Nymeria's War (ongoing fanfiction)

Comments

• Ooh, that's a hard one. Sending him after both might be easily noticeable by others.

I'll say [Send him to Maester Mortin]

Also, that dream was some fantastic foreshadowing :D

Gwendis Gwendis looked into the eyes of the priestess, and there was something… magical about them. They shimmered in the darkness, makin

• [Send him to Maester Mortin]

That was some epic ride they had there, wonder to what exactly it will lead at the end.

Gwendis Gwendis looked into the eyes of the priestess, and there was something… magical about them. They shimmered in the darkness, makin

• I was a bit tired when I proofread this XD Several small errors had slipped in, but it should be fixed now if you want to read a smoother version^

• edited August 2016

[Send him to both]

I originally thought to only send him to Mortin, but then the thought came if the two are in her room together, Gwendis may gain even further knowledge from both of them, and while the two men argue more interesting things may be slipped. The boy is a servant so him walking around wouldn't raise too much attention, at least there isn't much difference between going to one or two rooms.

• edited August 2016

Theme songs are my suggestion, a motto in (()) are not official, also just my suggestions until WK designates them.

House Yronwood
    y
    Motto: We Guard the Way

House Dayne
    d
    Motto: ((Dawn Brings Light))

House Manwoody
    m
    Motto: ((Dead Set))

House Fowler
    f
    Motto: Let me Soar

House Blackmont
    b
    Motto: Rise Beyond

• Thanks for these! And I do like the mottos too :)

• edited August 2016

Oh! Except one thing will have to be changed :D The motto of House Blackmont is something we have been planning with Liquid. It will be either "We Conquer the Heavens" or "Rise Above", we haven't made the final decision yet.

• Ok, then Rise Beyond, sounds more 'vultureish' than the other one

Also,I suggest you mix up the list of Houses a bit, move Manwoody or Toland somewhere else, so two coat of arms of same color don't come after each other

Oh! Except one thing will have to be changed The motto of House Blackmont is something we have been planning with Liquid. It will be either "We Conquer the Heavens" or "Rise Above", we haven't made the final decision yet.

• Well, I leave it to Liquid, as he has created the main characters of that house, and he is making an H&L where he is going to use the words.

And yeah, I might mix the list up a bit.

joriandrake posted: »

Ok, then Rise Beyond, sounds more 'vultureish' than the other one Also,I suggest you mix up the list of Houses a bit, move Manwoody or Toland somewhere else, so two coat of arms of same color don't come after each other

• I wish GRRM would give the exact words for the Blackmonts, the vultures stealing a baby must have some real interesting motto

Well, I leave it to Liquid, as he has created the main characters of that house, and he is making an H&L where he is going to use the words. And yeah, I might mix the list up a bit.

• I just realized how MUCH the theme song fits, with crowning himself and all that

It's great! I always had a hard time picturing what would the ghost actually look like on the sigil, but that looks really nice.

• Haha, I thought that was the exact reason why you chose this song =) It definitely fits :)

I just realized how MUCH the theme song fits, with crowning himself and all that

• nah, I just liked the sound of it, I rarely take notice of English lyrics

Haha, I thought that was the exact reason why you chose this song It definitely fits

• [Send him to Maester Mortin] Gwendis already spoke to Braddock earlier and learned nothing of importance. Meanwhile, Mortin handles the letters that arrive at Blackmont or leave it, so he probably even knows more than Braddock. On top of that, he might be more willing to speak to her.

So, that went far better than I feared. It appears Aisha is not as bad as I thought, though I was at least right with her worshipping a death god. It's funny that I originally thought of her as a follower of R'hllor, considering that she is literally the opposite. I don't know how to feel about that. The Great Other is evil, at least that's what the Red Priests claim, though their morality is murky at the very best. At least Aisha is not a cold-blooded murderer, which is good enough for now. Still, while she does not seem to have harmful intentions for Gwendis, a follower of the Great Other should probably still not be trusted.

And, of course, I wish to speculate =)

She looked down and she saw her father, surrounded by snakes. Gwendis turned her eyes towards south and she saw her brother, shaking hands with the silver-haired king. She looked to east and saw a broken girl strangled by a skeleton. Further in the east she saw a dark knight bowing to a black sun, and as she looked even further she saw the bright sun of the east battling against the storm.

Clearly there is Benedict, manipulated by his sorcerers, Naemon and Vorian, Missy and Albin, Jamison and Lucifer, as well as Nymeria and her enemies. What worries me is that we see clear actions here. Naemon's meeting with Vorian is likely going well, but it seems Missy is in huge danger of getting physically attacked by Albin, which makes me afraid for her life. Jamison bowing to Lucifer meanwhile could mean many things, but it seems he will support him in the coming war against the Martells.

A ghost flew by her, blood draining from its mouth.

That should be House Toland, though the blood from the mouth part intrigues me. It might hint at Donovar Toland's death, or there could be more behind it, but for now I think it hints at his death in the war against House Martell.

In the middle of the hall stood six giants made of stone. They all reached for the skies, and all of them came crumbling down, one by one.

Clearly the six great kings of Dorne and their ultimate defeat at the hand of House Martell

Then Gwendis saw a warrior walking towards her, light shining behind it. The warrior raised its sword, and struck it down to Gwendis. And the world was dark again.

That one's worrying me. Did Gwendis foresee her own death at the hands of some knight? Or maybe it was something else, maybe she's going to be wounded by someone, or something else is going on entirely. The light shining behind him could hint at his identity. Typically, the first house I would connect to light would be House Dayne, especially the Sword of the Morning. Though the Dayne's are her family, so unless something really bad happens between them, I can't see any of them ever harming her. This means, there might be someone else who could be a danger to her, or I totally misinterpret things. There's also the chance that she only sees a possible future, though at least the part with the defeated kings is going to happen for sure.

• She looked down and she saw her father, surrounded by snakes.

These could be all kind of snakes, even Aisha, or even real, poisonous snakes someone tries to assassinate the King with.

She looked to east and saw a broken girl strangled by a skeleton

Is the girl whom you think it is? Is the skeleton a human or perhaps a personification of Death itself, maybe a disease? Or perhaps a Coat of Arms with a skeleton, or part of it?

Further in the east she saw a dark knight bowing to a black sun

Which Child of the Sun? :p

A ghost flew by her, blood draining from its mouth.

For me personally this reminds me of vampires, it doesn't have to mean that the blood is the ghost's own

Then Gwendis saw a warrior walking towards her, light shining behind it.

All praise the Light, for it cleanses the heretics, traitors and the darkness by fire & sword. His Divine Warriors are to receive glory, honor and power, for he created all things pure & bright, and the Firebearer shall bring hope to the faithful.

[Send him to Maester Mortin] Gwendis already spoke to Braddock earlier and learned nothing of importance. Meanwhile, Mortin handles the lett

• [Send him to Maestor Mortin]

Braddock might be harder to get in contact with due to who he is and his position on the council. Also, Gwendis could probably get more information out of one person than both because it would be less likely someone would here what is going on talking to one person than two. Also, there won't be any disagreements between Mortin and Braddock on what to tell her if only one is with her. Also, we need to know if Mortin knows if Benedict reviewed the marriage proposal from the Fowler's. Also, Wildlingking, you still have Trentan on the waiting to be introduced characters section and he isn't in the Blackmont section.

• Thanks for the heads up! I tend to forget editing the character lists :p

[Send him to Maestor Mortin] Braddock might be harder to get in contact with due to who he is and his position on the council. Also, Gwen

• edited August 2016

These could be all kind of snakes, even Aisha, or even real, poisonous snakes someone tries to assassinate the King with.

His sorcerers sound likely. They have been described as snakes in the story, if I'm not mistaken and I at least waste no opportunity to call them that way. Aisha might be another possibility, but I think it as unlikely, since Aisha doesn't seem to be fitting for a snake. As creepy as she is, she seems genuine, which is not a character trait commonly associated with snakes. In that case, another animal would have been more likely, something that is dangerous but not commonly associated with lies and deceit, which is not how I see Aisha at the moment.

Is the girl whom you think it is? Is the skeleton a human or perhaps a personification of Death itself, maybe a disease? Or perhaps a Coat of Arms with a skeleton, or part of it?

That one is clear to me. The broken girl must be Missy, because that is literally whom she is: A broken girl. The skeleton meanwhile, as I said, is probably Albin Manwoody, whose sigil is a skeleton. A disease is another possibility, but a less likely one, since Albin is the guy whom I would mainly associate with skeletons.

Which Child of the Sun? :p

Jamison, surely. While most of House Dayne are associated with light, he stands out by being associated with darkness and the black sun is clearly Lucifer Dryland for me.

For me personally this reminds me of vampires, it doesn't have to mean that the blood is the ghost's own

Nah, unlikely. I mean, it is a possibility, but if it is a vampire, then why does the blood come out of his mouth? A vampire drinks blood, but it doesn't come out of his mouth, because that is not what blood is supposed to do. The ghost also most likely hints at the Toland king, since it would be a bit odd to use something as specific as a ghost and not referring to the house whose sigil literally are ghosts. Perhaps he's going to get poisoned like Joffrey, or he receives the Karl Tanner treatment and gets a sword to the mouth.

All praise the Light, for it cleanses the heretics, traitors and the darkness by fire & sword. His Divine Warriors are to receive glory, honor and power, for he created all things pure & bright, and the Firebearer shall bring hope to the faithful.

So, are you implying the guy Gwendis sees is a Space Marine? In that case, there's nothing to fear, because there's no way Gwendis would be stupid enough to piss off a Space Marine. I'm still thinking that a Dayne knight is likely, though the light behind him could also mean a sun, which could hint at a warrior in service of House Martell.

• edited August 2016
    1. perhaps
    2. there are more than just one skeleton in the closet
    3. no
    4. Neither a ghost nor a vampire bleeds on its own, this must be symbolic for some victim not from the House
    5. you'll see

These could be all kind of snakes, even Aisha, or even real, poisonous snakes someone tries to assassinate the King with. His sorcer

• edited August 2016

[Send him to Maester Mortin] This part was excellent and certainly lived up to expectations! I am on my phone so I won't go too much into why I chose this but i believe that Maester Mortin would be more helpful than Braddock. Also, Gwendis' vision was intriguing and I am curious to see what their meanings are!

• [Send him to Maester Mortin]

• edited August 2016

Voting is closed!

Gwendis will send Trentan to Maester Mortin. And what this leads to we will see in the last part of Gwendis within Chapter 1. At least I'm planning it to be the last, we'll see.

And speaking of last parts, the next one will be the last part of Missy in this chapter. It's slightly shorter than usually, and it's almost ready. Just some finishing touches and it'll be ready - within 30 mins.

I could have finished the part already yesterday, but besides me playing hours and hours of No Man's Sky (with PS4) there were also problems with my laptop - it was running slow for some reason. Anyway, now everything seems to be fine, so look forward to the conclusion of Missy's Chapter 1 story.

Short recap: After Missy saving Shana Sand from the freaks with the help of Queen Sofina, Lord Alaric and Purple Ocelot, he was confronted by Ronny. Missy killed Ronny in her room. Later Larry suspected Missy for being behind Matt's death, Shana's escape and Ronny's disappearance. Missy escaped from Larry to her room, where King Albin was waiting for him. In the conversation with Albin Missy admitted killing Ronny, and truthfully told the whole story about saving Shana. Albin didn't seem that mad, he even decided to find a new and better room for Missy as a reward for managing to impress the King. Later, led by Tom, Missy arrived to the room. She walked in alone, and after noticing how lavishly decorated the room was, she spotted a large box on the desk. A man behind her commanded Missy to open it, and she did. What she found there was the severed head of the Purple Ocelot. With her knife Missy tried to attack this man in black robes, but he easily dodged her attack and pushed her to the ground. He told his name to be Zereth, and his message to Missy was to stay away from Sofina and Alaric. Zereth walked to the door, his back turned to Missy, but you voted for Missy to let him go.

• Update: Still problems, can't open files :/ They are on OneDrive though, so I'll just have to get to another PC at some point.... sigh

Voting is closed! Gwendis will send Trentan to Maester Mortin. And what this leads to we will see in the last part of Gwendis within Chap

• send file to me, I may be able to do something with it

Update: Still problems, can't open files They are on OneDrive though, so I'll just have to get to another PC at some point.... sigh

• So it looks like Chapter 1 is slowly nearing its end. I'm excited to see how it's gonna end.

And now onto the chapter where we'll mourn Ocelot's death.

Voting is closed! Gwendis will send Trentan to Maester Mortin. And what this leads to we will see in the last part of Gwendis within Chap

• It's not the file that's the problem, it opens just fine via OneDrive (tested it with phone), my laptop just doesn't open the folders.

send file to me, I may be able to do something with it

• This thread has reached 666 comments, please let me bring this thread back out of misfortune with the 667th comment.

• Missy

Missy clenched at her knife, but her legs didn’t move, and her hands were shaking. She felt tears running down her cheeks but she couldn’t do anything, she just watched as Zereth slowly started to open the door. Before the door was even fully opened, the assassin turned his eyes to look back at Missy.

“Not even going to try?” He asked with a subtle smirk. “Smart girl.” With these words the man in black robes stepped out of the room, shutting the door behind him. Missy let out a scream of rage, throwing her knife against the wall and falling on her knees. She punched the floor and screamed from the bottom of her lungs, not caring at all if someone would hear her. She let herself fall on her back, and tears kept welling on her eyes. I’ve been defeated, I’ve been broken.

Missy laid on the floor, staring at the ceiling, not moving an inch. She listened to her heart beat, as minutes went by, and then hours. Her tears dried, and nothing but an empty stare was left on her eyes, until she fell asleep.

Missy, she heard a whisper in the darkness. She didn’t care, she didn’t want to hear it, it wasn’t her name. Missy, the whisper called again, and she tried to cover her ears, but the voice came from inside her. You can’t run from me Missy; you can’t hide from me. Missy shook her head in the darkness, curling up like a scared child. I am part of you Missy, she now recognized the voice – it was the Great King Albin. I am your only king, I am your only god, I am your only love. Missy screamed to the darkness, but her voice disappeared before it left her mouth. Missy, the voice whispered again. “THAT IS NOT MY NAME!” She screamed, tears running down her face, but no answer came from the dark.

-

A loud knock on the door woke up Missy. She was lying in the dark room, only couple candles bringing light to it. She glanced at the window, noticing that sun had already set. Then her eyes traveled to the desk, seeing that the box where Purple Ocelot’s head had been had been taken away.

The door was knocked again, and now Missy stood up. With faltering steps she moved towards the door. As she opened the door she saw Albin behind it. Without saying a word the King stepped past her into the room.

“Do you like it?” He asked with cold tone. “The new room, I mean.” The King turned his eyes to Missy, who gulped, trying to regain her posture. “I like it.” She answered with monotone words, and the King let out a dry chuckle.

“You wouldn’t make a good whore, Missy.” Albin spoke with a sour expression on his face. “You’re poor at acting pleased.” The King looked around the room, walking to the desk and putting his hand on it.

“My friend was killed.” Missy spoke with hollow words, and Albin turned to look at her with a small grin on his face. “The Purple Ocelot was your friend?” His words were filled with amusement and mockery, which made Missy frown. “He helped me.” She said quietly, but the King shook his head.

“He helped no one.” Albin replied, the tone of his voice now grim and unforgiving. “And neither did you. You should have come to me, instead you ran to Sofina. And that bitch of course had her own stupid ways of solving the problem, as well as my good-for-nothing brother. It should have been Shana who got killed, not Matt.” The King now stepped closer to Missy. “And you should be thankful that I count this as my brother’s and wife’s fuck up, and not yours.” Missy clenched her teeth, resisting the urge of saying something disrespectful.

“I… I am thankful.” She finally said, raising her chin and looking her King straight to the eye. The King’s lips formed a smirk again, and he moved his hand to Missy’s face, stroking her cheek. Missy felt the coarse surface of Albin’s palm and fingers, sending shivers down her spine. “The past is the past.” The King said quietly, almost whispering. “We need to move forward in our lives, don’t you agree?” He asked, and Missy gave him a hesitant nod.

“Good girl.” Albin said, his grin getting wider. He grabbed Missy’s arm now, and lead her to the bed. “Sit down, Missy.” He spoke with a creepy tone, and Missy followed his order. The King sat down right next to Missy, placing his arm around her.

“Now, I need to know I can trust you, Missy.” The King spoke, bringing his face so close to Missy’s that she could feel his breath on her skin. Missy answered to him with a nod. “I need you, and you need me.” Albin whispered to her ear. Missy felt her heart pounding, she was powerless, completely at the mercy of Albin.

“What do you think, Missy?” The King asked with a twisted grin on his face, and Missy gulped before answering. “You are my one true King.” She spoke quietly, and the King moved his hand on her neck. “Really? And what do you think about the Queen? What does she mean to you?”

“She means nothing.” Missy answered quickly. “She is worth nothing to me.” Albin let out a small laugh for this. “Indeed, a useless bitch, that’s what she is.” He spoke calmly, tapping his fingers against Missy’s throat. “And what about my brother? Do you feel like he could help you?”

“No.” Missy said immediately. “Your brother means nothing to me, and I mean nothing to him.” The King nodded, and his eyes traveled through Missy’s body. “And from now on you promise to be loyal to me, right?” He asked, and Missy nodded. “You will find no one as loyal as me, Your Grace.” She said, and Albin chuckled.

“I sure hope so.” He spoke with underlying threat in his words. “But I have one more question for you, my dear Missy.” Missy looked at her King with submissive eyes. “Yes?” She asked shyly.

“Do you love me?” The King’s words were hollow, and the look on his eyes was emotionless.

[Say that you love him] [Stay quiet] [Say that you hate him]

• then give access to someone else, maybe Liquid, let it be opened and then copied for you

It's not the file that's the problem, it opens just fine via OneDrive (tested it with phone), my laptop just doesn't open the folders.

• Ugh, do I want that bastard to suffer and tell him I hate him. But that might get Missy killed, so [Say that you love him]

She could say all that but still work behind his back.

Missy Missy clenched at her knife, but her legs didn’t move, and her hands were shaking. She felt tears running down her cheeks but she c

• I opened and posted the part with another pc, no worries.

then give access to someone else, maybe Liquid, let it be opened and then copied for you

• edited August 2016

[Stay Quiet]

edit: changed to stay quiet, anything that has a better chance to win than to say she loves him

Missy Missy clenched at her knife, but her legs didn’t move, and her hands were shaking. She felt tears running down her cheeks but she c

• edited August 2016

edit: lol, my comment didn't make sense anymore after your edit XD

[Stay Quiet] edit: changed to stay quiet, anything that has a better chance to win than to say she loves him

• edited August 2016

edit: sup guys

[Stay Quiet] edit: changed to stay quiet, anything that has a better chance to win than to say she loves him

• [Say that you love him] Still catching up, but I had to read this part really quick. Awesome one =D

• it won't be my fault if he straggles her to death for being way too obvious about lying to the king

Stigz_52 posted: »

[Say that you love him] Still catching up, but I had to read this part really quick. Awesome one =D

• edited August 2016

edit: boopity bop bop

• [Stay quiet]

This sounds like a middle way between the other two options. I feel like Missy does not even think she loves Albin anymore and even if she does, there has to be a time where she stops thinking that way. If she continues to tell Albin she loves him, she will continue to think that way. And honestly, sooner or later Missy has to snap out of this brainwashing Albin has put her through. Outright telling him that she hates him might be too direct. I'm also afraid that if she doesn't love him anymore, which I fully believe by now, that he is going to spot her lying, because Albin has shown some wicked skills when it comes to spot a lie, at least with Missy.

• These choices look familiar. It seems like the first and last Missy parts, in the 1st chapter, have her in basically the same situation with a variety of the same choices. Although, some things have occurred since the first part that may have altered her opinion of Albin, I think she should.... [Say that you love him]

I don't think she necessarily hates him yet, but, even if she did, I don't think she would say it. The safest option for her right now would be to continue to confess her love.

• [Say that you love him]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.