Really crappy Sam and Max Flash Animation

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Eugh...
  • edited December 2009
    Avistew wrote: »
    At least nobody said they're attracted to the Soda Poppers.

I vote to keep them dead. please...
  • edited December 2009
    I'm sure the end of Season 2 was there to reassure people that they're not coming back.
  • edited December 2009
    At least nobody said they're attracted to the Soda Poppers.
    You mean aside from Sybil?
    ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    ;)
    And what's about Sam's comment now I remember it?
  • edited December 2009
    Sam: Max, what's the situation?
    Max: Peepers is putting the moves on Sybil. She's totally into it.
    Sam: Good. Just wanted to check my dementia wasn't setting in early.

Sumphin like that. By the way, how's that flashimation comin' along there, Gininator?
  • edited December 2009
    ;)
    Sybil is fictional, was put under a charm, and she's the kind of person who married a giant stone head. I'm sure she's not very representative of real people on this forum.
    Plus she chose Peepers! At least specs has green eyes and glasses. Peepers is just creepy with his huge eyes. Creepier than the other two I mean.
  • edited December 2009
    Sam: Max, what's the situation?
    Max: Peepers is putting the moves on Sybil. She's totally into it.
    Sam: Good. Just wanted to check my dementia wasn't setting in early.

Sumphin like that.

I'm talking about this one (If my memory don't fail):
    Sam: I hate to admit it but Peepers it is kind of sexy.
    Max: If you are into small guys with annoying voices

By the way, how's that flashimation comin' along there, Gininator?

I'm in waiting mode.
  • edited December 2009
    I thought the comment made by Sam that Ginny N was referring to was
    Sam: I hate to say it, but Peepers is kinda sexy...
    Max: (scoffs) If you're into short guys with annoying voices, I guess.

Edit: Oops, too slow.
  • edited December 2009
    Oh, that quote. I think I blocked it from my conscious mind completely, given what it implies about Sam and Max's relationship.

And avistew, yes! Guys in glasses are totally hot! Specs on the other hand still does not qualify! (There's a thought, Telltale, throw us girls a bone and make a hot guy in glasses, or at least a guy who is not an annoying control freak and/or chicken in glasses. Come on. You made Morgan for the guys ...)
  • edited December 2009
    Oh, that quote. I think I blocked it from my conscious mind completely, given what it implies about Sam and Max's relationship.

On the other hand, that is why I love the quote ^^!
    (There's a thought, Telltale, throw us girls a bone and make a hot guy in glasses, or at least a guy who is not an annoying control freak and/or chicken in glasses. Come on. You made Morgan for the guys ...)

Or just put Sam some cute glasses for 10 seconds and you done it ^^!
  • edited December 2009
    How about Superball? Do shades not count?
  • edited December 2009
    Shades are a bit different. Here are two different theories as to why:

- Psychologically, a man with a weakness (not perfect eyesight) is attractive because it makes him more "vulnerable" without it actually being a huge handicap. Shades can be worn even with perfect eyesight so they don't talk to that instinct.

- You can't see the eyes through shades. Glasses + eyes is the winning combo.

I too vote for a bishie with glasses. Human if possible.
  • edited December 2009
    Shades just aren't the same thing. Besides which, he's forty, and contrary to popular belief, women in their mid-twenties aren't actually drawn to men in their forties and in fact wish they'd hit on women their own age for a change!

And GinnyN, you are one sick puppy, so much so that you probably like being called that! :p

Edit: I concur with my Canadian colleague, and would also like to add that glasses tend to make guys look "smarter" as well. Intelligence is a very attractive trait.
  • edited December 2009
    And GinnyN, you are one sick puppy, so much so that you probably like being called that! :p

Pfff... You still doesn't see anything about it ^^!
  • edited December 2009
    Edit: I concur with my Canadian colleague, and would also like to add that glasses tend to make guys look "smarter" as well. Intelligence is a very attractive trait.

"Smart" or "nerdy" or "geeky", depending. And the last two are not meant as insults, incidentally.

Maybe it's the idea that they damaged their eyes from spending too much time reading books or working on their computer, and that's why they need glasses. Or something.
  • edited December 2009
    GinnyN ... you are evil, evil! You even have his hat tilting upwards ... *sigh*
    ... Maybe it's the idea that they damaged their eyes from spending too much time reading books or working on their computer, and that's why they need glasses. Or something.

Which is a rather strange assumption given how ubiquitous glasses are now in most developed nations. You'd think the old myths would have died out by now. Heck, I myself have had glasses since I was seven and both my mother and grandmother wore glasses from a young age, and so know that bad eyesight is genetic more often than not, yet even I think glasses make men look smarter. And sexier, obviously.
  • edited December 2009
    I know! Bad eyesight can run in families, and does more often than not.
    And bad eyesight doesn't equal glasses. Nowadays people also wear contacts, or get operated sometimes.
    But there are still reading glasses and such. So obviously reading is still associated with glasses. And it's true that looking at screens or books the whole day will damage your eyesight.

So there is a bit of truth in it.

You'd think it would work the other way though. Like, instinct-wise, wouldn't it make more sense to be attracted to people in perfect physical health, with perfect eyesight among other things?
    Or maybe now that we can cure so many things, we're more likely to be attracted to different things, like intelligence and reliability and things like that. I don't know. But it's interesting, it makes me wish I had studied these things.
  • edited December 2009
    Maybe it's because "geeky" guys are seen as less forward and less likely to act macho than "regular" guys, so it plays into the sweet and vulnerable thing you were talking about.

The odd thing is that it doesn't work with women. The cliche is that men find vulnerability attractive, so you'd think girls with glasses would be considered more attractive than girls without them. Yet whenever the "geeky girl with glasses" gets made over and is proven to be "beautiful after all" what's the first thing to go? Glasses. Hot librarian/school teacher? Undoes the bun and then whips off her spectacles.
  • edited December 2009
    Muahahahahahaha FOOLISH MORTALS!!!!!... I mean...

I hold the theory that those "weakness" react with our maternal side. That why women react with cute things easily. So, those guys with glasses react with our 2 sides: The thing they actually need us in a way, but, at the same time we can trust on them.

I think men react about the feeling of mystery and adventure-ish. So, when the girl get her glasses out is when they discover the reward, or something among this lines.
  • edited December 2009
    True, although that's in movies. In real life lots of guys like women with glasses.

I think the "glasses" trick there is more of a "superman" thing. They don't want to spend much on makeup or anything, so they take a hot girl, give her ugly glasses, loose clothes like overalls or something, make sure she doesn't comb her hair, give her braces...
    And voilà! she's an "ugly" girl! Nevermind that everyone can still see she's hot. Then they just remove all the things they added and you're supposed to act surprised that she's good looking.

But as far as the stereotypes go... A woman with glasses, if she looks clever too, breaks the "stupid girl who needs saving" thing, so that could be it as well. Or maybe she becomes intimidating, I don't know. I'd have to be attracted to females to comment on that further.
  • edited December 2009

If it helps, you can think of it as a playful dig at Max's fangirls instead. (Which is quite possibly too much of a stretch, but if it helps us sleep at night ... ) :p
    The odd thing is that it doesn't work with women. The cliche is that men find vulnerability attractive, so you'd think girls with glasses would be considered more attractive than girls without them. Yet whenever the "geeky girl with glasses" gets made over and is proven to be "beautiful after all" what's the first thing to go? Glasses. Hot librarian/school teacher? Undoes the bun and then whips off her spectacles.

This is why I appreciate a certain scene in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs so very, very much. <3

Aaaanyway! Ginny, those animations are definitely not crappy. Great poses! The only thing I'd suggest is to work more on the mouth shapes (the lip sync timing itself is good). In can you haven't seen this yet, I've always found Preston Blair's mouth chart to be pretty helpful in this area. That said, I can't wait to see how your next project turns out. :D
  • edited January 2010
    Aaaanyway! Ginny, those animations are definitely not crappy. Great poses! The only thing I'd suggest is to work more on the mouth shapes (the lip sync timing itself is good). In can you haven't seen this yet, I've always found Preston Blair's mouth chart to be pretty helpful in this area. That said, I can't wait to see how your next project turns out. :D

Uhhhh.... A suggestion ON topic. Thanks you very much ^^!
  • edited January 2010
    Sooo ... is it done yet?
  • edited January 2010
    Sooo ... is it done yet?

I'm trying to animate random people running for their life.

If you ask.
  • edited January 2010
    I did, thanks! Did you make sure to stick a Guybrush or Morgan lookalike in the crowd?
  • edited January 2010
    I did, thanks! Did you make sure to stick a Guybrush or Morgan lookalike in the crowd?

Now I have zero people running for their life.

Let me do at least 1 people running for their life first, and then I'll think about it.
  • edited January 2010
    If you need sound effects or anything, I know a couple of cool sites :)
  • edited January 2010
    How's the animation coming?
  • edited January 2010
    Slower than ever believe =P

I just started a internship in Entel PCS out of my hometown and I'm just become used. However, finish the flash animation is my second top priority (First my work here, of course ^^).
  • edited January 2010
    Go Ginny! We shall wait patiently until your masterpiece is done. For another week, then we start whining.
  • edited January 2010
    Just a Warning: This is like Season 3: Will be there when is ready ^^UUUU
  • edited April 2010
    Sorry for reviving this thread and not posting on the original topic, but look what you guys made me write.

I started it when this thread was still alive, but I only just found it and finished it off now.
  • edited April 2010
    I loved it Shwoo, thanks for sharing!
    If they ever give him glasses in-game, there is going to be a lot of female shrieking, isn't there?
  • edited April 2010
    I was wondering why this thread was alive so suddenly.

And that was totally worth of it. ^^! Thanks Shwoo!
  • edited April 2010
    Sam: one of the rare, fictional talking animals capable of causing those otherwise not inclined to swing furry.

... Or so I heard. :cool:
  • edited April 2010
    Great job! Everyone seemed in character, too!
  • edited April 2010
    And not completely implausible. It's not quite the same, but for those of you who have access to the Freelance Police Dispatch, there's a thread called Q&A With Ryan Jones, Artist. One of the posted images is Sam without his jacket and rolled-up shirtsleeves. Also, Sam looks angry. Since he is strangely (and disturbingly) attractive in that picture, why not with glasses?

PS. The link to the animation won't work for me!
  • edited April 2010
    PS. The link to the animation won't work for me!

I'm gonna fix it in a moment.

But it's really crappy, seriously.

Edit: [URL="http://brokenbutterfly.imaginefanzone.net/Grousome Accident.swf"]Fixed[/URL]
  • edited April 2010
    Thank you! Brilliant stuff!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.