The Last of Us Discussion Thread

Comments

• say what

https://twitter.com/pixelbrainrot/status/1481956378361094145

• I can't believe I am saying this but I guess Abby deserves an apology for being judged too hard for killing Joel. She was just saving us from an NFT supporter and it took me 1 year and a half to realize that.

I know it's unfair to compare a character with its own voice actor but if I'm being honest, Troy has played himself with almost every character he has performed in his career.

• Euphoria and A Wrinkle in Time actress Storm Reid has been cast in HBO's The Last of Us adaptation.

She has joined the apocalyptic drama's cast as a character called Riley, who has been described as an orphan girl growing up in post-apocalyptic Boston.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a38786263/euphoria-storm-reid-the-last-of-us-show/

• Troy has played himself with almost every character he has performed in his career.

Joel being a clearly distinct character where he certainly doesn't play himself. Start hating on Rhys if you want to hate on a character like himself :mrgreen:

AronDracula posted: »

I can't believe I am saying this but I guess Abby deserves an apology for being judged too hard for killing Joel. She was just saving us fro

• Yeah, I wouldn't say he plays himself. He uses a very similar voice with a lot of them, and many of them share comedic, silly personality types, but that's not exactly Troy Baker.

captainivy1 posted: »

Troy has played himself with almost every character he has performed in his career. Joel being a clearly distinct character where he certainly doesn't play himself. Start hating on Rhys if you want to hate on a character like himself

• edited January 2022

Rhys is a Before-Troy-Became-Greedier type of character. So I can't really hate his old character roles.

Troy has played himself with almost every character he has performed in his career. Joel being a clearly distinct character where he certainly doesn't play himself. Start hating on Rhys if you want to hate on a character like himself

• edited January 2022

honestly wondering if Rhys would be pro nfts or not lmao

"That's crypto, bro."

• Who knows? Maybe this game will end up as one of my favorite games with bad stories, like Metal Gear Solid 5, someday.

• Pre-TFTB, he would definitely be into Handsome Jack NFT's. Oh, I can bet.

After meeting Fiona and the gang though, they'd steer him away I'm sure.

Poogers555 posted: »

honestly wondering if Rhys would be pro nfts or not lmao "That's crypto, bro."

• The way the industry is going, it wouldn't surprise me if Gearbox came out with Handsome Jack NFT's in the next two or three years

AChicken posted: »

Pre-TFTB, he would definitely be into Handsome Jack NFT's. Oh, I can bet. After meeting Fiona and the gang though, they'd steer him away I'm sure.

• "That's just it Vaughn. We're gonna steal Vasquez's Skag Hunter NFT."

Pre-TFTB, he would definitely be into Handsome Jack NFT's. Oh, I can bet. After meeting Fiona and the gang though, they'd steer him away I'm sure.

• Pandora is a wasteland because of all the NFT generation confirmed.

"That's just it Vaughn. We're gonna steal Vasquez's Skag Hunter NFT."

• edited January 2022

TFTB Rhys would be totally against NFT's but Borderlands 3 Rhy absolutely would get into them.

"Guys check out this Skag I bought! He's got a funny hat and a moustache! This baby is gonna be worth millions!"

honestly wondering if Rhys would be pro nfts or not lmao "That's crypto, bro."

• Welcome to another episode of "Talking Borderlands in a Last of Us thread". Great discussion

• edited January 2022

This is a Last of Us thread?!!

Yoooo I love that game

Edit: I didn't mean this in a mocking sense. I realise how this can look. I'm just being silly. :p

Welcome to another episode of "Talking Borderlands in a Last of Us thread". Great discussion

• Joel smiling is the most cursed thing since the different series animation gif

This is a Last of Us thread?!! Yoooo I love that game Edit: I didn't mean this in a mocking sense. I realise how this can look. I'm just being silly.

• The Last of Us TV Show won't be premiering in 2022, according to The Hollywood Reporter in an interview with HBO's Casey Bloys:

The Last of Us is shooting right now in Canada. We haven’t announced an air date yet. But it’s not 2022. They’re still shooting in Calgary.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/and-just-like-westworld-sopranos-casey-bloys-hbo-max-interview-1235094576/

• Huh. I was thinking they'd be done shooting by now, but okay then.

Makes a 2022 date seem even unlikelier and the CEO reinforced that there.
    I was expecting a 2023 release anyhow, so that checks out.

The Last of Us TV Show won't be premiering in 2022, according to The Hollywood Reporter in an interview with HBO's Casey Bloys: The La

• edited February 2022

Found an image album with the original April 2020 "Leak" that originated on... fucking 4chan.
    turns out everything was wrong, except for Ellie/Joel's strained relationship and Joel's death, but they put that like over halfway through the game so it's wrong anyway.

there are also over 75 other images related to this, showing off all the responses to it in the thread, but I will under no circumstances share it or ways to find it. It's full of extremely vile misogynistic, homophobic, anti-semitic comments.
    I feel sick.

edit: oh, and Mods? If you don't want this on the site at all, I totally understand. And just do what you have to do and axe this.
    I just felt this was an important find and relevant to the thread.

• edited February 2022

So this is news.
    There were rumors about casting for a young, deaf, black character. Maybe Sam, but it could really be any other original black character.

But it's true! Huh.

Dunno how to feel about this.
    Interesting thing to change in this adaptation... I've heard Walking Dead has a good deaf character right now.
    Edit: just remembered this could bring more weight to Henry's overprotectiveness of Sam.

• So yesterday was the 9th year anniversary of the OG PS3 The Last Of Us Game! Wow!

I didn't do anything to celebrate it, but I did find this fascinating video on how to avoid and glitch-out the game to create the most "pacifist" run of the campaign possible! (Also... a bit entertaining)

• This series just can't escape leaks, now can it?

For once someone on the GamingLeaksandRumors subreddit is legit, probably. Claiming to be a QA tester and, well, leaked a bit of flashback footage and images from the beginning.

PART 1 REMAKE SPOILERS... for an 9-year old game

• edited July 2022

Rough. I can't help but feel like this remake was made with the Fortnite engine because the characters look uglier and the animation looks stifier. Even if I was excited for this one, I still would have had this same thought.

EDIT: the last image comparison on the tweet seems to be the one that actually looks improved.

This series just can't escape leaks, now can it? For once someone on the GamingLeaksandRumors subreddit is legit, probably. Claiming to b

• edited July 2022

I think that prologue gif looks Outstanding! Young Tommy looks okay, though to be honest we don't really see much of Young Tommy anyway to have a good comparison.
    But that gif really shows how much cleaner and smoother it looks compared to the originals Pre-rendered cutscenes! That's already impressive to me, they managed to fit it all in-engine like that.

I'm a bit concerned however with the lighting differences there.
    Tommy bathed in the light by the door. Tess equally so further into the room.

That Joel/Tess scene is lit very darkly in the original. Conveys a great sense of shadyness and a run down future.

Hopefully this means Sony has something substantial to show off soon anyway, since I can't say I'm not interested in how much is upgraded and how much the gameplay/level design has changed.

feel like this remake was made with the Fortnite engine

clearly you don't play fortnite lmao not even close

Rough. I can't help but feel like this remake was made with the Fortnite engine because the characters look uglier and the animation looks s

• edited July 2022

I want whatever drug he's taking if he's somehow seeing Fortnite from that lmao

I think that prologue gif looks Outstanding! Young Tommy looks okay, though to be honest we don't really see much of Young Tommy anyway to h

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

The drug is called bitterness and heavy bias.

lupinb0y posted: »

I want whatever drug he's taking if he's somehow seeing Fortnite from that lmao

• @lupinb0y @dojo32161

I am using the drug of mistake learning. Very opposite of heavy bias.

• edited July 2022

There's been more leaks. Now of gameplay.

Naughty Dog just give us an actual gameplay breakdown for the love of god.. The game's just over a month away...

Also get better security or something jeez

• edited July 2022

Thank you leaks I guess.. who knows when they'd have released this otherwise

The game certainly looks visually impressive in terms of lighting and texture improvements, especially prop density has been increased. A few issues where the new face models don't gel well with the old motion capture, (that comparison of Ellie smiling on the Carousel looked weird) but digital realism can still be uncanny valley-ish.

I'm sad to say that it doesn't look like the Part 2 gameplay additions are present here. No prone, no dodge combat implementation.
    The leaks yesterday -- while I'm sure intentionally played poorly and with washed out graphics to rile people up -- proved that the level design is the same as it always was which is a bit unfortunate.
    The animations and combat systems are also the same as they've been before, which is also a shame.

Really makes me see Sony's greed with that 70$ price tag. It's never felt right and this just dissapoints me further with that decision.
    As someone who has played the PS3 and 4 versions and love them to death, I'm still gonna wait until it drops to 40$ at most in a sale. Texture-work and different character models seems to be all that's here, really. (Not that I'd have access to it anyhow)

At the very least hopefully PS5 people can get a free patch in the near future that implements Haptics, 60fps and Dynamic Triggers or whatever into Part 2 since they've got that working and ready for Part 1 now.
    Unless Sony finds a way to sell Part 2 again...

• "Rebuilt from the ground up"

Call me whatever names you have but I am pretty sure this sentence should mean more than just upgraded visuals. I am asking for an exact justification for the 70 buck price tag. Last time I recall, Dark Souls Remastered was only 40 bucks and it's not even a remake.

• Texture-work and different character models seems to be all that's here, really. (Not that I'd have access to it anyhow)

Well that and the better AI, the disability settings and the workbench. Though I wouldn't say that justifies the high price and the title of remake. It definitely seems like this is more of a remaster for the people who never played the games. I'll have to wait and see how much this costs in my non-American money before I think about getting it.

Thank you leaks I guess.. who knows when they'd have released this otherwise The game certainly looks visually impressive in terms of

• edited August 2022

And away we go!
    Skip to 1:35

Interesting that they aren't going for a full-beard look for Joel

• Pedro is pretty spot on for Joel both in terms of voice and look! Bella Ramsey is definitely a different take on Ellie so I'm gonna have to hear more from her cause at the moment all I hear is american Hilda lol.

And away we go! Skip to 1:35 Interesting that they aren't going for a full-beard look for Joel

• Pedro is pretty spot on for Joel both in terms of voice and look!

I've replayed that one line numerous times and I'm stunned how similar to Troy Baker he sounds there. Usually when it involves Troy Baker it's the other way around!

This Ellie definitely seems like a different take on the character both in voice and design. Probably way too early to make impressions on either of them just based off of one line in a 30-second tease.
    The production quality already looks great though!

I'm expecting we get a full standalone trailer on Outbreak day in Sept.

lupinb0y posted: »

Pedro is pretty spot on for Joel both in terms of voice and look! Bella Ramsey is definitely a different take on Ellie so I'm gonna have to hear more from her cause at the moment all I hear is american Hilda lol.

• Love how they already made a launch trailer for the remake, yet no official gameplay footage marketed. That is definitely a sign.

• edited August 2022

We already got that a few weeks ago with the Details video on what changed/improved for the PS5 version.

So... nothing too substantial for gameplay, yeah.

Game will probably still sell like hotcakes though. And Part I is still going to be dope as it ever was, even more with the improved graphics.
    I still think Sony is overcharging folks on this regardless.

Love how they already made a launch trailer for the remake, yet no official gameplay footage marketed. That is definitely a sign.

• I know what you mean but I am talking about full gameplay presentation, not behind the scenes stuff. The reason why they aren't showing is because they know it would flop if they reveal that other than different AI, they didn't change anything gameplay wise. Not even level design.

We already got that a few weeks ago with the Details video on what changed/improved for the PS5 version. So... nothing too substantial fo

• edited August 2022

I wouldn't say it "would flop" but it would either be *A. redundant to showcase it since it offers no/little improvements to the original 2013 game... or *B. It's a linear single-player action game. There's no real need to teach people mechanics in pre-release marketing, it's not like there's any game-changing unique mechanics to this game or difficulty in picking up the controls.

Orrr ... I guess I can give you that C. They're withholding footage to not spoil to the casual fanbase the lack of changes, since those people would be expecting some Part II improvements because of this randomly announced remake.
    Unfortunately they would be wrong, but they don't know any better right now...

I know what you mean but I am talking about full gameplay presentation, not behind the scenes stuff. The reason why they aren't showing is b

Sign in to comment in this discussion.