124»

Comments

• edited February 2010
    y-so-srs-2.jpg
  • edited February 2010
    y-so-srs-2.jpg

Geez that's creepy...
  • edited February 2010
    I don't know why, but photoshopping Human eyes onto animals always makes them extra creepy, I think anyway. Probably because it has hints of the uncanny valley; the eyes aren't that far off, but being so close but so far makes them extra geegee.
  • edited February 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I don't know why, but photoshopping Human eyes onto animals always makes them extra creepy, I think anyway.

And vice versa, if anyone here tried doing such a thing.
  • edited February 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I don't know why, but photoshopping Human eyes onto animals always makes them extra creepy, I think anyway. Probably because it has hints of the uncanny valley; the eyes aren't that far off, but being so close but so far makes them extra geegee.

Actually its the cats real eyes.

serious-cat.jpg

Non-Jokerized pic^
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah, the absence of white and the slit pupil made me realise it was the cat's eyes, but it still felt off. And you know what, the un-photoshoped picture feels off too :P

I think it's the expression. The eyes are in a weird shape, neither all open and round not in the "half-closed" smiling way. I've never seen a cat with that expression before.

Actually, it looks like he is frowning. That's pretty weird, my cats never frown.
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah, it's unlikely the "un-photoshoped" picture is actually un-photoshoped.
  • edited February 2010
    I wonder if i don't see a Pee Wee's Playhouse reference will be
    noooo1.gif
    becouse this name don't will make sense.
  • edited February 2010
    Devil%27s_Playhouse_logo.jpg

We actually have a logo!!!
  • edited February 2010
    leaked, I presume?

anyway, it seems to retain an out-of-space feel

so it continues to look mysterious and exciting. :D
  • edited February 2010
    Nah, it appeared on the G4TV-website yesterday, and apparently they also have an interview with Dan Connors about Sam & Max they're going to post soon. They also said that Telltale will be releasing a lot more info in the coming days. So it isn't leaked, G4TV just got the scoop this time.

I wonder what other clues are hidden in the logo, apart from the Olympic flame that everyone has noticed by now.

Is that the Sims-diamond in the O?
  • edited February 2010
    leaked, I presume?
    Nope, this one's official.
  • edited February 2010
    I wonder what other clues are hidden in the logo, apart from the Olympic flame that everyone has noticed by now.

The A kind of looks like it's mirrored from the A-team logo. Several people have claimed Twilight Zone reference as well.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »

I noticed the word "House". The Season must have something to do with the TV series or electronic music! ;)
  • edited February 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »
    I noticed the word "House". The Season must have something to do with the TV series or electronic music! ;)

I've got it! 'The Devil's Playhouse' is an anagram for 'A Televised Hush Ploy'.

Oh man, this season is going to be epic.
  • edited February 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Nah, it appeared on the G4TV-website yesterday, and apparently they also have an interview with Dan Connors about Sam & Max they're going to post soon. They also said that Telltale will be releasing a lot more info in the coming days. So it isn't leaked, G4TV just got the scoop this time.

Holy crap i found the major hint.
    It says sam, that will mean he will play a major role in the seaon:eek::eek:
  • edited February 2010
    He will have a sidekick named Max (or... so my highly secret informant inside TTG claims).

THE PLOT THICKENS.

[PS. Sorry, informant dude, but this was just too important to get out right now. Hope you have luck in finding a new job.]
  • edited February 2010
    It has a space backdrop so this probably means you will play as Roger Wilco
  • edited February 2010
    You know, I keep looking at that logo and reading "The PDevil's Layhouse".

And that makes me wonder, is "Layhouse" a word?
    (PDevil obviously refers to evil Private Detectives. Duh.)
  • edited February 2010
    "Hey Sam, is Layhouse a real word?"
  • edited February 2010

We actually have a logo!!!

Oh my gosh this is like a dream! I can't believe we're finally getting the 3rd season. It's been a long wait. ;_;

On the logo, am I the only one getting a Twilight Zone vibe from it?
  • edited February 2010
    Detective wrote: »
    Oh my gosh this is like a dream! I can't believe we're finally getting the 3rd season. It's been a long wait. ;_;

On the logo, am I the only one getting a Twilight Zone vibe from it?

Nope, I'm feeling it too. Feeling it BIG time.

*imagines Flint in Rod Sterling's role* oh wow :p
  • edited February 2010
    the first thing I thought when seeing that was "doodoodoodoo doodoodoodoo doodoodoodoo"

I'm trying to think of an opening sequence speach that ends with "You are about to enter... The Devils Playhouse"
  • jmmjmm
    edited February 2010
    Black and White Scene. Sam and Max are in the office and move in the background.
    A mysterious man (suit and red rose) is in there too, but neither Sam nor Max can see him.

Man (Monotone speak, talks to the 4th wall): This story is about two regular freelance officers: a 6 foot-tall canine shamus and a white rabitty thing.

Pause. Scene shifts to a close-up on the man's face. We see him talking in a deadpan expression.
    Man: These officers eagerly accept a new case, however without knowing it, their lives will be changed forever when they step into (dramatic pause)... The Devil's Playhouse.

Full scene. The man walks away. Color fade in. Phone rings.
  • edited February 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    the first thing I thought when seeing that was "doodoodoodoo doodoodoodoo doodoodoodoo"

I'm trying to think of an opening sequence speach that ends with "You are about to enter... The Devils Playhouse"

Aha, I can totally picture Sam walking towards the camera and saying that during the opening sequence.

By the way, another thing I just noticed; This is the first TTG Sam and Max game to have an actual title from the get go. The first two games were just dubbed Season 1 and Season 2 until they were released on consoles. Very interesting.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of an opening sequence speach that ends with "You are about to enter... The Devils Playhouse Penal Zone"

How about that?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.