Questions for Telltale, Season 3 Wise

2»

Comments

• edited August 2009
    I'd like to see more around S+M's office, you know like the corridor that S+M have to go in, to get into their office.
    splash1 wrote: »
    I agree, with all of it! The outside of the Office, too, if you know what I mean.

Yeah I know what you mean, seeing more of Sam and Max's building would be a joy. :)
  • edited August 2009
    I want more of Max ripping out kidneys or such scenes of gratuitous violence....

what?
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2009
    A few things
    1. Stuckey's
    2. Sybil and Abe NOT in every episode
    3. Gratuitous senseless acts of violence
  • edited August 2009
    1. Reboot a bit. Trim characters and gags that have run out their course (Abe, Max being President, etc)

2. Overhaul the graphics. They weren't ambitious in 2006, but they look ancient now. I'd like to see it look as good as Tales of Monkey Island.

3. Forget the continuity. You'll lose people if you lean on Seasons 1 and 2 too much, and the Sam and Max comics never had any real continuity or recurring characters to begin with. Just start over relatively clean.

That's all I want.
  • edited August 2009
    Frogacuda wrote: »
    1. Reboot a bit. Trim characters and gags that have run out their course (Abe, Max being President, etc)

2. Overhaul the graphics. They weren't ambitious in 2006, but they look ancient now. I'd like to see it look as good as Tales of Monkey Island.

3. Forget the continuity. You'll lose people if you lean on Seasons 1 and 2 too much, and the Sam and Max comics never had any real continuity or recurring characters to begin with. Just start over relatively clean.

That's all I want.

Um, I want the opposite of all of that, except for the graphics.

Hopefully they'll make me happy instead and have self-refferential jokes galore, continue the excellent continuity that makes it so much fun to think of this as a growing/living series that keeps getting more rich and diverse, rather than resetting every episode (I hate things like that on e.g. The Simpsons where plot elements in one episode just don't matter in another).

I love all of the characters. Even the Soda Poppers, but it would be OK if I never saw them again because you do see them
    melt at the end of season 2

Things like Max being president can eventually change, like Barack Obama winning the next election or something. but for now I like it. It's weird, plus you might forget it and then suddenly they throw it back at you. Plus, we get more reasons for seeing Superball.
  • edited August 2009
    I agree with The Commissioner, except I'd hate for it to get so self referential that newcomers don't want to play it. Sam and Max themselves aren't the only reason I like the games.

Also, even though I think saying that the Max as president joke has run its course is like saying that the Sam and Max use big words and like breaking stuff jokes have run their course - even after a season and a half, there are so many possibilities - he can't stay president forever. I think I remember something about how he wasn't even supposed to be president in season 2.
  • edited August 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Also, even though I think saying that the Max as president joke has run its course is like saying that the Sam and Max use big words and like breaking stuff jokes have run their course - even after a season and a half, there are so many possibilities - he can't stay president forever. I think I remember something about how he wasn't even supposed to be president in season 2.

I agree with all of that, the big words although toned down in season 2, were getting annoying, and the president joke died from being exploited in Reality 2.0 and onwards...

jmm wrote: »
    2. Sybil and Abe NOT in every episode
    3. Gratuitous senseless acts of violence
    Agreed.

Also leaving the entire street for one episode, I know they did that with Chariots of the Dogs, but they still revisited Boscos and loads of other recyled locations. Have completely new locations, based on a totally new environment, like a different planet or swamp or something.

And I don't know about the rest of you, but I was getting pretty sick of walking up and down the street in season 2.

Season 1 was fine, because it looked like a street and all neat and that. But having Sybil's on the road in S2 and the whole mess next to S+M's office, just seemed...sloppy. I hope more creative thought is put into the street this next season.
  • edited August 2009
    I'd like to see the split conversations with Sam and Max from the first season. Like how your interigating Jimmy Two Teeth, and switch to Max. Why'd they get rid of that?

Maybe even a minigame where you switch from Sam to Flint.
  • edited August 2009
    You can choose Sam and Max's dialogue a couple in Ice Station Santa as well, when they're trying to make the elf cry and when Jimmy threatens to kill himself. But I don't remember it happening after that.
  • edited August 2009
    You sort of get to choose Max's dialogue in Night of the Raving Dead when they are doing the rapping contest with Jurgen.
  • edited September 2009
    Yeah, the dual dialogue trees between Sam and Max are always fun. I'd love to see more of that in Season 3.

I'd also love to see a highway surfing minigame. I know there was one in Hit the Road, but it was pretty lame (hurf durf avoid the signs). I don't know how it'd be implemented in the story or anything, I just think it'd make an awesome addition.

Also, this might sound weird, but I want Sam and Max to wear different outfits. One of my favorite things about the cartoon series was all the different outfits and costumes they'd wear. They also wore different outfits in the comics many times.

I know it sounds silly, but to me it added a lot of charm and comedy to all the different situations they got into. The closest the TTG game's have come to it are their young, old and zombie versions, which were nice, but it isn't enough!

Lastly, I'd like to see more rats in the game, or maybe some more elaboration on Jimmy's family.
  • edited September 2009
    Yeah, different outfits would be great. When they sold the US to Canada, I kept thinking of Sam and Max dressed as mounties.
  • edited September 2009
    You know who I think would bring a new.. flavor... to season 3? Well, like how in season 2 how they introduced Flint to the cast (of the game, I know he's in the comics). I would like to see Lefty. I just imagine him squealing/wetting himself from just the SIGHT of Max. Also, those Sam/Max dialog trees could be fun to torment Lefty...

Another thing I would like to see is the rebuilding of the street, so that the DRG DLR car comes back, and we interact with that person. Also, I think that there should be another building further along the left side of the street. We know there's something there -
    Sybil was running past it in Moai Better Blues

But there can only be room for so much in the games, so I really hope we get Lefty. He sounds like a fun guy to mess with!!
  • edited September 2009
    I have it from a thoroughly
    un
    reliable source that Superball and Hypno Bear are getting a spinoff and Season 3's been trashed. Also Telltale are gonna make Myst there next IP and a Wallace and Gromit sandbox game tenatively titled "The Lost and the Edam-ed"

A fun 2010 for all!
  • edited September 2009
    Jagger88 wrote: »
    You know who I think would bring a new.. flavor... to season 3? Well, like how in season 2 how they introduced Flint to the cast (of the game, I know he's in the comics). I would like to see Lefty. I just imagine him squealing/wetting himself from just the SIGHT of Max. Also, those Sam/Max dialog trees could be fun to torment Lefty...

I think Lefty's is crushed when Maimtron attacks Sybil's.

But I don't think Lefty was inside at the time. But it would be nice to see him. He might of been forced out of retirement when he lost all his money to some Taiwanease gibbons.:p
  • edited September 2009
    Like that gibbon who replaces Max in Steve Purcell's unfinished comic when Max gets shot!... It all makes sense now...
  • edited September 2009
    my main wish is to simply see them fighting over the phone more.
  • edited September 2009
    delimew wrote: »
    my main wish is to simply see them fighting over the phone more.

I'll put them on speed-dial. ;)
  • edited September 2009
    I don't know about all of you, but Maimtron's appearance in 205 felt tacky and a waste, they either have to re-vitalise him if he's becoming a proper recurring character or they should put the character to rest. Which thankfully they did with the Soda Poppers...argh those voices!
  • edited September 2009
    I don't know about all of you, but Maimtron's appearance in 205 felt tacky and a waste, they either have to re-vitalise him if he's becoming a proper recurring character or they should put the character to rest. Which thankfully they did with the Soda Poppers...argh those voices!

I loved the scene when
    Sam resurrected him
    . I agree that he's not a recurring character type, but a cameo is always welcome :)
  • edited September 2009
    You know what my wish is, if sam and max faced off with themselves in the past and have Harvey Atkins, and Robert Tinkler portray the voices, I think that would be Just.

Oh..and somthing about space and aliens.
  • edited September 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    You know what my wish is, if sam and max faced off with themselves in the past and have Harvey Atkins, and Robert Tinkler portray the voices, I think that would be Just.

Oh..and somthing about space and aliens.

What? Why not Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson? Including these two would be even MORE just!
  • edited September 2009
    lattsam wrote: »
    What? Why not Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson? Including these two would be even MORE just!
    Maybe all of them...Have S+M face after all of there previous Incarnates..make an entire episode of it.
  • edited September 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Maybe all of them...Have S+M face after all of there previous Incarnates..make an entire episode of it.

Don't forget Kid Beyond!
  • edited September 2009
    Now THAT would be worth $8.95.
  • edited September 2009
    Ok so not only have I heard about season three...I was reading in xbox mag that there will probably a season 4...with motion controls or something like that...to be honest i really only care about the season 4 part
  • edited September 2009
    This thread has got me all excited about Season 3.

Going to go cry in the corner now.
  • edited September 2009
    Blah blah:
    I played the free Abe Lincoln episode for 5 mins ages ago and I wasnt that impressed, I think starting at the whitehouse instead of the office threw me a bit and i didnt understand the nature of the episodic release, but recently I was bored and got season 1 & 2 (on whim really) and I have really enjoyed playing Its very funny I LOVE the 'adult' nature of the comedy and content too I originally thought it would be downplayed for children.

Suggestions for Season 3:
    After playing Hit the road I really miss the function of being able to use Max as an item on objects , but a function of having Sam & Max having different abillities could be fun. (throwing max to high locations?) switching between playing as Sam or Max

Some of the repeat jokes were getting a little old, and I groaned at the end of S2 when the soda poppers said they would be back and cheered when they got volcanoed. The Abe & Sybil thing was a bit boring, I like Sybil especially the job changes in Season 1, but please get rid of the Abe Head on their honeymoon or something. The office closet momentos were a nice touch but when it spilled out into the office it was getting too crowded and started looking messy.

Im glad you included Flint in Season 2 I was expecting to see the landing area though like in Hit the road, maybe some espionage into his office with a remote controlled rat for Season 3?

I also Loved Filming Midtown Cowboys I think a whole episode dedicated to Filming a Midtown Cowboys Movie would be Awesome!

Anyway loved 1 & 2 ,but I want Moar!

(I also love Monkey Island so I can wait, I would love to see a Hit the road remake in telltale style)
    and for the love of Bunnies please get Grim Fandango (or Maniac Mansion & DOTT)! :)
  • edited September 2009
    TheJoe wrote: »
    That means they are making it and they're gonna "surprise" us with an announcement when ToMI is finished.

Actually, I'd like to see a new IP before anymore sequels. That's how I am with every company - Revolution, Lucasarts (STOP MAKING STAR WARS GAMES!!!)...

It was said somewhere that Season 3 will follow TMI. I can't remember the exact quote all I remember was it leaving the people who participated in the conversation thinking it was gonna drop the month after the last TMI episode.

Might of been the Private Pirate forum... or one of the interviews but Season 3 was confirmed by TTG, so in that regard it's been announced.

I believe after that was the possibility of DOTT episodes. Personally these would be nice, I just don't see how to make a maniac mansion game with episodes that doesn't depart from the whole concept completely. I suppose they could do one big game broken into chapter like TMI, but even still it's a little odd to me.
  • edited September 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I don't know why they cast different voice actors to Hit the Road, but I doubt the actors from the first games offered to reprise their roles and were turned down. More likely they weren't available, didn't want to do it, or were out of Telltale's price range.

It was said that they still worked for Lucas so they had a problem securing them without lucas approval. Now that they are working with lucas I would say it's entirely probable.... and Anybody who prefers the new voices over the Hit the Road voices is just a little odd. There simply is just no two ways about it, the old guys were better actors.

As for consistency, they all ready changed the voices in the S&M episodes, so there goes your consistency. Might as well set the record straight.
  • edited September 2009
    Laokin wrote: »
    and Anybody who prefers the new voices over the Hit the Road voices is just a little odd. There simply is just no two ways about it, the old guys were better actors.

As a person who, the first time she hears Sam and Max talking were in spanish and in the cartoon, I prefer the new ones over the old ones. And I already played Hit the Road. With voices.

I think is just been customized as the first voices you hear as THE voices of the characters, more than who's better or not. (Yes, I played the Telltale games before Hit the Road, if you ask).
  • edited September 2009
    Season 3 is confirmed, Season 4 is merely "likely", and any motion controls will probably be what's already exhibited in the Wii version of Season 1 (i.e. as a mouse replacement). The next season after Sam & Max 3 (and Deadly Intent) is unknown, although I extremely doubt it will be Manic Mansion/DoTT.
  • edited September 2009
    Laokin wrote: »
    It was said that they still worked for Lucas so they had a problem securing them without lucas approval. Now that they are working with lucas I would say it's entirely probable.... and Anybody who prefers the new voices over the Hit the Road voices is just a little odd. There simply is just no two ways about it, the old guys were better actors.

As for consistency, they all ready changed the voices in the S&M episodes, so there goes your consistency. Might as well set the record straight.

AMEN!

And anyway, if they are supposedly still working with Lucas, their voices should appear in Lucas' recent games... but I don't think either of them are. When was the last time LucasArts released a game with either of their voices... 2005? 2006? I'm starting to sense a conspiracy...

And yes, that includes the remake of Secret of Monkey Island. It contains a lot of other recognizable LucasArts voices (Dominic Armato, Earl Boen, Leilani Jones Wilmore, Denny Delk, Alexandra Boyd, etc.) but neither of those two. And even though they said they'd only use voices from Curse of Monkey Island, they've thrown in several Escape from Monkey Island ones as well... and Nick voiced a character in that game! This I don't get at all...
  • edited September 2009
    I wonder why items cannot be combined in the first series (not to raise difficulty I guess, or lose time by trying all possible combinations ?) ?

Also, I wish a classic point-and-click interface was retained (it can be played with just one hand, by holding a cup of coffee in the other one ;) Oh and a running mode (by double clicking maybe ?) ?

Apart from that, I usually agree puzzles could be a little more difficult :)
  • edited September 2009
    Also, I wish a classic point-and-click interface was retained (it can be played with just one hand, by holding a cup of coffee in the other one ;) Oh and a running mode (by double clicking maybe ?) ?

Apart from that, I usually agree puzzles could be a little more difficult :)

I'm sure you can play the game with only one hand.
    Furthermore, season 2 has a running mode through double clicking.
    And the season 2 finale has some really tough if slightly illogal puzzles.

Try it out!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.