forgotten Land spoilers

--while luckily I haven't been spoiled on what happens/where it takes place-- Youtube has been recommending me tracks from the game's soundtrack that I guess are getting a lot of views.
    The main one I've seen pop up (yet haven't listened to, obviously) is called: "Final Battle: Two Planets Approaching the Roche Limit".

If you've never heard of the Roche Limit before, like me, then you'll be pleased to know it sounds batshit badass, like any Kirby finale usually is.
    It involves the 'limit an orbiting object has to reach before it begins to pull apart', from what I can gather. Can't wait to see how that plays into the final battle, since it certainly hasn't been teased yet.

• edited March 2022

I'm just gonna say this.

Besides Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode, Rockstar hasn't done anything good since 2013. There is a huge number of things that prove it:

• No 10th Year Anniversary for GTA 4 like the previous games. Not even a simple port for PS4/PS5.
    • Dan Houser and Lazlow Jones leaving the studio.
    • Hiring a terrible company, instead of themselves, to do remaster of the GTA trilogy for both mobile and the current platforms.
    • Milking GTA Online to death.
    • The GTA 5 Single Player DLC that never happened.
    • Cancelling Agent. The PS3 exclusive that never happened.
    • GTA The Contract DLC being exclusive to Online.
    • Lazy content for Red Dead Online and leaving it to die.
    • No Bully 2. I mean, Manhunt did get a sequel despite its massive controversies so why not Bully which ain't even that violent?
    • DMCA for mods in their games.
    • Shark Cards
    • Releasing the GTA Trilogy "Definitive Edition" completely unfinished.
    • Employees getting treated like shit.
    • GTA+. A subscription service recently released for an almost-decade-old game. The Reward for it isn't even worth it. All it does is giving Rockstar more money.
  • Thanks for sharing! A lot more stuff in here than I thought there was going to be. The art is super cool. The monster redesign is great.

booper posted: »

I bought the new issue of Edge that has info on TWAU2 so you wouldn’t have to. https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWolfAmongUs/comments/tsz7iu/twau2_in_edge_magazine_may_2022_new_concept_art/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• I just learned that Netflix's Avatar is going to have 8 episodes for the first season, with the length of each episode being one hour long. That's pretty neat actually.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Y'all should read One Piece.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.