The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Not an official explanation, but Fables takes place inside New York City, and you'll find that a lot of real life New York City residents don't drive, either. Public transportation is easy to come by (even before things like Uber existed), so there's no real reason to bear the expense and headaches of a car.

AronDracula posted: »

There is one thing I never understood about The Wolf Among Us Why doesn't Bigby, a Private Investigator, use any sort of transport? Why d

• edited February 5

Well in the comics there is never anything that happens similar to what happens in Wolf, and Fabletown is described as being pretty calm. Bigby says he has only ever been in a foot chase less than 5 times in like 300 years. Also Bigby wouldn't be driving a cop car, because he isn't a real cop in the mundy world, so he'd realistically only get as fast as he would in a taxi anyway. So the simple answer is Wolf has more of an action focus that involves more real world violence while the comics never portray a situation like that Bigby would find himself in, so maybe some of his traits seem lacking compared to a real world counter part after adapting from comic to game, although I think for his character it makes sense.

The cool answer is Bigby is really good at power walking and being sad in the back of taxis makes him mysterious and cool.

He still lives in a town full of mundies. So if he has to reach a location where let's just say a bad guy commits murder with time running o

• Check out what i have on my TT account, it's f*cking relic right here. Also, wow being back here is an experience.

• I feel like this was poorly worded and articles are immediately making clickbaits. Always jumping into conclusion without full context.

lupinb0y posted: »

Disappointing. It wasn't a plot point that lasted long, but it was great that it was even brought up in the first place in the original seri

• Let's hope it's just that, cause honestly the more I'm hearing about some of these changes (Katara being less motherly, Aang being more mission focused, whatever the hell is going on with Sokka's actor, etc) the more I'm thinking the OG creators were right to leave the project.

I feel like this was poorly worded and articles are immediately making clickbaits. Always jumping into conclusion without full context.

• edited February 7

At this point, it would be best for these people to just keep their mouths shut. Whether it's true or not, anything they're saying is going to add fuel to a fire. Some people are out for blood and will gladly take any line or tidbit out of context to fit their argument, and couple that with some questionable creative decisions, bad wording in their answers, and shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly, the showrunners and actors are not doing themselves any favors.

They shouldn't downplay any of these aspects in their characters, especially in Katara and Aang's case. But it's what I expect to come from a lot of media directed towards modern audiences.

Let's hope it's just that, cause honestly the more I'm hearing about some of these changes (Katara being less motherly, Aang being more miss

• edited February 7

Them bringing up the OG creators makes absolutely no sense. Because I did a small research and found out that these are the same people who also served as the executive producers for the movie that doesn't exist. I don't think they love the final product but they still shared admiration for Shyamalan's work.

Nowadays, I am getting used to the fact that not every beloved movie, show or game creator can still show their talent on the screen. Case in point, The Callisto Protocol made by the Dead Space creator himself.

Let's hope it's just that, cause honestly the more I'm hearing about some of these changes (Katara being less motherly, Aang being more miss

• edited February 7

I seen the latest clip of Netflix Avatar and they literally showcased Aang acting exactly like how I would have imagined for a live-action adaptation. I'm going for the "Show, don't tell" route. I'm keeping my expectations low and I'll just watch it as just a reimagination of the storyline. They just need to justify the changes.

At this point, it would be best for these people to just keep their mouths shut. Whether it's true or not, anything they're saying is going

• Their involvement was very slim, I believe they tried to give him suggestions in regards to it, and he promptly ignored them.

Them bringing up the OG creators makes absolutely no sense. Because I did a small research and found out that these are the same people who

• 2 years ago the wolf 2 event was announced.

Wolf 1 ended 3501 days ago.

• Just remembered the Fiona book comes out this year and we can finally see how her and Sasha's character enter the meat grinder.

• ... What? Gearbox is releasing a Fiona novel?

Poogers555 posted: »

Just remembered the Fiona book comes out this year and we can finally see how her and Sasha's character enter the meat grinder.

• The…WHAT?!

Just remembered the Fiona book comes out this year and we can finally see how her and Sasha's character enter the meat grinder.

• ...what? Gearbox knows how to write?

... What? Gearbox is releasing a Fiona novel?

• edited February 8

Yes, it was announced a while ago but there is now a synopsis about the plot. Apparently (somehow) Fiona and Sasha are still trying to get enough money to retire or whatever so they managed to get a very expensive vault lander figure that is apparently worth so much it will have them set for life. So they go to a planet that is filled will billionaires to find a buyer. Then apparently Gage will be there and they get involved in a revolution.

It comes out in June.

"And then Fiona and Sasha find a Funko Pop and cause a mass uprising"

... What? Gearbox is releasing a Fiona novel?

• The more I watch the promotion of this show, the more I am getting sold.

• How about you take one for the team and read it, tell us your thoughts.

Yes, it was announced a while ago but there is now a synopsis about the plot. Apparently (somehow) Fiona and Sasha are still trying to get e

• edited February 9

Looks like that Coyote vs ACME movie might just get shelved and deleted forever for no good reason, despite being offered up to $80 million dollars for release rights from Netflix, Amazon, and Paramount. Twice as much as they would make from it being a tax write-down.

I remember a few people saying that the original story of the movie getting shelved was some sort of 4D chess move by David Zaslav in order to drum up marketing for the movie. Turns out he just fuckin' sucks ass like everyone thought.

What a needlessly cruel move by WB/Discovery. I hope it gets leaked online as a big fuck you to Zaslav and the company.

• me after reading the climax of the book when Fiona takes the rare funko pop, takes it out of its packaging and ruining its value to defeat the evil bad guys.

Ekelund21 posted: »

How about you take one for the team and read it, tell us your thoughts.

• Didn't the early 2000s Looney Tunes: Back in Action movie also end in a courtroom?

How dare they do this to my man Wile E.

Looks like that Coyote vs ACME movie might just get shelved and deleted forever for no good reason, despite being offered up to $80 million

• Oh goodie, it's time for my annual "Fuck the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" rant.

ahem

Fuck the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Rock must truly be dead if our nominees list is down to Cher, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, and Sinead O'Connor. Fine musicians in their own right (minus Sinead, who was fucking terrible), but notice that these aren't actually rock.

You have the cherry picked rock artists that should have been in there like Ozzy Osbourne and Foreigner, followed by even the rock artist they pick being mid to just terrible (Peter Frampton, Jane's Addiction, Lenny Kravitz).

Meanwhile, bands that should have been in there (Iron Maiden, Motörhead, Slayer, Pantera, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, Ronnie James Dio, Rainbow, UFO, Soundgarden, Beck, Thin Lizzy, B-52's, Tool, Misfits/Glenn Danzig, Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots, Blue Oyster Cult, Styx, Jethro Tull, Bad Company) are once again ignored.

The easiest solution is to just rebrand as the Music Hall of Fame. Do that, no one will complain anymore.

• A Telltale forum tradition!

On this note, the Pro Football Hall of Fame is idiotic; you can be the greatest ever in a position and they won't induct you until you're wearing diapers. Like there is nothing more disgraceful than inducting someone who played, say, 40 years ago, only after they died.

Some of the bands you mentioned have that problem --- didn't the B-52s just lose someone last year? It's really awful that we can only celebrate some of these people when they're dead even though their greatness is fully apparent. Of course, at the end of the day these hall of fames don't matter, but I just roll my eyes sometimes.

Oh goodie, it's time for my annual "Fuck the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" rant. ahem Fuck the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Rock must tru

• edited February 10

they managed to get a very expensive vault lander figure that is apparently worth so much it will have them set for life

Fucking... VAULTLANDERS!!

Yes, it was announced a while ago but there is now a synopsis about the plot. Apparently (somehow) Fiona and Sasha are still trying to get e

• There are many things I wish I could say about WBD, Zaslav, and the Executives at that company right now, but I'd rather keep my ability to stay on this forum 😇

I will say that apparently none of them have even seen the movie, and that's heartbreaking.
    The work of hundreds vaporized by a few greedy powerful people with zero resolution for anyone.

Looks like that Coyote vs ACME movie might just get shelved and deleted forever for no good reason, despite being offered up to $80 million

• None because I'm not a multiplayer guy. Although, I'd like to try DBD someday.

Which game do you prefer out of the three? https://x.com/horrorlover_666/status/1756437967537672683?s=61

• F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US.

• \ F17 / \ F17 / \ F17 / \ F17 / \ F17 / \ F17 / \ F17 / \ F17 / \ F17 / \ F17 / \ F17 / \ F17 /

Manifesting TWAU 2 trailer and announcement of the true TFTB sequel.

F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US. F17 SAVE US.

• edited February 13

Just saw Gearbox is starting to tease Borderlands 4, probably gonna be announced at PAX

I am not ready for a second dosing of the worst writing known to man. Why did I bring up the book? Why did I mention F17? Every time I say something the opposite of what I hope to happen happens.

• Oh yeah, it's pretty obvious they're teasing BL4.

The story of BL3 sucked, but the gameplay carried that game. It sold well, but you can tell the fans did not respond well to it for the most part. And the more content it shat out because of the live service element behind it, the less enthusiastic people became.

Wonderlands was slightly better storywise, but there was no enthusiasm after it. It came and went quickly, and no one talks about it anymore. Even the gameplay, for everything new they added, it just felt boring. Gameplay is what saves BL as a whole, and when that gets boring, you're in some shit. Not to mention the season pass for the game and its DLC's were absolute crap that pissed everyone off.

And then, New Tales...the less said about this dumpster fire the better.

And don't forget the movie that has gone through rewrites, reshoots, a new director, production hell, and a team of miscast actors that everyone knows is going to suck massive ass.

Point is, it feels like Borderlands is finally hitting its wall. Its popularity has maxed out and its reputation is on the decline. I don't expect BL4 to sell well and definitely not have the hype surrounding it that BL3 had. No one is excited to see where the story goes from here. We don't want more Ava, we don't want another game to be laser focused on Lilith (we all know she's not gone and will be a huge MacGuffin of some kind I bet), we don't want any villains like the Calypso's, we don't want one dimensional new characters when the cast is already too bloated as it is. It all feels like Borderlands is becoming a parody of itself, and losing what made it fun and unique to begin with. So unless this creative team is willing to learn from what made BL fun and great, then I expect more of the same from BL4.

Just saw Gearbox is starting to tease Borderlands 4, probably gonna be announced at PAX I am not ready for a second dosing of the wor

• Fully expecting the story to be terrible but I have a bad feeling the gameplay may try and be something far closer to a live service. For the most part Borderlands hasn't done what modern games as service has done (instead they just sell you DLC with questionable prices) but nothing like "new vault hunter coming this season! Be sure to play as grind them out for max ranks and earn in game currency to buy cosmetics and emotes and don't forget that SEASON PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If they don't go that route I think sales will probably be fine but probably not as good as 3's. They have sort of oversaturated themselves like you were saying. I hope the gameplay doesn't embrace games as service, but it is pretty sad knowing the story will suck without even seeing a single speck of what it will even be about because the narrative team has shown that they have and never will change.

Oh yeah, it's pretty obvious they're teasing BL4. The story of BL3 sucked, but the gameplay carried that game. It sold well, but you can

• I don't know man, the gameplay is ultimately what makes these games successful; sure, that's true for every game, but I think for looter-shooters and its ilk it is especially salient.

I kind of think Poogers is onto something when he notes that there's potential for games as a live service. BL4 can be awful but if it is a mechanically engaging and fun gameplay experience it should probably be successful.

Oh yeah, it's pretty obvious they're teasing BL4. The story of BL3 sucked, but the gameplay carried that game. It sold well, but you can

• Yeah I doubt a bad story will really do anything sales wise. There is a reason why nobody showed up for New Tales because everyone knew it was Gearbox writing without the gameplay, so it seems everyone knew it would be a stinker. I don't think BL4 will do as well as BL3 even if the gameplay is good, but I think going live service would be the only way for it to not sell well and be a bomb.

The main reason why I think live service will probably be in BL4 is just overall timing plus trends. Seems like a series primed to become live service from execs. So I really hope they don't because imagine a Borderlands game with terrible writing and terrible gameplay!

I don't know man, the gameplay is ultimately what makes these games successful; sure, that's true for every game, but I think for looter-sho

• Every future game with live-service attached to it is immediately DOA for me. This genre did more damage than good and should never be a mainstream thing ever again.

• If Wolf 2 does come out eventually, do you guys hope for the same VAs from Season 1? I like Bigbys VA but honestly I haved mixed feelings about bringing the rest of TWDG VAs to go back to voicing some characters, since most of Wolf S1 VAs were carryovers from TWDG S1. For example, I like Erin Yvette as a VA, but it's really obvious her voice is the same from other characters she's voiced who have different personalities (Sasha, Vicki Vale, Molly, so on). Not to mention some VAs like Beast's VA (AKA Kenny's VA) were voicing more then 1 character. For me I'm not a fan of it because the tone of voice from Kenny's VA was the same between Beast and Mirror. Some VAs did do very good though imo like Dave Fennoy as Bluebeard, and Melissa Hutchison as Beauty (crazy as it is I do prefer and liked her voicing Beauty more then Clementine). Same with Gren's VA who also voiced Carlos from TWDG S2 and that one guy from 400 days (forgot his name lol).

Either way, I am curious if most of the Season 1 Wolf cast will even be available, of course because it's been over 10 years since release, then the factor of VAs moving to work on other projects.

• I would be really shocked if the people who were Telltale's regular voice cast didn't return but their characters did. It seems even Flycatcher and even Jack's voice actors are returning (can't remember what confirmed Jack, but Flycatcher's actor was tweeting about Wolf 2) I think Holly might be the only one who may not come back as she was apparently not really an actor or involved in anything else at all, although I'm sure they can still contact her. But that said, as much as I would really like Holly and Gren to return, I think they may not seeing how the Wolf 2 event showed off a new bar instead of the Trip Trap.

The only voice I kind of hope they do change is Beauty. (kind of ironic that you say you liked it lol) I don't think they need to recast Melissa but I hope they change her direction a bit because I think the voice is a bit off, but in general her character feels really different than in the comics where she is far more "I am better than you" which isn't really there in the game. But this may be more of a I feel like the character isn't quiet right than the actual performance.

But I do think every returning character will have the actor return as well and I would like that. Like imagine Bluebeard without Dave, wouldn't feel right.

Menofthe214 posted: »

If Wolf 2 does come out eventually, do you guys hope for the same VAs from Season 1? I like Bigbys VA but honestly I haved mixed feelings ab

• Josh Keaton has returned to voice Peter Parker in a fan animated Spectacular Spider-Man short based on the wonderful comic, Spider-Man: Blue!

Spider-Man: Blue was a comic that delved into Peter and Gwen's relationship and I would highly recommend it. Very bittersweet and one of the best standalone Spider-Man comics around.

• edited February 16

Initial reviews and reactions of live action Avatar are starting to come in. For the most part, they seem very positive and, for the most part, capture the tone and feel of the original show. However, as expected, there are some changes. One person posted a few of them on Reddit.

Seeing the air nomad genocide, I can be down for. I like the more subtle, visual storytelling of it in the original, leaving it to people's imagination to think about how it went down, but I do like the idea of being able to actually witness it, to see how the Fire Nation attacked the Air Nomads and their brutality.

Others, however, I'm feeling a massive yikes on. Sokka's lack of sexism has already been complained about, but now it seems as though they're just doing away with his whole character arc by making him a competent leader from the start. Zuko and Katara not having their tempers allegedly is also a pretty big part of each of their characters, Zuko's being used to emphasize his inner conflict and act as a comparison between how he started and what he became, while Katara's was a real and relatable flaw with who she was. She was compassionate and selfless, but you could only push her so far, and she was willing to use that temper to stand up against injustices and wrongs. Not to mention the fact that they're supposedly changing Aang's reason for being frozen. Makes it sound like he didn't run away out of fear of his responsibilities and duties, you know, the central part of his entire character.

• How I be sleeping tonight knowing tomorrow on glorious F17 we will get that sweet Wolf 2 news

• It really feels like the showrunners of this saw these characteristics as a blemish against the original show rather than purposeful flaws that the characters are meant to overcome.

Initial reviews and reactions of live action Avatar are starting to come in. For the most part, they seem very positive and, for the most pa

Sign in to comment in this discussion.