Clementine's New Look...Your Thoughts?

Comments

• Clem's new look is amazing! S4 Clem is my favorite <3

• Not to change subject again, but they confirmed in an old AMA that Clemenine was mixed, so....

ppl already talked about this for years now,we all know shes black at this point and most likely the people who designed her new character m

• Animations have only improved as with each season. Clementine's skin tone seems to have lightened up a bit as well. Season 3 depicted her as tanned skin it seemed. The animation style was also different and sometimes the peoples faces appeared a little shiny while in the other seasons it didn't look that way. Season 3 Clem also looked to be the slimmest and longer neck with a tad narrower face. Season 4 and 2 Clem look closest alike with skin tone both lighter and face a bit fuller while also looking shorter with not as long and slim of a neck.

• I totally agree I always also think of that first picture you posted, she looks so mature and pretty

alekgn posted: »

Lol. Well, it's relevant. Regardless, can't say she ain't pretty to look at

• That's an abomination :s

For you all that have read the posts, I tried to photoshop a picture from one of the previews of the new season to what I think Clem should'

• I love my Clem the way she is and nothing will ever change it <3

• Right on. My Clem's loyal to the end.

I love my Clem the way she is and nothing will ever change it

• Made a prediction of this shortly before season 4 was showcased, gotta say I do prefer Telltales version (a lot), not sure what happened with that ugly ass red jacket but I was right about the hair and backpack. Huzzah!
    https://pre00.deviantart.net/85e3/th/pre/f/2018/104/7/f/clemdarkwalk_by_jay_roen-dc8rn77.png

• Pretty close to the actual result. Impressive.

Jayroen posted: »

Made a prediction of this shortly before season 4 was showcased, gotta say I do prefer Telltales version (a lot), not sure what happened wit

• I love Clem’s look when she gets to the doctorate of ass. She’s thinking “I’m so done with this bullshit.”

Yeah, I like the overall new visual more comic book style they took. Unfortunately, it's a resource hog on my system XD. Thought her ANF

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited August 2018

oh god... what . is . that?
    i get that she should look older but i think that maybe some people wouldnt have liked such a drastic redesign
    well not "maybe" i sure wouldnt have liked it
    i think they made the right choice

For you all that have read the posts, I tried to photoshop a picture from one of the previews of the new season to what I think Clem should'

edited August 2018

oh really? i never heard about this,her and both of her parents are still listed as african american on the wiki while the possibly mixed AJ (while im pretty sure his actual dad is Alvin and not Carver,its not confirmed so its listed as "possible") is listed as caucasian/african american, so...
    Clem's father
    dad
    Clem's mother
    dad
    Clem
    clemmy
    And AJ
    aj

LazyAlex posted: »

Not to change subject again, but they confirmed in an old AMA that Clemenine was mixed, so....

• Her new look is great, I'm quite relieved that she didn't keep that hairstyle she had at the end of Season Three as well.

As for her looking younger I actually think the opposite, it might be the new artstyle clashing with the old one that's making you think she might look a bit younger now.

• as i said before its probably because she looks more similar to show she did when she was younger,she was older in ANF but didnt look like her that much,now shes more like S2 and even if she looks older than ANF it feels like she looks younger because shes more similar to her younger self,if that makes any sense :D

CathalOHara posted: »

Her new look is great, I'm quite relieved that she didn't keep that hairstyle she had at the end of Season Three as well. As for her look

• Wikis aren't canon, anyone can edit them

oh really? i never heard about this,her and both of her parents are still listed as african american on the wiki while the possibly mixed AJ

• well i know that but no one on the forum ever mentioned that ama stuff,its always just "she's black they confirmed also look at her parents" and "she looks mixed" and "u have no proof" and "my cactus is bigger than yours" when people talk about this

Cheddarhead posted: »

Wikis aren't canon, anyone can edit them

• I love season 4 Clementine. I most of all love the new art style. The shading, and the detail in the eyes especially is spot on with the new art style. Her eyes were never as vibrant and beautiful as they are now. And I like how they put attention to detail with her expressions. She's made those expressions since season 1 when someone says something she doesn't like and she wants to be snarky she does an expression. And she did it with Marlon. I wish I had a gif. It's a neat little easter egg I thought was awesome. Amazing work by TT.

Outfit- Love the new leather jacket, jeans and more rugged look, even the survivalist backpack is a nice touch. This step was taken in TNF, each season she wears more age appropriate clothes. I think it fits the atmosphere amazing and redefines her character as she goes from Kid, to Pre Teen to now Young Adult.

They captured the little things, and the new Clem is easily my favorite character of all time. They added more on to what already made her special.

• LazyAlexLazyAlex Banned
    edited August 2018

The wiki is edited by fans, it's not a reliable source of information, it's a known fact. The staff confirmed months ago in the AMA that Clem is mixed. The parents in the picture are not her biological parents. You can't just ignore information gave by the ones in charge of the story. Whatever they say, goes

oh really? i never heard about this,her and both of her parents are still listed as african american on the wiki while the possibly mixed AJ

• edited August 2018

This x100

ZombieKenny posted: »

I love season 4 Clementine. I most of all love the new art style. The shading, and the detail in the eyes especially is spot on with the n

• LazyAlexLazyAlex Banned
    edited August 2018

There, I found it: https://telltale.com/community/discussion/113418/code-red
    This confirms that her father is not the black guy in the picture, so she's mixed, as we can clearly see from her facial features, but this is old news

well i know that but no one on the forum ever mentioned that ama stuff,its always just "she's black they confirmed also look at her parents" and "she looks mixed" and "u have no proof" and "my cactus is bigger than yours" when people talk about this

• Seconded. She definitely looked 17 to me too. I thought TT did a spot on job because based on the wiki 17 was the age they were aiming for. Her expressions certainly convey it and it's even more evident in game when she's talking than the pictures can show.

TNF Clem looks much much younger imo. The early teen features are very different and you can see the changes between the two Clementine models.

In TNF you can still see she has more of a baby face. Her cheek bones are less defined, and especially at her jaw line, nose and eyes as that's where the aging really shows most, she has much less dimension to her facial features. Her nose is more rounded, soft and small. Her eyes have more of a innocence to them and her skin in general, under the eyes, is less wrinkles, less aging and underdeveloped. Still early teen.

But now looking here, her cheek bones are way more concave, the lines that make up her cheek dimples are more pronounced. She has wrinkles and the dimple above her lips under her nose is deeper. Her eye brows are slightly thicker. Her eye brow line where her eye brows meet to make a angry face has two divets that are more pronounced. Her nose is more filled in. Chest bone and neck muscles also more pronounced. Looks at least 5 years older imo.

Razer531 posted: »

Now if THIS doesn't look like a grown up 17 year old teen, then I can't understand. I mean look at her eyes and facial expression, it looks

• I honestly don't know or care anymore. Because it seems like each staffer within TellTale has their own idea of what Clementine's ethnicity is now. Years ago before Season 2 came out a TellTale staff member said she was Black, your source has a staffer stating that Diana was her real mom, and I read from another staffer who said that Diana was her step-mom. At this point I'm convinced they just designed Clementine to be racially ambiguous so people could identify her however they see her. I mean, if she is mixed, that doesn't necessarily stop people from identifying her as Black.

There, I found it: https://telltale.com/community/discussion/113418/code-red This confirms that her father is not the black guy in the picture, so she's mixed, as we can clearly see from her facial features, but this is old news

• Exactly, that's what I was getting at. Everyone can see a little bit of themselves in Clem's ethnicity , in an interview, they said this is the reason why they made her race so ambiguous is season 1, to help players create a better paternal bond with her. I don't remember the exact article though. And it won't stop people from identifying her as black, but it will prove that they're only half right. As a mixed dude myself, I feel obligated to be as accurate as I can when it comes to this subject.

AGenesis posted: »

I honestly don't know or care anymore. Because it seems like each staffer within TellTale has their own idea of what Clementine's ethnicity

• I agree as well. I personally still call Clem Black, even if she is mixed, because where I live, it's still pretty common to refer to people who are mixed Black as Black. Most of my mixed friends still identify themselves as Black too, so it's literally just a label that certain people just feel comfortable putting themselves on. It isn't even about the one drop rule most of the time or anything. I also have friends who are mixed Mexican and Native American or mixed White and Mexican who still just call themselves Mexicans as an ethnicity.

Exactly, that's what I was getting at. Everyone can see a little bit of themselves in Clem's ethnicity , in an interview, they said this is

edited August 2018

Well thanks for that i didnt know,i already said i know that wikis are not a reliable source for information but it does seem like they did change their mind quite a few times about that,by saying shes african american and makin her darker in S2 and then makin her lighter again,a staff member said shes just black in an interview and yes they did say they made her ambiguous intentionally in season 1 so maybe they dont really know either :D
    Well ok,mixed then,plenty of mixed people are or choose to be identified as black
    and since Telltale themselves seem to be quite confused themselves on this subject so mixed is the most likely one since shes def black too

There, I found it: https://telltale.com/community/discussion/113418/code-red This confirms that her father is not the black guy in the picture, so she's mixed, as we can clearly see from her facial features, but this is old news

• You're welcome :smile:

Well thanks for that i didnt know,i already said i know that wikis are not a reliable source for information but it does seem like they did

edited August 2018

actually if people still want to argue about it for some reason,the post didnt REALLY confirm she's mixed :D
    Ok,stop,shes mixed,it is the most likely one at this point shes definitely black and something else in unknow percentages

You're welcome

edited August 2018

actually if people still want to argue about it for some reason,the post didnt REALLY confirm she's mixed Ok,stop,shes mixed,it is the most likely one at this point shes definitely black and something else in unknow percentages

• Yeah, she's definitely part black, no doubt about that

actually if people still want to argue about it for some reason,the post didnt REALLY confirm she's mixed Ok,stop,shes mixed,it is the most likely one at this point shes definitely black and something else in unknow percentages

• But genetics are pretty weird. I know many people that look mixed but are actually black. She could be mixed though. They just keep changing it up and it confuses the players. Oh well. Race doesn’t really matter at this point.

Exactly, that's what I was getting at. Everyone can see a little bit of themselves in Clem's ethnicity , in an interview, they said this is

• im really sorry guys i just had to
    kkkkkkkkkk

• she could be a mandarin orange and sweet orange hybrid tho

But genetics are pretty weird. I know many people that look mixed but are actually black. She could be mixed though. They just keep changing it up and it confuses the players. Oh well. Race doesn’t really matter at this point.

• She’s a tangy mandarin orange

she could be a mandarin orange and sweet orange hybrid tho

edited August 2018

Willowleaf Mandarin,so not pure mandarin mixed with regular sweet orange,definitely not Seville orange or bitter orange
    Yeah,she's mixed :D

She’s a tangy mandarin orange

• Yeah she doesn't like crude jokes lol.

I love Clem’s look when she gets to the doctorate of ass. She’s thinking “I’m so done with this bullshit.”

• Well this seems like a good time to go off topic in a different direction and talk bout her personality in S4 then,90% of the thread is only vaguely related to the original post anyway,so why not? i think itll b more interesting than talking about
    Citrus hybrids

Shurikane posted: »

Yeah she doesn't like crude jokes lol.

• ...What? Metallica himself was talking about Clem's look xd when she looked at the doctorate of ass. And I'm replying. Am I allowed to go off topic? I dont really know

Well this seems like a good time to go off topic in a different direction and talk bout her personality in S4 then,90% of the thread is only

• well no and yes,i was just saying it became a thread about genetics and then orange hybrids so yeah why not? maybe they could even change the title to Clem is S4 instead of clems new look? how bout dah?

Shurikane posted: »

...What? Metallica himself was talking about Clem's look xd when she looked at the doctorate of ass. And I'm replying. Am I allowed to go off topic? I dont really know

• I love the mother-figure Clementine <3 <3

Well this seems like a good time to go off topic in a different direction and talk bout her personality in S4 then,90% of the thread is only

• Alright. My first attempt was a complete screwup. Here's a (hopefully) slightly better version of what the new Clementine I think should have looked like, facially, to look more noticeably mature compared to her ANF version. No guarantees it's a masterpiece, lol:

Original:

Sorry for the sizes; can't get the scaling down.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.