The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I just managed to get another chance of ordering a PS5.

This time I ordered it from a website with safer security and it's a bundle version. It contains a PS Plus 12 month subscription, a PSN money card (Both with a region different compared to my account's region) and two games: Gran Turismo 7 and Horizon Forbidden West.

It's way more expensive than the last one that I failed to order. However, I have an idea to sell the additional stuff , even the games (No offense to Horizon fans, especially MetallicaRules), so it would be 575 euros spent on the console.

• According to several creators who spoke to TheWrap, the Kids & Family space at Netflix Animation has changed. Series that benefited from great word-of-mouth and critical praise aren’t being renewed and several high-profile projects have been unceremoniously canceled

The Dragon Prince: Ha ha, I'm in danger.

dojo32161 posted: »

Really fucked up they just torched their animation for reasons just as dumb as that. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/netflix-animation-erased-executives-fired-220251819.html

• Damn, should really try and give Horizon a shot, it's a great game.

AronDracula posted: »

I just managed to get another chance of ordering a PS5. This time I ordered it from a website with safer security and it's a bundle versi

• I know. But I still haven't finished the first game and kinda lost my mood for it. Maybe I'll keep the sequel on hold for a while.

Damn, should really try and give Horizon a shot, it's a great game.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

It's probably fine, since the series is outsourced and not in-house.

According to several creators who spoke to TheWrap, the Kids & Family space at Netflix Animation has changed. Series that benefited from

• Oh I forgot to mention: I did the thing yesterday, that people often do yesterday, given what yesterday's date was, for the first time.

Just a bit. Little bit. Just to try.
    It was ok.

• edited April 2022

I...I don't know how I feel about this.

Edit: Okay, so, after reading some stuff on it, I'm really not sure how to feel still. It's going to be a whole new cast of characters, so don't expect returning Tales 1 characters in this (no butchering of personalities). But, are we sure THESE are the writers we want doing this type of game. I'll wait and see, but my expectations are pretty low for this.

https://twitter.com/GearboxOfficial/status/1517228146633887745 intense sweating

• This is really a weird news week.

Live action Minecraft movie.

Gearbox Tales.

Seriously what timeline is this

https://twitter.com/GearboxOfficial/status/1517228146633887745 intense sweating

• We all need to talk with Doctor Strange.

AChicken posted: »

This is really a weird news week. Live action Minecraft movie. Gearbox Tales. Seriously what timeline is this

• The fact that they're showing silhouettes of Rhys, Fiona and Gortys (at least it looks like it to me) feels like this will somewhat resolve the disappearing cliffhanger of the first one.

No Telltale involvement is kinda scary though. Will the gameplay remain the same? Characters? Writing? So many questions.

I...I don't know how I feel about this. Edit: Okay, so, after reading some stuff on it, I'm really not sure how to feel still. It's going

That is not their silhouettes.

The fact that they're showing silhouettes of Rhys, Fiona and Gortys (at least it looks like it to me) feels like this will somewhat resolve

• edited April 2022

At this point wouldn't be surprised if Telltale announced they're continuing Game of Thrones.

This is really a weird news week. Live action Minecraft movie. Gearbox Tales. Seriously what timeline is this

• Ah, I guess you're right. The short, stout character in the middle has a large base, it reminded me of Gortys' big gams upgrade she gets for half the season.

Well that's a little reassuring if Gearbox is headlining this

dojo32161 posted: »

That is not their silhouettes.

• Yeah I also assumed the silhouettes were of Rhys, Fiona, and Gortys.

Ah, I guess you're right. The short, stout character in the middle has a large base, it reminded me of Gortys' big gams upgrade she gets for half the season. Well that's a little reassuring if Gearbox is headlining this

• edited April 2022

It's coming out THIS YEAR???

And it's with a new cast of characters too. Well at least they won't ruin the Tales characters any further than they already have I guess.

Gonna wait until there's more information about this like who's writing it and whatnot before I get disappointed in this lol.

Also RIP Poogs

2K and Randy Pitchford keep saying it'll have new STORIES. I might be reading too much into this but I wonder if this means it'll be episodic and each episode is an entirely different story with a new cast.

• Um, I'm sorry, what?

Reddit is banning users who mention the name of Metallica's debut album, Kill em' All. Someone mentioned the album, and Reddit permanently banned them because of "threatening violence." Well, I know what I'll be blasting later tonight. Everyone, please scream it with me:

KILL EM ALL

Um, I'm sorry, what? Reddit is banning users who mention the name of Metallica's debut album, Kill em' All. Someone mentioned the alb

• I’ll accept this

AronDracula posted: »

• Doesn't seem this is literally Tales 2 but more so a spin-off of the spin-off. I really hope Gearbox is true about being their own Tales and not trying to connect with the original game. Tales is way too special and if a direct sequel to Rhys and Fiona's story ever happens, I really want as many original team members on it. (Heck, it all honesty it could be considered a little easier to do so seeing how so many of them are at AdHoc together already as a team.)

We'll wait and see, almost sounds as if each episode may be more like an anthology which would be interesting. Really I think my only opinion on it is I hope they don't touch the Telltale stuff and maybe one day work with Telltale and AdHoc to make a direct follow up. I'll still check it out when it releases as I think the concept is pretty good as a whole and I really don't want to just go "NO TELLTALE NO BUY" especially when it seems they want to make their own story.

• Y'know what. Good points. I'll keep my eye out for the initial trailer and details when they drop at least. An anthology could potentially be fun, but yeah if they touch any of the telltale shit I'm gonna flip. They already ruined Vaughn and Rhys and that was little more than cameo missions.

Poogers555 posted: »

Doesn't seem this is literally Tales 2 but more so a spin-off of the spin-off. I really hope Gearbox is true about being their own Tales and

They also squandered Cassius by just killing him off in the last Borderlands 2 DLC.

Y'know what. Good points. I'll keep my eye out for the initial trailer and details when they drop at least. An anthology could potentially b

• edited April 2022

Reading the news but then seeing it says focusing on new characters

• Reading comments telling GB to include Tales characters in New Tales instead of just leaving them alone

Got two dogs today.

...The cat is not a happy camper.

• So, I'm a fully post-secondary-educated actor now! Our final Year 3 shows ended last night.

It hasn't hit me yet today, probably won't for a while (the school still has organized a few extra workshops this week for the class)
    But as far as my transcript is concerned, I'm done.

Now I've got to schedule my own life and, hopefully, get in the business.
    ...definitely gonna need to take a break for myself though, first! It was an intensive and busy experience overall.
    Wow. :o

• Congratulations! Can't wait to see Phantom Of The Opera But Starring A Giant Chicken when it comes to town!

So, I'm a fully post-secondary-educated actor now! Our final Year 3 shows ended last night. It hasn't hit me yet today, probably won't f

• Tomorrow, I will finally receive my PS5 and I hope it was worth waiting for this fucking long.

• Congratulations, I’m sure Hollywood is always looking for some talented chicken actors. Yes I know WarpSpeed made this joke, but in my defense, I was out golfing and missed the opportunity.

But seriously, that is awesome and I’m very happy for you.

So, I'm a fully post-secondary-educated actor now! Our final Year 3 shows ended last night. It hasn't hit me yet today, probably won't f

• edited April 2022

No worries. I think you'll find I'm not so Tee'd off by people injecting that kind of humour into my life.

And thanks you two! @WarpSpeed

Congratulations, I’m sure Hollywood is always looking for some talented chicken actors. Yes I know WarpSpeed made this joke, but in my defen

• edited April 2022

Ladies and gents, we did it!

• Here are my first impressions:

• In terms of PS4 games with available PS5 upgrades, it makes a HUGE difference. I have just installed the PS5 version of Elden Ring and when I tested it, I was blown away by how the frames were increased from 30fps to 60fps, let alone the loading time speed. I will never get back to Elden Ring on my old PS4 pro. THIS IS THE SHIT!!!!
    • All the PS4 games with no PS5 upgrades, some of them seem to remain the same. Resident Evil 5 plays the same because it was already remastered for PS4. I hate the fact that Bloodborne didn't get any upgrades whatsoever. Seriously, I still think this is FromSoft's best game, yet it's only one in the Souls series with no 60fps upgrade.
    • The User Interface is a little bit odd but I think I'll get used to it. I am really glad to see there is no lag whatsoever. I hated how the PS4's UI was lagging sometimes, especially when you navigate through the PSN store for so long.
    • Speaking of PSN store, I am glad they made it part of the PS5 UI instead of making into a separate website, which is probably why it made me lag my PS4 pro.
    • Downloading speed is faster but it still seems pretty slow. I'm not sure if it's my internet or that's how it works.
    • The PS5 upgrade system is kind of weird. I don't think it's an "upgrade", it's more of a "Oh, you own PS4 copy of the certain game, well here is your PS5 version but you have to download it again". Long story short, you can have two versions of the game in your home screen. For example, on the PS5 console itself, I can either play the PS4 version of Resident Evil Village or the PS5 version of it.
    • Speaking of Resident Evil Village, when I transferred my save date to its PS5 version, for some reason, it didn't transfer my trophies as well. The trophy catalog showed me that the game had separate lists of the trophies for both versions. I thought it would make me re-earn the platinum but then I learned that with the help of my old save data, I can auto-top the trophies pretty easily. For example, if I pick up a collectible, I will get an instant trophy for collecting all the collectibles, even if I picked only one. That's great but it will still make me have to play through the game at least once.

Overall, I am finally glad that my hunting for a PS5 unit has come to an end and I am excited for Demon's Souls remake (After I finish Elden Ring) and Spider-Man 2.

• edited April 2022

Skybound released a 10 minute documentary in celebration of the 10th anniversary of Telltale's The Walking Dead featuring some of the developers and voice actors There's some neat behind the scenes info like the game originally being a Left 4 Dead spin off and Robert Kirkman wanting to work with Telltale because of Homestar Runner. There's also a look at an early proof of concept prototype using models from their previous games

• edited April 2022

Really interesting that this game was originally going to be a spin-off to Left 4 Dead. Maybe it would have been like Tales from the Borderlands but with zombies or just same as the Walking Dead but with running zombie.

I always loved the fact the developers intend to use the beta test map designs for an actual location in the game. Just like how Myiazaki decided to turn the Painted World of Ariamis into a level for Dark Souls due to the atmosphere alone.

lupinb0y posted: »

Skybound released a 10 minute documentary in celebration of the 10th anniversary of Telltale's The Walking Dead featuring some of the develo

Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe releases in less than an hour!

• TRIBECA GAMES FESTIVAL THIS YEAR IS GONNA LET YOU PLAY OXENFREE 2!!

AAAHHHHHH

Hot damn this is a good deal, and you can get AI: The Somnium Files in a bundle with the Zero Escape trilogy for very cheap.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.