Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse?

edited February 2010 in Sam & Max
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/02/08/third-season-of-sam-max-called-the-devils-playhouse/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WE FINALLY HAVE A TITLE.

I LIKE IT.

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Source of the source.

I hope this is true. Not because of the name; I have no opinion on that; but because it's news.
  • edited February 2010
    Yay!?
  • edited February 2010
    Speculation time?
    Devil's Playhouse might indicate Satan coming back, or having a larger role.
    Penal could refer to a prison.
    Also, it might indicate that it's coming out soon. Hopefully.
  • edited February 2010
    jmg03 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, at the end of 205, Satan says He will see Sam and Max later. Could that have been foreshadowing Season 3? However,I don't think that's the official title. The previous Sam and Max Games have had zany titles,like "Sam and Max hit the Road" or Sam and Max save the world". The new title sounds more like a science fiction mini series then a Sam and Max Game

and Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space didnt sound like sci-fi.
  • edited February 2010
    Oh, interesting...
  • edited February 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I hope this is true. Not because of the name; I have no opinion on that; but because it's news.

Agreed! I mean I love Monkey Island and all, but I've been STARVED for some concrete info on S&M Season 3. It's torture waiting for these little tidbits of news to float up.
    The Rat wrote: »
    Speculation time?
    Also, it might indicate that it's coming out soon. Hopefully.

True that. It was filed just today, so maybe that means TTG's ready to put things in motion finally?
    jmg03 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, at the end of 205, Satan says He will see Sam and Max later. Could that have been foreshadowing Season 3? However,I don't think that's the official title. The previous Sam and Max Games have had zany titles,like "Sam and Max hit the Road" or Sam and Max save the world". The new title sounds more like a science fiction mini series then a Sam and Max Game

Well, that actually fits all of the things TTG's hinted at for the new season. I mean the series has always had a little sci-fi in it, but it feels like with this season they're going all out. In the last two seasons, it kinda starts off "normal" with the episodes building up to the end all crazy sci-fi-ish finale. What it seems like they're doing this season is just starting out the whole thing pure sci-fi.

Either way I think it's great. Keeps things from getting too stale or predictable.
  • edited February 2010
    The Penal Zone? No Kafka reference please...
    But wait: Max would love a tattoo-execution machine on which he can get high.
  • edited February 2010
    Lucky it's rated PG. If it was full of violence and gore or even a bit of nudity, it would be refused classification in Australia, because we don't have a R18+ rating for video games despite the fact it exists for film.

OK, gripe over. Time to vote in Gamers4Croydon at the upcoming SA election. Pity I don't live in that electorate tho...
  • edited February 2010
    I highly doubt anything Sam & Max related would be refused classification even in Australia.

But just to be safe, all the female characters should look like something like this.
  • edited February 2010
    Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 1 - The Penal Zone. That title is almost longer than Tales of Monkey Island - Episode 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood.
  • edited February 2010
    Sam & Max: Season One: Episode 2: Situation: Comedy and Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People: Episode 4: Dangeresque: Criminal Projective are pretty long as well.
  • edited February 2010
    Woo, news!

It's an odd title, but I like it. It sounds like it could be a title for one of the comics.
  • edited February 2010
    I thought it would be more... space-y... Oh well.
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah, I thought that was strange too. I don't care though.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Sam & Max: Season One: Episode 2: Situation: Comedy and Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People: Episode 4: Dangeresque: Criminal Projective are pretty long as well.

You mean "Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People: Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective In 3D?"
  • edited February 2010
    Just as long as it's not Peewee's Playhouse, we cool.
  • edited February 2010
    Hmmmm, Jake is not denying the news :)
  • edited February 2010
    Not approving it as well.
  • edited February 2010
    Could they possibly change the name after getting their approval from the Australian Board for Video Gamery or whatever it's called? Or could they change it later if they wanted to? To Captain Max's Fun Time Space Adventures perhaps?
  • edited February 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Could they possibly change the name after getting their approval from the Australian Board for Video Gamery or whatever it's called? Or could they change it later if they wanted to? To Captain Max's Fun Time Space Adventures perhaps?

Holy crap, I know hope that they do change it to that!:eek::D

I'm guessing this would mean that the first episode is done and an official announcement due soon?
  • edited February 2010
    RobD wrote: »
    I'm guessing this would mean that the first episode is done and an official announcement due soon?

Can we get our preorder special prints that has Max saying "I want a tattoo of Netherlands on my netherlands!" now?
  • edited February 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Not approving it as well.

This is about as good as a confirmation as you can get. He can't comment until the company makes an official announcement.

Probably not. That's more or less the official title.
  • edited February 2010
    Kroms wrote: »
    This is about as good as a confirmation as you can get. He can't comment until the company makes an official announcement.

True, he can't comment on it, but saying "it's not that" is (and would be) a comment as well. It's not really confirmative, I think.

And I didn't like the title THAT much, that's why I'm being like that. But still it's early to say such things.
  • edited February 2010
    Sounds interesting. And it fits the whole "demonic toybox" theme aswell. Will it still be listed here as Season 3?
  • edited February 2010
    I liked Sam and Max 2010 for some reason... but now this gorilla thing become even more weird..

Oh well, is sam and max ^^!
  • edited February 2010
    The Penal Zone?

Hmmm sounds a-bit weird, I might adjust to it in due time though.
  • edited February 2010
    True, he can't comment on it, but saying "it's not that" is (and would be) a comment as well. It's not really confirmative, I think.

It is IMHO, they always hurry to refute false gossip.

Anyway, I'm not that interested in the title itself (although I do like it), but the fact there's an approval for the game means it cannot be too far away! :cool:
  • edited February 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. And it fits the whole "demonic toybox" theme aswell. Will it still be listed here as Season 3?

Hah, you kind of had me hoping that there'd be a crossover with Toybox for a second. A cameo from Ernie and Suda would be awesome.
  • edited February 2010

And I didn't like the title THAT much, that's why I'm being like that. But still it's early to say such things.

We don't really know anything about the story, do we. Telltale doesn't just randomly name things on a whim. Otherwise we'd have gotten Sam and Max: The Kingdom of Steve the Sock Monkey: Episode One: The Whoopie Cushion of Thirty-One Unicorn-Flavored Curses.

@Kroms: I would love to see an Ernie and Suda cameo somewhere, oh yes please. Yet, they deserve their own game.
  • edited February 2010
    @Kroms: I would love to see an Ernie and Suda cameo somewhere, oh yes please. Yet, they deserve their own game.

+1 !!!!

Edit: Now I think about it, this title made a bit more sense with the telephone and the black and white guy with the red rose.
  • edited February 2010
    A blood red rose ... mua ha ha ha! Ooo wait, rose ... Valentine's Day ... wouldn't an official announcement be a lovely way for TTG to say, they love us?
  • edited February 2010
    Romance with a power-mad space gorilla? That sounds very very wrong... xD
  • edited February 2010
    I don't think black-and-white dude is giving the rose to the Space Gorilla. Then again, who am I to stand in the way of True Love?
  • edited February 2010
    I hope it's a female gorilla. Then again, I could be wrong... gulp!
  • edited February 2010
    Could they show nipples if it were a female Space Gorilla? Australians, care to comment?
  • edited February 2010
    You know what can make all these even more disturbing?

Max can shapeshift. Into various possible forms.
  • edited February 2010
    Like a chain chomp? A chain chomp with bunny ears!
  • edited February 2010
    Pokey.
  • edited February 2010
    Could they show nipples if it were a female Space Gorilla? Australians, care to comment?
    Is "Night of the Raving Dead" banned in AUS? If not, there is your answer ;).
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    Like a chain chomp? A chain chomp with bunny ears!

What on Earth (or whatever planet you feel is appropriate) is a chain chomp?
    Pokey.

Goo was the one who shape-shifted! Or maybe I didn't watch enough Gumby as a kid. Can too much be not enough?
    Is "Night of the Raving Dead" banned in AUS? If not, there is your answer ;).

No... but I was pretty sure that Jurgen is a dude. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.