Really crappy Sam and Max Flash Animation

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
I put it here just because... well... I get inspired to try to learn this stuff again by reading posts here... and, appart, I don't really know anybody who can help me improve in this stuff, so, here we go. Any constructive critic is encouraged.

I grab a sample of Max's voice from the Games using the telltale sound extractor, and I tried to "animate it". I was planning to continue the conversation, but, it's about time to go to bed. And since people here care about my sleep time...

Try number 1.
I warned you! It's really crappy

Comments

• edited December 2009
    it's okay, not as crappy as you said it was.
  • edited December 2009
    Aww ... you're like a mini-Majus! Although I'm a bit disturbed by bishie Sam. (Hey, Sam actually looks kind of SIX FOOT TALL DOG. STOP THINKING THAT NOW.)
  • edited December 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Although I'm a bit disturbed by bishie Sam. (Hey, Sam actually looks kind of SIX FOOT TALL DOG. STOP THINKING THAT NOW.)

That probably is because I draw him like three heads and a half wide for some reason I still cannot figure out ("bishie" manga style, for call it in a way, has that "proportions". Or at least CLAMP's). Also because my style is in the middle road of been cute and rounded...
  • edited December 2009
    Well, at least you didn't give him glasses, then I'd have really been done for. (You know, if in the future you feel like drawing broad shouldered human guys with glasses let me know, okay? ;) ) You really did do a good job though. Max's ears look slightly demonic, but otherwise I'd say you did a fantastic job. It's very lively and expressive and nicely animated.
  • edited December 2009
    It's great! Goes really smooth and the expressions are well done.
  • edited December 2009
    Yeah it’s good! Many animations in there and no »I only animate the mouth«-lazyness. And if you want to improve yourself, just make another one, and another one, and another one, and another one… gets better and better.
  • edited December 2009
    Okay Ginny, you have officially been praised. Now go do as Majus said and animate more cartoons to entertain us with! *whiplash!*
  • edited December 2009
    I always love how Max has devil like ears, it's awesome.
  • edited December 2009
    Okay Ginny, you have officially been praised. Now go do as Majus said and animate more cartoons to entertain us with! *whiplash!*

Yeah, I notice that. Now I'm wondered if that was a good idea...

At least I have motivation...
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I always love how Max has devil like ears, it's awesome.

That in fact is a mistake... I was so into the animation that the drawings are much more fast than usual.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    My favourite Max expression is where he gestures with his right paw (coincides with "avoided"). Very cute. :)

Attachment not found.

Well, at least you didn't give him glasses, then I'd have really been done for. (You know, if in the future you feel like drawing broad shouldered human guys with glasses let me know, okay?)

Ah, I love broad-shouldered guys with glasses... and just guys with glasses... and, well, guys in general really. :p
  • edited December 2009
    *peeks head in, waves over broad-shouldered bespectacled brethren*

They're talking about us, men. They seem to react positively to our visual maladies and ample bone structures. Commence ego-driven fist bumps. Allllriiiiight.

:p
  • edited December 2009
    ShaggE wrote: »
    *peeks head in, waves over broad-shouldered bespectacled brethren*

They're talking about us, men. They seem to react positively to our visual maladies and ample bone structures. Commence ego-driven fist bumps. Allllriiiiight.

:p

*Fist-bump*
  • edited December 2009
    Hey! I finished (Somehow).

I added a Replay button just for the sake of adding it.

"Enjoy". (It's the same link, which mean you can watch it from the first post too ^^!)
  • edited December 2009
    Awesome. Loved the part where Sam says "Jersey Devil! Jersey Devil!".
  • edited December 2009
    Aww I thought it was pretty cute for one of your first attempts at a flash film. And I agree with Falanca that the "Jersey Devil" animation was funny. :D So all in all great job. :cool:
  • edited December 2009
    Aww ... I don't think I've ever seen Max look embarrassed about anything before! You made him look so sweet :)

And I'm glad we were able to massage your egos, guys. The male ego is so fragile and delicate a thing, like a beautiful, masculine flower, and I am happy to play gardener :p
  • edited December 2009
    Aww ... I don't think I've ever seen Max look embarrassed about anything before! You made him look so sweet :)

And I'm glad we were able to massage your egos, guys. The male ego is so fragile and delicate a thing, like a beautiful, masculine flower, and I am happy to play gardener :p

I am like a beautiful flower.
  • edited December 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    i am like a beautiful flower.

oh no make it stop

too much poeticness
  • edited December 2009
    Yeah, quite impressive drawings Ginny. Keep up the good work!

Just wondering, if you could give me a link to where you got the Telltale sound extractor that you used (as I'd know it would be reliable), thanks in advance. :)
  • edited December 2009
    Yeah, quite impressive drawings Ginny. Keep up the good work!

Just wondering, if you could give me a link to where you got the Telltale sound extractor that you used (as I'd know it would be reliable), thanks in advance. :)

Just search it in Google is the first thing you gonna find ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Hey, that's REALLY impressive! I love how you made it so lively, even while the other one was talking, the quiet character was moving and making expressions, too.
    I especially love how you animated Sam's dialogue. :D Wow, I wish I could be able to animate like this! I don't even know how to use Flash. XD
  • edited December 2009
    GinnyN wrote: »

Was unsure if it was reliable or not, thanks anyway! :D
  • edited December 2009
    Hey, maybe you should try and animate the song we made (Icedhope and I). :D
  • edited December 2009
    Hey, maybe you should try and animate the song we made (Icedhope and I). :D

I have a bad feeling about this I meeeeeeeeaaaaaannnn, you know, I was planning to ask to you eventually, That song was in fact one of the reasons why I started to learn flash again but I was planning to build some more skill levels in flash before even ask to you.

Now I did the disclaimer and you asked to me directly, is everything I need in the post? Or Do I need to know something else? (Just in case, that is a "yes, sure ^^!")
  • edited December 2009
    It's not crappy. It's adorable. 8D
    And yeah, I agree that we need more animations from you. :p
  • edited December 2009
    Nice choice of dialogue, and the facial expressions were great.:)
  • edited December 2009
    I have a bad feeling about this I meeeeeeeeaaaaaannnn, you know, I was planning to ask to you eventually, That song was in fact one of the reasons why I started to learn flash again but I was planning to build some more skill levels in flash before even ask to you.

Now I did the disclaimer and you asked to me directly, is everything I need in the post? Or Do I need to know something else? (Just in case, that is a "yes, sure ^^!")

Go! Ginny! Go! Your audience awaits, young animator.
  • edited December 2009

Yes! Do it!
  • edited December 2009
    Hoookay, Ginny!

I'll PM you with all the necesary details! Can't wait to see how this turns up :D
  • edited December 2009
    Hoookay, Ginny!

I'll PM you with all the necesary details! Can't wait to see how this turns up :D

I can't either, this will be an awesome time.
  • edited December 2009
    Aww ... you're like a mini-Majus! Although I'm a bit disturbed by bishie Sam. (Hey, Sam actually looks kind of SIX FOOT TALL DOG. STOP THINKING THAT NOW.)

I...I...

...I thought that during the whole two seasons >.> He looks so sexy (to me) and that disturbs me so much >_<

I tell myself it's the voice. Just the voice. Yeah, that's right.

I think it's just the lack of sexier males. He ends up being the closest thing there is to sexy. Plus he's so cute. And very huggable.
    And he plays the Banjo.
  • edited December 2009
    I thought Max was the one who appeals to females.
  • edited December 2009
    To fictional females, maybe :P

Max is awesome in a very different way, but I'd never ever want to try and cuddle him.
  • edited December 2009
    That was a good flash. I liked Max's expressions.

Sam is one of my favourite characters ever, especially the Telltale version of him. I can't say I find him physically attractive -- I really can't, I'm asexual -- but I do have a thing for big, dorky characters.

Max, I think, is a bit too cartoony even if you can find Sam attractive.
  • edited December 2009
    Falanca wrote: »
    I thought Max was the one who appeals to females.

That depend of the type of female, in fact ^^!
  • edited December 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Max, I think, is a bit too cartoony even if you can find Sam attractive.

Too cartoony to hang out with, maybe.
    That depend of the type of female, in fact ^^!

I don't know, Sam is the "manlier" one who has a more logical view at things. Dudes can emphatize him well. Max looks... well, hideously cute and "marketable". Everyone that has a feminine side (also a liking to sarcasm may be required) can find Max actually quite adorable. He IS a rabbit-y thing, after all. Girls dig rabbits.
  • edited December 2009
    Max is too creepy. His teeth scare me, they would hurt. If you dated him, he'd probably kill you halfway through the date, too.

He's adorable as anything that's not alive, like a plushie or whatever, but I'd never want to be near the real thing without Sam to protect me.

Sam is adult-sized instead of kiddie-sized, which, as far as being sexy, always helps. He's got a deeper voice, that's sexy too. He's more dependable (in comparison) and I wouldn't be as scared of him just shooting me or biting my head off. He's less unpredictable, therefore less scary.
    He also looks more like a human, somehow, probably the proportions. Or the fact that he wears clothes.

Girls dig rabbits, sure. But do they have sex with them?
    If we're talking about being cute, adorable, and freaky, then sure, Max wins.
    If we're talking about being cuddly, warm, sexy (comparatively), and having qualities that could be looked for in a human being, Sam wins.

I can't believe we're having this discussion.
  • edited December 2009
    Avistew wrote: »
    I can't believe we're having this discussion.

Me neither
  • edited December 2009
    It's not like this conversation will make us go somewhere anyway. I vote for an awkward silence after this post.
  • edited December 2009
    At least nobody said they're attracted to the Soda Poppers.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.