soda poppers theme?

edited February 2010 in Sam & Max
anyway we can get an mp3 of this? theres only so many times I can load up the end of the game, and complete the final puzzle to hear this fantastic track :D

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Teehee! I agree, it was pretty awesome.

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    arhem

(^^)
  • edited November 2006
    Have you tried the TellTale Music Extractor ?
    You can find it there :
    http://quick.mixnmojo.com/software#telltalemusic
    It will extract sound files (except voices) in OGG format (you can play these with VLC or winamp).
    The directory where you have to seek these files is named "data" in your Sam&Max folder if I remind right.

Enjoy ^^

[damn, toasted]
  • edited November 2006
    In fact anything able to extract OGG will do :) you just have to trim the header information up to the first OGG string occurence and name the resulting file as ogg. I converted myself the whole soundtrack for my mp3 player.
  • edited November 2006
    awesome! thanks guys:D
  • edited November 2006
    anyone know what they're saying?
  • edited November 2006
    If you pester Whizzer enough he'll sing More Than Jerks for you, and in that case there will be subtitles.
  • edited November 2006
    I really love this song, although it strikes me as somewhat anacronistic as a 70s TV theme. Seems more 90s to me.
    Still, I'd rather it be awesome than accurate, and it's... awesome.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    It's surely a remix of the original theme, that explains it.
  • edited November 2006
    Jake wrote: »
    It's surely a remix of the original theme, that explains it.

I had the same thought after I posted, actually.
    It'd be cool to hear the "original" theme, then... ;)
  • edited November 2006
    it sounds like something danny elfman would do.. :)
  • edited November 2006
    Sorry for bumping the topic, but has anyone got a complete mp3 of the song? The one posted above cuts off quite abruptly. ^^'
    Yes, I read about the music extractor too. Sadly, I can't play ogg files on my computer. And I don't have a converter.
  • edited November 2006
    PM'd you about it
    edited December 2006
    It's also available in this blog, bottled right at the source.
  • edited December 2006
    Can someone interview Jared about the sam and max music.. I'd love to hear his thoughts on the creation of the soda jerks etc
    edited December 2006
    When the music production for season 1 wraps up we'll pester him for some composer's notes. There's also an interview with him, done during pre-production on the music, up at Mixnmojo. (Also check out page 1 of that interview for a Q&A with a bunch more Sam & Max team members)
  • edited December 2006
    Hey Jake..Thanks a lot :) :)
  • edited December 2006
    Sorry to bug you guys again, but does anyone know the complete lyrics to this song? Even WITH the special 'feature' and subtitles on. (I don't feel like continuously restarting that savegame, and they're using some pretty mean words as it is.)

So far, all I've got is;
    "Little Peepers, Specs and Whizzer,
    Toiling at the soda works.
    Something something
    Soda something special perks.
    *repeat*
    Then they run like a human blizzard.
    Something something Soda jerks (?)
    Little Peepers, Specs and Whizzer,
    Soda poppers more than jerks!
    Sodaaa, soda poppers!"
    And so on.

Can anyone fill in the blanks?
    edited December 2006
    Little Peepers, Specs and Whizzer / Toiling at the soda works
    Guzzling with tiny gizzards / Soda fountain's special perks

Then they run like human blizzards
    More than simple soda jerks
    Little Peepers, Specs and Whizzer
    Soda Poppers: More Than Jerks

[Sodaaa, Soda Poppers...]

.. I think.
  • edited December 2006
    Tiny gizzards...
    *grabs English-Dutch dictionary*
    See, all the words that made no sense to me weren't remembered. ^^'

Why would the Soda factory (assuming it's called Soda Fountain) give them gizzards as a special perk? I mean, sure, it's nice to have a second stomach, but apparently gizzards are special stomachs for birds that are mostly used to grind seeds.
    XD
  • edited December 2006
    I think the perk is that they get the soda to guzzle. As for 'soda fountain', you may find this wikipedia entry helpful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soda_shop
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    "Gizzard" is commonly used in reference to birds, but in this case it just means the Soda Poppers' throats. As in, they guzzle the soda with their tiny gizzards (and yes, I think the free soda is the special perk).

Something that may not have come through clearly in the game is that the "caffiene rush" is like the Soda Poppers' super power. So they drink lots of soda, and then they can run away from people by doing the caffiene rush (
    like Peepers does when you try to knock him out
    ).
    edited December 2006
    Also this Wikipedia entry.
  • edited December 2006
    Meowzy wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping the topic, but has anyone got a complete mp3 of the song? The one posted above cuts off quite abruptly.

It loops, so I'm guessing even the most official of versions cuts off abruptly.
    It starts with "--Jerks!" and ends with "More... Than...--" so that it can be played smoothly back-to-back with itself, which is clever, but also annoying out of context.
    edited December 2006
    The official version we put up on the blog doesn't loop, and it ends pretty gracefully.
  • edited December 2006
    Oh! My bad, then.
  • edited December 2006
    Ah, yes, I found that out afterwards, that the song loops. I tried to copy the 'Jerks' in the beginning and paste it at the end, but my version isn't as good as the one posted in the blog.

Really? So that's what a soda fountain is... That's awesome!

Gizzards referring to the Soda Poppers' throats? Weeeird. Is it common to sometimes use the word gizzard to refer to a throat? O_o

And yes, that thing about the Caffeine rush being a sort of superpower, I did get that. Though the song makes it more clear, you'd just have to be lucky and know what they're singing.

I wonder what kind of adventures the Soda Poppers had in their show. XD
  • edited December 2006
    Who wrote those lyrics anyway? :D

--Erwin
    edited December 2006
    Either Brendan or Dave.
  • edited December 2006
    Or some freakish combination thereof.
  • edited December 2006
    drendan!!!! :eek:
  • MelMel
    edited December 2006
    Now you're all making me giggle. :D
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Who wrote those lyrics anyway? :D

I confess, it was me.
  • edited December 2006
    Emily wrote: »
    The official version we put up on the blog doesn't loop, and it ends pretty gracefully.
    aw, but I so grew to love that voice-cracking, eardrum-rending ending. anyway to get that?
    edited December 2006
    Play through the game and listen to the credits again. :D
  • edited December 2006
    I see what you did there.
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Meowzy wrote: »
    I wonder what kind of adventures the Soda Poppers had in their show. XD

Oooh....Soda Poppers spin off....

Could be fu-un!:p
    edited December 2006
    trau-aumatizing
  • edited September 2007
    hey, i love the song but ( god, this is gonna make me look stupid) i didn't actually find it in the game until the credits, where is it in the actual game?

P.S. i know i could probably go on the game and find it but they got un-installed some how ( most likly my room mate:mad:) and i just don't feel like load it back in 'til i get my laptop cause i'm lazy:D
  • edited September 2007
    It's in the driving sequence in episode 1, where you're chasing whichever Soda Popper you left until last.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.