Nymeria's War (ongoing fanfiction)

Comments

• Fuck, I wasn't expecting this to be such a brutal battle. Don't get me wrong, I had an idea of how bloody it would get but damn... this surpassed all that I had previously thought, especially in regards to Nealia. I just have to say that this was awesome, the entire battle was very immersive to me and I felt really tense in some parts there. Knowing that this is basically still the beginning of the great war, I can't even imagine what the battles going forward will bring. Damn, that scene where Fenn and Tryden were standing back to back surrounded by enemies was incredible, I could really picture the whole scene in my head, and I have to say that it was fucking badass. One thing I wasn't expecting was those three deaths though, especially the White Elephant's and Broden's. I think things are really grim for the White Elephant's crew though, their leader is dead and they're on a foreign land, hard to know what their next move will be... hell, hard to know if all of them will still stay together at all. Broden's death was the one that really hit me hard though, and I imagine its gonna be even worse to Tryden. He just lost Illor and in the very next battle, Broden, that is going to take its toll. Really didn't expect Broden to die here, especially since he was growing a lot on me lately, especially after those interactions with Fenn during Nealia's latest part. I have to admit that I'm really apprehensive when it comes to Nealia, abdominal stabbings are no joke but at least she didn't get impaled. Not only that, the fate of the Yu sisters is still up in the air and I don't like the sound of it one bit. I'm really looking forward to the next Godsgrace PoV, a lot of questions in need of answering after this battle... hopefully "good" answers at that.

Well, after such an amazing part I really gotta thank you, Wildling, for delivering it! It was great from start to finish and I'm really looking forward for the things to come! :)

Nymeria "The enemy forces will be here in a day," Princess Nymeria informed her council. Ibraim D'un with his desert tribe had returned f

• edited January 2018

Well, I was really excited to see this battle whenever it was going to happen and it is safe to say it didn't disappoint! First off in Nymeria's part, It definitely looks like Varyn was the one to thank for them winning this battle with him coming up with the strategy he did. Without his idea, the Dryland soldiers would have crossed the bridge with ease and just had to worry about getting inside Godsgrace and with their numbers, they probably could have which would have caused some serious havoc! I also really enjoyed the parlay scene and it really showed the contrast in how Nymeria is perceived by the people that follow her compared to the people that don't. Admittedly, while Nymeria's goals are obviously best for Dorne in the long run, I would be lying if I didn't say I sided with Harbert, Jorvian and Mizro at least a little bit in that parlay :D

As far as the battle goes, I'm not surprised the Fallen Dragons couldn't make it in time since the Dryland army was closer than them to Godsgrace which makes me especially curious to if the retreating Dryland army will run into the Fallen Dragons on their way back to Hellgate Hall or wherever they are going since I could see the Fallen Dragons finishing them off which would obviously hurt Lucifer's chances immensely. Also, Nymeria did win and I'm really curious about what her next move is here. While they did win this battle and kill most of the Dryland armies, they still need to take down Lucifer himself who is at Hellgate Hall so safe to say I'm hyped to see how that'll be done since Hellgate Hall is a long march away and I can't see them actually having the power or time to besiege it considering how harsh the weather is at Hellgate Hall. So maybe the surviving commanders or even Lucifer himself does something crazy and gathers what's left of his army and tries to battle the Martell's in open field again where House Dryland falls for good or maybe Lucifer's taken down from the inside? There are so many possibilities here which is great for Nymeria and horrible for Lucifer Dryland :D

Now for Nealia's part... ah man while I figured things wouldn't be as simple as Nealia fighting this battle getting out unscathed and maybe leaving for Starfall soon after, I didn't expect this. Nealia is in very bad shape here with her only hope being that someone is able to see she's still alive and get her back to full health and with her wounds, she might already be too far gone. If she survives though, I can't help but wonder if she will stay with the Martell's for good? I can't see Nealia fighting against her family but if Nymeria or someone affiliated with her saves Nealia from death, then anything could be possible. I am also surprised to see that the White Elephant was killed here but I also see this giving his followers more of a spotlight and we will see if they just go to the Rose Company, follow someone else entirely or maybe go out on their own. Another thing I've thought about is just how this battle will affect the Rose Company? They aren't real big to begin with and have faced serious casulties in two large battles in a short period of time which can only hurt them. I believe if anyone can keep the company together it's Tryden but the Rose Company is definitely in pretty bad shape. One good thing that happened for Nealia though is that it looks like Lien and Ying made it out alive which is awesome but now we will have to see if Nealia herself will recover. I think she'll make it but I'm definitely not going to get excited just yet. Overall though, these were both two very awesome parts and I'd say getting to say the aftermath of this battle will be really awesome as well!

Ah, I'm glad you enjoyed it! =) I had a blast planning and then writing this battle, especially since it was quite different from what we've had so far in NW. I would say it was definitely the most brutal battle of the story so far, and will probably remain that at least until later parts of Book 2.

Well Wildling, when I read this I got hyped since I imagine this will be the battle between the Dayne's and Martell's which is pretty epic but I am also very worried at the same time :D

Nymeria "The enemy forces will be here in a day," Princess Nymeria informed her council. Ibraim D'un with his desert tribe had returned f

• Fuck, I wasn't expecting this to be such a brutal battle. Don't get me wrong, I had an idea of how bloody it would get but damn... this surpassed all that I had previously thought, especially in regards to Nealia. I just have to say that this was awesome, the entire battle was very immersive to me and I felt really tense in some parts there. Knowing that this is basically still the beginning of the great war, I can't even imagine what the battles going forward will bring. Damn, that scene where Fenn and Tryden were standing back to back surrounded by enemies was incredible, I could really picture the whole scene in my head, and I have to say that it was fucking badass.

This is awesome to hear! =) It was indeed a very brutal battle, as it had to be since it basically was the catalyst for how the rest of the Martell-Dryland war will pan out. There are many great battles ahead in the story, but I do think the Battle of Godsgrace Bridge will remain among at least top 5 of the most brutal battles in NW to the very end. And yeah, Tryden and Fenn may have their differences, but on the battlefield they have each other's back. I'm glad you liked that scenes, and the battle in general :)

One thing I wasn't expecting was those three deaths though, especially the White Elephant's and Broden's. I think things are really grim for the White Elephant's crew though, their leader is dead and they're on a foreign land, hard to know what their next move will be... hell, hard to know if all of them will still stay together at all. Broden's death was the one that really hit me hard though, and I imagine its gonna be even worse to Tryden. He just lost Illor and in the very next battle, Broden, that is going to take its toll. Really didn't expect Broden to die here, especially since he was growing a lot on me lately, especially after those interactions with Fenn during Nealia's latest part. I have to admit that I'm really apprehensive when it comes to Nealia, abdominal stabbings are no joke but at least she didn't get impaled. Not only that, the fate of the Yu sisters is still up in the air and I don't like the sound of it one bit. I'm really looking forward to the next Godsgrace PoV, a lot of questions in need of answering after this battle... hopefully "good" answers at that.

Yes, every great battle has its losses, and I can reveal there are other named characters as well that died in this battle, whom will be revealed in the parts concentrating on the aftermath. You're right about the White Elephant's crew, they are now without a leader on a foreign land, which means they will probably either have to leave or find someone else to follow. It is pretty likely that they won't stay together after this. And yeah, Broden is the hardest one for myself as well. I mean, he was never a very big character, but he has been there from the beginning, and I have always enjoyed writing his interactions with Tryden and Nealia. His death will also be what affects Tryden the most here, which we'll surely see in the coming parts. And of course, we will also learn what is the state of Nealia and the Yu sisters.

Fuck, I wasn't expecting this to be such a brutal battle. Don't get me wrong, I had an idea of how bloody it would get but damn... this surp

• Well, I was really excited to see this battle whenever it was going to happen and it is safe to say it didn't disappoint! First off in Nymeria's part, It definitely looks like Varyn was the one to thank for them winning this battle with him coming up with the strategy he did. Without his idea, the Dryland soldiers would have crossed the bridge with ease and just had to worry about getting inside Godsgrace and with their numbers, they probably could have which would have caused some serious havoc! I also really enjoyed the parlay scene and it really showed the contrast in how Nymeria is perceived by the people that follow her compared to the people that don't. Admittedly, while Nymeria's goals are obviously best for Dorne in the long run, I would be lying if I didn't say I sided with Harbert, Jorvian and Mizro at least a little bit in that parlay :D

I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed it! =) Indeed, Varyn is largely to thank for this victory, him being the one who planned the defense, which safe to say worked pretty well. Of course, it didn't come without losses, but a battle on the streets could've potentially been even more bloody. And yeah, Nymeria is a conqueror, and it is quite understandable that much of the Dornish nobility is quite resentful towards a foreign princess conquering the land they have held for countless of generations. There will be many times in this story where I expect the readers to at the very least feel conflicted, or outright side with Nymeria's enemies. I imagine there will several of such moments for you in the next book :p

As far as the battle goes, I'm not surprised the Fallen Dragons couldn't make it in time since the Dryland army was closer than them to Godsgrace which makes me especially curious to if the retreating Dryland army will run into the Fallen Dragons on their way back to Hellgate Hall or wherever they are going since I could see the Fallen Dragons finishing them off which would obviously hurt Lucifer's chances immensely. Also, Nymeria did win and I'm really curious about what her next move is here. While they did win this battle and kill most of the Dryland armies, they still need to take down Lucifer himself who is at Hellgate Hall so safe to say I'm hyped to see how that'll be done since Hellgate Hall is a long march away and I can't see them actually having the power or time to besiege it considering how harsh the weather is at Hellgate Hall. So maybe the surviving commanders or even Lucifer himself does something crazy and gathers what's left of his army and tries to battle the Martell's in open field again where House Dryland falls for good or maybe Lucifer's taken down from the inside? There are so many possibilities here which is great for Nymeria and horrible for Lucifer Dryland :D

Had the Fallen Dragons been there, it would've been a much easier victory for the Martell's. I also wanted to avoid the cliche "cavalry arrives to save the day", especially since I already did that in the Battle of Wide Way =) But yeah, Lucifer's main force has been defeated here, but some managed to retreat, and he can still gather some more forces from Brimstone. Probably not really enough to face the Martell's and the Fallen Dragons on an open field, but as you said, Hellgate Hall is a hard place to besiege. Anyway, we'll see how this goes as we approach the end of Book 1 ;)

Now for Nealia's part... ah man while I figured things wouldn't be as simple as Nealia fighting this battle getting out unscathed and maybe leaving for Starfall soon after, I didn't expect this. Nealia is in very bad shape here with her only hope being that someone is able to see she's still alive and get her back to full health and with her wounds, she might already be too far gone. If she survives though, I can't help but wonder if she will stay with the Martell's for good? I can't see Nealia fighting against her family but if Nymeria or someone affiliated with her saves Nealia from death, then anything could be possible. I am also surprised to see that the White Elephant was killed here but I also see this giving his followers more of a spotlight and we will see if they just go to the Rose Company, follow someone else entirely or maybe go out on their own. Another thing I've thought about is just how this battle will affect the Rose Company? They aren't real big to begin with and have faced serious casulties in two large battles in a short period of time which can only hurt them. I believe if anyone can keep the company together it's Tryden but the Rose Company is definitely in pretty bad shape. One good thing that happened for Nealia though is that it looks like Lien and Ying made it out alive which is awesome but now we will have to see if Nealia herself will recover. I think she'll make it but I'm definitely not going to get excited just yet. Overall though, these were both two very awesome parts and I'd say getting to say the aftermath of this battle will be really awesome as well!

Yeah, in Nealia's parts leading up to this I've purposefully done some misleading by having her mainly thinking about whom of her friends will she lose in this battle, not really thinking that she might die herself as well. Well, she is not dead at the end of this part, but let's just say that death is a very real possibility here, which she will realize even if she does survive. And that's a good question about the Rose Company. They aren't a very big company, and this battle will surely have diminished their numbers. I mean, we already know about Broden and Jacke, but obviously they weren't the only ones. That said, Nymeria will surely reward Tryden handsomely for his efforts in this battle, so he should have the coin to recruit warriors to replace the losses, over time at least. Anyway, once again I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed these parts, and I'm excited to show the aftermath of this battle :)

Well Wildling, when I read this I got hyped since I imagine this will be the battle between the Dayne's and Martell's which is pretty epic but I am also very worried at the same time :D

Hehe, there should be a couple of Martell-Dayne battles coming in the next book, and I am excited for all of them :p Obviously for now I only have some very early plans for how exactly will those battles go, and I can't tell if they'll be more or less brutal than this battle, but they should be exciting and great nonetheless.

CM3434 posted: »

Well, I was really excited to see this battle whenever it was going to happen and it is safe to say it didn't disappoint! First off in Nymer

• edited January 2018

Indeed, Nealia is in quite a critical condition, and had the battle continued for much longer she would've had no hope of surviving. Now, if she is spotted and given first aid quickly enough, she might still have a chance to pull through. I can at least confirm that she is not dead at the end of this part. And yep, White Elephant is dead, leaving his small group without a leader. This was actually the reason I chose to kill him in particular here - it puts the other characters from his group in a situation where they have to choose what to do next, whom to follow, etc. He was a quite intriguing character, and it's clear he has a lot of interesting adventures behind him, but tbh there wasn't that much he had to offer narratively to NW. Jacke and Broden on the other hand, well, they are tough losses for Tryden and the Rose Company. Broden especially, since he is probably the closest thing Tryden has to an actual friend, and after Illor's death he was the second-in-command for the Rose Company.

Here's a funny thing and I am serious here, I was actually so thrilled by this battle that I, in the heat of the moment at least, completely forgot about the other details of the story, like whom Nealia was fighting against. It is a very recent development that she has joined Nym's side after all and I still subconsciously associate her with Lucifer a bit, so as I was quite a bit shocked and not in the right mind over what I initially perceived to be her incoming demise, my immediate reaction was me being certain that she'd be trampled to death by Nym's men now, before I realized that this is absolutely not the case anymore :D When it comes to the other losses, I am curious whom else has died here, as you mentioned further losses. My assumption for now is that some named characters on Lucifer's side have died as well. Probably none of the lords, but I could see the Wild Suns taking casualties. Mizro would be a particularly gruesome loss. There have been hints after all that Dalia or Desi will be in severe danger of dying in the coming confrontation against Team Awful (and token not-awful Gwen and Trentan), so imagine, if only one of them survives, how this survivor will feel if she returns to the company only to find out thather former lover/good friend or father respectively has died in her absence. This is likely particularly hard on Desi if she loses her mother and then her father. When it comes to the Rose Company, I actually just realized something: Broden is dead, meaning the next second-in-command is dead. It could be that Tryden (whom I am absolutely certain has survived) will offer the position to Nealia next, making the decision to stay or leave for Starfall a lot harder on her. Speaking of, I am pretty sure she survives by now, with how much potential a Dayne reunion could have, I doubt you'd kill her off here, especially as the chances of her receiving good medical aid quickly are present. However, this would make her indebted to Nymeria and that could cause further troubles down the road. What I considered to be a hard choice but with a clear favourite (family), could actually get some arguments in favour of the other side as well and while I still tend in favour of family (mostly because Jamison/Nealia interactions simply have to happen), things are definitely not as easy as they used to be.

Ah, I'm glad you enjoyed it! =) I had a blast planning and then writing this battle, especially since it was quite different from what we've had so far in NW. I would say it was definitely the most brutal battle of the story so far, and will probably remain that at least until later parts of Book 2. But yeah, what really determined the outcome of this battle was the advantage that defending the bridge gave to the Martell's. The Dryland's had the numbers, but they simply had to sacrifice too much to get through that first line of defense. Normally it would've been smarter for the Dryland's to just wait and not engage, perhaps even retreat and find an alternative route, but they were pressed on time here because of the Fallen Dragons, as well as the fact that they were running out of supplies because of the earlier raid by the Hyenas. Anyway, you have some good speculation there, and let's just say that the next Nymeria part will concentrate on the aftermath of this battle, which should give you a lot of answers regarding how will the war continue from here.

Ooooh, this actually puts me a bit more at ease, hearing this will be the most brutal in a while, but I guess it will also be by far the largest in a long while. Battle scenes are always fun to read and just seeing how Lucifer had to give up his advantage under pressure was very satisfying and fitting. Long live Nym Tzu =) I am curious here, would there have been a chance for this to end differently with the choices we made, or was the outcome of the battle always narrowing down to factors ultimately beyond our control, such as Gabby's failure to defend Salt Shore (and the resulting reinforcements from the Fallen Dragons approaching) or Varyn coming up with this nice plan?

Whoa... this definitely did not go as I thought and I'm quite a bit shocked right now. I mean, not the outcome of the battle in general, but

• Here's a funny thing and I am serious here, I was actually so thrilled by this battle that I, in the heat of the moment at least, completely forgot about the other details of the story, like whom Nealia was fighting against. It is a very recent development that she has joined Nym's side after all and I still subconsciously associate her with Lucifer a bit, so as I was quite a bit shocked and not in the right mind over what I initially perceived to be her incoming demise, my immediate reaction was me being certain that she'd be trampled to death by Nym's men now, before I realized that this is absolutely not the case anymore :D When it comes to the other losses, I am curious whom else has died here, as you mentioned further losses. My assumption for now is that some named characters on Lucifer's side have died as well. Probably none of the lords, but I could see the Wild Suns taking casualties. Mizro would be a particularly gruesome loss. There have been hints after all that Dalia or Desi will be in severe danger of dying in the coming confrontation against Team Awful (and token not-awful Gwen and Trentan), so imagine, if only one of them survives, how this survivor will feel if she returns to the company only to find out thather former lover/good friend or father respectively has died in her absence. This is likely particularly hard on Desi if she loses her mother and then her father. When it comes to the Rose Company, I actually just realized something: Broden is dead, meaning the next second-in-command is dead. It could be that Tryden (whom I am absolutely certain has survived) will offer the position to Nealia next, making the decision to stay or leave for Starfall a lot harder on her. Speaking of, I am pretty sure she survives by now, with how much potential a Dayne reunion could have, I doubt you'd kill her off here, especially as the chances of her receiving good medical aid quickly are present. However, this would make her indebted to Nymeria and that could cause further troubles down the road. What I considered to be a hard choice but with a clear favourite (family), could actually get some arguments in favour of the other side as well and while I still tend in favour of family (mostly because Jamison/Nealia interactions simply have to happen), things are definitely not as easy as they used to be.

Haha, well I hope this wasn't the result of my writing being too messy or confusing :D But yeah, Nymeria's troops aren't about to trample Nealia to death, so her survival really just depends on someone noticing her quickly enough. As for the further losses, I can indeed confirm that there will be deaths of named characters on the Dryland side as well. In fact, I already added the Red Maggot to the list of deceased characters, since it was implied that all of the Unsullied died on that bridge. Anyway, the rest of the casualties will be revealed once we return to this storyline. And if Nealia does survive this, she will indeed have interesting choices to make.

Ooooh, this actually puts me a bit more at ease, hearing this will be the most brutal in a while, but I guess it will also be by far the largest in a long while. Battle scenes are always fun to read and just seeing how Lucifer had to give up his advantage under pressure was very satisfying and fitting. Long live Nym Tzu =) I am curious here, would there have been a chance for this to end differently with the choices we made, or was the outcome of the battle always narrowing down to factors ultimately beyond our control, such as Gabby's failure to defend Salt Shore (and the resulting reinforcements from the Fallen Dragons approaching) or Varyn coming up with this nice plan?

Well, yeah, certainly the largest we'll have in Book 1, and even in Book 2 it'll probably take a while before we get another battle of this scope. And regarding the outcome of this battle, I must admit there was never much variant, because the Martell's have to win here if I am to bring this conflict to its conclusion in Book 1. That said, the choice that would've changed this battle the most would've been if Nymeria would've summoned the Fallen Dragons straight to Sandship when she hired them, instead of sending them to take over Salt Shore. Had that been the case, the numbers would've no longer been in favor of the Dryland army, but they also wouldn't have been in quite as big of a haste. They would've still tried to break the defense at the bridge, but would've given up faster, and retreated towards Salt Shore. The Martell's and the Fallen Dragons would've pursued them, and faced them again in an open field near Salt Shore. And then of course there are things like Dalia choosing to march with the army instead of going with Desi, which would've given us a Dryland PoV for this battle, but wouldn't have really changed the outcome.

Indeed, Nealia is in quite a critical condition, and had the battle continued for much longer she would've had no hope of surviving. Now, if

• Haha, well I hope this wasn't the result of my writing being too messy or confusing :D But yeah, Nymeria's troops aren't about to trample Nealia to death, so her survival really just depends on someone noticing her quickly enough. As for the further losses, I can indeed confirm that there will be deaths of named characters on the Dryland side as well. In fact, I already added the Red Maggot to the list of deceased characters, since it was implied that all of the Unsullied died on that bridge. Anyway, the rest of the casualties will be revealed once we return to this storyline. And if Nealia does survive this, she will indeed have interesting choices to make.

Oh absolutely not, it's more like the contrary. This has been such an immersive part, I just actually stopped thinking for a moment and since I still subconsciously associate Nealia with Lucifer's side of the war, given she has been our first PoV to introduce him, I thought, for the span of a few seconds while reading these final paragraphs, that Nymeria is still her enemy and that Nealia just lost. Probably also a result of the contrasting themes here. Nealia's side in the war has won, that should be a good thing, but she is critically injured and bleeding out while probably half of her associates and friends have died, which feels more like defeat than anything else. So, I really wasn't thinking straight for a moment right there, but that shows how well written that part was :D By the way, I went through the list of characters in Godsgrace at the time, trying to figure out who might live and die and I noticed Yohn Redfort from the Wild Suns is in the list twice. And well, I guess Nymeria's next part will show more about whom else has perished in this battle, Lucifer's side does hold less named characters at the time, so my strongest guess is that the Wild Suns have taken heavy losses and I'm taking a wild guess here and say that either Mizro or Khazor have died, leaving the remaining company with one clear leader in the future.

Well, yeah, certainly the largest we'll have in Book 1, and even in Book 2 it'll probably take a while before we get another battle of this scope. And regarding the outcome of this battle, I must admit there was never much variant, because the Martell's have to win here if I am to bring this conflict to its conclusion in Book 1. That said, the choice that would've changed this battle the most would've been if Nymeria would've summoned the Fallen Dragons straight to Sandship when she hired them, instead of sending them to take over Salt Shore. Had that been the case, the numbers would've no longer been in favor of the Dryland army, but they also wouldn't have been in quite as big of a haste. They would've still tried to break the defense at the bridge, but would've given up faster, and retreated towards Salt Shore. The Martell's and the Fallen Dragons would've pursued them, and faced them again in an open field near Salt Shore. And then of course there are things like Dalia choosing to march with the army instead of going with Desi, which would've given us a Dryland PoV for this battle, but wouldn't have really changed the outcome.

I guess there's currently only two kings in Dorne who can even bring forth an army the size of Lucifer, that being Vorian and Yorick. The Blackmont army has suffered in the war, as has the Manwoody army and I think it was implied the Fowler's never had significant numbers to begin with, so if the war between Nymeria and Garrison will take the centre stage in the earlier parts of Book 2, as I am inclined to believe, then I guess it'll take until the Dayne's fully commit themselves to this war. And oh man, I just realized that this is still just the beginning, because Nym doesn't even have the support of the other houses she ends up conquering later on. I suddenly am very excited for Book 4 XD And a battle on an open field sounds quite intriguing, though I must say, this battle here was so great, I can't say for sure I'd prefer the alternative. I guess in terms of writing it wouldn't have made much of a difference in how thrilling it is. With Dalia though, I said it before, I am incredibly glad she ended up going with Desi. A Dryland PoV in this battle could have been nice (and I guess Kris would have had that role if not for him thankfully leaving as well), but you know my priorities and I gladly trade it in for giving Gwen a better chance at getting out of this mess.

Here's a funny thing and I am serious here, I was actually so thrilled by this battle that I, in the heat of the moment at least, completely

• Wow, that was quite an intense battle. I was surprised the Fallen Dragons didn't show up for it. However, I'm sure the groups would finally meet either in Nymeria or Valor's next part.

• Hello everyone! There is no voting to close this time, so I just wanted to inform you that another part should come out later today, and it'll be a Jamison PoV. Last time we saw Jamison arriving to Clearhaven with his convoy, where his uncle Garret Dayne was waiting for them. Garret told Jamison that Vorian had named him the Lord of Clearhaven as a reward for his succesful mission to the Central Dorne. Garret also told Jamison the news about Isabella being on her way towards Starfall to marry him, which he was obviously very happy to hear. At the end of the part, as they were preparing to set sail, Garret asked Jamison if Ser Laroy and the other members of the convoy had served him well, since they were all basically unharmed while Jamison had a nasty scar on his face. Jamison clarified that it wasn't any of their fault, but rather a result of his own mistake. Garret then wanted to know more, and Jamison decided to tell him what exactly happened in Vaith. So, that's where the next part will start. And as said, I'll try to get it done today :)

• Jamison

"When Lord Kris gave me this scar, I... I wasn't myself", Jamison started, to which Garret just chuckled. "Sure, of course you're 'not yourself' when you lose a fight", he replied sarcastically, and Jamison let out a frustrated sigh. "That's not what I meant", he snapped. "What I mean is... before the battle, there was this Summer Islander girl who lured me into a house, where she... she put some kind of obsidian stone around my neck, and did some kind of spell that stripped me from my own free will, my own thoughts, everything. It wasn't until after the battle when I woke up with this scar on my face when I fully realized what had happened."

Garret looked at Jamison with a confused expression, clearly not sure if he should take his nephew's words seriously. "So, you're saying this lady was some kind of sorceress?" He asked, and Jamison nodded.

"Aye, I think she was using some kind of blood magic", he said with a serious tone. Garret stayed quiet for a moment, but Jamison could tell from his expression that he was at least taking him seriously now. "Well, I have heard about the sorcerers of Blackmont using blood magic before, but I never really took it seriously. However, there is no reason for me not to believe in you", Garret spoke with a concerned look in his eyes. "So, where is this sorceress that used her magic on you now?" He asked calmly, and Jamison shrugged.

"She escaped the city during the battle", he answered quietly, turning to look towards the sea again. "I don't know where she went, and frankly I hope I'll never have to see her again."

They both stood there silently for a while, until finally Ser Laroy approached them. "The ship is ready to set sail", he informed them calmly, and Garret nodded to him. "Aye, we'll come in a moment", he said quietly, and with a small bow Laroy made his way back towards the ship.

"Was there something more you wanted to know?" Jamison now asked, and his uncle shrugged. "Is there something more to tell?" He asked with a relaxed tone, and Jamison shook his head. "Good then, it's time to go home."

-

After a couple days of sailing they finally entered the mouth of Torrentine. They had stopped in Southpoint the day before, and left Ser Aron and his squire Aidin Dayne there after once again being treated to a plentiful feast by Lord Timeon.

Jamison stood at the prow of Starfire, seeing the white towers of Starfall growing taller and taller as they got closer. And far behind those towers the Red Mountains raised to touch the skies, the Dornish sun blazing above them. Feeling the soft breeze on his skin and hearing the bells of Starfall welcoming them, Jamison knew he was home.

They anchored at the docks on the southern shore of the island, where people of the court had arrived to welcome them. Rolan Nightfall was the first to get ashore, clearly feeling a bit seasick. He was followed by his nephew Lyreon Nightfall, who had a cocky smirk on his face as always, probably planning to tell everyone he could about the imagined heroics he had been through on this journey. Lyreon was followed by Ser Laroy and his squire Darnis, as well as Arthur Wythmail, and then finally Garret and Jamison.

The people cheered and applauded for the returning knights, though Jamison also noticed many of them eyeing at his scar, while trying to look like they didn't. In the middle of the crowd stood King Vorian and Queen Arenna. Vorian had his usual calm and stoic expression, whereas Arenna looked at Jamison with the loving concern of a mother.

"Welcome home, Prince Jamison", Vorian greeted him as he approached them, and Jamison bowed to his father. "Your Grace", he replied nonchalantly.

"Jamison, my dear son, I am so happy to see you back in home, alive and well", Arenna said with a relieved tone, hugging him briefly. "That scar... You just can't stay out of trouble, can you?" She asked with a sigh, touching the scar lightly. Jamison winced slightly at the pain and backed away, and his mother gasped with worry.

"I'm fine, mother", Jamison muttered quietly, before turning towards Vorian again. The King made no remarks about the scar, just eyed it for a brief moment before speaking up. "I assume your uncle already informed you that I've granted you the lordship of Clearhaven", he said calmly, and Jamison nodded. "Good... There are also other things we should discuss, but we can do that later. Come to my office before the feast." Vorian tapped Jamison lightly on the shoulder as he said this, moving past him to welcome Laroy and the rest back as well.

And so, after the King had welcomed them all, they made their way to the courtyard of the castle. Vorian announced there would be a great feast by sundown, and people got back to their chores. Jamison followed after his father, and they made it to the King's office.

Vorian sat behind his desk, letting out a sigh as he eyed at Jamison. "I heard you broke your sword", he said nonchalantly, and Jamison nodded. "Aye, gotta ask the blacksmith to make a new one", he replied with a casual tone.

"Leave that to me", Vorian said, tapping his fingers lightly on the desk. "So, as you know, Princess Isabella is on her way."

"Yes, Garret told me", Jamison responded, turning his gaze down. "Thank you... for agreeing to it", he then said after a moment of hesitation.

"You are welcome", Vorian said with a subtle smile. "I trust that the lordship of Clearhaven and the hand of Isabella are enough of a reward for you."

"They'll do", Jamison said with a sly smirk, to which Vorian chuckled and shook his head lightly. "You did well", he then said with a relaxed tone. "Even though I would've preferred if you took the time to take part in King Lucifer's wedding as well."

"It would've done no good", Jamison said with a small sigh. "The old prick already gave us Clearhaven, what more would we want from him?"

"A lasting alliance", Vorian responded sharply. "From what news I've gathered, it has come increasingly clear to me that this Nymeria will not be so easily swept aside. Even if Lucifer succeeds to drive her out of the Central Dorne this time, she is sure to strike again. Her ambitions are great, and her power is growing. This war that she has brought to Dorne will last for years."

"She may be a threat to Lucifer, but not us", Jamison stated confidently, but Vorian didn't look convinced. "For now, anyway", he said quietly. "Nonetheless, your marriage with Isabella should make King Garrison a reliable ally. And the Blackmont's..."

"The Blackmont's don't give a shit about us", Jamison cut off his father with a dry chuckle, and Vorian frowned at his words. "Prince Naemon took Davos as his new squire, and Malcolm rode with him to rid the Kingdom of Blackmont from rebels", he said sternly. "Benedict may have little interest for an alliance between Blackmont and Torrentine, but his heir understands its value. As does mine."

"Great", Jamison said with an indifferent tone. "However, whereas you see this Nymeria merely as a threat, I think she could also give us an opportunity."

"An opportunity for what?" Vorian asked with an unenthusiastic tone. "For conquer", Jamison replied smoothly, to which his father simply sighed tiredly. "Think about it, the longer Nymeria and Lucifer fight this war of theirs, the weaker it will leave both of their kingdoms. We already have Clearhaven, it would be easy to gather our fleet there and launch an attack on the Brimstone."

"Conquering Brimstone would do us no good, it would be too isolated from the rest of our kingdom", Vorian stated nonchalantly. "Besides, the vassals of King Lucifer would never be loyal to us. Even if we destroyed House Dryland and claimed dominion over Brimstone, they would simply make the Uller's their kings and drive our forces out. It would just be impossible to rule them from here."

"Then perhaps we could rule them from Hellgate Hall", Jamison suggested with a smirk, and Vorian looked at him with confusion. "You would have me abandon our ancestral home to rule a foreign land?"

"No, I would not have you abandon anything", Jamison replied sharply. "Instead, I would lead the conquest to Brimstone, and I would take its crown. Surely I, your son, would make for a more reliable ally to you than Lucifer."

Vorian chuckled with disbelief, shaking his head and turning his gaze down for a moment, before raising it up again to look Jamison to the eyes. "It is good that you have ambition, Jamison, I would never take that away from you", he started calmly, a serious look in his eyes. "However, you should forget these mad delusions, and instead concentrate your ambition to making something great of Clearhaven, something your sons and their sons can then build upon."

Jamison stayed quiet for a moment, a slightly disappointed look on his eyes. Of course he hadn't expected Vorian to listen to his ideas, but it did still annoy him. However, he had just been made the Lord of Clearhaven and promised the hand of the woman he loved, so he didn't dear to protest now.

Vorian stood up from his chair and approached Jamison, putting his hand on his shoulder. "You do not need a crown to find greatness, my son", he said softly. "You have proven yourself, and now you're being offered everything you need to make your life happy and fulfilling. Do not throw it away by chasing something that cannot be attained."

"I won't", Jamison said quietly, and his father smiled. "Now, Isabella could arrive any day", Vorian said as he removed his hand from Jamison's shoulder, then approaching the window. "It is time to start planning the wedding", he continued, turning to look at his son again. "So, I ask you Jamison, would you like to have a small wedding, something that could be arranged in just a few days after she arrives, or would you rather have something grand, perhaps even a tourney?"

"You let me decide?" Jamison asked with a raised eyebrow, and Vorian nodded.

[A small wedding] [A grand wedding]

• [A small wedding] Since I'm unmarried, I don't know if this will please Bella or not, but I think the new Jamison doesn't need a grand wedding to be with the woman he loves.
    While Vorian is right about the opportunity, they're stony Dornishmen, and the Qorgyles can and will prevent any crossing from inland. And while Nymeria has to take over Vaith first, I doubt the Daynes can attack from inland or the Brimstone as easily as Vorian makes it sound.

• Ah, this was an interesting part. One thing I was surprised by was that Jamison did not mention Valerie's name to Garret. That could have kinda been the important detail here, so I actually realized, I am not sure if he even knows. Sure, Desi and Kris know, but I don't remember if they ever told Jamison, since he possibly did not care enough to ask. It's good more people know about that awful bitch though, just in case she manages to escape her fate in this chapter. Garret seems to have taken Jamison seriously, which I was not sure he would, but I am glad he did.

And I loved that talk between Jamison and Vorian. I really wonder what this wedding will mean for him and Isabella, that's a thought I had for a while now. Isabella's biggest dream so far has been her marriage for Jamison and in the first chapter, I thought it'd take longer than the end of Book 1 for her to reach this goal, so this likely means there are different things for her in store. I wonder how their wedding life will be, if it will be truly a happy one, or if it turns out they've both loved an idealized version of each other. Particularly in Isabella's case, I could see this, as she arguably never saw Jamison at his worst. That being said, he truly loves her, so it remains to be seen if this will ever happen. Ah, I look forward for these two :3

[A grand wedding]

Honestly, Jamison might be a bit of an ass at times, but he deserves this one. More than that, Isabella deserves it as well. They both dreamt of this moment for so long, in Jamison's case it means he literally made it his reason for becoming the man he is today, to prove himself worthy of this. Sure, a small wedding means it can happen faster, but really, they both deserve more than that. It's the most important moment in their lives, so I think the wedding itself should reflect this fact. And one should also consider, it is a marriage for love, something that is as rare as it is wonderful. For that alone, they deserve a spectacular wedding.

Jamison "When Lord Kris gave me this scar, I... I wasn't myself", Jamison started, to which Garret just chuckled. "Sure, of course you're

• Vorian actually agrees with you there, it was Jamison who was pushing the idea of conquering Brimstone here =) And even he understands that they couldn't attack from inland, which is why he suggested gathering their fleet to Clearhaven and then sailing up the Brimstone.

Edinosaur23 posted: »

[A small wedding] Since I'm unmarried, I don't know if this will please Bella or not, but I think the new Jamison doesn't need a grand weddi

• Ah, this was an interesting part. One thing I was surprised by was that Jamison did not mention Valerie's name to Garret. That could have kinda been the important detail here, so I actually realized, I am not sure if he even knows. Sure, Desi and Kris know, but I don't remember if they ever told Jamison, since he possibly did not care enough to ask. It's good more people know about that awful bitch though, just in case she manages to escape her fate in this chapter. Garret seems to have taken Jamison seriously, which I was not sure he would, but I am glad he did.

Valerie did give her name to Jamison when they met, but Jamison just doesn't consider this as anything important. She was just some random sorceress to him, and he wants to leave the whole incident behind. But yeah, the more people are aware of the deeds of the Great Other worshipers the better, because they rely on operating in the shadows.

And I loved that talk between Jamison and Vorian. I really wonder what this wedding will mean for him and Isabella, that's a thought I had for a while now. Isabella's biggest dream so far has been her marriage for Jamison and in the first chapter, I thought it'd take longer than the end of Book 1 for her to reach this goal, so this likely means there are different things for her in store. I wonder how their wedding life will be, if it will be truly a happy one, or if it turns out they've both loved an idealized version of each other. Particularly in Isabella's case, I could see this, as she arguably never saw Jamison at his worst. That being said, he truly loves her, so it remains to be seen if this will ever happen. Ah, I look forward for these two :3

Aye, that conversation was really the most important part here, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. As for the married life between Jamison and Isabella, that is surely something we will explore deeper in Book 2. For now at least they are madly in love, but it is true that both of them may have a bit idealized image of each other. Regardless, the wedding is sure to be a happy moment for both of them :)

Ah, this was an interesting part. One thing I was surprised by was that Jamison did not mention Valerie's name to Garret. That could have ki

• [A grand wedding]

Jamison "When Lord Kris gave me this scar, I... I wasn't myself", Jamison started, to which Garret just chuckled. "Sure, of course you're

• edited January 2018

[A grand wedding]

• edited January 2018

Yes, Jamison made it home! Getting Jamison back to Starfall before things started getting too crazy in Central Dorne was the goal and I am definitely glad to see that worked out! This part was awesome as always with so many things being shown here that gets me excited for the forthcoming parts even though I have clearly been excited from the beginning :D From what I can tell, it seems Jamison is getting his confidence back in every single part with the scar slowly starting to become an afterthought to him. While I am guessing it will probably still be something he struggles with for a little while, I imagine maybe by the end of book 1 when Isabella shows she accepts it which I'm imagine she will and especially by book 2 it won't bother him at all. Especially once it heals since it will probably look pretty awesome by then!

Along with that, I obviously enjoyed the talk with Vorian as it shows their contrasting personalities especially in regards to Jamison's ideas about conquering Dorne. Admittedly, Jamison does actually have a pretty solid plan at least in regards to potentially winning the kingdom of Brimstone for the Dayne's. As Vorian said though, keeping it and winning it are two different things but Jamison having this idea of attacking when both sides are fighting one another with both not at their strongest is a pretty genius idea on his part! With that said though, keeping Jamison in Starfall is for the best I believe :D Jamison's ambition really shines here and I definitely liked Vorian telling Jamison that he doesn't need a crown to be prove his worth and I suppose time will tell if Jamison will listen to this advice. Vorian and Jamison clearly do have a very unique father son relationship as shown by both of their conversations in story and those two are one of if not my favorite interaction in the entire story since there is just so much going on in regards to their opinions and the way they seem to view one another. I definitely look forward to seeing these two interact and seeing more of their relationship unfold! The moment with Arenna was a highlight for me as well since you can see she worries herself sick about him and I am definitely curious to see more of her which I'm guessing will come in Book 2. Overall I am such a big fan of all of the Starfall cast and could go on and on about what I've seen and try to interpret it but I believe I'll move on to the choice for now so I don't write too big of a novel here :dizzy:

For the choice, I am without a doubt going to vote for a [A grand wedding] here. While I don't think Jamison would really care either way about how extravagant the wedding is, he knows Isabella loves this kind of stuff in regards of feasts, tourneys and of course the pageantry of a big wedding. She has always wanted her wedding to be special and I feel Jamison showing that he knows this and putting that effort into making this as special as he can for her will really mean alot to her. With that said, I am sure she'd be happy either way but Jamison having a grand wedding that puts his love for her and all of that on display would definitely mean the world to her I would imagine. Along with all of this, I am definitely curious to how Jamison and Isabella's marriage will go as well. They both care about one another and have seen the other at some moments where they aren't at their best but being married and being around one another all of the time is something different entirely. Jamison has always tried to put his best foot forward with her because he does see something different in her that he doesn't see in others and her seeing him in the same way but like any couple, they could potentially have their struggles as well. and who knows what'll happen as time goes on. I do believe they'll make it through and I am definitely rooting for them to succeed Overall though this was an awesome part as always and I am excited to read more! Great job!

• Yes, Jamison made it home! Getting Jamison back to Starfall before things started getting too crazy in Central Dorne was the goal and I am definitely glad to see that worked out! This part was awesome as always with so many things being shown here that gets me excited for the forthcoming parts even though I have clearly been excited from the beginning :D From what I can tell, it seems Jamison is getting his confidence back in every single part with the scar slowly starting to become an afterthought to him. While I am guessing it will probably still be something he struggles with for a little while, I imagine maybe by the end of book 1 when Isabella shows she accepts it which I'm imagine she will and especially by book 2 it won't bother him at all. Especially once it heals since it will probably look pretty awesome by then!

Indeed, Jamison is home, which should really help him to get over the scar. Let's just say that what struggles he has with it now are minimal compared to how it would've been if he had got his face burnt in the Battle of Vaith. Anyway, it's pretty obvious that Isabella isn't going to care about the scar, and by Book 2 the scar won't be nearly as bad anymore. I'll make sure to draw another portrait of Jamison after the time jump ;)

Along with that, I obviously enjoyed the talk with Vorian as it shows their contrasting personalities especially in regards to Jamison's ideas about conquering Dorne. Admittedly, Jamison does actually have a pretty solid plan at least in regards to potentially winning the kingdom of Brimstone for the Dayne's. As Vorian said though, keeping it and winning it are two different things but Jamison having this idea of attacking when both sides are fighting one another with both not at their strongest is a pretty genius idea on his part! With that said though, keeping Jamison in Starfall is for the best I believe :D Jamison's ambition really shines here and I definitely liked Vorian telling Jamison that he doesn't need a crown to be prove his worth and I suppose time will tell if Jamison will listen to this advice. Vorian and Jamison clearly do have a very unique father son relationship as shown by both of their conversations in story and those two are one of if not my favorite interaction in the entire story since there is just so much going on in regards to their opinions and the way they seem to view one another. I definitely look forward to seeing these two interact and seeing more of their relationship unfold! The moment with Arenna was a highlight for me as well since you can see she worries herself sick about him and I am definitely curious to see more of her which I'm guessing will come in Book 2. Overall I am such a big fan of all of the Starfall cast and could go on and on about what I've seen and try to interpret it but I believe I'll move on to the choice for now so I don't write too big of a novel here :dizzy:

Hehe, glad you enjoyed it! =) And yes, Jamison would surely make a capable conquerer, he has a keen eye for opportunities and more than enough ambition. Vorian on the other hand considers things a bit more in long-term, and in long-term the Dayne's controlling Brimstone seems like an impossible task. Vorian also suspects that the only reason for Jamison to do this would be for the sake of glory and fame, and not because he'd actually care about ruling Brimstone. And to be fair, that is probably close to the truth :D Anyway, much more of the Starfall cast and interactions between them all will be coming in the future, especially in Book 2 :)

• [A small wedding]

• [A grand wedding]
    It fits his personality more.

• Voting is closed!

And Jamison will ask for a grand wedding. Well, it is pretty fitting for Jamison's character, and I can't see Isabella being opposed to it either =)

Next up, we will return to the storylines of the Blackmont siblings. Naemon crushed Karsan Taller's rebellion in his latest part, and caught the man himself. They had a brief conversation, and at the end of it Naemon was considering if he should spare Karsan, but he decided to kill him anyway. As for Gwendis, she continued her travels in Kingdom of Yronwood with Trentan, Aisha and Mordekhai, and they came across Valerie and her mind-controlled soldiers. After killing some Yronwood and Vass troops that were guarding the bridge, they all made their way to a nearby farm where Valerie had been staying recently. As they laid to rest there, Valerie suddenly confronted Gwendis, asking her if Aisha was telling the truth when she said that Gwendis was powerful. Gwen decided to take the neutral approach, and say that she doesn't know.

I will do my best to get these parts out today! :)

• Indeed, Jamison is home, which should really help him to get over the scar. Let's just say that what struggles he has with it now are minimal compared to how it would've been if he had got his face burnt in the Battle of Vaith. Anyway, it's pretty obvious that Isabella isn't going to care about the scar, and by Book 2 the scar won't be nearly as bad anymore. I'll make sure to draw another portrait of Jamison after the time jump ;)

Ah I remember that choice for Dalia really well and the saddest thing about if that choice would have won is that I voted for Kris not to go with Dalia :D Safe to say I overthought that choice quite a bit not even accounting for the fact that Desi could be willing to use her abilities to protect her mother. But yeah, if Jamison would have been burned by Desi in that battle, Jamison would have been really messed up by that since he would not have look anything like he once did. I'm pretty curious actually, if Jamison would have been burned there, would he have ever been the same in regards to his personality or would it have changed him completely? Thinking back on it, that choice while Dalia's actual choice, changed Jamison's life in a huge way so it does make me really curious. Very true, Isabella's feelings on Jamison goes way further than just his face being unscarred :D The more I think about it, Jamison might actually learn to embrace his scar in time since eventually the scar won't affect his looks at all rather it would actually make him look pretty beast and safe to say I am hyped to see that portrait after the time jump! I'd say by book 2 the smug grin will be back by that point :D

Hehe, glad you enjoyed it! =) And yes, Jamison would surely make a capable conquerer, he has a keen eye for opportunities and more than enough ambition. Vorian on the other hand considers things a bit more in long-term, and in long-term the Dayne's controlling Brimstone seems like an impossible task. Vorian also suspects that the only reason for Jamison to do this would be for the sake of glory and fame, and not because he'd actually care about ruling Brimstone. And to be fair, that is probably close to the truth :D Anyway, much more of the Starfall cast and interactions between them all will be coming in the future, especially in Book 2 :)

indeed, I think that is definitely the biggest thing about these Dornish kingdoms is that all of them even the Yronwood's truly don't have the power to bring the entirety of Dorne and even if they did, it probably would not work anyway because of past grudges and things of that nature which is why if it is. From the Dayne PoV, I think the only way the Dayne's could make the Brimstone conquest work would be if the kingdom actually prospered better under Jamison's rule and like you said, I'm not too sure that Jamison really cares much about the kingdom of Brimstone once he's past the point of winning the war and crowning himself :D It would probably a case of "now what?" at that point at least with how Jamison is now :D Indeed, I am especially excited to see this upcoming tourney of Starfall since this is one of the few times we might see certain characters in the same place at once!

Yes, Jamison made it home! Getting Jamison back to Starfall before things started getting too crazy in Central Dorne was the goal and I am d

• edited January 2018

Naemon

After executing Karsan Taller, Prince Naemon buried the fallen rebel leader to a nameless grave in the woods with the help of Davos and Malcolm. After this they rode back to the rebel camp. The battle there was already over, and just five Upton troops had died in the fighting. Alester insisted that the bodies of those five would be brought back to Sword's Edge and buried there, whereas the bodies of the fallen rebels were burned in a pyre.

"Did you kill him, my prince?" Ser Edwyn asked calmly, and Naemon nodded wordlessly. "Good", the Oakswood knight said with a smirk, tapping Naemon lightly on the shoulder.

With haste they made their way back to Oakswood, and arrived there by the sundown. After a modest dinner with Lady Bessa and her son, they went out to the courtyard, where Ser Edwyn had arranged a carousal for all of the troops. Several barrels of ale were brought from the cellars of the castle, and raised to a long table in the middle of the yard. It didn't take long for the soldiers to get drunk.

Edwyn had a small speech about the glory and greatness of the Kingdom of Blackmont, and the drunken soldiers cheered for his words. Not long after that Alester stood up to speak, reminding Edwyn that it was the men of Torrentine who defeated Karsan's rebels, and now the soldiers cheered even louder.

Naemon and Malcolm sat on a small bench couple dozen feet away from the table, both of them having drank just a couple of cups, while observing the celebrations calmly from the side. Davos on the other hand had decided to join in on the drinking, and Naemon had no problem with that.

"Does it bother you?" Malcolm suddenly asked, and Naemon turned to look at him, knowing exactly what he meant. "No", he responded quietly. "I didn't enjoy it, but... it had to be done."

"I agree", Malcolm said with a nod. "It's a shame, but for some crimes there can be only one punishment. If anything, I could've seen you let him go out of spite for your father."

"I almost did", Naemon admitted grimly, gazing at the empty wooden cup on his hands. "What made you change your mind?" Malcolm asked with an intrigued tone. Naemon stayed quiet for a moment, twiddling the cup in his hands as he considered his answer.

"Whatever my father is, Karsan was no better", he finally said. "All those men we killed today, they died because they followed him, and yet in the end he didn't even stand by their side. Tried to run away while his men were being slaughtered."

"Mm, a coward to the end", Malcolm said calmly. "Though my father always says that in truth we are all cowards. Those we call brave are just the ones who manage to overcome their fears."

"Do you see yourself as brave?" Naemon asked nonchalantly, and a small smirk formed on the face of the Dayne prince. "I would like to think so", he said smoothly, taking in a deep breath. "And what about you?"

"I don't know", Naemon answered quietly. "I try to be", he added with a small sigh. "I suppose that's all any of us can do", Malcom remarked with a carefree tone, patting Naemon on the back. "So, here we are, the future kings of Torrentine and Blackmont... I have a feeling that greatness awaits us both, Naemon."

"Maybe we should sack Oldtown together, like Barragan and Samwell", Naemon jested, to which Malcolm chuckled warmly. "I'm glad Jamison isn't here, you would've just given him another crazy idea", he said lightheartedly, standing up from the bench. "I'll fetch some more ale, you want?"

"Aye", Naemon said and handed his cup for Malcolm. The soldiers sung and drank for their fill together with the princes and lords, and so it continued long into the night.

-

After finally getting himself up from the bed in the morning, Naemon made his way to the corridor by the main hall. Suddenly he heard distant crying of a woman, coming from behind the door. It's Lady Bessa, he quickly realized, wondering what had happened. Just then, the door was opened and Ser Edwyn walked out, a sullen expression on his face.

"Prince Naemon, good morning", he said, unable to bring a smile to his face. "Ser Edwyn", Naemon responded with narrowed eyes, glancing at the door Edwyn just closed. "Excuse me Ser, I don't mean to pry, but I couldn't help but hear..."

"Bad news just arrived", Edwyn cut him off with a sigh, to which Naemon raised an eyebrow. "Something from the war?" He asked, and Edwyn nodded. "The Wyl's came to rescue the Manwoody's, and broke our siege at Kingsgrave. Lord Raymun died in the battle, as did most of the men who marched with him."

"My condolences", Naemon said quietly, quite surprised and shocked by these news. "Was there any word of Ser Kegan?" He quickly asked, and Edwyn nodded. "Aye, he survived, as did Lord Blackadder. They're on their way back to Blackmont as we speak."

"So, the war is over?" Naemon asked with a hollow tone, and Edwyn shrugged. "I suppose that depends on your father", he said with a sigh, walking away.

Naemon met with Malcolm, Davos and Alester at the courtyard, and told them the news. "So, is the war over now?" Davos asked, and Naemon shrugged. "I suppose it depends on Benedict, and Albin of course", he said with a sigh, not feeling exactly hopeful at the future of their kingdom depending on those two.

"Albin has made great threats in the past, and now he has the support of the Yronwood's", Malcolm stated with a concerned tone, which made Alester frown. "Makes no fucking sense", he muttered, and they all looked at him. "I mean, why the fuck would Yorick support Albin? The madman has boasted to conquer all of the Red Mountains, and the last I checked half of Yorick's kingdom is on the Red Mountains."

"No doubt Yorick is simply using Albin as his puppet", Naemon said sternly. "Can't see it being an easy alliance. Anyway, we should probably get moving soon, we still need to go to Gravesend to fetch the rest of the Upton troops and figure out who'll be left in charge there for now."

"Important decisions are about to be made", Malcolm said now, putting his hand on Naemon's shoulder and looking him to the eyes. "You should ride to Blackmont ahead of us, your father needs you. The important part of this mission is over anyway, we can take care of the rest."

[Ride straight to Blackmont] [Stay with the troops]

-

Gwendis

The tall and dark figure of Valerie stood next to her imposingly, and Gwendis had a hard time finding words. "I... I don't know", she finally managed to mutter. "Aisha says that I have some kind of... connection to her god, that's all I know."

Valerie's eyes glimmered in the dark as she glared at Gwendis, lowering herself slightly. "Stupid girl, ignorant of even her own abilities", she hissed, and Gwendis gulped in fear. "Perhaps I should help you a little", Valerie said with a callous tone, and pushed her palm against Gwendis chest. The princess gasped for air, suddenly feeling lightheaded, feeling like she was drifting away. All she saw now was darkness, and somewhere far away, the blue eyes.

Gwendis breathed in and out, completely unaware of what was going on. All she knew was that the blue eyes kept growing, creeping closer. "Wake up", the shrieking voice said.

Gwendis opened her eyes, noticing that she was standing in the middle of the room, Valerie right beside her. As she turned to look at her, Valerie's eyes widened in surprise. "You broke free", she said with disbelief in her words.

"I told you, she is powerful", Aisha's voice spoke behind them, and they both turned towards her. "What just happened?" Gwendis asked with a gulp, and Aisha nodded towards Valerie. "She tried to control you with her magic, but you broke free of her grasp."

"How?" Valerie hissed, anger oozing from her voice. "It's not your concern, Valerie", Aisha stated coldly. "Now, we should all get some rest... an important battle is ahead of us."

And so they all went back to rest, though Gwendis didn't get much more sleep that night. They got up early in the morning, and continued their journey towards the shore of the Sea of Dorne. Aisha and Mordekhai led the way, Gwendis and Trentan coming a couple dozen feet behind them, and lastly came Valerie and her mind-controlled soldiers.

They avoided any roads, going through forests, fields and hills, staying away from the eyes of the locals. After all, they were at the heart of the Kingdom of Yronwood, the seat of the Bloodroyal being probably less than a day's ride from them.

"Gwendis, I've been thinking", Trentan suddenly spoke up, and Gwendis shifted her gaze to him. "What, Trentan?" She asked softly, and he took in a deep breath before speaking up again. "I've been thinking a lot about what I should do after we are done with... this. And, I've got this idea, a business of sorts."

"What kind of business?" Gwendis asked with a smile, and Trentan scratched his head and chuckled nervously. "I don't want to be a thief any longer, but I figured I could set up a shop somewhere and start selling pies and breads."

"You know how to bake?" Gwendis asked with a raised eyebrow, and Trentan nodded. "You'd be surprised", he said with a grin, and Gwendis chuckled warmly. "Perhaps you'll get to prove your skills to me one day. Anyway, setting up a bakery, it takes a lot of coin."

"I know, I was thinking...", Trentan started, but Gwendis cut her off. "You're asking if I could help you with that", she said with a smirk, and Trenan nodded. "You know, just so I could get started", he said.

"Well, first we have to get through this shit", Gwendis replied with a sigh, nodding towards Aisha and Mordekhai ahead of them. "Oh, and you'll also have to prove to me that you're as good at baking as you say you are", she added with a more lighthearted tone. "Would be a waste of coin if you wouldn't even have customers."

"Oh, I guarantee I'd have a lot of customers, if not because of my delicious pies, then because of my good looks", Trentan boasted, and they both laughed. Chatting with Trentan brought Gwendis a refreshing rest from worrying about the mess Aisha had dragged them into, and she could only be grateful for it. Trentan was perhaps naïve in making plans for future, but Gwendis didn't care, it was better than being scared and depressed all the time.

Her mood soured quite soon again though, as they arrived to the coast by the sundown. What they found there was what Gwendis had seen before in her dreams – a dead white tree standing on the cliff overlooking the Sea of Dorne.

"This is the place", Aisha said with quiet determination as they approached the cliff. "This is where we are fated to confront the warriors of fire."

"You saw this in your dreams?" Valerie asked as they arrived to the tree, and Aisha nodded. "Me and the princess both", she said, glancing at Gwendis as she spoke.

"It is good that we have arrived here first", Mordekhai stated sternly, putting his hand against the trunk of the dead tree. "Tomorrow we must start preparing."

"I agree", Aisha said nonchalantly, now approaching Gwendis and Trentan. "It's been a long journey, but we can rest now... until our enemies arrive." And so, they walked away from the cliff and made their camp behind a small hill that protected them from the winds.

That night Gwendis dreamt of a storm, and darkness that devoured her. It was a nightmare filled with screams of agony and pain, and thundering skies. She woke up, out of breath and cold sweat on her forehead, at the first break of dawn. An eerie silence lingered in the air. Aisha laid next to Gwendis, still asleep, but there was no sight of Valerie, Mordekhai or Trentan. Then, Aisha woke up, looking at Gwendis as she raised to a sitting position. "Something has happened", she said quietly, and stood up. Without a word Gwendis got up as well, and followed after Aisha.

As they walked around the hill towards the cliff, they saw something shocking. Valerie and Mordekhai were on their knees next to the dead tree, and there was a dead body tied into the trunk of the tree – and it was Trentan. His chest had been torn open, and his heart ripped out.

"NOOO!" Gwendis screamed and started running towards them. Aisha tried to grab her, but she slipped from her grasp. With fury Gwendis charged towards Valerie and Mordekhai, tears running down her face. She had no idea what would she do, but she couldn't accept this, she would fight and die rather than accept this. However, before she could reach them, Valerie's mindless soldiers stood on her way, and pushed her to the ground.

"Why are you crying, princess?" Valerie asked coldly as she approached them. "The boy was worthless, a sheep to be sacrificed."

"I did not ask this, Valerie", Aisha said sternly, having just arrived behind Gwendis. "No, you didn't, but you must have known there was a reason to bring the boy", Valerie responded with a malicious smirk on her face. "Don't try to deny it, Aisha, he was fated to be sacrificed from the beginning. I simply made it easier for you."

Gwendis shifted her gaze to Aisha now, and to her shock she didn't deny Valerie's words. Gwendis got back up on her feet, pulling out the knife that Aisha had given her at the beginning of their journey, and rushed to kill Valerie. However, Mordekhai grabbed her hand before she could strike, and disarmed her with ease.

"Hold her", Valerie said coldly, and Mordekhai obeyed, keeping Gwendis still with his brute strength. Valerie took a wooden bowl from the ground, filled with blood. "Now, princess, you will drink your friend's blood", she said quietly. As Valerie pushed the bowl against her lips, Gwendis tried to resist. However, her mouth opened against her own will, and soon the sour taste of Trentan's blood was on her tongue. "Sleep", Valerie whispered, and Gwendis fell unconscious.

No decision

• edited January 2018

Oh my god, what the hell did just happen? This is easily the most speechless I have ever been after reading a part of this story and I gotta collect my thoughts first. Maybe I should vote on the Naemon part first, though I'm sorry I can't give much of a reasoning this time. It has been a nice part, but I think it's clear that it is just absolutely overshadowed by that utter shocker that is Gwendis' part.

[Ride straight to Blackmont]

A little bit of reasoning here, the mission is indeed over. Naemon should quickly report his success to Benedict. I have full trust in Alester and Malcolm to clean up the situation at Gravesend. At the same time, I won't disapprove of him staying with them, I ultimately can't see any major drawbacks to this either and it'd mean more time with a couple characters I have grown to like, so yeah, I'm fine with both.

Now... just, I can't even, I'm literally speechless. Good thing I can still type, but oh man, I'm shaking a bit, that was intense. And that was also by far the last thing I expected. Let me start at the beginning, that is probably the best. So, there is one important detail about this part and I feel disgusted at myself for even implying it, but Aisha was not the worst in this part. For once, she managed to be out-worsed by someone else. Don't get me wrong, she is the worst in the grand scale of things, if only because every single bad thing that happened, happens and will happen in this storyline can be traced back to her being absolutely awful and starting this mess to begin with. But Valerie easily overshadowed her here and I am not okay with it. If Aisha is the worst for life, what is Valerie then? How can something be worse than the worst? We're tackling a pretty important philosophical issue here. Fact A: Aisha is still the worst. Fact B: Valerie is also the worst, they are on the same level of awfulness.

To avoid the elephant in the room, which is that terrifying ending that still leaves me super shocked, let me talk about the other revelations of this part really quick. So, first of all, Gwendis is powerful. Super powerful, even without giving in to the temptation and apparently so much better than Valerie without even trying. Well, we all know she's better because she is awesome and Valerie is literally the opposite, but she also broke free of this mind control, apparently even on her own. Now, part of this can be assumed to be thanks to the Great Other, actually. Valerie channels his power into her magic, so she probably cannot do what he doesn't want. Now, I only hope Gwen can get rid of this power, because she doesn't need it to be amazing. More than that, if it cannot be used for good (and I hope there is a way to somehow do it), she has to get rid of it if she wants to have any chance at this ending well for her. I don't know if there can be a way for her to use this power for good, I definitely hope so and if there's anyone who knows such a thing, we know they are on their way.

Now, the talk between Gwen and Trentan has been sweet. Legitimately sweet and this makes what happens afterwards all the worse. But I try to avoid talking about it for as long as possible. Trentan has come a long way from that jerk he has been in the beginning and learning more of his dreams has really helped a lot with not only making him Gwen's companion and only true ally in this, but also in making me legitimately care for him. If only things could have stayed that way, oh my god D:

In fact, and now I gotta say this, I never really thought Trentan would die. No, I had the theory he was meant to be a sacrifice, but I actually thought his chances to be better than Gwen's (and to be fair, up until this part, I thought her chances were pretty good). So, this shocked me. I am not even sure how to put into words the feeling I had when reading about Trentan's death, but it was by far the most shocking scene in the story so far. Pretty much the only thing I can say about it that would sound like praise is that I had the most amazing image in my head while reading this, but beyond that, I am crushed. This is... I don't even know, this is definitely the darkest moment in Gwendis' storyline. Forget what I said before. I wasn't scared for her before, I just thought I was. Now I do know how true fear feels and that is a different level entirely. And Trentan, oh god, the one who deserved his fate the least. I knew he was supposed to be a sacrifice, but Valerie taking matters into her own hands and all of it happening so suddenly, following after that sweet talk, that made it all the worse.

And whatever happened at the very end, that cannot be good. We avoided this for the longest time and now Gwen was ultimately forced to participate in one of these dark rituals. I don't know what kind of an effect this will have on her, but since it was what Aisha wanted from her before, I can only imagine it will strengthen her connection to the Great Other. My entire hope is grounded in the belief that there is a difference between doing it willingly and being forced to do it, that someone with enough empathy, such as Desi, will realize this and find some way to undo whatever Valerie forced upon her here. Truth be told though, since we never gave in before (definitely a good thing), we don't know what happened there, what Valerie did and what kind of an effect it will have on Gwendis, but the ending implied some sort control Valerie has over her now, at least in a very limited way. I can only hope there is enough willpower left that she won't become a threat to Desi, because that, for certain, can only end with her death. We did what we could, but the decision over her own fate has been taken out of Gwen's hands now. It is up to Dalia and Desi and Kris now.

However, may I bring up a thought? Something outrageous, sacrilegous even and I feel wholeheartedly terrible for even just implying it. I think this part has been a major shake up of the status quo in Gwendis' storyline and not only because her only friend and ally has been killed. But as I said above, Valerie has been worse than Aisha in this part. In fact, there is actually something good I can see out of this. See, I never really bought Aisha being genuinely fond of Trentan. She always intended for him to be a sacrifice, never had any sort of feelings or attachement to him and is ultimately probably happy that he is gone. She's just a wholeheartedly terrible piece of shit like that. However, what she is definitely not happy about is that Valerie did it. Valerie usurped her authority, even commanded Wesley and is now effectively the one in charge. She took control, over Wesley, over Trentan's fate, over Gwendis' will and she did it all without even consulting Aisha. I know it sounds weird, but I believe her surprise. She did not expect this and is probably even shocked, in her own way, but not because Trentan is dead, but because she has been reduced from the evil mastermind to essentially a pawn, and given that she is neither in control of the mission, nor the main brute, nor has Gwendis' still vaguely defined powers, she is definitely the most expendable person in these plans right now. I'm obviously not rotten to the core evil, so I cannot even fathom how such a person thinks, but I'm trying and I believe there is no way Aisha is happy with this development. In fact, she might be concerned that she could be the next to fall to Valerie's unrivaled hunger for power. She's ultimately just going to be in the way and I guess if she truly is as cunning as she always made herself appear to be, and not as brain-damaged as I would like to see her, she will eventually reach this conclusion. And that is, as weird as it sounds, something that gives me hope for Gwen. See, at this point I couldn't care less for Aisha. I'm all kinds of done with her bullshit, the field in which I grow my fucks to give is barren. She is the worst, but she is no longer the main threat. In a way, this part did something tremendously well (besides being scarily well written and intense) and that is, in a meta sense, that it made me stop seeing Aisha as the biggest threat to Gwendis and therefore made my hatred for her, while not smaller in any way, less burning. She is no longer important for the immediate goal, Gwen's life and well-being, so at this very moment, I am capable of seeing her a bit more nuanced than before. Obviously, she is evil incarnate, but so is Valerie and two of these together, that is like having two alphas in one pack. By now, Aisha should think of her survival and how to reclaim what she lost in this part and this might make her actually useful to Gwendis' well-being for once. Because if she ends up confronting Valerie over their respective places in this mission, the resulting conflict could give Gwen a way to escape. Because if both fight, for control over Wesley, for control over each other, they might for a moment ignore Gwen, allowing her to regain control over her own fate. In a way, and definitely against her intentions, Aisha could do some good for once, if only out of her lifelong goal to become the worst.

Am I crazy for putting some of my hopes into Aisha? Perhaps, but this whole storyline is so unpredictable that I have to put hopes into literally any direction. Of course, my main hopes lie with Desi, especially now that Gwen probably can do nothing but have the same hope, that those who are about to confront Team Awful will end up seeing her for whom she truly is. But by now, as weird as it sounds, Aisha cannot reasonably consider herself an ally of Valerie and in the oddest and probably most ridiculous way possible, this means she could have a positive effect on Gwendis' survival, regardless if she wants it or not. It doesn't matter what she wants, as long as she does not submit to Valerie. Some kind of a civil war among her enemies is exactly what Gwen needs right now.

If anything, this part has made me only more dedicated to bring Gwen through this alive, if it would even be possible for me to be more dedicated to this. Trentan was ultimately sacrificed for nothing, for Valerie's insane hunger for power and for Aisha's indecisiveness. They are responsible for that, they will pay in time. But Gwendis, while unable to give his ultimately senseless death some meaning, can live up to what he taught her. She can and she must give his life a meaning by living hers as long and as happy as possible and by looking out for people like him, the smallfolk. I mean, she always cared for them, but I think Trentan showed her what it truly means to care for the poor and because of that, he already had more of an effect than Aisha and Valerie. They do not matter, but he did and through his support for as long as he was capable of giving it, he already had what I believe to be an important part in her regaining her freedom. The rest is up to Desi, up to Dalia and Kris and if we truly picked the best options for her so far, also up to Gwen herself. He'll never manage to open his bakery, but who knows, maybe if Gwendis defies these awful Great Other shits and anyone else that tries to push her down, someone else can do it one day thanks to her. She is still alive, she still has a chance to get out of this unharmed and as much as my hopes have been darkened by genuine fear, this part has also given me absolute dedication to find the right choice to have her succeed here.

Naemon After executing Karsan Taller, Prince Naemon buried the fallen rebel leader to a nameless grave in the woods with the help of Davo

• Wow......... Well first off, I have to say that I enjoy Naemon's part immensely. Killing Karsan was undeniably a massive step in the character development for him and like Malcolm said in the part, sometimes there is only one rightful outcome in choices like this even if it is hard. I will also like to mention how much I enjoyed Naemon and Malcolm's conversations throughout Naemon's storyline and this one right here I can probably say is one of if not my favorite. They have definitely turned out to be good friends it seems and plus Malcolm got show more of that confidence he has as well which while he does not go more to the arrogant side like Jamison does, he definitely is pretty confident in who he is which definitely shows here. And Alester. Man I really like how he has turned out to be the lord or commander for the common man so to say with how he doesn't ask anything of his men that he wouldn't do himself and his speeches have a way of getting his men hyped along with myself when I read it :D With all of this said I am thinking it is best for Naemon to go ahead and [Ride straight to Blackmont] While I know I will be missing out on more Naemon interaction with Alester and Malcolm, at least in my mind, Naemon's whole storyline has revolved around him stepping up to the plate in his role within the Kingdom of Blackmont and I believe that we have succeeded in picking the right choices for that so far and I believe this choice will perfect for the path we have sent him down. Naemon is the future of Blackmont and he needs to be there whenever trouble comes and while he clearly does not feel anything for his father, I imagine Naemon feels it is his duty to figure out the next step in regards to his kingdom's future

Now Gwendis..... man I wasn't expecting this at all. Liquid has covered this and there really isn't much for me to add but I will say that Trentan's death actually hit way harder than I thought it would. I'll admit when he first appeared, I was not really a fan, far from it in fact but seeing how he has grown over the story and the optimism that he had carried throughout only to be die like this definitely makes me feel bad for him. I knew he was way over his head in this situation but I figured he still had a chance but it clearly wasn't to be. With this said, Liquid brought up a great point in that I feel like a power struggle between Aisha and Valerie very well may happen which would only help Team R'hllor's chances in succeeding in their task. With all of this said, it sucks with what's happened to Trentan and now we have even more incentive for Team GO to pay. With all of this said, great job taking us on a wild ride in these two parts Wildling!

Naemon After executing Karsan Taller, Prince Naemon buried the fallen rebel leader to a nameless grave in the woods with the help of Davo

• [Ride straight to Blackmont] Naemon has to be there, otherwise his father could make a terrible decision.

God damn it! Trentan, you were going so well, but you had to raise a Death Flag just like that. Now things are looking very grim for everyone involved, and the clash of ice and fire is about to begin.

• [Stay with the troops]

Now, lately I usually just vote without much of a comment on the part and the vote, but this Gwendis part man... Wow, it shocked me so much that I simply feel the urge to write something but on the other hand it left me speechless. Poor Trentan, he was such a nice guy in his heart, even though he was a jerk in the beggining. And yeah, Valerie, she is officially my most hated character in the story, with Aisha and Mordekhai being close behind. I'm definately team red now, and I'm glad we took Kris and Dalia now, even though I originally voted against that. My feelings towards this great other thing had changed quite a bit over time. From original annoyance by choice to go with Aisha winning in the first place and me wanting to spice up things by sometimes voting for pro-great other stuff, to wanting Gwendis and Trentan absolutely get away from it but also wanting R'hllor and Great other followers to kill each other, to now being fully team R'hllor. While I still generaly dislike followers of R'hllor (thank good old Melisandre for that) now I know who I dislike more.

• Wow, I certainly expected a long response from you to this part, but you've certainly gone above and beyond here :D Anyway, I should probably comment on some of your thoughts here at least...

Now... just, I can't even, I'm literally speechless. Good thing I can still type, but oh man, I'm shaking a bit, that was intense. And that was also by far the last thing I expected. Let me start at the beginning, that is probably the best. So, there is one important detail about this part and I feel disgusted at myself for even implying it, but Aisha was not the worst in this part. For once, she managed to be out-worsed by someone else. Don't get me wrong, she is the worst in the grand scale of things, if only because every single bad thing that happened, happens and will happen in this storyline can be traced back to her being absolutely awful and starting this mess to begin with. But Valerie easily overshadowed her here and I am not okay with it. If Aisha is the worst for life, what is Valerie then? How can something be worse than the worst? We're tackling a pretty important philosophical issue here. Fact A: Aisha is still the worst. Fact B: Valerie is also the worst, they are on the same level of awfulness.

Hm, the reaction to this part has been interesting to me, because I kind of had a feeling that Trentan's death was too obvious to really catch anyone off guard. That said, I am glad to be proven wrong, because this moment most certainly is meant to be very impactful and shocking. And yeah, I've known for such a long time that eventually Valerie would at least challenge Aisha as your most hated character, and now we are finally here :D Anyway, a couple parts still left in this storyline for you to make up your mind on which one is officially the worst :p

In fact, and now I gotta say this, I never really thought Trentan would die. No, I had the theory he was meant to be a sacrifice, but I actually thought his chances to be better than Gwen's (and to be fair, up until this part, I thought her chances were pretty good). So, this shocked me. I am not even sure how to put into words the feeling I had when reading about Trentan's death, but it was by far the most shocking scene in the story so far. Pretty much the only thing I can say about it that would sound like praise is that I had the most amazing image in my head while reading this, but beyond that, I am crushed. This is... I don't even know, this is definitely the darkest moment in Gwendis' storyline. Forget what I said before. I wasn't scared for her before, I just thought I was. Now I do know how true fear feels and that is a different level entirely. And Trentan, oh god, the one who deserved his fate the least. I knew he was supposed to be a sacrifice, but Valerie taking matters into her own hands and all of it happening so suddenly, following after that sweet talk, that made it all the worse.

Yeah, as I said I had a feeling Trentan's death was predictable, and clearly you had at least caught the hints towards him possibly being sacrificed. And I didn't really even think about it while writing, but I think you're right, this probably is the most shocking scene in NW so far, as well as the most tragic character death. We'll have to see if anything can top it in the parts left in Book 1. And among other things this part was meant to raise the stakes and tension for the upcoming confrontation, and clearly it worked ;)

Oh my god, what the hell did just happen? This is easily the most speechless I have ever been after reading a part of this story and I gotta

• edited January 2018

Wow, I certainly expected a long response from you to this part, but you've certainly gone above and beyond here :D Anyway, I should probably comment on some of your thoughts here at least...

Haha, I just had to write this comment XD It wasn't even the longest I ever wrote, I think. There was one in an earlier Gwendis part where I managed to have an even longer comment, but don't ask me which one it was.

Hm, the reaction to this part has been interesting to me, because I kind of had a feeling that Trentan's death was too obvious to really catch anyone off guard. That said, I am glad to be proven wrong, because this moment most certainly is meant to be very impactful and shocking. And yeah, I've known for such a long time that eventually Valerie would at least challenge Aisha as your most hated character, and now we are finally here :D Anyway, a couple parts still left in this storyline for you to make up your mind on which one is officially the worst :p

I really didn't consider it to be all that obvious. I mean, I caught up to his purpose in Aisha's plan pretty early on, but I actually thought his chances would be better due to that. It was always just Gwen I was concerned of, I had this mad hope that Aisha would at least try to find some other purpose for him. Turns out, she didn't even try and she proved again that there's not a single soul she cares for but her own, that selfish bitch. Valerie did manage to be somehow worse in this part though and I am not sure how to feel about this. If there is anyone who can be a serious contender to the worst person in all Westeros, it's her. Don't get me wrong, I doubt I will ever say anything about Aisha that is not absolutely hateful, but Valerie deserves at least the same treatment. Damn, what are the chances that Gwen manages to be in the same storyline as the two most despicable human beings alive? And Wesley of course, who is only borderline a human being at all. A couple parts left, this sounds so utterly final. I hope it means Gwen can leave this mess behind and work on something else than just staying alive again, you know, rebuilding her life, finding actual happiness, things going her way for once. You know me though, my fears go into a different direction entirely and this is legitimately horrifying. That being said though, while Aisha is still the worst, she is no longer alone at the top, as Valerie easily reached her levels here. Though, I had some time to think and I believe this rivalry that might come up between her and Valerie can be good for Gwendis. Aisha only needs to hate Valerie more than she wants to ruin Gwen. At the very moment, as weird as it sounds, I consider her more a neutral factor than a true opponent and that is not because she got better, but because the entire situation got so much worse. If she hates Valerie enough, I could even end up seeing her outright helping Gwen to spite the woman who just usurped her role and pretty much stole all the glory that should be hers. I know Aisha, she's a selfish, cold-hearted bitch, a shrieking madwoman and probably the single most hateful being in the story, but I actually believe she has a strong desire to prove herself to her god. Valerie taking this from her and potentially even harming someone she considers important for the Great Other, that could be all she needs to end up being more help than hindrance to the goal of bringing Gwen through this chapter alive and well. It's like trusting in Godzilla to help against the even bigger monster, a desperate move but with Trentan's death, Gwen is running out of options. Between Valerie, Wesley and Aisha, the latter still is the one I'd consider the most likely to at least not stand in her way when she makes her escape. My only problem is that she is clearly just as sadistic than Valerie, so it might be equally likely that she just joins in with the torment. It all narrows down to how much she truly hates Gwen and how much she truly hates Valerie. She can obviously never be bothered to do the right thing out of any sort of morality, but maybe, just maybe, there's hope her hatred for Valerie will prove stronger than the sadistic pleasure she takes in breaking Gwendis. There's a certain type of evil who is just as likely to turn against other evil than against the good and Aisha gives me such vibes. We'll see, I predict in advance that the next part will be a big one for her. Don't get me wrong, I want her to get utterly slaughtered, but if she can play a role in saving poor Gwen, I might actually be fine with her getting away as well. My hope for that is slim, but that is mostly because my hope is slim in general after this super dark part.

Yeah, as I said I had a feeling Trentan's death was predictable, and clearly you had at least caught the hints towards him possibly being sacrificed. And I didn't really even think about it while writing, but I think you're right, this probably is the most shocking scene in NW so far, as well as the most tragic character death. We'll have to see if anything can top it in the parts left in Book 1. And among other things this part was meant to raise the stakes and tension for the upcoming confrontation, and clearly it worked ;)

The hints have been there, but I always thought it would be Aisha who'd do it. It was always her goal, right? I had the hopes that Trentan could end up having a positive influence on Gwen's possible survival though, now I fear I was wrong and that other factors will tie in stronger. And if there's one thing I am certain about, it is that we chose correctly when it comes to Trentan, whereas every other choice leaves me with stronger doubt, most notably the dreaded one that began this entire madness. It was the most tragic moment in the story so far and while I don't doubt you can make things even more tragic, I hope at least Gwen will be spared any further tragedies so quickly afterwards. What she's been through already can be traumatic to the point of needing a long time to just recover. I mean, having her friend slaughtered and then being forced to drink his blood? Jeez, fucking Valerie! Aisha wasn't less fucked in the head, but at least she seems to have a goal in her evil deeds, whereas Valerie seems to pursue nothing but destruction. But well, raising the stakes? Damn it, they are already way too high for my poor nerves! I am tensed up more than enough, let me assure you of that, so I'd say your goals for this part worked better than they even had to :D

Wow, I certainly expected a long response from you to this part, but you've certainly gone above and beyond here Anyway, I should probably

• Well first off, I have to say that I enjoy Naemon's part immensely. Killing Karsan was undeniably a massive step in the character development for him and like Malcolm said in the part, sometimes there is only one rightful outcome in choices like this even if it is hard. I will also like to mention how much I enjoyed Naemon and Malcolm's conversations throughout Naemon's storyline and this one right here I can probably say is one of if not my favorite. They have definitely turned out to be good friends it seems and plus Malcolm got show more of that confidence he has as well which while he does not go more to the arrogant side like Jamison does, he definitely is pretty confident in who he is which definitely shows here. And Alester. Man I really like how he has turned out to be the lord or commander for the common man so to say with how he doesn't ask anything of his men that he wouldn't do himself and his speeches have a way of getting his men hyped along with myself when I read it :D

Always a pleasure to hear that you liked the part! And even more so I'm always happy to hear that I've managed to portray your characters in a way that pleases you :) Malcolm definitely has a bit more subtle personality than Jamison, which makes it a bit more challenging to write defining character moments for him. That said, I do feel like I've managed to establish his character pretty well over the course of Book 1, and Book 2 will sure build upon it and give him more development. As for Alester, he's always a joy to write, and should also be getting a bigger role in the next book ;)

Now Gwendis..... man I wasn't expecting this at all. Liquid has covered this and there really isn't much for me to add but I will say that Trentan's death actually hit way harder than I thought it would. I'll admit when he first appeared, I was not really a fan, far from it in fact but seeing how he has grown over the story and the optimism that he had carried throughout only to be die like this definitely makes me feel bad for him. I knew he was way over his head in this situation but I figured he still had a chance but it clearly wasn't to be. With this said, Liquid brought up a great point in that I feel like a power struggle between Aisha and Valerie very well may happen which would only help Team R'hllor's chances in succeeding in their task. With all of this said, it sucks with what's happened to Trentan and now we have even more incentive for Team GO to pay. With all of this said, great job taking us on a wild ride in these two parts Wildling!

Hehe, while I suspected that people would see Trentan's death coming from a mile away, I'm kinda glad I was wrong and managed to surprise you all with this twist :D And it's a good thing I managed to give Trentan as much development as I did since his initial introduction, because without that development this part wouldn't have had any real emotional punch to it. And thanks to you and all the other readers for sticking along and sharing your thoughts after every part! I would've never had the patience for writing this story for this long if it wasn't for you guys :)

CM3434 posted: »

Wow......... Well first off, I have to say that I enjoy Naemon's part immensely. Killing Karsan was undeniably a massive step in the charact

• edited January 2018

Always a pleasure to hear that you liked the part! And even more so I'm always happy to hear that I've managed to portray your characters in a way that pleases you :) Malcolm definitely has a bit more subtle personality than Jamison, which makes it a bit more challenging to write defining character moments for him. That said, I do feel like I've managed to establish his character pretty well over the course of Book 1, and Book 2 will sure build upon it and give him more development. As for Alester, he's always a joy to write, and should also be getting a bigger role in the next book ;)

Indeed, you have done an excellent job portraying the characters I have submitted! I imagine writing reader submitted characters would be a very difficult thing to do considering you don't have just my characters but every reader's characters as well plus many other factors i'm sure so I am definitely willing to give credit when its' due :) With Malcolm, his personality definitely differs from Jamison and admittedly after submitting him, I worried that I may have made him a bit boring on the surface at least compared to Jamison. I have very much enjoyed Malcolm in the story every step of the way and you definitely understand exactly what I was going for with him! I am definitely excited to see Malcolm's role moving forward and of course, Alester is always fun to see in the story with him making an impact whenever he appears and while I think I have an idea of what his role will be, I will avoid saying for now since I also think i'm way off with my guess :D With that said, I definitely am excited to see Alester's role moving forward :)

Hehe, while I suspected that people would see Trentan's death coming from a mile away, I'm kinda glad I was wrong and managed to surprise you all with this twist :D And it's a good thing I managed to give Trentan as much development as I did since his initial introduction, because without that development this part wouldn't have had any real emotional punch to it. And thanks to you and all the other readers for sticking along and sharing your thoughts after every part! I would've never had the patience for writing this story for this long if it wasn't for you guys :)

Haha well in hindsight, I definitely see that was where it was leading now but it really was an excellent twist and one I didn't see coming at all when I was reading it :D With Trentan, he actually made a massive turnaround for me with myself being really close to having Lyla kill him when that choice came up :D Of course he ended up dying a far more gruesome death than he would have with Lyla but I do believe saving Trentan when we did helped Gwendis immensely with her gaining a more first hand knowledge of the smallfolk to where if she is able to make back to Blackmont, she will have experience which will only help her and saving him gave us more of a attachment to his character as well. Trentan's death is arguably the saddest death up to this point and it definitely packed that emotional punch. You're very welcome Wildling and I am happy to hear you enjoy reading our thoughts! I have been lucky enough to have followed Nymeria's War from the very beginning and it is safe to say all of the readers here are glad that you have decided to stick with this story as well! Without a doubt, I know I am definitely looking forward to reading this story all the way through to the end :)

Well first off, I have to say that I enjoy Naemon's part immensely. Killing Karsan was undeniably a massive step in the character developmen

• Now, lately I usually just vote without much of a comment on the part and the vote, but this Gwendis part man... Wow, it shocked me so much that I simply feel the urge to write something but on the other hand it left me speechless. Poor Trentan, he was such a nice guy in his heart, even though he was a jerk in the beggining. And yeah, Valerie, she is officially my most hated character in the story, with Aisha and Mordekhai being close behind. I'm definately team red now, and I'm glad we took Kris and Dalia now, even though I originally voted against that. My feelings towards this great other thing had changed quite a bit over time. From original annoyance by choice to go with Aisha winning in the first place and me wanting to spice up things by sometimes voting for pro-great other stuff, to wanting Gwendis and Trentan absolutely get away from it but also wanting R'hllor and Great other followers to kill each other, to now being fully team R'hllor. While I still generaly dislike followers of R'hllor (thank good old Melisandre for that) now I know who I dislike more.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the part, it's always appreciated! :) And while it was hard to bring myself to write this twist, I'm really glad to see it had the intended effect of being shocking and surprising. It's also been nice to see people's opinions evolving when it comes to Trentan. The poor guy really chose the wrong people to follow, but at least he made this journey easier for Gwendis. And yeah, as much as team R'hllor aren't exactly saints themselves, it's hard to deny that in this storyline they definitely are the "good guys" =)

[Stay with the troops] Now, lately I usually just vote without much of a comment on the part and the vote, but this Gwendis part man... W

• [Ride straight to Blackmont]
    Poor Trentan. Aisha got speechless as far as I can tell. I hope she will carve Valerie's eyes for what she did.

• [Ride straight to Blackmont]
    It's official, Valerie is now the character I hate the most, in this story. Aisha's not much better, since apparently, she was planning to do this herself from the get go. I did enjoy the friendship that Trentan and Gwendis developed. Anyways, I was sincerely hoping that Trentan could have made it out with Gwendis, but I had a feeling this would be his fate ever since I read about Gwendis's vision of the blood soaked tree during the final confrontation. I just hope his death won't be for nothing and Valerie and rest of Team Go won't get away with this. I'm guessing there was no way we could have saved him in this storyline. Perhaps, Desi and team Rholler could revive him! I know, I know, wishful thinking.....

• Voting is closed!

And Naemon will ride straight to Blackmont. I must say I am glad that this choice won, because even though we will miss some extra interactions between Naemon, Malcolm and Alester, this gives me the opportunity to write more interaction between Naemon and Benedict! =)

Anyway, next up we will return to Godsgrace. I'm pretty sure no recap is needed here, the battle should be pretty fresh in everyone's mind still. And the parts are already done, so I'll be posting them right away :)

• edited January 2018

Nealia

The water of Torrentine glimmered brightly under the summer sun, and Nealia tipped her toes carefully into the water. It was cold, but she rushed in nonetheless, diving under the surface with a splash. Sinking down, she let the current drift her away, feeling free and at peace. As she finally emerged on the surface again, the sun made her squint her eyes. Turning to look towards the shore, she saw a familiar figure.

"Mother", Nealia said quietly, tears suddenly welling up in her eyes. She waded towards the shore with haste, the water splashing as she fell on her knees to the sand. Her mother stood in front of her, dressed in white and looking as beautiful as an angel. She offered her hand for Nealia. "Stay or go. It is your choice, my sweet daughter", she spoke with faint words that echoed in the air. Tears ran down Nealia's cheeks. I've heard these words before. The sun behind her mother shined brighter and brighter, slowly blinding Nealia. Then everything turned to black, and Nealia felt like she was floating in nothingness, only distant voices from somewhere far away accomppanying her. Then she started feeling pain.

Opening her eyes, Nealia saw a rough and cracked sandstone ceiling above her. She was lying in a bed, and there was an empty wooden chair next to it. A stinging pain on her lower abdomen made her move her right hand there, feeling a linen bandage over where she had been stabbed. Turning her head to the right, she saw a small window, from which the sun shined into the relatively small room. The sounds of the city could be heard from outside.

A painful cough from somewhere close shifted Nealia's attention away from the window, and she noticed there were also two other beds in the room, and in them were laying two injured men whom Nealia didn't recognize. She attempted to raise herself to a sitting position, but the pain quickly made her give up and collapse back onto her back. Letting out a sigh, she laid there silently, and the memories of the battle started to come back to her mind. With these memories came also a flood of questions. Was Lien alive? What about Ying and Manda? What would happen next? There was nothing Nealia wanted more than to get up from the bed and find all the answers, but she simply didn't have the strength to do it right now.

Then, after she had been awake for several minutes, the door was opened. In walked a young Rhoynar lady dressed in a modest cotton dress, which was stained with dried blood. Noticing that Nealia was awake, she immediately approached her, and sat down next to her. "Oh, you've finally woken up", she spoke, her voice thin and friendly. "How are you feeling?"

"Who are you?" Nealia asked weakly, frowning as she looked at the girl. "My name is Myrana," she answered calmly, while casually checking that Nealia's wound hadn't reopened. "I was told your name is Nealia... oh, that reminds me," Myrana mumbled, starting to search something from her knapsack. "Here it is", she said, pulling out a small vial. "The maester told me to give you this once you wake up."

"Milk of the poppy?" Nealia asked quietly, eyeing at the white liquid inside the vial. "A mild concoction, to ease the pain", Myrana explained as she handed the vial to Nealia. "Drink it all", she added with a smile, and Nealia did just that. As she handed the empty vial back, Myrana stood up. "You'd probably like to see your friend now that you're awake?" She asked, and Nealia nodded wordlessly, wondering whom exactly did the girl mean. Nonetheless, Myrana walked out of the room, skipping lightly as she went.

Nealia raised to a sitting position now, feeling the medicine already dampening the pain. She let out a sigh as she sat there in silence, memories of the battle flashing through her head. I could've died, she thought, and she wasn't sure how to feel about it. Nealia didn't think she had ever really feared death, but she had also never been this close to it before. It would've been a shame, dying so far away from home, fighting for a foreign conqueror.

Suddenly the door was opened again, and this time in walked Manda Za. The Summer Islander sat next to Nealia's bed, a calm expression on her face. There was small bruise on her forehead that was already fading, but otherwise Manda looked to be in perfectly good shape. "Good to see you awake", she said with a relieved tone, and Nealia nodded.

"Good to be awake", she said weakly, to which Manda chuckled warmly. "Are you sure?" She asked with a small smirk. "You look like you're in pain."

"I do? Would've never guessed", Nealia jested, and they both let out a small laugh. A short silence followed, until Nealia spoke up again. "I was sure I would die", she said grimly, and Manda nodded. "I was too", she admitted nonchalantly. "But I carried you out of the battlefield anyway, and took you to the healers immediately, in my heart a tiny bit of hope that they'd be able to rescue you. And there you are. Looks like the world is not done with you yet."

"So, I owe you my life", Nealia stated quietly, looking Manda to the eyes. Manda turned her eyes down and gulped subtly. "You are not indebted to me, Nealia, I only did what any friend would've", she responded humbly.

"Nonetheless, thank you", Nealia said with a sincere tone, and Manda nodded with a shy smile. "By the way, is Lien alright?" Nealia then asked nervously, and Manda let out a small sigh. "Determine alright", she replied, and Nealia raised her eyebrow in an alarmed manner, but Manda raised her hand to calm her down. "She is alive, if that's what you're asking", she clarified. "Got trampled during the cavalry charge, her left leg is busted."

"Is she... crippled?" Nealia asked carefully, and Manda shrugged. "Perhaps not permanently, but it will take months before she can even walk without support, and probably years before she can use her leg like before. In worst case, it'll never fully recover."

Nealia let out a frustrated sigh, feeling bad for Lien. "Ying sat by her sister's bed through the night. I found her sleeping on the chair this morning", Manda said, a touch of admiration in her words. "Family looks after one another", Nealia said quietly, thinking back to her own family in Starfall and wondering if Jamison would've been as protective of her as Ying was of Lien. Manda stayed quiet, turning her gaze down for a moment.

"What about Tryden?" Nealia then asked, remembering that Broden had died in the battle. Manda shifted her gaze back up, raising an eyebrow. "What about Tryden?" She repeated dryly.

"Just... Where is he?" Nealia asked, and Manda chuckled quietly. "In the castle, claiming our reward from Nymeria", she started with a sigh. "You wouldn't want to be around him right now though, he is in a foul mood to say the least. The Rose Company lost a lot of warriors during the battle. There's twenty of us left alive, and only about a dozen are in any condition to fight. And that's counting Fenn, Sarina and Edric Thorne, whom decided to join the company after the battle."

"What does he plan to do next?" Nealia asked curiously, and Manda shrugged. "I imagine he'll keep working for Princess Nymeria", she said nonchalantly. "I mean, it's not like he has much choice for now. Anyway, do you feel like you are in good enough condition to go for a little walk?" Manda asked. Nealia shrugged, and proceeded to move her legs out of the bed. She lowered them on the wooden floor, and started to slowly add more weight to them. Then, she carefully stood up, keeping her hand constantly on the wound in case it would reopen. With just a little sting of pain, she managed to get up on her feet. "Aye, but it has to be a very little walk", she then said with a sigh, to which Manda nodded with an understanding smile on her face.

"I was thinking I could offer you something to eat and drink, you must be starving", she said calmly, taking in a deep breath. "However, we could also go see Lien, if you'd prefer that. She's in the house across the road."

Nealia gulped, considering her choice carefully. Lien had to be absolutely crushed right now, and it would be heart breaking to see her in that state. Nealia had never seen herself as being very good at comforting, and it's not like she was in that good of a shape herself right now. But perhaps I should at least try.

[Go to eat and drink] [Go to see Lien]

-

Nymeria

Nymeria sat behind the long table in the audience chamber of Godsgrace, Mors sitting by her side. Their royal guards stood behind them, all except Ser Arnol who had fallen in the battle, and of course Farrah and Landar who had remained in Sandship.

Next to Mors sat Lady Esperence, a satisfied smirk stuck on her face. General Varyn sat next to Nymeria, stern as always, and next to him was the spymaster Edd Prally. Down by the doors were Ser Benjamin Told, Cason Bloodspill, Emmet Allyrion and Maester Fabian. The maester stepped forward, bowing deeply for them. "Your Grace, all the bodies have now been cleaned from the battlefield", he started, taking in a deep breath. "There was a mass grave dug for the soldiers, but Lord Jorvian's body remains at my quarters."

"Good", Nymeria said nonchalantly. "I want the remains of Lord Gargalen to be delivered back to Salt Shore, where he can be buried next to his ancestors. So, make sure to take good care of that body."

"As you wish, Your Grace", the maester responded with a humble tone, glancing towards the door. "If it pleases Your Grace, there are several men outside waiting for your audience."

"Doesn't much please me, but I'd like to be done with it sooner rather than later", Nymeria replied with a small chuckle, gesturing for Fabian to open the door. "Bring the first one in", she commanded calmly. The maester obeyed, opening the door and bringing in the sellsword leader Tryden Flowers. He had a swollen black and blue bruise around his left eye, as well as a small fresh cut above his right brow. The man had a stern and joyless expression on his face, which made him look quite intimidating.

"Tryden Flowers", Mors greeted the man warmly, to which Tryden just nodded. "I've come for my reward", he said bluntly, and now Nymeria nodded. "Ser Benjamin", she said, and the knight immediately walked to fetch a small chest from the side of the room. He carried it and laid it down in front of Tryden, opening it and revealing the gold inside. Tryden lowered himself to examine his price, grabbing few of the coins to his hands. Then he closed the chest and raised it to his hands, and while his expression had softened slightly, he still wasn't smiling.

"I would've offered to knight you as well, for your valiant efforts in defending the bridge, but Edd has told me you would refuse that reward", Nymeria spoke with a calm tone. "Is he correct?"

"Aye", Tryden confirmed sternly. "I am not a knight, and I will not be one. Besides, for you to knight me I would have to kneel in front of you, which would imply allegiance. Fuck that, I'll keep my freedom."

"I would not make you a slave, Tryden Flowers, just a knight", Nymeria remarked with a lighthearted tone, but Tryden didn't seem amused. "Neither gets paid", he said coldly. "Anyway, I have recruitment to do. Am I free to leave?"

"You are free to leave", Nymeria said with a nod, narrowing her eyes as she gazed at Tryden. "Though I hope you will at least consider continuing this partnership between us." Tryden nodded to her words silently, not revealing what he thought of them, and then turned to walk out of the room with his newly acquired gold.

"Next one", Nymeria commanded nonchalantly, and Maester Fabian quickly obeyed, this time bringing in a man whose hands were shackled. It was Harbert Uller, still dirty and tired from the battle and the night spent in the dungeon. Despite this, he had a confident smirk on his face as he entered the room and bowed to Nymeria. "Your Grace", he said with his deep and charismatic voice.

"Harbert Uller", Nymeria greeted the man calmly. "Did they not let you wash yourself?" She asked, and Harbert shook his head. "I'll make sure you'll be given the opportunity after this", Nymeria said with a smirk.

"Is that why you brought me here, princess?" Harbert asked with an amused tone, and Nymeria shook her head. "You are a valuable prisoner, Lord Harbert. We wanted to have a little discussion with you."

"I'm all ears, princess", Harbert replied, and Nymeria glanced at Mors, who then spoke up. "I've met your father before, Lord Harrion Uller", he started with a calm and friendly tone. "A good and honorable man, as I recall. He is in King Lucifer's council, is he not?"

"Aye, my father is Lucifer's most important vassal", Harbert answered lazily, and Mors nodded. "And what does your father think about King Lucifer?" He asked now, and a knowing smirk formed on Harbert's face. "You're wondering if you can turn him against Lucifer", he said quietly.

"We are considering that possibility", Mors admitted calmly. "And having you as our hostage could... make things easier."

"My father is a careful man, and patient", Harbert said, a sharp look in his eyes. "A quality I never inherited, though my brother Howar and firstborn son Desmond surely did. They have all been loyal to Lucifer, because they recognize his power, as well as the risks that opposing him would bring."

"And are you aware that your son Desmond has actually been in contact with my spies before?" Edd Prally suddenly asked, and Harbert shifted his attention to him. "It doesn't surprise me", he replied with a smirk. "Has he conspired with you?"

"Not exactly", Edd said with a small sigh. "In fact, we have never met. However, he has exchanged knowledge with my spies, whom have reported to me that he greatly dislikes King Lucifer."

"Aye, he does", Harbert confirmed calmly. "Desmond never saw Lucifer as a good king, and recently the old man went and betrothed the girl that Desmond had had his eyes on. He's remained in Hellholt ever since."

"And how many men does your son have under his command?" General Varyn now asked. Harbert stayed quiet for a moment, a pensive expression on his face. "About a hundred perhaps", he finally said with a shrug. "Though he could probably muster more in a relatively short time."

"I think your son could make a fine ally to us once we march to Brimstone", Nymeria stated nonchalantly, to which Harbert shrugged. "Perhaps. However, as I said, he is a careful and patient man", he said sharply. "If he isn't convinced that you're capable of crushing Lucifer, he will not join you. Same goes for my father."

"I think we'll be able to convince them", Nymeria said confidently. "Emmett, show Lord Harbert to the bathhouse", she then commanded, and with a dutiful nod Lady Esperence's younger brother escorted Harbert out of the room. "Bring the next one, Maester Fabian", Nymeria commanded with a bored tone.

This time the maester brought in Mizro the Sharp, his hands shackled as well. The sellsword leader didn't seem to be badly injured, though just like Harbert he looked dirty and tired. "Mizro the Sharp", Nymeria greeted the man calmly, and he nodded. "Your Grace", he responded unenthusiastically.

"You are the leader of the sellsword company Wild Suns, am I correct?" Nymeria asked in a polite and formal tone, and a sad smirk formed on Mizro's face. "No, actually, I don't think I am", he answered with a sullen tone, and Nymeria raised her eyebrow in confusion, until Mizro continued. "I mean I was, during the march from Vaith to here. Before that our leader was Dalia Sand, the bastard daughter of King Lucifer. And now... well, I'm sure Khazor has taken control of what is left."

"Khazor?" Nymeria repeated with a questioning tone, and Mizro nodded. "Khazor the Sarnori. He was the third-in-command after Dalia and myself, and he was among those who retreated. With him were captains Marduk and Yohn Redfort, and the rest are dead."

"And where do you think Khazor, Marduk and Yohn will go?" Varyn asked sternly, and Mizro shrugged. "I'm not sure, but I doubt they'll go to Lucifer. My guess is that they return to our ships, and sail back to Essos."

"And where are your ships?" Mors asked calmly. "We left them at Brimstone Well, with a couple dozen men to guard them", Mizro answered with a sigh.

"You mentioned Dalia Sand earlier", Edd Prally spoke up, and Mizro shifted his gaze to him. "Where might she be now? Or did she fell in the battle of Vaith?"

"No, she didn't", Mizro answered with a gulp, turning his gaze down and considering his next words for a moment. "She left with her daughter, Desirea, who also happens to be a red priestess... and my daughter as well. They were chasing some sorceress that worships a dark god, or something like that."

"Well, that is... quite intriguing", Edd said with a raised eyebrow, to which Mizro let out a joyless chuckle. "Look, I don't understand it any better than you do, so don't even bother asking more about it", he said with a tired tone, and for a moment the audience chamber remained silent.

"I have one more question for you, Mizro", Nymeria spoke up again, and Mizro shifted his attention to her. "Would you and your surviving troops be willing to join my cause?" The princess asked calmly. "Of course, you can expect to be paid well."

Nymeria could tell from the man's expression that this was a hard choice for him, and she guessed this was because of his connection to Dalia. "I... I cannot make this decision now", he finally managed to say with uncertainty in his words, and Nymeria nodded. "I understand", she simply responded, turning her gaze to the maester again. "That is all, bring the next one in, Maester Fabian", she commanded with a sigh.

After having escorted Mizro out of the room, the maester walked back with a tall and beautiful foreign woman, carrying a slim sabre on her back. She bowed to Nymeria, before speaking up. "Your highness, I am Jinora Ling, from the Island of Leeng", she introduced herself with a polite and serious tone.

"You have traveled a long way, Jinora of Leeng", Nymeria said softly, and Jinora nodded. "I have traveled to many places over the years with the White Elephant... he was like a brother to me. And yesterday he fell in battle." Though she clearly tried to hide it, Nymeria could spot the grief in the woman's words. "My deepest condolences", she said sincerely. "Is there anything I could do to help you?"

"Now that my dearest friend is dead, my travels are over", she said decisively. "I yearn for home."

"So, a voyage back to Leeng... I suppose that could be arranged", Nymeria said with a small sigh, but Jinora shook her head. "No, your highness, Leeng is no longer a home to me, I have been gone for too long", she said calmly, looking Nymeria to the eyes. "However, I've heard that you are building a new home here in Dorne for your people. I would like to pledge my sword to serve you, Princess Nymeria, and all I ask in return is to have a home here."

"Arranged", Nymeria said without hesitation, a smile on her face. And so, Jinora Ling kneeled and laid her sword on the floor, and swore her allegiance to Nymeria.

After this, the maester brought in a young and wiry knight, the sigil of House Toland embroidered onto the chest of his leather jerkin. "Your Grace", the knight spoke nervously, bowing as he approached them. "I am Ser Garibald of Sevengrace, sent here by Lord Tomas Toland."

"News from Ghost Hill?" Nymeria asked with an intrigued tone, and Garibald nodded. "Yes, Your Grace", he said with a subtle gulp. "Lord Tomas found an agent of King Yorick amongst his nephew's advisors, and got rid of him. He has also convinced Levor to put down his father's crown, and seize any plans of seeking vengeance against House Martell."

"Impressive", Nymeria complimented calmly. "And is Forovos still in Ghost Hill?" She then asked.

"Not to my knowledge", Garibald answered hesitantly. "Though I rode here straight from the Tor, so I cannot be sure."

"From the Tor?" Mors now spoke up with an intrigued tone. "The Jordayne's are vassals of King Yorick, what business did you have with them?"

"They invited Tomas, and I went with him", the young knight explained nervously, taking in a deep breath before continuing. "And that is why I am here now. Tomas sent me to tell you that we are in need of your help. From what he learned from Yorick's spy and our visit to the Tor, Tomas suspects that the Yronwood's are planning to invade the lands of House Toland. They have been offering alliance, and if we keep refusing, they will move on to other methods."

"This plea for help comes in a bad time", Nymeria stated with a sigh. "The war against the Dryland's is in a crucial state, and if we back away now, we give away our advantage. That said, it is also my duty to protect our vassals. However, Levor has not yet formally sworn his allegiance to me, which is a problem."

"If you help us now, I guarantee that Levor will kneel to you, my princess", Garibald assured, and Nymeria gave him a small nod, before turning to look at Mors and Varyn. "We cannot spare troops, but perhaps you could bring Lord Levor to Sandship", Varyn suggested. "There he would have the protection of House Martell, as well as the opportunity to swear his allegiance to Nymeria."

"And what of Ghost Hill?" Garibald asked with a frown. "What if it is captured by King Yorick while Levor is gone?"

"Then he won't be able to force Levor into submission, and we can gather our forces to take Ghost Hill back with the lead of its rightful lord", Varyn explained calmly. For a while the room fell silent, until Garibald spoke up again with a sigh. "Fine, I will suggest this to Tomas and Levor", he said with a defeated tone. "However, perhaps you could still give us at least some troops. Even something like fifty men could make a difference in defending the castle."

Nymeria glanced at Mors, who nodded subtly. Then she turned her gaze back to Garibald, having made up her mind.

[Send troops to Ghost Hill] [Don't send troops]

• [Go to see Lien] It will be good if they see each other after such a chaotic battle.
    [Send troops to Ghost Hill] A small force to be precise, and sending help will greatly increase House Toland's loyalty towards the Martell.
    The only one we don't know its fate is Valyrian Gauron, I hope he survived.

• Yeah, I should've probably made it more clear in the part, but it will indeed be a very small force that Nym sends to Ghost Hill (if that option wins).

And as for Gauron, I can confirm that he lives, and we'll learn more about his plans for the future pretty soon :)

Edinosaur23 posted: »

[Go to see Lien] It will be good if they see each other after such a chaotic battle. [Send troops to Ghost Hill] A small force to be precis

• [Go to see Lien] if Lien can't walk, let's walk to her. I am glad she survived.

[Send troops to Ghost Hill]

Nealia The water of Torrentine glimmered brightly under the summer sun, and Nealia tipped her toes carefully into the water. It was cold,

• [Go to eat and drink]
    [Send troops to Ghost Hill]

Nealia The water of Torrentine glimmered brightly under the summer sun, and Nealia tipped her toes carefully into the water. It was cold,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.