Rhyiona roleplay, Ep.2

Starring:

1. Gortys @JohnSmith_13
  2. Handsome Jack @SirScrubbington
  3. Fiona @GrowlingPeanut
  4. Rhys @GaredAndBacon
  5. Yvette @JumpyJoey
  6. August @Kennybadger
  7. Escape pod AI system (aka ELPIS - escape large pod intellectual system) @Mawula
  8. Sasha @xtheunseenteenx
  9. Hyperion accountant, girl, HJ fan @Daryace

Some updates about game mechanics:

1. You all (except Jack) have 4 characteristics: shooter (yes/no), coder (yes/no), can connect to the network (yes/no), and a strength value. You can use it for fulfilling the tasks that will arise.

2. To use ELPIS menu (once accessible) and interact with pod systems please use bold. For other actions, use italic (you won't probably need it due to reaction pics). Simple text for speech.

3. If the task goes "need x shooters", you need x people who can shoot post shoot action mentioning the object of shooting. Okay?

4. If a character is injured (when I say it), they can only talk, and do not count in team tasks. If your info says you "care about someone's safety", consider it your side task to keep them uninjured.

5. As always, do not rush, discuss the options, or it may soon become too late to reconsider.

I'm sending you your parts, ask your questions if you need.

Comments

• edited December 2015

"Noone goes in or out!" Every hologram of Handsome Jack announces in a booming voice. "I will find you, Rhys. Anyone who reports his location will get a promotion or will not be killed, whatever interests you more." Jack adds in a more casual tone. "And, my deep condolences to any space ship arriving to Helios - we are closed, please return never". He roars the last word, then laughs loudly.

Rhys, Fiona, Sasha, Yvette, and Gortys stop in their run upon hearing these words.

"He can't." Fiona breathes heavily.

"Oh, he can." Rhys replies gloomily. "He owns this station now."

Sasha glares at him. "Yeah, don't get me started on how you allowed it to happen."

Rhys only sighs. After battling Jack he has no desire for more arguing. Gortys hugs him sympathetically.

"Rhys," Yvette exclaims suddenly, "we need to get to the main core. We can reprogram the hangar controlling system."

Rhys smiles. She was always the levelheaded one. "Let's go!"

"Yes!" Gortys raises her small fist in the air. "We are gonna win, Jim!"

"Not so fast."

They all turn to the Hangar door to see August with his mercs.

"The ship's locked. The turrets are shooting. We are not staying there." August declares, and his argument is his gun, ready to fire. "Also we've killed enough guards to get on the black list of that bluish bastard."

"We are going with ya." Kroger adds.

"Whatever, just move it, we have little time!" Fiona summarizes, and they follow Rhys and Yvette to the main core.

They run for their life, evading turrets, cutting through the packs of Hyperion guards. In the middle of one hard battle Fiona and Sasha use Vallory's mercs as live shields, which ends bad for those guys. Sasha grabs Finch's gun before they left the corpses behind.

And when they arrive to the main core, Jack is waiting them, multiple faces watching them from the walls. August and Fiona shoot two more guards, earning the indignant yell from the AI.

Then a Hyperion employee runs into the chamber. Seeing the armed group, she lifts her arms in the air.

"What are you doing?! Do not hurt him!" The Hyperion girl yells, pointing at one of Jacks.

"Actually, that is not our main goal..." Yvette states cautiously. She is not at all happy with all the bloody mess.

As he has had his ideals shattered, Rhys can't agree with Yvette fully. But it is not a good time to argue.

The Hyperion girl clasps her hands in front of her. "I knew you were not going to kill Handsome Jack! I know you, Rhys! You are a fan too!"

"Was." Fiona corrects her sternly. "Right?" She glares at Rhys. Sasha reloads the gun casually.

"Right." Rhys breathes, trying to ignore loud "Oh, come on!" from Jack.

"I say, fire!" August commands, and all weapons are aimed at the core. Hyperion girl gasps in terror.

"Wait, wait..." Gortys tries to stop them, but the gun sounds are already too loud. Yvette crouches down and hug the little girl, and they both wait for what comes next. Hyperion girl is killed in action.

"Warning! Warning! Main core critical damage! Evacuation in process. Evacuation in process." A female voice announces. It stops them all. The room could be "the widest eyes" contest judging by the look on their faces. And the winner is Handsome Jack.

"Shit." He says. "ELPIS." He runs a hand over his face.

The chamber dissociates from the Helios station and starts floating away into open space.

"The engines!" Jack yells. "Turn on the fucking engines, ELPIS!"

"I'm not able to reach the systems. Manual activation needed. After 2 hours and 30 minutes the return to Pandora will become impossible." The voice from before replies calmly. "Also, nice to hear from you again, sir. Fancy meeting you here." The voice adds in a mocking tone, despite the polite words. Jack only frowns in irritation.

Others listen to this dialogue but understand nothing.

"Tell us what must be done." Fiona voices their shared silent question.

You look around. There is a metal cabinet with the letters "Total reboot", the armed glass cabinet with the letters "ELPIS reboot", and a terminal with a keyboard.

You can use those three objects.

[Open metal cabinet] - requires 5 strength units

[Break glass cabinet] - requires 3 shooters

[Use terminal to hack the controls] - requires 2 coders

• Looks like they can't reach the main core still :D

Heyoheyo

• Mawula posted: »

Looks like they can't reach the main core still

• @Mawula I don't think I can play, sorry

Yes I'm getting impatient @Eryka, @GrowlingPeanut, @GaredAndBacon, @JumpyJoey, @Kennybadger, @xtheunseenteenx, @Daryace

• So eager to leave Helios? I thought you liked it there.

Yes I'm getting impatient @Eryka, @GrowlingPeanut, @GaredAndBacon, @JumpyJoey, @Kennybadger, @xtheunseenteenx, @Daryace

• Sigh okay.

Eryka posted: »

@Mawula I don't think I can play, sorry

• Whoa hell I thought this was starting much later, I'm here! I've been messing around with Blender :P

• Actually one hour still remains :)

JumpyJoey posted: »

Whoa hell I thought this was starting much later, I'm here! I've been messing around with Blender :P

• I don't want to play... Maybe next time.

Mawula posted: »

Sigh okay.

• Oh, oh thank god. I said I was gonna be available but then I got interested in this cup-making tutorial and I've been working on it for five hours :D

Actually one hour still remains

• Okay.

It'd be better if you said that yesterday, but don't worry, we're cool.

I don't want to play... Maybe next time.

• edited December 2015

I just got up relax, man. :) .......NOW FOR COFFEE LOTS OF COFFEE and some food

• I just woke up and I'm so tired. Again, I'm sorry.

Okay. It'd be better if you said that yesterday, but don't worry, we're cool.

• Please don't be, you did nothing wrong. It is not a duty, but a thing for fun after all :)

I just woke up and I'm so tired. Again, I'm sorry.

• edited December 2015

Nvm, I am a panicker :)

• Coffee is Love Coffee is Life

Kennybadger posted: »

I just got up relax, man. .......NOW FOR COFFEE LOTS OF COFFEE and some food

• Okay, I'm here (at least for the moment) and I have a few questions. How are we going to handle the comment nesting format? Should we all just make new comments, unless we're specifically replying--I don't know. Don't listen to me.

Whatever. it'll work. imgur is eating my photos and my mom's hovering, but i'm here.

• You just do as it goes. We'll manage, no spoilers this time.

Okay, I'm here (at least for the moment) and I have a few questions. How are we going to handle the comment nesting format? Should we all ju

• @GaredAndBacon, @xtheunseenteenx, @Daryace

Guys, please say something. Are you here?

• Dary isn't at home so she can't come.

@GaredAndBacon, @xtheunseenteenx, @Daryace Guys, please say something. Are you here?

• A pity. Okay, let's see what goes next.

Dary isn't at home so she can't come.

• You know we can postpone it until later... like...after the holidays?

A pity. Okay, let's see what goes next.

• That'll be after 15th of Jan then... Cause I'm having a vacation that big, lol.

You know we can postpone it until later... like...after the holidays?

• @GrowlingPeanut, @JumpyJoey, @Kennybadge, @SirScrubbington, @JohnSmith_13

I apologize, guys, but I really don't know what's happening. You decide, shall we wait more or not. I'm going with anything.

• I guess it won't continue, if you ask me.

@GrowlingPeanut, @JumpyJoey, @Kennybadge, @SirScrubbington, @JohnSmith_13 I apologize, guys, but I really don't know what's happening. You decide, shall we wait more or not. I'm going with anything.

• What do you mean "won't continue"? The wait, the play, what...?

I guess it won't continue, if you ask me.

• Well, um, we can't do it without Cara, right?

...give it a few more minutes?...

@GrowlingPeanut, @JumpyJoey, @Kennybadge, @SirScrubbington, @JohnSmith_13 I apologize, guys, but I really don't know what's happening. You decide, shall we wait more or not. I'm going with anything.

• I can give it all you want, my dear Joey :) but it is strange. People usually show up by this time.

JumpyJoey posted: »

Well, um, we can't do it without Cara, right? ...give it a few more minutes?...

• That's okay, honestly. Gives me time to get the rest of the non-Hyperion pictures up and finish some one-shots without rushing.

That'll be after 15th of Jan then... Cause I'm having a vacation that big, lol.

• I'll say wait, but at in 40 minutes my vote, will change, due to I'll have to be to work later tonight.

• It is strange, I don't know what to make of it :( It's not that late... then again it is.

I can give it all you want, my dear Joey but it is strange. People usually show up by this time.

• The play, there are so many people missing.

What do you mean "won't continue"? The wait, the play, what...?

• That I have to agree. I'm so sorry :(

The play, there are so many people missing.

• I might be able to make it later, you know I can stay up all night, but I don't know who else is on late at night besides you and Kenny.

• So sorry guys I'm so sorry I couldn't reply.

• I think I'm having a heart attack... Now if Gared comes here, I will probably die from overexcitement.

So sorry guys I'm so sorry I couldn't reply.

• edited December 2015

It's okay.

Pretty sure we're rescheduling it anyway. To maybe sometime after the holidays.

It's up to Maw.

So sorry guys I'm so sorry I couldn't reply.

• I think if Rhys (Gared) comes here, we can do it.

It's okay. Pretty sure we're rescheduling it anyway. To maybe sometime after the holidays. It's up to Maw.

• Relax darling, worst case, we do it at some later date.

I think I'm having a heart attack... Now if Gared comes here, I will probably die from overexcitement.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.