what games are you playing?

Comments

• I've been bouncing around the last week or so. Started up my NG+ in TLOU, also bouncing back and forth between saving up for a freighter in No Mans Sky and my 500 day run in The Long Dark. This will likely continue until I get my hands on Monster Hunter this week lol

• Oh cool!
    Yeah, I remember Ultimate Spider-Man being really awesome.
    It was the first mature rated game I played. I don't remember being terribly scared of Venom... I mean, watching Venom engulf an innocent bystander and "consume" their life force then spitting out their traumatized, shivering body was definitely disturbing... but I don't remember being too_ scared. But I found it fun to be able to "leap tall buildings in a single bound!" (Parappa the Rapper reference)
    But I was scared of the PS1 Rugrats game. Go figure. I was younger then though.

The best part I remember was the open-world. It was the first game of that type I played and I loved the freedom of exploring the city, especially as Spider-Man.
    Ya gotta admit, his super-powers are pretty neat. What I find interesting about Spider-Man's character is that he relies more on his agility and speed raher than raw power and muscles.

When I played it recently however, I was playing it for the story, and I felt it didn't explain events properly. It felt like it rushed through everything, skipping out important details.
    I was just reading an overview of the story on Wikipedia and the events makes more sense now.
    For example, (SPOILERS FOR BEGINNING OF GAME) the game doesn't explain that after the first battle in the beginning of the game with Peter and Venom, Peter actually thought Venom died when he was electrocuted by the live wires of the fallen power line! I didn't know that!

I wonder if the comics do a better job at telling the story...

And WHAT? I got the voice actor wrong for the upcoming PS4 game? Did they change that since the teaser trailer because I swear that was James Arnold Taylor! O.o

AChicken posted: »

Ultimate Spider-Man YEAAHHH!!! One of the greats! I have it for PC, somewhere. I know I tried to get it working a few months ago, b

• You alright, mate?

Yes, why? ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

• YEEESSSSS!!! Play all 3 of them, they are very good (it also gets better if you play them in order). I didn't play any mass effect game so I can't compare the trilogies, but I love The Witcher.

iFoRias posted: »

So i love the mass effect trilogy and i've heard of The witcher trilogy,i'm gonna play the first witcher game so we'll see.A lot of people like it apparently.

• Been playing Jack the Ripper AC DLC and Hollow Knight....and Dark Souls II, but that's not a game...it's Hell in pixels.

• Mass effect is very different from The witcher but maybe you should give it a try,i can't recommand Andromeda though but the first three games are amazing.

dunga posted: »

YEEESSSSS!!! Play all 3 of them, they are very good (it also gets better if you play them in order). I didn't play any mass effect game so I can't compare the trilogies, but I love The Witcher.

• Huh, interesting. I've also started playing LA Noire recently. I'm playing it on the Switch, because I've beaten a few games on there already (Odyssey and Breath of the Wild) and I wanted to try out something new and different.

I'm currently trying to get the hang of investigations - I can usually tell when they are lying, but I keep making the wrong call of when to go "Bad Cop" and when to full on "accuse".

Acheive250 posted: »

It took a while but I'm finding L.A. Noire quite interesting now. (Also getting better at the interrogations...) Once I finish it, I might start Uncharted: the Lost Legacy. Also bought Hidden Agenda but haven't played it yet.

• edited January 2018

You can't full on accuse without actual proof. Suspect when you either know they are lying without proof or are being shady(usually their eyes or mouth make weird gestures). The exception to that is emotions. That's where it gets confusing as they tell you to watch one thing, yet ding you for following it sometimes. I think it happens mostly with victims and witnesses. They will be understandably emotional and seem suspicious by the guidelines they have previously set. Both instances I specifically remember being frustrated with, were in the first half of the game. I think that's on purpose, just so we know that the job isn't always so black and white. No one is going to be perfect without hindsight in that game.

Currently playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice again. I keep taking long breaks(my gaming headphones aren't the most comfortable).

Beat the game. Great ending. My only real grievance was:

It may run a bit too closely to Dante's Inferno. The final paragraph was a bit odd too. Pretty odd sequel baiting if it goes there. It could have had her just walk off. I did really enjoy it, unlike a lot of people. It seems a lot of the internet took the ending literally too. I don't think she, herself, was Hela. I took it as her becoming the ruler of her own Hel. Dillion's quest was to save her from her darkness and the ending was her understanding where her darkness came from and what it is. She won the power over it, to not be afraid anymore. She accepted Dillion's fate and learned to let go, realizing that she had the power to control it. The voices will never leave, but they don't have to control you.

Huh, interesting. I've also started playing LA Noire recently. I'm playing it on the Switch, because I've beaten a few games on there alread

• Kinda ticked at Sony for this weekend, been a mess trying to get the squad together but Monster Hunter World has taken over my free time. Friend lent me his 3DS to catch up but I haven't really played much since my college days, Freedom was the last game I owned back in 06. We've been really having fun with this one though, spent the weekend bouncing around trying to get everyone to the same hunter rank lol

• I've got back into Elder Scrolls Online. I play solo and grinding out those last 5 levels(45-50) is the worst part. Now that I'm past that and on to CP points, it's fun again.

Apparently, the first two years of it's life were rough with glitches, stability issues and cheating. I missed all that and this is pretty fun. I like it and I love that you can play solo and that there's no voice chat.

Yay for loners.

• I'm playing Fallout 3 for some reasons i like it more than New Vegas,but New Vegas is really good too.

• edited February 2018

Right now I'm playing the the trilogy Mass effect. Befor that I played Andromeda, which wasn't THAT bad in my opinion. Well, atleast if you ignore the dead expressions of the faces... And I also didn't pay as much as other haters, 20€ instead of 60€, which makes the quality of the game acceptable for me. But It's definitely not worth 60€. If I paid so much money for It, I would be mad too.
    Anyway, I heard that the other Mass effect games were much better and I wanted to check it out. So I watched a couple of Lets Plays on Youtube and not long after that I started buying them.
    Besides that, I also got the game Zombi for free yesterday. I like it alot so far! It's nice to play an ordinary zombie apocalyse game again. Just kill the dead, collect stuff to survive,... It's pretty alike to Dead by Daylight, just without a real plot.
    Regulary I play Overwatch too.

• I wish i could erase my memory to replay the mass effect trilogy,you're lucky to play it with the dlc hope you enjoy them.

Right now I'm playing the the trilogy Mass effect. Befor that I played Andromeda, which wasn't THAT bad in my opinion. Well, atleast if you

• Just went back and started re-playing the whole Destiny 1 story. I've found an equal ratio of things I hate and things I really miss with the 2nd one. Great game... I don't know if most people on here would think so. From what I heard, a lot of people left shortly after release (because it was actually crap back then) and have been haters ever since, but has improved a LOT since release.

• I will try them too in the near future. :smile:

Mass effect is very different from The witcher but maybe you should give it a try,i can't recommand Andromeda though but the first three games are amazing.

• edited February 2018

Today I'm gonna finally finish the first season of Batman and start The Enemy Within, yeeey. :#
    EDIT: also playing Dark Souls 3.

• edited February 2018

So, since it was free and getting great reviews, I tried Doki Doki Literature Club.

A Japanese style Visual Novel, exactly what you think it is... for about 4 hours. Then the twist comes and holy @#$%ing shit!

Even though it's free, I can't really recommend it unless you are into the genre because, like I said, the twist comes 4 hours in. It's one of those things that tosses the genre upside down and I'll probably be glad that I played it(I haven't finished it yet). It's pretty @#$%ed.

Edit: BTW, I hate visual novels. I downloaded it solely due to the "rated __ for psychological horror". What?

• ive been playing L.A noire on the ps4 i had it on the ps3 but it would crash 3 out of 4 times because there was a crack on the disc i still mess up interrogations in this one though

• Don't worry, you're not alone. The interrogations are hard as hell.

ive been playing L.A noire on the ps4 i had it on the ps3 but it would crash 3 out of 4 times because there was a crack on the disc i still mess up interrogations in this one though

• Currently waiting for Kingdom Come: Deliverance to be released tomorrow. I backed the game years ago and so seem it looks like the only kickstarter game that I have backed that will live up to its promise.

I have backed three kickstarter game. One never got released (don't know what happened, mismanagement of budget, I think...), one was released but doesn't seem to be the game that was promised and Kingdom Come.

• i still mess up interrogations in this one though

You're not wrong. Those interrogations suck so hard, I could never tell if the suspects and witnesses were telling the truth or lying.

ive been playing L.A noire on the ps4 i had it on the ps3 but it would crash 3 out of 4 times because there was a crack on the disc i still mess up interrogations in this one though

• I've been playing a Smuggler on Star Wars The Old Republic then i realised the voice actor for Corso riggs sounded familiar..Turns out it's the same guy who voiced Tripp in A New Frontier.

• Been playing a lot of Dark Souls II and Bloodborne. I think I've gotten to a point where I know pretty much all of each game verbatim and can play them both with relative ease. I know every build set up, every secret, every strategy, etc. At this point playing is less like a challenge and more like a fun run through a good ass game.

I nabbed Dragon Ball FighterZ day one and what a god damn good game. It's definitely my favorite Dragon Ball game and probably my GOTY unless DS1R or Spider-Man PS4 really hit it out of the park. I used to be kinda meh on fighting games but FighterZ has definitely made me wanna play more.

Also I've been playing a few PS2 games here and there. Fun time really.

• I've been playing destiny 2 a lot I'm also very excited for the new games this year such as GOW, Sword Art Online Fatal bullet etc. Also I've been going between if I should buy Nier the sequel

• I used to be kinda meh on fighting games but FighterZ has definitely made me wanna play more.

Have you ever tried Injustice 2? That isn't just one of the best fighting games but also one of the best DC games ever made, you don't even need to be a fan of fighting games just to like that game. With all Fighter Packs released, they just made the game better.

Been playing a lot of Dark Souls II and Bloodborne. I think I've gotten to a point where I know pretty much all of each game verbatim and ca

• I was a bit iffy on the first Injustice and I've heard a bunch of mixed feelings about Injustice 2, but I have actually been wanting to give it a chance. I was thinking about playing Street Fighter 3 lately now that I'm more interested in fighting games but I may just check out Injustice 2.

AronDracula posted: »

I used to be kinda meh on fighting games but FighterZ has definitely made me wanna play more. Have you ever tried Injustice 2? That

• I dunno where you heard those mixed feelings but don't listen to them. Sure, the story is kind of short but it's easily the best story in the history of fighting games. I didn't even play Injustice 2 but it's soo fun to watch. They got the dialogues, the super moves and the clashes soo right.

I was a bit iffy on the first Injustice and I've heard a bunch of mixed feelings about Injustice 2, but I have actually been wanting to give

• Nice. I'm into Destiny as well (if my username hasn't already made that obvious, haha).

Sbs1280 posted: »

I've been playing destiny 2 a lot I'm also very excited for the new games this year such as GOW, Sword Art Online Fatal bullet etc. Also I've been going between if I should buy Nier the sequel

• I am into FIFA18 all day long.

• edited February 2018

Finished it. Took me a bit to realise I was supposed to actually delete a game file.

I was right. I'm glad I played it. Using a video game as a medium to tell a story, really worked for this. It deserved the praise it received. Video games can be art.

I just wish the first playthrough was only about 2 hours. This is really something I think people should experience... but going through 4 hours of a visual novel to get to the twist... Yikes. That's a hard sell.

If you read the spoiler filled plot summary on wikipedia, those first 3 sentences take up 3-4 hours. Yeah.

Johro posted: »

So, since it was free and getting great reviews, I tried Doki Doki Literature Club. A Japanese style Visual Novel, exactly what you think

• edited February 2018

I never played any Bioshock Games should i try ? I managed to avoid getting spoiled so i don't know anything about these games.I was also gonna play A Hat in Time.

• I've been recently playing a game called Dust: an Elysian Tail.

It's a metroidvania rpg, and it's my favorite game so far.

• edited February 2018

I enjoyed the Bioshock games the first one and infinite are my favorite. If you like games with mystery and some horror in it you should play Bioshock.

I never played any Bioshock Games should i try ? I managed to avoid getting spoiled so i don't know anything about these games.I was also gonna play A Hat in Time.

• Ok i guess i'll try thanks.

I enjoyed the Bioshock games the first one and infinite are my favorite. If you like games with mystery and some horror in it you should play Bioshock.

• Just to be clear the whole game does not try to be a horror game or a mystery game it just has those elements at times but it is really good game.

Ok i guess i'll try thanks.

• edited February 2018

I found Spider-Man/Peter Parker's voice in this game a little... annoying at times.

I just found out that the voice actor of Mac from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends does Peter Parker's voice in Ultimate Spider-Man... O_O

His name's Sean Marquette and depending on how long the game was in development for, he would've only been like 15/16/17 when he voice Peter!

I started playing BioShock a few months ago but I threw it out onto my driveway and smashed it with a monkey wrench as punishment for being

• edited February 2018

I just found out that the voice actor of Mac from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends does Peter Parker's voice... O_O

Are you for real? I love when I hear that popular voice actors played characters from games of our childhood.

Also, did you know that Nick Fury was played by Dave Fennoy (Lee Everett) in that game?

I found Spider-Man/Peter Parker's voice in this game a little... annoying at times. I just found out that the voice actor of Mac fro

• edited February 2018

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me! I didn't end up playing the game again long enough to hear his voice though... I can't remember what he sounded like when I played it as a kid, must've been like 10 years ago... That's pretty awesome though that he later voiced Lee. It's funny, back then I would have never expected myself to play something like The Walking Dead later on...

AronDracula posted: »

I just found out that the voice actor of Mac from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends does Peter Parker's voice... O_O Are you for r

• That's funny, I loved Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends when I was little, ( actually, I still really like it ).

I found Spider-Man/Peter Parker's voice in this game a little... annoying at times. I just found out that the voice actor of Mac fro

• Yeah, it was a fun and quirky show. :D

I was looking up old TV shows I used to watch when I came across that.

Kng0604 posted: »

That's funny, I loved Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends when I was little, ( actually, I still really like it ).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.