IGN VOTE UPDATE: TALES FROM THE BORDERLANDS WON!

13»

Comments

• Incoming generalization, like "hehe all LiS fans are like that".

Navoc posted: »

I'm assuming you're the "MetallicaRules" who commented over at IGN as well...? Because if so, I kinda took over from you "discussing" wit

• edited January 2016

You would assume correct. Yeah I gave up on trying to talk to that person because it just wasn't going anywhere.

EDIT: Just read through that whole thing, hilarious, that guy is a dumbass.

I'm assuming you're the "MetallicaRules" who commented over at IGN as well...? Because if so, I kinda took over from you "discussing" wit

• edited January 2016

Incoming generalization, like "hehe all LiS fans are like that".

You definitely won't hear that from me though. But this specific guy... The funny thing is, I'd even state that I enjoyed LiS (just not as much as TftB), but at this rate we're probably never even gonna touch the subject of the game itself. :D

armis37 posted: »

Incoming generalization, like "hehe all LiS fans are like that".

• Yeah, it's definitely safe to assume by now that his argument with me won't go anywhere either, but I can't keep myself from replying out of curiosity... And who knows, maybe at some point I'll publish a book just made of this ever-expanding, never-progressing discussion.

I'm guessing some IGN moderator will put an end to the fun before that, though. :)

You would assume correct. Yeah I gave up on trying to talk to that person because it just wasn't going anywhere. EDIT: Just read through that whole thing, hilarious, that guy is a dumbass.

• I wasn't expecting a generalization from you, but nice to hear the confirmation that you truly won't be doing it :)

Yeah, maybe he's just a troll. Or just really stupid :)

Incoming generalization, like "hehe all LiS fans are like that". You definitely won't hear that from me though. But this specific gu

• LIS also wasn't rated so highly in each episode but is #7 in Polygon's game of the year list. Also, made Destructoids game of the year nominations.

Also, Cibele wasn't well received and got a nomination. Game of Thrones wasn't well received at all and got some nominations. LIS has won from my last count well over 50+ awards(Square's blog says 75 GOTY awards so far).

Hell, Tales pretty much won by default because LIS wasn't included. I can almost guarantee you that LIS would have won if it was included.

Not saying that Tales doesn't deserve it but when talking about fanbase...LIS has the bigger one and not being included just shifted everyone to whatever was up there to pick. Hell, I picked Tales simply because I knew choosing other wouldn't do anything(they don't look at other).

Also, over at IGN I originally wanted to state that while I don't agree LiS should have won, I thought it should have at least been among th

• I think the win will always be shadowed with "They only got it because LIS wasn't nominated".

Which is a funny thing to say but I do think between best adventures. Those two would be at the forefront with Until Dawn coming in at third. I don't think Until Dawn was nominated either correct?

So two of the biggest game in their genre wasn't nominated. Wish Tales didn't have that "by default" opinion that most of us have of it. Though, when you look at it not having the the two big titles that took over Youtube, Twitch, and Tumblr(OMGlol)....plus are critically acclaimed in their own regard. It is kinda hard to just go "Tales WON!" when those two weren't even nominated to compete against.

• edited January 2016

I'm specifically talking about IGN's choice not to nominate Life is Strange. I don't care if other sites nominated it or gave it game of the year awards, because its irrelevant. This just means that those sites like Polygon liked the game more than Ign.

LIS has won from my last count well over 50+ awards(Square's blog says 75 GOTY awards so far).

Thats good to hear, but I don't see how thats relevant to what I was talking about in my previous post.

LIS also wasn't rated so highly in each episode but is #7 in Polygon's game of the year list. Also, made Destructoids game of the year nomin

• edited January 2016

Okay guys.... I think this needs to stick to a "Congratulations to Tales for winning!" Thread. Instead of bashing LiS.

• Now he actually started to speak for the LiS fanbase as a whole, so I kinda felt the need to pull the plug on this whole thing. Pretty sure some people wouldn't exactly be stoked about him being their spokesperson. :D

armis37 posted: »

I wasn't expecting a generalization from you, but nice to hear the confirmation that you truly won't be doing it Yeah, maybe he's just a troll. Or just really stupid

• I actually checked again earlier today to see if it got any better...it didn't.

Now he actually started to speak for the LiS fanbase as a whole, so I kinda felt the need to pull the plug on this whole thing. Pretty sure some people wouldn't exactly be stoked about him being their spokesperson.

• The point I'm trying to make and reply to is that "LIS wasn't well received"

GoT wasn't well received but guess what...IT GOT NOMINATED. Cibele wasn't well received over various sites and doesn't even have a review on IGN. Yet, it got a nominee and Until Dawn which was rated pretty good on IGN didn't get some noms.

All I'm saying is that the selection process doesn't make sense and your reasoning doesn't make sense. You can't say they didn't pick LIS because it wasn't scored good. When you have various other games make the cut that wasn't scored good. You can't have a reader's choice poll and not include the games that where huge in those categories. Until Dawn and LIS were huge for Youtube/Twitch upon initial releases.

It just seemed like they snubbed some games for others...hell Until Dawn wasn't even in for best PS4 game of the year...it was a fucking PS4 exclusive lol.

I'm specifically talking about IGN's choice not to nominate Life is Strange. I don't care if other sites nominated it or gave it game of the

• All I'm saying is that the selection process doesn't make sense and your reasoning doesn't make sense. You can't say they didn't pick LIS because it wasn't scored good.

First off I'm not considering just the score alone, but the actual review ( something a lot of gamers don't really take into consideration, only placing their focus on the score alone.) for IGN and only at IGN and was only speaking for LiS alone. Compared to the other games that were nominated for best adventure, it was not as well received compared to those other games that were nominated. Game of Thrones got better reviews at IGN than Lis. Tales got better reviews, Broken Age Act II got a better review, and etc, so they got nominated instead of LiS.

The point I'm trying to make and reply to is that "LIS wasn't well received" GoT wasn't well received but guess what...IT GOT NOMINATED.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.