The Last of Us Discussion Thread

1434445464749»

Comments

• say what

https://twitter.com/pixelbrainrot/status/1481956378361094145

• I can't believe I am saying this but I guess Abby deserves an apology for being judged too hard for killing Joel. She was just saving us from an NFT supporter and it took me 1 year and a half to realize that.

I know it's unfair to compare a character with its own voice actor but if I'm being honest, Troy has played himself with almost every character he has performed in his career.

• Euphoria and A Wrinkle in Time actress Storm Reid has been cast in HBO's The Last of Us adaptation.

She has joined the apocalyptic drama's cast as a character called Riley, who has been described as an orphan girl growing up in post-apocalyptic Boston.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a38786263/euphoria-storm-reid-the-last-of-us-show/

• Troy has played himself with almost every character he has performed in his career.

Joel being a clearly distinct character where he certainly doesn't play himself. Start hating on Rhys if you want to hate on a character like himself :mrgreen:

AronDracula posted: »

I can't believe I am saying this but I guess Abby deserves an apology for being judged too hard for killing Joel. She was just saving us fro

• Yeah, I wouldn't say he plays himself. He uses a very similar voice with a lot of them, and many of them share comedic, silly personality types, but that's not exactly Troy Baker.

captainivy1 posted: »

Troy has played himself with almost every character he has performed in his career. Joel being a clearly distinct character where he certainly doesn't play himself. Start hating on Rhys if you want to hate on a character like himself

• edited January 17

Rhys is a Before-Troy-Became-Greedier type of character. So I can't really hate his old character roles.

Troy has played himself with almost every character he has performed in his career. Joel being a clearly distinct character where he certainly doesn't play himself. Start hating on Rhys if you want to hate on a character like himself

• edited January 17

honestly wondering if Rhys would be pro nfts or not lmao

"That's crypto, bro."

• Who knows? Maybe this game will end up as one of my favorite games with bad stories, like Metal Gear Solid 5, someday.

• Pre-TFTB, he would definitely be into Handsome Jack NFT's. Oh, I can bet.

After meeting Fiona and the gang though, they'd steer him away I'm sure.

Poogers555 posted: »

honestly wondering if Rhys would be pro nfts or not lmao "That's crypto, bro."

• The way the industry is going, it wouldn't surprise me if Gearbox came out with Handsome Jack NFT's in the next two or three years

AChicken posted: »

Pre-TFTB, he would definitely be into Handsome Jack NFT's. Oh, I can bet. After meeting Fiona and the gang though, they'd steer him away I'm sure.

• "That's just it Vaughn. We're gonna steal Vasquez's Skag Hunter NFT."

Pre-TFTB, he would definitely be into Handsome Jack NFT's. Oh, I can bet. After meeting Fiona and the gang though, they'd steer him away I'm sure.

• Pandora is a wasteland because of all the NFT generation confirmed.

"That's just it Vaughn. We're gonna steal Vasquez's Skag Hunter NFT."

• edited January 17

TFTB Rhys would be totally against NFT's but Borderlands 3 Rhy absolutely would get into them.

"Guys check out this Skag I bought! He's got a funny hat and a moustache! This baby is gonna be worth millions!"

honestly wondering if Rhys would be pro nfts or not lmao "That's crypto, bro."

• Welcome to another episode of "Talking Borderlands in a Last of Us thread". Great discussion

• edited January 18

This is a Last of Us thread?!!

Yoooo I love that game

Edit: I didn't mean this in a mocking sense. I realise how this can look. I'm just being silly. :p

AronDracula posted: »

Welcome to another episode of "Talking Borderlands in a Last of Us thread". Great discussion

• Joel smiling is the most cursed thing since the different series animation gif

This is a Last of Us thread?!! Yoooo I love that game Edit: I didn't mean this in a mocking sense. I realise how this can look. I'm just being silly.

• The Last of Us TV Show won't be premiering in 2022, according to The Hollywood Reporter in an interview with HBO's Casey Bloys:

The Last of Us is shooting right now in Canada. We haven’t announced an air date yet. But it’s not 2022. They’re still shooting in Calgary.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/and-just-like-westworld-sopranos-casey-bloys-hbo-max-interview-1235094576/

• Huh. I was thinking they'd be done shooting by now, but okay then.

Makes a 2022 date seem even unlikelier and the CEO reinforced that there.
    I was expecting a 2023 release anyhow, so that checks out.

The Last of Us TV Show won't be premiering in 2022, according to The Hollywood Reporter in an interview with HBO's Casey Bloys: The La

• edited February 18

Found an image album with the original April 2020 "Leak" that originated on... fucking 4chan.
    turns out everything was wrong, except for Ellie/Joel's strained relationship and Joel's death, but they put that like over halfway through the game so it's wrong anyway.

there are also over 75 other images related to this, showing off all the responses to it in the thread, but I will under no circumstances share it or ways to find it. It's full of extremely vile misogynistic, homophobic, anti-semitic comments.
    I feel sick.

edit: oh, and Mods? If you don't want this on the site at all, I totally understand. And just do what you have to do and axe this.
    I just felt this was an important find and relevant to the thread.

• edited February 27

So this is news.
    There were rumors about casting for a young, deaf, black character. Maybe Sam, but it could really be any other original black character.

But it's true! Huh.

Dunno how to feel about this.
    Interesting thing to change in this adaptation... I've heard Walking Dead has a good deaf character right now.
    Edit: just remembered this could bring more weight to Henry's overprotectiveness of Sam.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.