what games are you playing?

Comments

• So i wanted to play Bioshock, but i also wanted to try A Hat in time before and i'm glad i did.I love everything about that game seriously,i guess Bioshock will have to wait.

• Aw man but Bioshock was so good! Oh well I never tried a hat in time I guess I will have to give it a try sometime. :wink:

iFoRias posted: »

So i wanted to play Bioshock, but i also wanted to try A Hat in time before and i'm glad i did.I love everything about that game seriously,i guess Bioshock will have to wait.

• Don't worry i'll try Bioshock soon.

Aw man but Bioshock was so good! Oh well I never tried a hat in time I guess I will have to give it a try sometime.

• Yes, one of Cartoon Networks best.

Yeah, it was a fun and quirky show. I was looking up old TV shows I used to watch when I came across that.

• I just finished the first bioshock,what a great game i'm going to play the second one soon :smile:

• cool did you buy the collection or each game separately?

I just finished the first bioshock,what a great game i'm going to play the second one soon

• edited February 2018

My mom gave my PS4 controller back after finishing the exams in this month. I played Bloodborne and earned 2 trophies. I have 2 more trophies to go and I will earn the platinum.

• Congrats, it must be hard to win platinum in this game.
    I've been looking for new games to play so, could you tell me what is Bloodborne about? What do you need to do in this game?

AronDracula posted: »

My mom gave my PS4 controller back after finishing the exams in this month. I played Bloodborne and earned 2 trophies. I have 2 more trophies to go and I will earn the platinum.

• edited February 2018

It's a challenging Hack & Slash Action RPG made by FromSoftware, the same creators who made Dark Souls, the first best PS4 exclusive to be released. It's a spiritual successor to that game, it doesn't take place in the same universe but it sure does use a lot of similar gameplay mechanics. It's a really hard game, the hardest thing about it is playing it blindly, I had no knowledge about Dark Souls mechanics and took me 1 day to get used to the game.

You will encounter bosses that you have to learn their attacks to put them out of their misery, dying is like the best way not to make the same mistakes again. Bosses aren't the only ones who can kill you easily, almost everyone in that game can kill you easily and you can't trust nearly anyone. There are some trustworthy NPCs as well but you have to be careful who you trust.

The story doesn't actually answer all your questions, you have to listen carefully to NPCs, read letters and item descriptions to understand what is going on.

This game is also very scary, it scared me a lot more than any horror games of this generation except maybe Alien Isolation.

I would definitely recommend you this game but there is something you should always remember. BE PATIENT!!! Don't expect it to be any easy because it's hard, it's challenging and the enemy AI is very smart, it gets easier once you get used to it. If you can't handle the patience, then I wouldn't recommend it cause I don't want you to destroy your PS4 controller just cause this game.

MegaXD posted: »

Congrats, it must be hard to win platinum in this game. I've been looking for new games to play so, could you tell me what is Bloodborne about? What do you need to do in this game?

• i bought the collection

cool did you buy the collection or each game separately?

• Lucky! I bought the games separately for sixty dollars each when they first came out lol

i bought the collection

• I've played Dark Souls so I guess it will be easier for me. I'm not a patient person at all but I don't usually get angry at hard games because my PS4 would be destroyed by now (I mean, of course I'm fucking stressed out when I can't pass a level, but I know how to control myself) when I'm really stressed I think to myself "It's just a game, calm down" .
    Thanks for describing the game to me.

AronDracula posted: »

It's a challenging Hack & Slash Action RPG made by FromSoftware, the same creators who made Dark Souls, the first best PS4 exclusive to

• YES!

I never played any Bioshock Games should i try ? I managed to avoid getting spoiled so i don't know anything about these games.I was also gonna play A Hat in Time.

• Alright Backlog
    I beat WW2 Destiny 2 and SW Battlefront 2
    Now working on
    The legend of Zelda BOTW Mighty no 9 and bloodborn.

• Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet, while waiting for Batman episode 5

• Finished Dark Souls 3, now playing AC:Origins (finally) and Mafia 3.

• Fortnite Fortnite and Fortnite

• I've been on a big Smash Bros bender as of late, in hype for the eventual Switch version. I've even been playing as characters I normally don't play as much, like Mega Man or Robin.

• I just bought Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection and I'm gonna buy Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy after I complete the collection. My first time playing it. Can someone tell me how long each one takes to complete? Based on your playthrough. please don't tell me spoilers

• I'd say around 10-15 hours on first play through. Maybe longer if you like to explore (although there isn't as much exploring in 1-3 as there is in 4 and Lost Legacy)

MegaXD posted: »

I just bought Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection and I'm gonna buy Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy after I complete the collection. My first

• Injustice 2
    The Council
    A New Frontier

• Just playing SOMA. Got it from humblebundle a while back and I'm enjoying it way more than I expected.

• edited April 2018

Recently picked up Trackmania Turbo as part of the Playstation subscription. I like it.

Exhilarating speeds, crazy stunts (wall-rides, loop-the-loops, BIG jumps), all in the form of small matchbox-style cars. Great Arcade Racer.
    I really like the competition of the game. There's a whole International Racing feel to it, where you can race both against your own country and the world (There's over 2.8 million players around the globe, and with the points you get/progression you make in each course, you rise up.)
    The design of the tracks is amazing as well. Some races start you off being dropped vertically from a helicopter onto a ramp, the course can twist and turn and go underground, it's amazing. My favourite detail are all these crazy billboards and digital signs for fake products/movies ["Try Hard 2: Try Harder"], other gamemodes in solo or multiplayer, as well as ones who warn you of upcoming danger. The cool part is that many of them could be in different languages -- to go with the International theme -- but the warning is there. (Drift Here, ACHUNG!/CUIADO!, Cette course est recommandé pour le mode Hotseat - This course is recommended for the Hotseat Mode.)

There's also a huge Multiplayer mode, where you race against up to 100 other people and try to get the best time (you're all ghosts so you can't destroy anyone else), and there's a big track maker so you can make your own racing tracks. It's pretty robust, but I don't feel too creative to plan out a whole racetrack right now anyway. But if I know communities of Level Editors, some people can make incredible stuff. Can't wait to see what the community has made.

EDIT: Wow I love walls of text and giving out information. Just look at this!!

Edit2: Heh mistook 2.8 Million for 28 million

• Trackmania is by far one of the top three racing games out there right now.

AChicken posted: »

Recently picked up Trackmania Turbo as part of the Playstation subscription. I like it. Exhilarating speeds, crazy stunts (wall-rides, lo

• The Council

• Far Cry 5 right now and on-off the past month on my PS4. Just beaten Faith Seed, got just Jacob to take care of and some extra missions and then Joseph Seed and I should be done. As my fun proper Far Cry game (I previously played Primal, need to finish it) It really has quite a fun open world to explore and your partners have some fun dialogue. Sharky is definitely my favorite.

Also just pre-ordered Detroit: Become Human Digital Edition (with Heavy Rain HD for free) and Tacoma, both seem to have really engaging storylines and I liked the demo for Detroit. Was also considering pre ordering Vampyr but it's way too darn expensive right now for the sort of game it is, plus it's not as if I have a job for sustainable income at the moment, lol. I suspect that my Christmas list this year is going to be Spider-Man (hard as it will be to wait to play that), Red Dead Redemption 2 and possibly Jurassic World: Evolution.

• edited April 2018

I'm playing Fallout New Vegas !
    i haven't played it for a long time but i'm so glad i'm playing it again,i also modded the game..So yeah it's great.

• What's the name of the mountain with the Super Mutant broadcast? Do that early lol. I'm hitting the late game crash whenever I approach it. Still my favorite of the new Fallout games, NV is amazing even on my who knows how many playthroughs at this point. Amazing story, companions, and world.

On topic, as far as currently playing I'm dabbling in ESO, probably gonna grab the summerset dlc. In the middle of a KoTOR run right now, just started 2 again. Been over a decade since I went through them.

I'm playing Fallout New Vegas ! i haven't played it for a long time but i'm so glad i'm playing it again,i also modded the game..So yeah it's great.

• Here's the god damn deal,I'm about 70% cleared fc5 now but I just bought God of War today so I'm fucking confused how to play them smh.

• Nier: Automata
    Bloodbourne
    God of War (2018)

• edited May 2018

To hell with all the Destiny 2 hate, I can't wait to play the Warmind DLC on Tuesday! It already looks significantly better than the first DLC (which was an overhyped mess). I don't even care about what the Internet thinks anymore... the story looks insanely awesome and I'm hyped for Tuesday (not overhyped; with Bungie's recent track record it could still be a disappointment. I'm being optimistic though!)

• Not playing anything specific right now. Going between a few titles.
    Trackmania is still fun, I've got Fortnite BR satiating my multiplayer interests right now, a bit of No Man's Sky on the side since I only ever played it when it first came out.

I was at a garage sale this morning and for the low, low price of $2 I got KNACK 1 BAYBEE OH YEAH. So... That's what I'm getting into right now. $2 is a reasonable price.

• edited May 2018

-finishing up far cry 5 campaign

-currently trying to 100% kingdom hearts 2 final mix

-also playing splatoon 2 which has helped me kick my fortnite addiction to the curb

• Damn, that's a steal! Nice find.

AChicken posted: »

Not playing anything specific right now. Going between a few titles. Trackmania is still fun, I've got Fortnite BR satiating my multiplayer

• I've been playing some of the new God of War game and it's really good I love the combat in the game and the story is good as well.

• Pokemon Emerald. I was a Pokemon fanatic when I was younger, but drifted away from it before the third generation came out. It's pretty fun just like the early games.

• I honestly don't understand why so many people are disliking Destiny stuff on YouTube... sure, the game has been through some rough places and needs to be fixed in others, but why all the dislikes and hate? The trailer looks amazing IMO. I can't wait until tomorrow.

• I'm playing something called "Late Shift". Got the Xbox game pass, $1.00 for 1 month and it's on game pass. Real Time Video story where you make choices that changes the story line.

• I meant Full Motion Video, or FMV like a film.
    The closest equivalent to Late Shift would be latest adventures from Telltale Games which have become increasingly more like interactive picture books than games. But unlike in Telltale adventures where your real options to influence the story are superficial, choices in Late Shift have greater impact. Smaller choices lead to alternative shots and dialogue whereas more important courses of action result in whole new chapters and eventually in one of the seven different endings. The thing is, you won't initially know which choice is more important than the other until much later when you have witnessed the story through several times. Indeed, multiple play-throughs are encouraged, especially when the not-so-bad endings are quite tough to unravel.

• Backlogs and newbies.

• Restarted Knack, mostly for the difficulty. (only got to chapter 4 on Hard, which is maybe halfway through? a third?) I'm on Normal now.

It seems I had the wrong impression of the game at first. I started it on Hard, thinking that since it's a kids game Hard would still be pretty easy. No, it's not. You die in 1-2 hits (depending on your health/size), enemies' attack patterns are especially difficult, and bait you (one enemy attacks, leaving an opening. But, another enemy attacks during that opening, leaving you barely any room to strike.)
    Since you die so easily, you really need good angles on enemies, and usually, there are 2-3 enemies in a room to avoid. Usually, it's a mix of Melee+Ranged enemies. So, that's bad. The controls/animations are a bit unresponsive. Dodging is slow, short, and leaves you vulnerable for a half-second after it.

--I'm having a better time on Normal. Only died 6 times now, instead of 28 million for every checkpoint I passed :/. You die in 2-3 hits now. Much better to handle. Just blazing through it right now, trying to get back to where I left off.

• Yes, I have the Bioshock Collection now. I'm playing Bioshock 1. What can I say about it? It's good, but not so 'great'. The world design is great, there are shop names and locations, it's easy to see that this was once a town/world. The one thing I don't like is the lighting. It's much too dark and claustrophobic, and not the good kind [Alien: Isolation]. The gameplay is okay. Nothing special and I find the separation of plasmids and weapons is disappointing. I would rather be able to use both at once, instead of constantly switching. (also being only able to carry a few plasmids at a time, too, don't like that). The story? Eh, just crazy people overrun a civilisation thing again, it seems. ..I may also know the big twist of the game (c'mon, this game is over 10 years old, I'd have bound to hear something.) but I don't want to say it for fear of being right.

The worst thing is also this dreaded glitch. Sometimes, if you leave the pause screen on too long or you switch from Map to pause screen, the game freezes. Completely. Can't do anything but turn it off and on again. That's scary. The first (and only) time I encountered this was after beating my first boss: Dr. Steinman. I saved manually (since the autosaves only work when entering a new area from a loading screen), and paused the game to go do something else for a bit. I come back to find the game completely frozen, and forgetting if I saved or not. Luckily I did, but I dread that this may happen when I didn't later on.

--I'm only at Neptune's Bounty right now and considering the Bathysphere shows 8 locations, I don't think I'm too far yet. I find the game okay so far. The shooting and story are kind of meh so far. I've heard those who don't like Bioshock 1 might like Bioshock 2 better, the gameplay is more refined and the story is better paced.

• I bought Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice last night. Haven't played it yet, but I'm excited. Heard it was really good in the sound department, so I'll be sure to find headphones or something.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.